Can Pharmacy Technician's move up in rank?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Alex in Mcallen, Texas

38 months ago

I just applied today online and at the store. I am already licensed with the my state board, and have passed my ptcb examination and feel like I will easily get the job I have applied for. I was wondering if it is possible for me to move up after getting the job? I have some college experience and am only 18. I noted that I want to work full time. Help please!!

I have have prior work experience with my families business accounting, supervising, and handling large sums of money, but I don't really see how a worker in the pharmacy would be moved up to management...?
Thank you all for the help!
I don't also know what to expect for the pay when they ask how much I am willing to earn?
Thank you all for the help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sean in Griffith, Indiana

33 months ago

Alex in Mcallen, Texas said: I just applied today online and at the store. I am already licensed with the my state board, and have passed my ptcb examination and feel like I will easily get the job I have applied for. I was wondering if it is possible for me to move up after getting the job? I have some college experience and am only 18. I noted that I want to work full time. Help please!!

I have have prior work experience with my families business accounting, supervising, and handling large sums of money, but I don't really see how a worker in the pharmacy would be moved up to management...?
Thank you all for the help!
I don't also know what to expect for the pay when they ask how much I am willing to earn?
Thank you all for the help!!

Being certified, you'll start out at $11 an hour.
If you wish to move up in the ranks I hope you're prepared to brown nose your way up because in Walgreens it's not What you know it's Who you know. So if you manage to impress one of their incompetent,untalented, incapable, "Yes Man" store managers, then you will go Quite far in Walgreens.

I was a tech there for three years and tried to move up the ranks. They are more concerned with selling their precious W-Card's and products more than they are focusing on patient's health.

When you try to explain how this isn't benefiting anyone, you are told, as my District Manager Steve Gagne said: "Just do it!" and walks away not even caring about what you had said to him.

Walgreens isn't worth your time, especially for the skill you claim to have. Go some place else!

Besides, with their loss of contract with the company Express Scripts, they are losing much of their pharmacy business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.