Virgin America Airport Team Member

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 1052)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

LoveCali

58 months ago

Does anyone knows if part timer get to fly for free?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fice88 in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

LoveCali said: Does anyone knows if part timer get to fly for free?

Hello Love Cali ... of course both part time and full time will enjoy the unlimited flight benefits. Of course we will be on standby or availibility basis. Hope to see you soon! Are your reporting dates on 04/28??

Luv2fly girl

58 months ago

I got a call yesterday and they told me that training starts on May 2 and I need to travel to SFO.
I will be stationed in IAD. Anybody else got the call. They said 2 weeks training and 1 week on the job.
I am very excited. =)

cait1031 in Santa Monica, California

58 months ago

Haven't been called about LAX interviews ;-(. When did they call you?

pquinn in San Clemente, California

58 months ago

Cait1031 in Santa Monica, California said: Haven't been called about LAX interviews ;-(. When did they call you?

Same here Cait. I am still hoping that they are hiring more since the job is still posted, but it's somewhat discouraging to see everyone else getting called.

LoveCali

58 months ago

Fice88 I am in Chicago. I start training May 9.

Lovetofly in Laguna Hills, California

58 months ago

Lovely in Long Beach, California said: Will anyone be attending the LAX group interviews next week too?

I will be at the Tuesday morning session. Which one are you going to?

Lovely in Long Beach, California

58 months ago

Two weeks ago. Monday

BalletForMe in grosse point, Michigan

58 months ago

LoveCali said: Fice88 I am in Chicago. I start training May 9.

CHICAGO ATMS.....can anyone tell me where training is being held? Will they send out a packet before training? Thanks! :)

RPM in San Diego, California

58 months ago

Has anyone been to training?? What's it like??

58 months ago

I love their interviewing technique

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

I remember the process being Interviewed>background check>drug test>training date offer>training... does anyone know if everyone will be getting a BG check email? They said ppl will hear something within 1-2 weeks after the interview

58 months ago

and do the send letters of decline?

Tatiana Marie in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

Hello Everyone! I just applied tonight, is it too late for me to be considered??? I hope not!!! Please let me know, thanks.

pquinn in San Clemente, California

58 months ago

Tatiana Marie in Los Angeles, California said: Hello Everyone! I just applied tonight, is it too late for me to be considered??? I hope not!!! Please let me know, thanks.

Hey Tatiana. I applied a few weeks ago and have yet to hear anything, but I'm hoping they are contacting people in waves. I would think they'd take down the job posting otherwise. Good luck to you and I hope we interview together!

58 months ago

pquinn in San Clemente, California said: Hey Tatiana. I applied a few weeks ago and have yet to hear anything, but I'm hoping they are contacting people in waves. I would think they'd take down the job posting otherwise. Good luck to you and I hope we interview together!

pquinn and Tatiana- I think you're right they might be doing it in waves. They had an April training and one for May and I think they will have more in June. They mentioned something like that in the interviews.
Good luck!! :)

58 months ago

They had interviews on monday and tues i believe, for the june training class. but i think they hire every month now because the amount of flights they have now is becoming very rapid.

sandiego143 in San Diego, California

58 months ago

RPM in San Diego, California said: pquinn and Tatiana- I think you're right they might be doing it in waves. They had an April training and one for May and I think they will have more in June. They mentioned something like that in the interviews.
Good luck!! :)

RPM, Have you received anymore information since accepting the offer?

58 months ago

Not yet. I called Fransesca and she said they'll send out more info as we get closer to the training date. So we wait...

58 months ago

That is what she said to me. Will you let me know if you receive any more info? I will do the same. Thanks!

fice88 in Anaheim, California

58 months ago

sandiego143 in San Diego, California said: That is what she said to me. Will you let me know if you receive any more info? I will do the same. Thanks!

not to worry .. pls check your spam mail. I got it just now . and we will meet soon! take care

58 months ago

Thanks fice. Just recieved an email with hiring papers. :)

skyisthelimit in dallas, Texas

58 months ago

has anyone else applied for the ATM(airlineteammember) I just recently applied for that position literally 1 day ago, and from the looks of thing i maybe waiting on a CB for a while. Does anyone know if they will be giving any Call backs soon? Is it just me or is everyone that is applying from Cali?! I seem to be the only one from Dallas Tx.

