Volt/ Horrible experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

Tasha11 in Allyn, Washington

89 months ago

Unless you really want to be demeaned, do NOT bother with their Bellevue, WA office. It was the WORST experience I have ever had with ANY temp agency. Treated me as if I was brain dead & I have a BA degree plus decades of work experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pattern Bob in Glendale, Arizona

86 months ago

Similar experience. I got contacted by a representative who was just throwing people at positions, any person at any position, wanting to send me all over the eastside pissing away a half day's wage a throw for pointless interviews. I got phone updates from her about my "status" with companies we had never even discussed, and she couldn't keep clear what I said about my qualifications versus what the client wanted for the position. She just globbed them together in her mind so it was a perfect fit. Sort of reminded me of a very early experience I had years back with Career Clinic when they collected their fees from candidates - not the fee structure but having to deal with generic sales hustlers who were just trying to throw deals together to get their cut, with virtually zero knowledge of the product or market and a slippery sense of truthfulness. These guys are bad, bad news. Don't waste a minute with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Woodinville, Washington

86 months ago

Hello Bob,

I am very concerned with this feedback and would truly appreciate a phone call or email with more information. We have hundreds of satisfied candidates that we place in great positions every year.

I don't want even one person to have a less than positive experience. I'm sure you can understand my need to find out the individual with whom you had this experience and would be grateful for more information. Please contact me at 425-451-9776 or smstanton@volt.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Naked Job Seeker in Mission Viejo, California

86 months ago

I am currently working with 2 temp agencies; 1)Volt and 2)Apple One. Volt has not been a good experience at all. There is no follow up ever. I have come by their office on a couple of personal visits to say hello and show interest, I have emailed with no replies and have sent a couple of lovely (specially selected) greeting cards and not a single agent has ever replied. My work experience is solid, but even if it was only marginal these agents should follow up at least once (not counting the auto-template "thank you" email)...if they are too busy then Volt needs to hire some extra help. I am spending my time with Apple One - what a GREAT group in The City of Orange! Laguna Hills and Tustin Apples respond to my messages as well. Between my efforts and Apple One, I'm certain I will have the perfect job soon. ~South OC, California

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

I also once approached to volt /mission viejo .the people there were very nice ,but after a week I have not received any feed back ,despite ,the interviewer told me I have a reply within 48 hrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Just Curious in Bothell, Washington

86 months ago

Susan in Woodinville, Washington said: Hello Bob,

I am very concerned with this feedback and would truly appreciate a phone call or email with more information. We have hundreds of satisfied candidates that we place in great positions every year.

I don't want even one person to have a less than positive experience. I'm sure you can understand my need to find out the individual with whom you had this experience and would be grateful for more information. Please contact me at 425-451-9776 or smstanton@volt.com.

This is an open forum. Are you "truly" concerned that others had a negative experience OR are you trying to protect your own butt? I worked for a competitor and it seems that all agencies are the same. Sales are everything. If it gets out that your agency isn't helpful, there goes your numbers....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl Williamson in Cleveland, Ohio

86 months ago

Tasha11 in Allyn, Washington said: Unless you really want to be demeaned, do NOT bother with their Bellevue, WA office. It was the WORST experience I have ever had with ANY temp agency. Treated me as if I was brain dead & I have a BA degree plus decades of work experience.

I also had a bad experiene with Volt at Lubrizol. They treated me like crap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cecor Staffing in Littleton, Colorado

86 months ago

Anyone have any experience with Cecor Staffing? They called me and want me to come into their office to interview. I asked them if the position is currently available as I know that some agencies post ads for "future" jobs. She stopped for a minute as if she wasn't sure how to respond then said, "Oh, we don't call candidates in unless they are "qualified." She STILL didn't answer if the job is REAL. I guess I'll find out. Will keep you posted.....!~

CYA in Littleton, Colorado

86 months ago

the agencies are just trying to protect their reputations and CYA, which are going down the drain every day..... as more and more people realize their "games" which had been hidden from the public for so long previously.... NOW IT'S OUT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Job Seeker in Denver, Colorado

86 months ago

I went there recently (Greenwood Village office) for an interview and found them to be very upfront. She said I have very good skills but more suited toward something other than what I applied for. Overall, positive experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nate in Orange, California

85 months ago

Job Seeker in Denver, Colorado said: I went there recently (Greenwood Village office) for an interview and found them to be very upfront. She said I have very good skills but more suited toward something other than what I applied for. Overall, positive experience.

