How to get a job at Walgreens.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 263)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Shaniqua Ray in Fresno, California

96 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Walgreens? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

yes what are the procedures of getting hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

scandi2005@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois

96 months ago

How long does it take to get called in for an interview for a store that is not yet open? Or how close to grand opening date does Walgreens start hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

christina powell in Oak Harbor, Washington

96 months ago

I have been trying to apply for a postion for the new store in Oak Harbor, Wa on line and it keeps just exit me out. Have tried on three different days. Please help out are give me another location that i can go to?
Thank you
Chrisy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

L in Chicago, Illinois

96 months ago

I am seeking a position in their corporate office. What is the protocol there? How long does it take for them to respond when you submit your resume on their website? Will they notify you if you are not offered the position? I know that I am more than qualified for the position, so does my resume end up in a black hole on the internet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cris in Columbia, South Carolina

95 months ago

PR IN MO in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I HAD AN AUTO ACCIDENT AND THEN SURGERY I WAS SCHD TO WORK THE NEXT DAY AFTER THE BREAST SURG.I CALLED IN AND TOLD THEM I HATED TO QUIT BUT COULD NOT WORK FOR AWILE. SINCE I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO GIVE TWO WKS NOTICE THEY TOLD ME I COULD NEVER WORK FOR ANY WALGREENS AGAIN. THIS ISN'T RIGHT. I LOVED MY JOB AND WORKED HARD FOR THEM. I HAD MY CAR TOTALED AFTER ALL THIS. I AM DOING BETTER AND HAVE A CAR. I WENT TO 2 WALGREENS IN THE AREA TO SEE IF I COULD GET HIRED AND THEY SAID NO. I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

They can't legally do that. If you have a doctor's note, which i'm sure you did or could get, then you can take temp. leave because of medical ...they cannot fire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Atlanta, Georgia

95 months ago

I am starting in a few days as a Manager in Training. I did the first interview and then the second interview with the DM. We hit it off really good, he kept telling me that it is a real assett to have 4 yrs management exp., and also have just graduated college with a BA in 2004, that is even better! What I am getting at is... Does having a Bachelors degree and experience to boot, help my chances of moving up quit in this company, and them putting alot og stock in me?? I am also 27, how will the age factor play in as well (being young and all).. ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

I am starting in a few days as a Manager in Training. I did the first interview and then the second interview with the DM. We hit it off really good, he kept telling me that it is a real assett to have 4 yrs management exp., and also have just graduated college with a BA in 2004, that is even better! What I am getting at is... Does having a Bachelors degree and experience to boot, help my chances of moving up quit in this company, and them putting alot og stock in me?? I am also 27, how will the age factor play in as well (being young and all).. ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Bruce in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am starting in a few days as a Manager in Training. I did the first interview and then the second interview with the DM. We hit it off really good, he kept telling me that it is a real assett to have 4 yrs management exp., and also have just graduated college with a BA in 2004, that is even better! What I am getting at is... Does having a Bachelors degree and experience to boot, help my chances of moving up quit in this company, and them putting alot og stock in me?? I am also 27, how will the age factor play in as well (being young and all).. ????

My spelling in the last post was horrible, but I am sure you get the idea!! Hit me back ASAP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DENISE WILKINS in Victorville, California

95 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Walgreens? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

NO.LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH THE COMPANY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

hmm yaa in Sac-town, California

95 months ago

I know that Walgreens drug tests when you get hired, but do they do random drug tests or is it a one time deal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John

95 months ago

Its a one time deal......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Walgreen's MGT

95 months ago

DRUG TESTS - If you are acting erratically, the store manager can and will ask you to take another drug test and if you fail at that time, you can be terminated. Normally when this occurs, the manager will tell you to go to the drug testing center immediately.

MGT Training - Just because you have a college degree doesn't mean you are cut out to be a manager. You will be judged on all aspects of running a retail store. You will be judged on how you count money and balance the safe; how you maintain your department and stockroom bays and how you work with your peers and subordinates.

There are some managers who have big egos. Those are the ones that do not climb the ladder as fast as those who work hard and contribute to the team.

My advice is NOT to show off or to look down on the service clerks. Not only will this not motivate your workers but you will alienate your works and that will reflect on how your store looks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

MGT at Wlagreens in Cincinnati, Ohio

94 months ago

Windlins in Cape Coral, Florida said: Hi, Sorry to hear about that. I am currently working in Walgreens as an Business Management Intern. I think Walgreens is a Equal Opportunity Employer. They respect their employees and everyone who works in Walgreens. My mentor (Store manager) is always accomidate employees needs. If there's an employee like you, he would tell you go ahead to take the days off and you can always come back after you recover from injuries. Also, he would ask you how you feel.....etc.