SoCalGal in Long Beach, California

58 months ago

Hello,
was anyone at the LAX group interviews Mon/Tues?
I havent received a THANKS BUT NOT THANKS, but from the looks of everyone else, they were emailed after a week. Im so anxious, you guys are all happy...i wana be a team member too =(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Does anyone that is training on May 2 know anything about travel accommodations for the training?

58 months ago

They said they fly you, put you in your own room and comp your food the day of the group interviews

58 months ago

sandiego143 in San Diego, California said: Does anyone that is training on May 2 know anything about travel accommodations for the training?

I haven't heard anything with details... Still waiting. Although I received the e-mail for the red carpet orientation. Samuel said to contact our airport supervisor for flight details.

FAwannabe in Chatsworth, California

58 months ago

If anyone fwants to hear my two cents I will contribute. I have a history of interviewing for the Airport Team Member at LAX. Originally, I attended an open house for team members at LAX when they first started flying out of LAX in 2006. They didn't even have a website job board then, and advertising for Aiport Team member openings was done on Craigslist. I was interviewed, attended the open house, and offered a position on the spot. Right then and there. However, I turned the opportunity down at the time because I was also interviewing for JetBlue. I regret that to this day. I would have been the number 1 on the seniority list because I was in the first group and the oldest there with the highest ssn. (That is what they were using then and it might have changed.) I can't tell you how much I regret turning down the job. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Since that time, I have gone to three other open houses at the Ayers Hotel for airport team members. Every time, I have been turned down. Every time. They send an email out within about 1-2 weeks with rejection. The last time I attended was in March.

All I can tell you is that competition is extremely fierce. They only invite a select few to the open house and select just a few at the open house.

Just shine and be yourself, dress professional and hopefully--hopefully--you will get a chance. It seems they are overwhelmed with applications, at least in LA.

58 months ago

Well from exp if a job offers employment to you and you decline it, they usually wont offer it later if it is a competitive job. airlines hardly hire as is.

58 months ago

but if you really want to be hired there i say keep on going because they will soon see you actually want the job. im glad they did send you an email to let you know instead of wonder, because i know jetblue will let you wonder. but have you tried to apply for any other locations if you dont mind moving?

Shelton in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

58 months ago

Can I call virgin to check my status.... I applied for dfw a while back and haven't heard any thing yet.

vegasgirl in Las Vegas, Nevada

58 months ago

How does training for Guest Services at VA work in Las Vegas???? I am supposed to go to an interview this Tues at the Hampton Inn next to the Airport. Will this be a group interview?? Possible questions? Any suggestions on interview dress attire? Thanks!!

58 months ago

Shelton in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Can I call virgin to check my status.... I applied for dfw a while back and haven't heard any thing yet.

yes call-- dont think it will hurt and it will definitely show your interest.

58 months ago

I was told that VA paid $12 /hr + full benefits for part time or full time and flight discounts/ 401 k... how much room for advancement is there in Las Vegas?? It is hard to live on $12/hr ... I would take the job, in the hopes of moving up in the company over the next few years. Is this realistic?

shelton in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

58 months ago

hey what number do i call to check my status?

SkyyGirl in Illinois

57 months ago

Did anyone notice they posted ATM/ORD again last week???? ...Anyways, I received a call to set up an interview... Has anyone else applied to this recently??? ...Just curious to what the interview process might be... did not sound like a group interview...(told me that it would last 30 minutes) ...and for those who have already been hired/training ~ Did they send you the drug test/backround check consent forms BEFORE your interview??? or did they send that after your interview??? My process seems a little different than what I've read on this forum... I hope someone can help me understand!! ...Thanks for any input!

Dina in Ocean City, Maryland

57 months ago

Hi Everybody!

Was anyone here invited to ATM/JFK Interview on Tuesday May 10th?

I get a call from Francesca today... I'm SOOOOOO exited and nervous!
I want to get the JOB with VA so bad!
Can anybody present more specific information about interview process and questions?
What kind of group exercise was done at the interviews?
What else should i be prepared for?
THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH FRIENDS!

57 months ago

How many people usually attend the event?
How many do they select after interview?
Does anybody has an idea, how many people are they looking for JFK?
Do they ask you to complete some IQ tests on interview?

