Virgin America Airport Team Member

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1050)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Annie415sf in San Francisco, California

54 months ago

Hi Fice,
I left a message yesterday inquiring about the training class starting April 11. When I receive a call back I will let you know on here. Are you training in SF? Anyone else applied to SFO? I see most of the ppl on here are hopefuls from LA or Chicago.

Thanks Fice for your encouraging words! Great to have ppl like you working beside us!

Good luck to everyone else and plz keep us updated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fice88 in Van Nuys, California

54 months ago

Annie415sf in San Francisco, California said: Hi Fice,
I left a message yesterday inquiring about the training class starting April 11. When I receive a call back I will let you know on here. Are you training in SF? Anyone else applied to SFO? I see most of the ppl on here are hopefuls from LA or Chicago.

Thanks Fice for your encouraging words! Great to have ppl like you working beside us!

Good luck to everyone else and plz keep us updated!

Hi Annie,
On behalf of Team LAX ... we were told that we r going to VX headquarters to train . So, I will definitely see you there. I think we might end up in the same class ... if that the case .. it would be great to meet new friends from different station.Okay, Annie, let us know the latest update ...Take care!

BalletForMe in grosse point, Michigan

53 months ago

Hello All!
I hope everyone waiting gets good news this afternoon!!
For those of you that already have, congrats!
Have a great weekend! :)

Island Girl in Placentia, California

53 months ago

Thanks Ballet..staying positive here!

cirish in chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

Yeah!!!! Frank called !! So excited-and really looking forward to meeting my coworkers n team for chicago!!! Best of luck to all!

53 months ago

cirish in chicago, Illinois said: Yeah!!!! Frank called !! So excited-and really looking forward to meeting my coworkers n team for chicago!!! Best of luck to all!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's awesome! Yay for you!
Hopefully the rest of us will be getting calls as well. :)

PS Was Frank at the interview sessions?

53 months ago

Hi, Yes Frank was at the interview. I am so wishing all that have posted here, the best of luck and a position! I look so forward to making new friends, and training and helping make Chicago an awesome part of Virgin A... I am praying for you all!! :):):)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

cirish in chicago, Illinois said: Hi, Yes Frank was at the interview. I am so wishing all that have posted here, the best of luck and a position! I look so forward to making new friends, and training and helping make Chicago an awesome part of Virgin A... I am praying for you all!! :):):)

Well...its after 6pm on Friday, and have yet to receive a call. This leads me to believe that I didn't get the job afterall. I guess it simply wasn't meant to be. However, if something changes, I'll definitely post it! :)
I'd love to hear if other Chicago interviewees got a call (or, not as it may be--we can commiserate-lol!)
And even though it doesn't look good for me, I still wish the best to everyone else and happy for those who got hired! What a awesome to start the weekend!! Congrats again! :)

goeasy in SF, California

53 months ago

Got the call. Training will start April 11 @ VX HQ. Good luck to the rest of you and I look forward to meeting you!

fice88 in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

Hello Friends ....Congrats to all that going to the training on the 11th April. LAX team ... you might receive the email stating the training has been push back to the 2nd May . Did anyone else receive the same email???Wish you all the best and meanwhile keep doing what you r doing ....and hopefully we will meet next traning date! Take care and good nite!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Hi Fice, I received the email about training being pushed back til May 2. But I see other applicants on this forum from ORD and SFO who have been invited to the training class on April 11. Maybe they are just scheduling a second class because there are so many new people that they need to train?

fice88 in Sherman Oaks, California

53 months ago

Island Girl in Placentia, California said: Hi Fice, I received the email about training being pushed back til May 2. But I see other applicants on this forum from ORD and SFO who have been invited to the training class on April 11. Maybe they are just scheduling a second class because there are so many new people that they need to train?

Island girl ... did you know anyone from LAx get into April 11th training? I was pleased with the news because, I thought I would have enough time to train a colleague to take my place when I leave and after two minutes later .... I said to myself, "Am I sure VX just pushing the dates back b'cos there so many that haven't got their backgroundcheck cleared or .... am I in denial???
Well, the bottom line is I must have faith in what VX told me .... and let's stay positive.... I work next to Terminal 3 in LAX ... VX is impeccable. And have confident that you are a great addition to VX .... we make a great team,right! Take care!