The store manager did that do you is absolutely not right. He/She violates Walgreens Policy and let Walgreens exposes to Legal concerns. He/She will be fired if you report this inccident to the upper management. Also, Walgreens has open door policy, you can always reach to anyone in the Top management level.

I hope this will help you.

You are an intern. Yo both have different set of rules. Managers tend to treat the interns differently. They know that you might likely be their boss tommorrow. They a'int stupid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Roxie Smith in Missouri

94 months ago

How do they drug test? Urine?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Loves Not Cheap in Glenside, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

Blood test for the drug test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

leewmson in Lufkin, Texas

93 months ago

the way i got a job with walgreens was by contacting a pharmacy manager at any store or the store manager and asking to speak to either the district technician trainer or the district manager. after talking on the phone with them, i set up an interview and met them face to face. play on what skills you have. i had been the lead tech and pharmacy developement trainer at the eckerds in town for 3 years. i moved to another pharmacy and became the head tech w/in a few months. they are looking for people with leadership skills. they also want to know that you are going to either take the national pharmacy certification in the year you are working or like in texas we have programs thru the community college that trains the students and gets them ready for retail or hospital pharmacy's and preps them for the exam. as long as you have a good employment record, there shouldn't be any problems. but when you call the district manager, you need to let them know, you are willing to work any hours or at any location that is hiring. my dm let me know that she prefers to talk to people to get them going in the right direction. i didn't put in an application until i had talked to or met with the district trainer tho. it helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

leewmson in Lufkin, Texas

93 months ago

John said: Its a one time deal......

they do random testing in texas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

irritated guy in somewhere

93 months ago

Don't apply to walgreens unless you are desperate for a job. I was working for a company that walgreens had bought out(mom and pop Pharmacy) I had been working for that company for 5 years, the first 2 years I was stock and cashier and for 3 years as a pharmacy tech and was making $13.00 an hour. We were told that we would be treated as if we'd been working for walgreens for the same amount of time.

When I went to the walgreens I was told to go to I was treated very rudely by the Manager. I had to call the contact person I had talked to before. The manager started me out at 8.60 an hour. It took me over 5 months to get them to bump it up to 10.75.
When that happened the manager was told by the DM its a take it or leave it offer.(thats what the manager said)about a year later I then decided to stop working in the pharmacy and got shafted again. The only hours they would give me were 2pm to 1030pm and it was only 4 days a week. If you add those hours up I get 32 hours a week at 10.75 hr. Which is basicly 8.60hr 40hr a week pay. I make $700.00 less each month now, but I still have to same bills I had before.

Everyone is majorly overworked and thier fair scheduling is a joke. I was told by a manager that it applys only to the people that work during the day. Well in the passed 3 months I've never worked a day shift. Now how is that fair.

Everyone else is getting thier hours changes or being forced to work nights when they can't for personal reason.(not sure what they are)

As it is right now I can't pay bills working for walgreens, but I can't quit because its my only income.

Been looking for another job since I started, but nothing has come my way. So I have to bite my lip every single day I work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bbbbnnnn in Alaska

93 months ago

Idatude Merdelus in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I find a job at walgreens

Have you already find a job at walgreens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

robi in Illinois

93 months ago

I was wondering. If you are a new MGT and walgreens moves you around from store to store a lot, is that good or bad or.....? I was told that they have an excess of MGTs right now and that that happens periodically. I was told that I would float for a while.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Walgreen's MGT

93 months ago

Robi -

Because Walgreens only has a limited amount of training stores in a district, you may be moved around to experience working with different types of managers. In my case, I have worked with 15 different store managers all of whom have different ways of doing things.

Generally, you will be sent to a store for about 4-8 weeks for your initial training. You will then be sent to a different store within your district dependent upon their needs.

Right now, there is a need for Graveyard MGTs. If you can work graveyard shifts, you will work seven days and off seven days. During your off days, you may want to work as a fill in when other graveyard MGTs calls in sick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

robi in Ohio

92 months ago

Walgreen's MGT said: Robi -

Because Walgreens only has a limited amount of training stores in a district, you may be moved around to experience working with different types of managers. In my case, I have worked with 15 different store managers all of whom have different ways of doing things.

Generally, you will be sent to a store for about 4-8 weeks for your initial training. You will then be sent to a different store within your district dependent upon their needs.

Right now, there is a need for Graveyard MGTs. If you can work graveyard shifts, you will work seven days and off seven days. During your off days, you may want to work as a fill in when other graveyard MGTs calls in sick.

