Virgin America Airport Team Member

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 1025)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

VirginLAX in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

Blake, it was around three weeks if I remember correctly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

perduta in California

46 months ago

VirginLAX in Los Angeles, California said: Blake, it was around three weeks if I remember correctly.

So you already got the job offer? That is awesome! Do you know if any body else from your group got hired or got dismissed? I know my background check has cleared, I received the copy, and all was ok, but this wait is nerve wrecking, training is less than 2 weeks away...

socalgurl in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

perduta in California said: So you already got the job offer? That is awesome! Do you know if any body else from your group got hired or got dismissed? I know my background check has cleared, I received the copy, and all was ok, but this wait is nerve wrecking, training is less than 2 weeks away...

I haven't heard anything. Its been three weeks since I completed my drug test and cleared everything.

socalgurl in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

perduta in California said: So you already got the job offer? That is awesome! Do you know if any body else from your group got hired or got dismissed? I know my background check has cleared, I received the copy, and all was ok, but this wait is nerve wrecking, training is less than 2 weeks away...

And I am right there with you on the nervous part :)

vegasgirl in Las Vegas, Nevada

46 months ago

socalgurl in Los Angeles, California said: And I am right there with you on the nervous part :)

Some people may be being considered for the July 11th training session...

46 months ago

VirginLA in Manhattan Beach, California said: Hi everyone,

I applied for the LAX position and will be going to training in June. Looking forward to seeing some of you there! Does anyone know if the training is divided by station or is it all stations mixed together?

Did they call or email you with the official offer??

VirginLAX in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

They called then sent a copy via email. I don't have the contact info from anyone at the interview so I'm not sure what their status is.

perduta in California

46 months ago

VirginLAX in Los Angeles, California said: They called then sent a copy via email. I don't have the contact info from anyone at the interview so I'm not sure what their status is.

Thank you. I appreciate your help :)
I. Guess it is really frustrating not to know, I did receive an email letting me know I am still considered for the position but they said they are also waiting for the check to clear, which I already know it did since I received the copy, I just wish I knew what to expect..

Need a job on LI in Floral Park, New York

45 months ago

Does anyone know what the current situation is with boarding when you go to training? I have seen conflicting statements on the boards. Some say you pay your own way, others say that Virgin pays for board. Hoping for the July class, took the drug test last week.

45 months ago

I believe they fly you to San fran then give you a per diem for room/food etc.. (but prob not enough to cover it all .. So be ready to come out of pocket). You stay wherever u want. They have discounts at a few hotels or you can stay with friends etc., basically you are on your own.

perduta in California

45 months ago

That is so strange, training is less than 2 weeks away, and you think they would give the time to peole to give the 2 weeks notice...

perduta in California

45 months ago

anybody heard anything yet?
"hiring" or "thank, but no thanks", this is killing me!
i am putting off a long needed visit to my parents that i haven't seen in years, and this wait is hindering the purchase of the tickets, i would be very disappointed if i hear a no at the last minute, while i could have purchase them, and with the 21 days advance policy they are going to kill the summer time visit since we are bounded by school time, SO IF YOU HEARD ANYTHING, COULD YOU PLEASE SHARE?

Thank you :)

45 months ago

I know.. It's a pretty long wait. I'm really hoping we hear something by tomorrow.. Otherwise it is pretty short notice to get your life organized to leave for 3 wks?! At this point signs are beginning to point to a July training? Anyone in Vegas heard back for June training???please let us know!! Thanks all;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Starfox in Vallejo, California

45 months ago

So I just applied online through Virgin America's website for the Team member position at SFO. How long does it normally take before they contact you about these group interviews? I'm hoping they're still in the hiring process.

perduta in California

45 months ago

Starfox in Vallejo, California said: So I just applied online through Virgin America's website for the Team member position at SFO. How long does it normally take before they contact you about these group interviews? I'm hoping they're still in the hiring process.

it took 3 weeks for me!

perduta in California

45 months ago

Anybody in the SD position, have you notice that the job is no longer posted?

Starfox in Vallejo, California

45 months ago

@perduta

Alright, that's reassuring! Now I'm just hoping that the position(s) is still up for grab. The website says their still hiring for team members for the SFO spot, but judging from the past posts in this thread, it seems as if they're already doing the training process. Hopefully I get a call back.