Glad to hear you had a pleasant experience. I am the Account Manager at the Greenwood Village office and I am very concerned with the quality of experience we provide for our candidates. I was on the recruiting side of things for about a year and I know that we can't find jobs for every qualified candidate and sometimes it just comes down to timing. The one thing we can do is be respectful, honest, and as helpful as possible to those people that take the time to meet with us. I hope we find something for you but if not thanks for the good feedback and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymus in Nashua, New Hampshire

85 months ago

Tasha11 in Allyn, Washington said: Unless you really want to be demeaned, do NOT bother with their Bellevue, WA office. It was the WORST experience I have ever had with ANY temp agency. Treated me as if I was brain dead & I have a BA degree plus decades of work experience.

Thanks for letting me know this company was a temp. agency I avoid them at all costs...Even to my own pocket book...As I got royally screwed by one of them....Was told by Dept. of Labor it was ok for them to be late on my check and when I tried to find out my legal rights I was told that I had a case for whistle blowers...I pursued silly me....As money talks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

How to in Nashua, New Hampshire

85 months ago

How do you exclude temp. agencies from these web sites when looking for a job? Is what Id like to know...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Emmerson in Salem, Oregon

85 months ago

How do you exclude temp. agencies from these web sites when looking for a job? Is what Id like to know...

Usually you have to set up some kind of profile, where you state your job-type preferences, locations, etc.

Normally there is a option for accepting full time/part time/contract/temp, you pick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SS in Frisco, Texas

84 months ago

All of the notes mentioned regarding Volt is what I experienced from the inside with Sterling Personnel in Dallas, TX. In 1 1/2 weeks while viewing a potential supposedly outside sales position they had me photocopy SS# and complete I-9's. I was eventually pointed out the fake SS card vs real difference... but they didn't care. It turned out, after filing to make myself useful, that they had an entire drawer of illegals and matching companies to place them. No way am I helping on that! They had me interview people who were worth placing and willing to work at the pay & jobs available. They didn't even given them the slightest review... just filed their paperwork. It was a complete waste of time for the hopeful and sometimes very, very in need of a job canidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L M in Bellevue, Washington

84 months ago

So far I am pleased with Volt. I was qualified for the job, and I got the contract - no problem. Nonethless, I am dealing with their Federal Way office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unfair in Elyria, Ohio

83 months ago

I went out to the Cleveland Ohio office after inquiring about a job posting on Monday only to be told on Tues that the client dropped them a week ago and the job was no longer available. Why was I not told this when I called I would not have drive 30 miles to the office had I been told this ahead of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marianne in Denver, Colorado

79 months ago

Unfair in Elyria, Ohio said: I went out to the Cleveland Ohio office after inquiring about a job posting on Monday only to be told on Tues that the client dropped them a week ago and the job was no longer available. Why was I not told this when I called I would not have drive 30 miles to the office had I been told this ahead of time.

They seem to be very disorganized and don't communicate with eachother very well in the Denver office! They called me and I told them it would be a waste of time to submit my resumes for certain positions and she said, "yes I agree." I said, "then why are you wasting my time and yours?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bethetta in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

I called Volt and inquired about a position. She asked what my background was and I said I was the assistant to the owner and VP of a large company. She said "What do you mean the "assistant?"