Well, I was sent back to the original store. I was uncomfortable about it because I didn't feel liked by the manager. She is new as a store manager and the store I was sent to was not necessarily a training store. I'm back there now, and I was written up yesterday for bad customer service. I feel pretty sick about it. In fact, I feel like I made a mistake by accepting the position in the first place. I imagine Walgreens is a great place for some. But, I'm not doing so well. I am ready to give up but don't have anywhere else to go right now. Feeling foolish just a little.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Walgreens21 in Easley, South Carolina

92 months ago

Most employers will not spend the money to send you for a drug test if they did not intend to hire you. Only if the test came back positive for drugs would a company not hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Walgreen's MGT

92 months ago

Robi, if you feel your write up is unfair, contact your District Manager. If the DM cannot resolve your issue, contact his/her manager.

I have had terrible managers. I asked to be transferred and they allowed me to go to another store.

I agree, we have some store managers who cannot train. I end up training all new MGTs. I try hard to balance the safe BUT I get no cooperation from the new MGT. What I dislike is that Walgreens promotes 21 year olds to MGT when they are not mature enough to handle service calls. Many of them go to the office and waste a lot of time goofing off.

But that is Walgreens and retailing in general.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

robi in Ohio

92 months ago

I thought about contesting the write up. I thought about requesting to be moved. But, I'm tired and if I have the same kind of a problem somewhere else it will look bad on me. The safe balances at my store, but the EXA doesn't ever count it in the morning. Actually there are only two of us who religiously count it. Me and the guy who originally trained me. The clerks tell me that the EXA never has anyone second count his drops in the evening. They say he doesn't handle calls for change or stuff until they call three or four times. He is back in the storeroom all night cleaning out bays. I brought to the attention of everyone there a check that was written for the wrong amount in the pharmacy a few weeks back and he adjusted the cash report for it and recorded the reason as my error. I wasn't even involved in the transaction. The customer had written a check for 69 bucks when the transaction was for 59. I seriously think we owe that customer money but no-one believed me. they just assumed I was mistaken.

in the safe things just get too wierd lately. I find tens inside a big stack of 20's. i come to work and find it missing 20 bucks and then it misterioulsy appears the next day. I came to work the other day and found 1 one dollar bill in the safe and just a few fives. He had put lots and lots of small change in all the cashiers drawers so they wouldn't bother him. We had a big dollar day that evening and I had to count thousands of dollars worth of 5's 10's and 1's. It was horrible. We close at 10 o'clock. they want me out of there by 10:30 and I cant' get out that early. Especially if I know I'm the only one counting or balancing anything that day. If by chance there is a problem with the cash, I am going to be blaimed because I seem to be the only one counting anything. They other day my store manager had a big note on the check list. Make sure all drawers are counted at least once. no-one had counted the drawers all day and I had to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

robi in Ohio

92 months ago

The thing is, the store manager doesn't seem to notice. the DM doesn't seem to notice. The loss prevention guy doesn't notice and they have all been there twice that I know of. I asked one of the other managers if he is supposed to be doing that stuff and I'm told yep. But, no-one important seems to care. I'm already not feeling very liked, so why would I make waves. darn this is hard because I'm struggling to know the rules and I'm confused. I get told weekly about all the things I could be fired for, but this guy seems to be above the rules.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

robi in Ohio

92 months ago

Oh, and as for my write up. I handled a situation incorrectly but I didn't do what the customer said i did. there was a situation with a receipt. I'm over it but I really don't know how many more handling customer errors I will make and I hope they don't get me fired. A customer apparently thought I threatened her. I didn’t but she told them I did. I think she either really misunderstood what I said, or she just wanted to exploit things to see what she could get out of it. I’m really not sure. It is over now. I hope it doesn’t happen again. However, where I work there are a few lower income, street minded customers. I think some of them get a charge out of getting over on Walgreens. I suspect people of moving add tags around to get lower prices and things like that. I’ll just give them the lower price. It isn’t my job to prove they did it. 

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Walgreen's MGT

92 months ago

You folks are lucky your Lost Prevention (LP) person does not review your store. Someone will be in big trouble. Being off even by $1 is an LP issue. We have one other person there to make sure the counts are correct. The ticket as well as the money bands MUST be signed by TWO different people.

Most EXAs I know are lazy. The food/cooler area is their responsibility BUT because they do not do their scanouts correctly, I am stuck doing the ordering.

When I was a SIMS Coordinator, I had to check in vendors although it was a manager's responsibility. And because MGTs, EXAs and the store manager did not do their jobs, I couldn't do mine. It was hopeless. Yet the store manager and EXA are the ones making the highest pay.

You ought to see some of the stores I work at. The MGTs do not have anyone facing the aisles and they leave a huge mess in the receiving room after truck day. I just sit there and laugh. Why should I try and clean it up when no one else will even bother cleaning up the receiving room?

Hang in there Robi. I am also looking elsewhere too. I am tired of Walgreens lies.

robi in Ohio

92 months ago

You have been very helpful. I don't feel at all comfortable being the only one counting the safe. I have them face but they are really mad about it. they never did it that hard before. THe safe thing is a problem. The drop thing is a problem.

thanks. Best wishes to you.

