Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 998)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

JetSetter in Oakland, California

41 months ago

debbie in San Francisco, California said: jetsetter in Oakland, CA

Have you received a phone call?

@debbie did you get the golden call today?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

debbie in San Francisco, California

41 months ago

jetsetter in Oakland, CA YES YES ! I got home last nite and there was the msg. Just called back and now waiting for the job offer link nothing on my computer yet. Did you get the link? Keep me posted and I am looking forward to meeting you 7/11

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JetSetter in Oakland, California

41 months ago

debbie in San Francisco, California said: jetsetter in Oakland, CA YES YES ! I got home last nite and there was the msg. Just called back and now waiting for the job offer link nothing on my computer yet. Did you get the link? Keep me posted and I am looking forward to meeting you 7/11

YES! They called me yesterday afternoon and I got the email from them later that day. See you July 11th!

vegasgirl in Las Vegas, Nevada

41 months ago

VX in Chicago, Illinois said: Hello jetset and privateflyer. I currently work for vx (virgin america's airline code) here in Chicago. It has been a hectic few weeks with launch last week and everything leading up to launch. I too was one of those anxiously waiting after my interview a few months ago. All I can say is hang in there. I know they are still looking for new hires. If you were not being considered you would have already received a thanks but no thanks email. Anyways hang in there. Hopefully good things will come.

Just wondering what to expect for training-- since you have been through it maybe you could give us a heads up?? :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vegas Hopefull in Las Vegas, Nevada

39 months ago

Just applied last night for the LAS airport team member position...waiting patiently lol....soooooooo excited...i really want to work with VA

Vegas.One in Las Vegas, Nevada

39 months ago

vegasgirl in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Just wondering what to expect for training-- since you have been through it maybe you could give us a heads up?? :)

hey vegas girl...i just applied for the new vegas position that opened up....any tips for interviewing??? how did training go??

lbsurf in Freeport, New York

39 months ago

Applied for airport team member JFK a few days ago, does anyone know if the training is at JFK or is it in San Fran.

39 months ago

Training in san fran 3 wks

OpsTempo in Fresno, California

39 months ago

I was interviewed for a corporate position last month, and I'm trying to learn (or "figure out" if you will) how VX conducts its hiring/recruiting for new employees.

I'm assuming that most candidates are handled the same from what I've read in this thread, so how long does it takes them to complete their hiring process?

It's awesome that I was even considered qualified enough to be interviewed, so perhaps not hearing anything back after 4 weeks is a good thing....

Thanks for the help!

Stacey in Stratford, Connecticut

39 months ago

Hello, Does anyone know the pay for CSR in JFK?

Livi in Howard Beach, New York

39 months ago

Starting pay is $12/hr

VXinFL in FL, Florida

39 months ago

Once you get hired you will be sent to San Francisco for 3 weeks- they pay for hotel and give you a little $ for food etc.. You will be in class all day and tested- you must pass tests or you are sent home. It is extremely intense. Once you head back to your stations you start work. Salaries range but are usually between $11-12 /hr.

VXinFL in FL, Florida

39 months ago

OpsTempo in Fresno, California said: I was interviewed for a corporate position last month, and I'm trying to learn (or "figure out" if you will) how VX conducts its hiring/recruiting for new employees.

I'm assuming that most candidates are handled the same from what I've read in this thread, so how long does it takes them to complete their hiring process?

It's awesome that I was even considered qualified enough to be interviewed, so perhaps not hearing anything back after 4 weeks is a good thing....

Thanks for the help!

Virgin hires approx 1-2 people out of 100 applicants

JET-nyc in Manhattan

39 months ago

OpsTempo in Fresno, California said: I was interviewed for a corporate position last month, and I'm trying to learn (or "figure out" if you will) how VX conducts its hiring/recruiting for new employees.

Thanks for the help!

@ OpsTempo: Its takes for ever to get ansers or info and any kind of respnses from airlines, HRs are bckd up. It may be weeks or months.

virgin rocks in West Palm Beach, Florida

38 months ago

How long after applying and taking an assessment does it take to hear something back for the fll virgin team member position?

38 months ago

Is there a training coming up for the fll team memeber base?How many are usually in each training class?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

38 months ago

I applied agn took the new assessment, as far as I think it has gotten very personal in regarding pples high school scores. I wonder
who thought of an assessment like tht..