To the ones who made it - CONGRATS!!! ;)

SkyyGirl in Illinois

57 months ago

Dina in Ocean City, Maryland said: How many people usually attend the event?
How many do they select after interview?
Does anybody has an idea, how many people are they looking for JFK?
Do they ask you to complete some IQ tests on interview?

To the ones who made it - CONGRATS!!! ;)

Hey Dina ~ Read this whole forum... it's very informative... It seems that sometimes they do group interviews, sometimes 2 on 1... ...Whatever way they chose to interview you this Tuesday, just be prepared for situational questions... and be yourself and I'm sure you'll be fine... This forum would probably be more active if candidates weren't forced to "sign-in" to reply... so with that hindrance we only have 4 pages to read, (which is a good thing I guess)....so read up and be prepared... Good luck Tuesday!!!

57 months ago

Thank you so much SkyyGirl...
I'm so exited and I have so many questions.
I have read the forum from the first page and not missing a word. But the most replies have common answers. Therefore I was wondering maby somebody can tell me an example of group exercise that was done at the interviews.

Sweetiepie in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

Interview has approx 30 people.. Pretty casual. They want you to relax and have fun so they can see you interact with other people and see YOU. There were 5 virgin employees at my interview. We were divided into group and then did ice breakers to get to know everyone. Fun and easy. No way to prepare so just go with it. Then they do a presentation and then individual interviews. That's it

57 months ago

Interview has approx 30 people.. Pretty casual. They want you to relax and have fun so they can see you interact with other people and see YOU. There were 5 virgin employees at my interview. We were divided into group and then did ice breakers to get to know everyone. Fun and easy. No way to prepare so just go with it. Then they do a presentation and then individual interviews. That's it

57 months ago

Questions: why do you want to work for VA?
Why are you leaving current job?
Tel me about a time you had a conflict with coworker?
Tell me about a time you had a challenge at work and how you handled it?
How would you handle it If 2 coworkers were talking bad about another agent?
What's one word to describe yourself?
Hope this helps;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Sweetiepie in Phoenix, Arizona said: Questions: why do you want to work for VA?
Why are you leaving current job?
Tel me about a time you had a conflict with coworker?
Tell me about a time you had a challenge at work and how you handled it?
How would you handle it If 2 coworkers were talking bad about another agent?
What's one word to describe yourself?
Hope this helps;)

Thank you very much Sweetiepie!;) That was very informative! I truly appreciate your help!
Did you get the job with them? When was your interview?
Take care!

Sweetiepie in Las Vegas, Nevada

57 months ago

Had my interview last week. They said they would be in touch in 1 to 2 weeks and from there you gave to get a 10 year background check and employment history check. Then training would be in June or July for 2 weeks in San Francisco . Good luck!!

skyisthelimit in dallas, Texas

57 months ago

Shelton in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Can I call virgin to check my status.... I applied for dfw a while back and haven't heard any thing yet.

I applied in April to the dfw location also and haven't heard anything. do you know anyone that has heard from them? I really hope they do call backs this month

SkyyGirl in Illinois

57 months ago

Sweetiepie in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Had my interview last week. They said they would be in touch in 1 to 2 weeks and from there you gave to get a 10 year background check and employment history check. Then training would be in June or July for 2 weeks in San Francisco . Good luck!!

Thanks Sweetiepie ~ I actually was asked these questions on the phone already... Then I was invited to interiew and was told it would take approximately 30 minutes. I was also given a choice of times (10:00am or 10:30am)... This would make me believe that I will be doing an individual interview... also, I have already been sent drug/backround consent forms and also told that training would be June or July... I appreciate all your help... Good luck to you!

blake in Las Vegas, Nevada

57 months ago

vegasgirl in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I was told that VA paid $12 /hr + full benefits for part time or full time and flight discounts/ 401 k... how much room for advancement is there in Las Vegas?? It is hard to live on $12/hr ... I would take the job, in the hopes of moving up in the company over the next few years. Is this realistic?

were you in the tuesday group interview?

57 months ago

Sweetiepie in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Had my interview last week. They said they would be in touch in 1 to 2 weeks and from there you gave to get a 10 year background check and employment history check. Then training would be in June or July for 2 weeks in San Francisco . Good luck!!

Hey! I was in the tuesday interview... were you?

57 months ago

Anyone that had an interview from LAS that received a call or email?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.