VMware Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at VMware?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Ioana in Sunnyvale, California

88 months ago

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at VMware?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (160) / No (57) Reply - Report abuse

Anon E. Muss in Oakland, California

83 months ago

Ioana in Sunnyvale, California said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at VMware?

I haven't gone in for a live interview. However, I HAVE been contacted for a phone interview. I got grilled big time on networks and operating systems and didn't survive. If I did pass the phone interview, I would know those 2 areas extremely well before going in for a live interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Vickie in Sunnyvale, California

83 months ago

Anon E. Muss in Oakland, California said: I haven't gone in for a live interview. However, I HAVE been contacted for a phone interview. I got grilled big time on networks and operating systems and didn't survive. If I did pass the phone interview, I would know those 2 areas extremely well before going in for a live interview.

Hi Anon - Thanks for your comment but can you kindly be more specific on what their interview questions are? Thanks again. - Vickie G.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Itas in Georgia

74 months ago

Difference between TCP and UDP
Default folder for scripts in Linux
Commands in Win and Linux for system configuration, nework configurations, routing tables, ip configurations, access registry in Win etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

mightyb28 in Denver, Colorado

56 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at VMware?

I just interviewed for a GSS position and was also offered a NOC position with VMWare and what i can tell you is that you better know your Window's Server OS's and Linux. Linux is huge at VMWare as it's the core of VMs OS. You will get all the general OS questions and how to resolve issues with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.