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they stupid?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rico kay in san francisco, California

75 months ago

Has anyone thought that a metropolitan city as popular as San Francisco Calif, you'd be more apt to receive exceptional service from a Volt agency??? NO! NO! NO! I have solid experience in sales, marketing, customer service and on a managerial/executive level as well... Craig who is the immediate manager shouldn't have made it to a manager/supervisory position at all if he can't learn to listen to its employees when their is a discrepancy that needs to be address. It is to their best interest to support both their clients and their employees, unfortunately, they don't walk that talk. If you reject an assignment that you are not comfortable with, they will used that against you and never search work for you. They will continue to waste your time and have you call them just to tell you nothing has come up, but when you go to craigslist, you find they post their opening positions there they you were asking for. I had a friend I referred over there and they told her they had many positions. Now, whether its just me or not, but I find they say anything - ANYTHING! to get you registered and if you don't fit the description they are looking for you are placed on a back burner. So, I say this, don't waste your time with them. If you want to waste your money traveling back n' forth to an assignment only to find out you had to pay for parking that they didn't tell you anything about, only to find out it wasn't feasible for you, and when you bring this up to them that it is not cost affective for the commute, they will use that against you and tell you that you are complaining much and make you feel guilty (which I wasn't at all felt that way), because they lost a client, and turn around and tell you they have to terminate your position. I don't understand the logic behind that. When an employer lets you know they have an open door policy....hmmmm. what do you think???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Littleton, Colorado

75 months ago

More than 15 years ago, I worked for an agency in Michigan. It was a temp assignment with no definite time frame. I worked with a gal who was also working there temp thru the same agency. Her boss told me he would "never" hire her on a permanent basis as she didn't "have the skills." I asked him "Why are you keeping her then? You should find someone you want and let her find something permanent elsewhere then, don't you think?" He didn't have an answer.

Regardless, I told her that her boss said that he'd never hire her (yes it was "confidential" but I felt I was doing her a favor). She approached her boss and stupidly told him I was the one who told her when he asked.

Regardless, they cancelled my temp assignment for telling her. I filed to collect unemployment and they tried to fight it saying they have a policy of not "gossiping" and that I did not contact them after the client let me go. The labor board said employees have a right to "free speech" and I did NOT have an obligation to try to get work from the same agency as "people do have pride." The labor board sided with ME and I won.

No, I wouldn't do the same thing again, but people think they can't file for unemployment if they're working for an agency. It's not true -- it's still working and agencies DO have to pay into unemployment insurance.

Throughout my working life, I've encountered so many people who think they can't file for unemployment benefits if they've only worked temp. As long as you've earned enough to qualify and are actively seeking (and can prove it and have documented it), you are entitled.

onefinwonder in Mukilteo, Washington

74 months ago

Wow, there seems to be a lot of angry people here. Really really angry people. Luckily for all, there are plenty of placement/temp agencies available for us to choose from. They all have different contracts with different companies. It's easy to move around until you find one that works for you. Personally, I've been with Volt in Bellevue Washington for over a year now at 3 different assignments and am very happy with the service and attention I have received from the Volt employees I work with. I was placed within 3 weeks of my initial inquiry. I have had no lag between assignments. My questions are answered quickly and concisely. I actually consider 1 or 2 of my past Volt contacts as my friends. I don't know, everyone's experience is different. I recommend that you go out and test the waters before you decide the water's too cold.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Apply Today Start Never in San Clemente, California

73 months ago

applied at the volt in mission viejo over a month ago and after making several follow up phone calls i still haven't heard back from them. it kind of makes me wonder what they do with all the information they collect from applicants instead of finding them work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fred

20 months ago

Same for Denver area Tech Center office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Activision dude in Los Angeles, California

8 months ago

What a terrible experience working through volt as well. Got hired at activision in el segundo. Terrible service when emailing or calling them. Never got back to me when they said they would. Constant problems with their payroll and clocking website. Careless responses. Just don't work through them.

informed employee in Sanford, North Carolina

6 months ago

This is just a FYI for everyone. These types of companies use employees to bypass unemployment process. You will work for them, and when your time is done or you wish to nolonger work for them, or the company you are working at noonger wants you there, they show you the door (firing you). BUT, you work for volt, and volt will not find another assignment for you. In turn, you cannot get unemployment because you "have" a job, but you are not working. My advice stay clear of ALL staffing firms. They are a joke, and they underpay you what you are worth, and throw you into positions you are either overqualified/underqualified for, and end up not having a job, and explaining why you worked for them for 6 months and need a new job like you are a job jumper. thanks, but no thank you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.