53 months ago

Hi Fice, I, too am going to have faith in what VX said in thier email and stay positive! I have a feeling that they need people in ODR asap and I'm pretty sure that the SFO interviews took place before LAX, so that's probably why they are in the earlier class. At our interview, they said that LAX is really growing and that they plan to hire a lot over the next few months. So I have faith that everything is going to be OK...VX is definitely worth waiting for! Best wishes to all!

fice88 in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

Island Girl in Placentia, California said: Hi Fice, I, too am going to have faith in what VX said in thier email and stay positive! I have a feeling that they need people in ODR asap and I'm pretty sure that the SFO interviews took place before LAX, so that's probably why they are in the earlier class. At our interview, they said that LAX is really growing and that they plan to hire a lot over the next few months. So I have faith that everything is going to be OK...VX is definitely worth waiting for! Best wishes to all!

Yes!!!!!

53 months ago

Hello to all, is there anyone on this forum, that is aware of the dress code during the training for Airport Team Member? Guessing business casual as interview but not positive....Thanks!

53 months ago

Hi, is there anyone on this forum that knows the dress code while training for Airport Team Members? Guessing business casual but not positive of that. Thanks!

fice88 in Sherman Oaks, California

53 months ago

Hi Cirish ... well, business casual is on point. Relax professional and put your own flare into your style. Have fun in your training! Hope to meet you in person someday! Have a blasts!

blondie in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

Ok, Chicago ORD hopeful here. Had my drug test two weeks ago, emailed a copy of my HS diploma, know that one of my employers have been contacted, but haven't heard anything either way...

Anyone get an offer for ORD yet??? Meanwhile, back to the friendly skies I go...

LoveCali in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

blondie in Chicago, Illinois said: Ok, Chicago ORD hopeful here. Had my drug test two weeks ago, emailed a copy of my HS diploma, know that one of my employers have been contacted, but haven't heard anything either way...

Anyone get an offer for ORD yet??? Meanwhile, back to the friendly skies I go...

I am in the same situation.... I hope the e-mail me either way.

53 months ago

cirish in chicago, Illinois said: Hi, Yes Frank was at the interview. I am so wishing all that have posted here, the best of luck and a position! I look so forward to making new friends, and training and helping make Chicago an awesome part of Virgin A... I am praying for you all!! :):):)

Hi! Is the training still in Chicago?

53 months ago

HI Chicago peeps :) Thanks Fice88 for input on bus casual..guessing you are correct. As far as I know, training is still in Chicago. I was offered and did accept the ATM position. Sure will hear soon on much to come. Good Luck All!

blondie

53 months ago

LoveCali, post if you hear either way, I will do same....

LoveCali

53 months ago

Blondie, I will as soon as I hear. Good luck to all of us!

blondie

53 months ago

Yes, most definately, good luck to us all!

53 months ago

Yes g'luck to you all! I'm actually at an airport and just checked into my flight on Virgin! I was talking with the ATM's and they immediately perked up when I told them I start training April 11th in SFO.

Who else will be with me at that training class? It will be nice to meet you in person :)

sunshinekid in San Diego, California

53 months ago

I go in for an interview tomorrow! I'm nervous but excited, I feel like this might be my chance to get in with an airline. Is it really 4 hours long? I'm supposed to get there 30 min before the actual scheduled time of the interview to check in which makes me curious as to why. I hope there aren't a lot of others interviewing. I interviewed with Delta about a month ago along with 30 others for 8 spots but I didn't get in. I feel that what keeps me in the background is my age, people in the industry might see me as being too young or immature, because of my enthusiasm for airlines.

Anyway, can anyone give me any feedback as to what to expect? The interview isn't even at an airport so I'm assuming it'll be group interviews. Any tips, pointers? Thanks!

JG in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

Sunshine, the interview can take up to four hours. It depends on what group your in. They will divide you all in 4 or 5 groups. During my interview session we started off with an icebreaker to get to know everyone, then they explained the company to us and what we would be doing, and then the interview is a group interview with everyone that was in your group. I would tell you to be yourself and do not try to sound better than everyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Hi Sunshinekid,

I think what they look for most is 1)Customer Service Skills 2)Team Building Skills. Think of examples of how you used these skills in your past jobs and be able to say an example if they ask you during the 1:1 interview.

In the group interview you have to interact with a team made up of other candidates. You have to present as a group, which means speaking in front of a lot of people. Relax, have fun with it, and smile!

53 months ago

Thanks so much you guys! I know I'll do well in my interview. Gotta keep the vibe positive! ;] I'll let you guys know how it goes! Do you know what happens afterward?

53 months ago

Did anyone in Chicago who interviewed on March 8 hear anything?