PrivateFlyer in Wheeling, Illinois

45 months ago

I applied over a month ago for ORD... I got a call/phone interview and a ftf interview within 2 weeks... They told me that they would contact me within a few days... I have heard nothing and it's been over 3 weeks since my ftf... The job post has been removed in the past few days... At this point, I'm thinking, no news is good news??? ...Wouldn't I have gotten a "thanks but no thanks" letter/email??? ...or wouldn't they start the backround check as they have done with others??? This silence is killing me!!! I really was hoping to get in the next training class... I will wait patiently for that magically call I guess... =)

45 months ago

You may want to ask some old employers if they were called. They may be completing your background check and you don't know?! After that it is the drug test.,, if really Anxious maybe you should drop a quick email to them to check in?

berto415 in San Francisco, California

45 months ago

Hey guys!
I applied to VA on Sunday for GST at SFO. I received the assessment right after applying. Is that a good sign? I have a friend that works for VA and said she hadn't received the link for assessment until few weeks later after applying. Anybody know about the process?

Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

blake said: VirginLA- how long did it take from when you took your drug test to the job offEr? Thanks :)

Hi Blake--- Have you heard anything regarding Vegas position?
Im still waiting and wanted to know if you ( or anyone else in Vegas) has heard anything yet??

perduta in California

45 months ago

I spoke with Virgin, and they said that they will work on the july class soon, and that all the people that have done drug and background test will know either way, but if they will be hired will be given at least a 2 weeks notice, hope this helps.

jetset in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

PrivateFlyer in Wheeling, Illinois said: I applied over a month ago for ORD... I got a call/phone interview and a ftf interview within 2 weeks... They told me that they would contact me within a few days... I have heard nothing and it's been over 3 weeks since my ftf... The job post has been removed in the past few days... At this point, I'm thinking, no news is good news??? ...Wouldn't I have gotten a "thanks but no thanks" letter/email??? ...or wouldn't they start the backround check as they have done with others??? This silence is killing me!!! I really was hoping to get in the next training class... I will wait patiently for that magically call I guess... =)

Hi PrivateFlyer, have you heard anything? The ORD posting is still there, I am really curious how the hiring is going in Chicago...

VX in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

Hello jetset and privateflyer. I currently work for vx (virgin america's airline code) here in Chicago. It has been a hectic few weeks with launch last week and everything leading up to launch. I too was one of those anxiously waiting after my interview a few months ago. All I can say is hang in there. I know they are still looking for new hires. If you were not being considered you would have already received a thanks but no thanks email. Anyways hang in there. Hopefully good things will come.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JetSetter in Oakland, California

45 months ago

Hi all! I interviewed for the SFO position and completed the drug test last week. Does anyone know how long it usually takes before they let us know? Also, of the people they drug test/run background checks, how many do they finally offer jobs? I'm really eager to start working for Virgin! Good luck to anyone else out there in the waiting game :)

Italian42 in San Diego, California

45 months ago

Here's been my experience with VA: I applied online and got a call a couple days later to set up the interview and complete an online assessment. I had the group interview and then a week later I got a call to do the drug test. A week after that I got a call with the offer. They had a may training, they are doing a June training, as well as a July training so if you haven't heard anything I am sure you will get a call for July training. They fly you out there and put you up in your own room. Training is really intense. Be on time and pay attention in class. Its a great company and I know the wait is painful but it's so worth it! Good luck to all!! :)

45 months ago

Italian42 in San Diego, California said: Here's been my experience with VA: I applied online and got a call a couple days later to set up the interview and complete an online assessment. I had the group interview and then a week later I got a call to do the drug test. A week after that I got a call with the offer. They had a may training, they are doing a June training, as well as a July training so if you haven't heard anything I am sure you will get a call for July training. They fly you out there and put you up in your own room. Training is really intense. Be on time and pay attention in class. Its a great company and I know the wait is painful but it's so worth it! Good luck to all!! :)

What is training like? Do they put you with a roomste or can you be alone? Or do they just give you a per diem and you fend for yourself?

45 months ago

Anyone in Vegas get a job offer???

Italian42 in San Diego, California

45 months ago

vegasgirl in Las Vegas, Nevada said: What is training like? Do they put you with a roomste or can you be alone? Or do they just give you a per diem and you fend for yourself?

You get your own hotel room. And they give you a per diem for meals.

JetSetter in Oakley, California

45 months ago

I just got my background check back... waiting for that golden call! Anyone received job offers for SFO position yet? I interviewed about 3 weeks ago.

Cj in Las Vegas, Nevada

45 months ago

vegasgirl in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Anyone in Vegas get a job offer???

I was in that same interview and they said they are still doing my background check. Have you heard anything yet?

debbie in San Francisco, California

45 months ago

JetSetter in Oakley, California said: I just got my background check back... waiting for that golden call! Anyone received job offers for SFO position yet? I interviewed about 3 weeks ago.

