LEAD ASSOCIATE AT MEAT DEPT. WALMART SUPERCENTER

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

GRANDAMGT in STREETSBORO, Ohio

73 months ago

HI WAS CURIOUS AS TO WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS JOB AND WHAT ARE THE JOB DUTIES INVOLVED? I HAVE NEVER MANAGED A DEPT. BEFORE, SO I'M VERY CURIOUS. THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rkl in Puyallup, Washington

73 months ago

Hi, I am a lead associate for the meat/seafood dept. at my walmart. Basically you do the same thing as a dept manager except you don't have the dept manager status which means you are not considered a salaried supervisor. You will be responsible for everything that goes wrong though just as a dept manager is, ordering, inventory, keeping your people in line, etc., etc. How long have you worked for Walmart?

Hope that helps a bit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jim St in Illinois

63 months ago

rkl, Hello, Jim in Illinois here. I am considering applying for a position in our Wal-Mart Supercenter similar to the position you have. Our WM actually calls the position a Dept Manager, having dropped the "lead associate" title a bit ago. Anyway, would you have some insights into the job that may be of help to me? I currently work in our Lawn & Garden Dept as a Sales Associate, so I'm on the other side of the store, and in a different world from where the Meat Dept is. Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks...Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.