53 months ago

JG in Chicago, Illinois said: Sunshine, the interview can take up to four hours. It depends on what group your in. They will divide you all in 4 or 5 groups. During my interview session we started off with an icebreaker to get to know everyone, then they explained the company to us and what we would be doing, and then the interview is a group interview with everyone that was in your group. I would tell you to be yourself and do not try to sound better than everyone else.

My interview went exactly as you said it would, except that we all had individual interviews. There was only about 30 of us but everyone was pretty diverse and seemed super well traveled. We're supposed to hear back next week about whether or not we'll be going to the training in May in SF, so I'm hoping I get a call! Thanks for the advice, I really appreciated it! ;]

blondie

53 months ago

LoveCali,

I received a call yesterday, april class full, offered may/june if I was interested, of course I said yes. Have you heard anything? Anyone else get a call for ORD?

53 months ago

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone who accepted an offer of employment online receive a follow-up email? I know the training is April 11th but I haven't received any info other than the date.

blondie

53 months ago

Cirish,

Keep in touch, let me know how its going, I have been told that April class is full and that I would be contacted for May/June training date. I'd love to hear how your training is progressing, send your email addy! Good luck and congrats to you!

53 months ago

blondie said: LoveCali,

I received a call yesterday, april class full, offered may/june if I was interested, of course I said yes. Have you heard anything? Anyone else get a call for ORD?

Hi Blondie,

I received the exact same call. I don't know what to think. I hope to get a call soon with an actual job offer. I will be happy with training in May, but hopefully not later, because of seniority.

53 months ago

Hi Blonde I sure will stay connected on my experience as I go through it.....Annie415sf, I got an offer via phone call on Friday (ORD ATM) and a follow up email to accept or not on same day..Good luck as always all :):)

blondie

53 months ago

LoveCali,

Yes, not exactly a job offer but its better then the thanks but no thanks others have received. I totally agree, seniority is key, so really hoping for May as well. Do you want to keep in touch via email??

53 months ago

Yes, not exactly a job offer but its better then the thanks but no thanks others have received. I totally agree, seniority is key, so really hoping for May as well. Do you want to keep in touch via email??

Sure, how do you want to exchange e-mails?

blondie

53 months ago

I will start a new email addy to post here, then you can email me and I will reply with the real one. Would rather not post the real one here, spammers are lurking everywhere! Lol. Does that work? It will be in a few hours

53 months ago

Works for me.

blondie

53 months ago

LoveCali,

Here's the temp email:

Notmemail00@gmail.com

I will respond from my real email as well as this one so you can save it! I am actually flying back to chicago and will be home in a few hours.

LoveCali in Schaumburg, Illinois

53 months ago

Here's the temp email:

Notmemail00@gmail.com

I will respond from my real email as well as this one so you can save it! I am actually flying back to chicago and will be home in a few hours.

I e-mailed you earlier. Let me know if you got it.

blondie

53 months ago

Cirish,

Email me at notmemail00@gmail.com and I will email you back from my regular email, were you at tuesdays interviews?

53 months ago

Got the call today for Chicago ATM....yeah! So excited to meet everyone!

LoveCali

53 months ago

Which training class are you in April or May? Also did you get a call from Frank or Carmela? Good lucK!

53 months ago

LoveCali in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Blondie,

I received the exact same call. I don't know what to think. I hope to get a call soon with an actual job offer. I will be happy with training in May, but hopefully not later, because of seniority.

There is a training class starting on May 9th as well....good luck!

53 months ago

LoveCali said: Which training class are you in April or May? Also did you get a call from Frank or Carmela? Good lucK!

Got the call from Frank. Carmela called last week but I was in Florida for 10 days with family only getting home last night and therefore missed it. Since I hadn't heard from anyone when the others who had gotten the offers had, i simply assumed I didn't get the job afterall and wasn't going to dwell on it. I was surprised when I got the call from Frank this afternoon for May training. :)

53 months ago

blondie said: Cirish,

Keep in touch, let me know how its going, I have been told that April class is full and that I would be contacted for May/June training date. I'd love to hear how your training is progressing, send your email addy! Good luck and congrats to you!

It seems they're getting the May training class together

blondie

53 months ago

Well hopefully those of us who got the call that April was full will get an offer for May...congrats to those that did!!! I wonder how many in each class?

fice88 in Yorba Linda, California

53 months ago

Hello Everyone,
Congratulations to all ORD ATM in the making .... hope to work with you all in the future. Any updates from LAX? Anyone? ..... Continue to be positive !

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.