I interviewed last week and passed all checks. Its now Fri June 11th have you received the call. Keep me posted

45 months ago

debbie in San Francisco, California said: I interviewed last week and passed all checks. Its now Fri June 11th have you received the call. Keep me posted

Still haven't heard anything :(. Background Check and Drug Test all checked out. They said they'd let us know either way so I guess no news is good news! Keep me posted on your status as well!

45 months ago

JetSetter in Oakland, California said: Still haven't heard anything :(. Background Check and Drug Test all checked out. They said they'd let us know either way so I guess no news is good news! Keep me posted on your status as well!

when did you finish your drug and background check come to you into the mail? I think if we don't hear something by next week maybe a phone call to VX??? what are your thoughts!!

45 months ago

Yipeeee!!! Just got the call from Virgin.. I got the offer today! They said it is for the July 11 training and I will get all the info a week or so before training. They take care of all hotel and flights and give you a per diem for food. Im beyond excited... long wait was worth it!! Good luck to all!! :)

45 months ago

Cj in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I was in that same interview and they said they are still doing my background check. Have you heard anything yet?

Just got offered the job for Vegas today!! So happy!!! :) Have you heard anything yet? Hope you get it too!!

45 months ago

vegasgirl in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Just got offered the job for Vegas today!! So happy!!! :) Have you heard anything yet? Hope you get it too!!

did VX call you this late on Friday? I
am waiting for SFO GST training hopefully in July 11th...keep your fingers crossed

45 months ago

debbie in San Francisco, California said: when did you finish your drug and background check come to you into the mail? I think if we don't hear something by next week maybe a phone call to VX??? what are your thoughts!!

I got my background check last week and my drug test this week. Agreed on the giving VX a call next week!

@vegasgirl - How long was it between your interview and your job offer? Congrats!

45 months ago

JetSetter in Oakland, California said: I got my background check last week and my drug test this week. Agreed on the giving VX a call next week!

@vegasgirl - How long was it between your interview and your job offer? Congrats!

jesetter - I take it you are applying for the SFO position? Do you work or have you ever worked for an airline before? Keep me posted when you receive the phone call I am hoping on Mon/Tues....lets only hope and keep the positive energy for the position

45 months ago

I guess total about 5 wks

45 months ago

yes called me late fri-

45 months ago

what are the flight benefits? who gets flight benefits in your family? what about friends.. buddy passes??

45 months ago

VirginLA in Manhattan Beach, California said: Hi everyone,

I applied for the LAX position and will be going to training in June. Looking forward to seeing some of you there! Does anyone know if the training is divided by station or is it all stations mixed together?

how is training??

45 months ago

jetsetter in Oakland, CA

Have you received a phone call?

45 months ago

No :( Have you?

Shelton in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

45 months ago

Hey I applied for dfw awhile back and haven't heard ANYTHING. So does virgin have a number that I can call?

Please HELP

SkyistheLimit in dallas, Texas

45 months ago

Shelton in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Hey I applied for dfw awhile back and haven't heard ANYTHING. So does virgin have a number that I can call?

Please HELP

I applied to dfw a month ago and still havent heard anything...and there arent any numbers to call to speak with the recruiters. but if you heard back make sure u let us all know

SuperFA in Rockford, Illinois

45 months ago

VX in Chicago, Illinois said: Hello jetset and privateflyer. I currently work for vx (virgin america's airline code) here in Chicago. It has been a hectic few weeks with launch last week and everything leading up to launch. I too was one of those anxiously waiting after my interview a few months ago. All I can say is hang in there. I know they are still looking for new hires. If you were not being considered you would have already received a thanks but no thanks email. Anyways hang in there. Hopefully good things will come.

aka: "PrivateFlyer" ~ I finally received an email last week that they are doing the background check and drug test... I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, so with that said, I was offered a position with another company... I'm kind of sadden as I have only heard wonderful things about Virgin and I was truly looking forward to joining the team... but it took them almost 2 months to contact me...(a little to long)... I was fortunate enough to have another offer that is truly better for my career goals... (otherwise, I would jump ship for Virgin)... However, my point here is for those who are waiting, it seems that if you do not get the "thanks but no thanks" email, wait patiently and they will contact you for the background, drug test and offer letter for training... Good luck to all!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

got it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

debbie in San Francisco, California said: jetsetter in Oakland, CA

Have you received a phone call?

@debbie did you get the golden call today?

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.