38 months ago

Could anyone tell me if I am still being considered for a position that is now closed on the website and when I check the status of my application it is no longer there...Does that mean I didnt pass the assessment?Or does it mean I am being considered for the position?HELP anyone Please:)

38 months ago

Could anyone tell me if I am still being considered for a position that is now closed on the website and when I check the status of my application it is no longer there...Does that mean I didnt pass the assessment?Or does it mean I am being considered for the position?HELP anyone Please:)The postion I applied for was customer service in the airport

JET-nyc in Manhattan

38 months ago

HELLO:
Anyone hear from HR lately regarding Team Member positions?

dfwsky1 in Irving, Texas

37 months ago

got contacted about 3 wks ago for the DFW team member position but i had applied for the inflight team member position! but hey! ill take either rightnow lol! i too was just like u guys combing this forum tryna figure out how everything works...now that i think about it! i did apply for the dfw team member position and they called me 2 days after doing the assessement! guys and gals.....ITS THE ASSESSEMENT test that u have to do good on to warrant a call for Virgin! i interview NOV.1st super excited about it! training is 3wks in SFO from what ive been told by recruiters! interview is a group interview

Shelton in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

37 months ago

Does anybody know what they teach in training? Like maybe airport codes, sabre system, ect.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

37 months ago

Shelton in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Does anybody know what they teach in training? Like maybe airport codes, sabre system, ect.

Thrs a lot to learn comptr ops, codes, ticketing, rules, regs etc.

dfwsky1 in Irving, Texas

37 months ago

the group interview is really fun! they do a few ice breakers and then tell u a little about the company and THEN they bring u in 5ppl at a time and interview u together with others and pretty much make u battle it out for the position! theres alot of really good candidates but theres gotta b something about u that makes u stand out in order to recieve the invitation to training

perduta in California

36 months ago

well, i am leaving for the training in few days for the 11/28 class, any info on what should i expect, what they offer other than hotel and some $ for food? like how do i get from hotel to training, or if there is anything i should bring with me.
any info appreciated

SoSO in San Diego, California

36 months ago

Training is about three weeks. They put you up at hotel that is in walking distance of headquarters. They give a per-diem for food that is about $20-30 a day. They usually put you in the Embassy Suites which has free breakfast and they have a fridge and microwave so you can take the trolley to a grocery store and stock up on food, if you'd like. The first two days of training is called "Red Carpet" and it is orientation to the company and is pretty fun. Training starts day 3 and it is a lot of information. Make sure you study because you need to pass the test. The company just switched reservation systems so it's a little hectic around here but you should be fine. Good luck with everything, it's a great place to work!

36 months ago

They will prob give you lunch a couple of days - other than that you buy your own lunch and dinner. You walk to training and home everyday so bring walking shoes. Walk is about 1.5 miles. You may want to bring yourself snack stuff for your room. Internet is free at hotel - so bring your computer. Bring index cards to make flashcards :) Good luck !

perduta in California

36 months ago

Thank you every body I appreciate the information :)

I also would like to know what is the dressing code during training?
And does training go on even on Saturdays and Sundays? I already know that i will not be able to fly back home during the 3 weeks and i am cool with that, just trying to see if i have some days off.
How long is training each day, and how is pay calculated during training, is it by the hour, or by day?
And this may sound strange, but as far as laundry goes, should I come with quarters and ready to search for a Laundromat, or the hotel has laundry services on the premises?

I am planning to bring notepads and flash cards, ready to study :D

Thank you thank you thank you :)

Looking forward to work with such great and kind team such as you :)

I am so excited I can hardly wait to start with this great company

dfwsky1 in Irving, Texas

36 months ago

anybody from dallas going to the 11/28 training besides me????

xlilrowx in San Leandro, California

35 months ago

Hi everyone,
I applied for the Airport Team Member for almost a week already. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back from them..?

Waiting patiently in San Jose, California

35 months ago

Hi xlilrowx,

I applied on a Monday, get the online assessment right away. I received a call on Tuesday and had a phone interview, and then was invited to group interview for the following week.

From talking to other people at the group interview, it seems some have been applying for years and just got the call, some had applied a few months ago, and a few of us had just applied.

So it is hard to tell how long you might have to wait. They are hiring, so maybe it will be sooner than later.

Good Luck!!

Lady Isyss in Elk Grove, California

35 months ago

Hey all,

I applied friday and took my test saturday for the virgin america in SF.So i am just hoping that I did well and they will call soon =)

Tyandy in Jacksonville, Florida

35 months ago

Would anyone in Chicago be willing to emai me??? I have soooo many quest.ions!!! Tyanderson0531@gmail.com

Tyandy in Jacksonville, Florida

35 months ago

Does anyone know what the hiring process is like for a supervisor?

sayed786 in West Sacramento, California

35 months ago

Hey, Guys

i was at the Dec, 7th group interview in SF..got a call frm carmela for a backgrpund and drug test..Completed my drug teat 1 week ago..but hasnt heard anything frm virgin yet..today i recieved my backgroumd verification forms in mail nit still np call frm virgin..has any1 heard back anything :-(

Stephen83 in Kissimmee, Florida

34 months ago

Anyone that works in Orlando,FL or Fort Lauderadle,FL for Virgin able to email me @ orlandosav@live.com ...... I am wondering about the hiring outlook and any other tips... Thnks !! :)

apple girl in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

hi, I recieved a call today for an interview in Philadelphia for the team member position. could someone help me to understand the position.

you have to go away for training?
are the schedules school friendly?
to my understanding the schedule is señorita based?

I'm trying to weigh my options. I'm a former FA and currently in school, so I'm not to big on the training in SF. beautiful city, but I don't have the time.

34 months ago

seniority, not señorita :/

34 months ago

Dont go for it then - must spend 3 weeks in san Fran .. This is non negotiable and non flexible

34 months ago

thanks a lot

JacksonLA in Van Nuys, California

34 months ago

blake in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hey guys,

Just received an email from Francesca wanting to verify my education. SO they are doing my background check so hopefully next is my drug test and then the job offer!! woo hoo.

Hi Blake,
How did they verify your education? Just asking you questions about it? Wanting a copy of your diploma? Etc? Just curious so I can be prepared.

Jackson

34 months ago

Hi all,

I applied yesterday for the Airport Team Member position at LAX and was immediately sent a link for the assessment test. Is this immediately sent to everyone?

Jackson

34 months ago

Yes .,. You must pass the assessment to even be considered

katrinza in Cypress, California

34 months ago

Hey guys! I have my group interview on monday and I was wondering if anyone could help me prepare for it. Like what kind of questions do they ask? I'm so nervous but really excited! Thank you!

33 months ago

Hey Guys and Gals,

So I applied last week, took the assessment test immediately after. Six days later, I now see that the listing is no longer in "Jobs I have applied to."

I just had a friend from VA put in a referral for me at the beginning of the week so hopefully that is a good sign. (Fingers crossed.)

Anyone else have their "Jobs applied to" listing disappear??

Thanks!
Jackson

sayed in Irvine, California

33 months ago

Hey peeps..wondering who will be in the upcoming training on March 12

sepialy in Orlando, Florida

33 months ago

Stephen83 in Kissimmee, Florida said: Anyone that works in Orlando,FL or Fort Lauderadle,FL for Virgin able to email me @ orlandosav@live.com ...... I am wondering about the hiring outlook and any other tips... Thnks !! :)

Stephen, let me know if you hear anything about Orlando :) Thanks !

sepialy@gmail.com

waitinganxiously in Jamaica, NYC in Jamaica, New York

33 months ago

Hello everyone, is there anyone here who attended the group interview at Wed, Feb 15 at the JFK Sheraton?

waitinganxiously in Jamaica, NYC in Jamaica, New York

33 months ago

katrinza in Cypress, California said: Hey guys! I have my group interview on monday and I was wondering if anyone could help me prepare for it. Like what kind of questions do they ask? I'm so nervous but really excited! Thank you!

Hi Katrinza - I just joined this forum. Did you have your group interview yet? I wished I would have joined before I went on my interview - I would have been much better prepared for the questions. I really don't think I did a good job in answering the questions.

mel

33 months ago

Applied for airport vegas job.. cant wait so anxiously waiting to see if i hear back!!!!

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.