Walgreen's MGT

92 months ago

Robi, all I can tell is WATCH your back because I know many store managers place the blame on the MGTs. I have a colleague here who is an excellent person to promote to MGT but our store manager will not give this person a good work with our district manager.

I work the graveyard shift because I do not have to see or work with the store manager. He creates these two page "To Do" lists that we cannot finish. Last night I had to clean up the Christmas Promo aisle, stock the food ad outs, stock the coolers and water aisle and the store manager expects me to make sure the stock room is clean?

OH you ought to smell the 1506 area. Some yo-yo put spoiled milk in there and it soured. No one expensed these items and it reeked. And it became mixed with damaged items in the totes. I wasn't about to clean up that mess!!

And we have have some new employees who threw out manufacturer coupons. Our bookkeeper went ballistic.

Bottom line, I think Walgreens is a good stepping stone for high school and perhaps college students BUT not for ambitious career minded people. Ambitious people should look elsewhere.

LOL I guess I am not ambitious!

pharmacy tech wanna be

91 months ago

Need some thoughts.

Ok, well, I had an job interview for a pharmacy technician at Walgreens on
Thursday (12/13). The store manager said she would know by Monday (12/17) who she will hire. No call back, so I decided to call on Tuesday (12/18) to check up about the job. The store manager said she didn't make a decision yet and will be giving the applications to the pharmacist and the pharmacist will contact me for a second interview. Well today is Friday (12/21) and still no call.

So any thoughts out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rags to retail in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

91 months ago

If any body out there has a "Age Discrimination" story, let me hear it. Because I have one to rock the boat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

George23 in Barnhart, Missouri

91 months ago

Can someone give me a idea of the interview process with Walgreens for the Management Trainee position? Interview questions, etc.

Also, they say starting pay is somewhere between 35k-40k for my area of Missouri. Does Walgreens have any bonus's for their managers? How is their Health Care and Vacation time etc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Can someone give me a idea of the interview process with Walgreens for the Management Trainee position? Interview questions, etc.

Also, they say starting pay is somewhere between 35k-40k for my area of Missouri. Does Walgreens have any bonus's for their managers? How is their Health Care and Vacation time etc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

can anyone help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

hoping someone could help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Walgreen's MGT

91 months ago

The District Manager generally will aks you if you have management experience unless you were recruited out of college. Basic questions would include: Are you familiar with accounting and reconciliation? Have you managed more than 4 people? Why do you want to be a Walgreen's assistant manager?

I started out at $15.00/hour. I am at $19.25/hr. now. I have been an MGT for about 4 years and work the graveyard shift.

Store managers and the EXA (one step below a store manager) are the only management members ot earn a bonus. Usually that bonus depends on the sales volume of the store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

robi in Ohio

91 months ago

That is good information to have. Do MGTs get yearly raises? How is the amount calculated. I heard that if you work the graveyard shift there is little hope in becoming anything other than an MGT. Is that true? I thought seriously about requesting graveyard and then going on to school for my masters in the daytime, or even working part time somewhere else in the daytime. Haven't acted on it yet. Just thinking. :) I didn't know MGTs got raises.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Do you recieve extra pay for working the graveyard shift? How is the health care at Walgreens? Any advice you can give for the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

robi in Ohio

91 months ago

As far as the interview is concerned, I think you should always just be your self. If you are a right fit for the organization then the interviewer will know it. If you are not a good fit, it is best not to get the job. But that is only my opinion. For the interview dress business professional. Bring several copies of your resume with you and any other documents you think a store manager might like to view. (references)
Be pleasant. Speak when spoken to. Answer questions honestly and directly without going into too much detail. Nobody likes a rambler. :) Make eye contact. Shake hands when you meet the interviewer (no matter what sex they are). Be positive and show enthusiasm.

Healthcare:
after 90 days you become eligible. You will get a packet. It was up to me to go over it and fax or mail the documents to the correct party. I had never done that before at any other place of employment and it through me. I ended up spending about 20 bucks or so at Kinko’s for copies and faxes and then mailed the rest. Your packet has health insurance choices, life insurance choices, I think a few other choices as well such as long term disability insurance. I don't really know if I filled everything out correctly but I hope s. You (or I) can't have dental until I'm there a year. I guess it is like that company wide. The insurance I'm told is very good. You just have to fill out and mail all of the important paperwork yourself. You will also only have a limited number of days to enroll the first time.

And yes I think there is a little added money to work the graveyard shift.
Best of luck.

Walgreen's MGT

91 months ago

Robi, usually the MGTs get a small raise each year. I got a 50 cent raise because I kept bellyaching (I had not called in sick for 2 straight years and I worked ALL major holidays). I also made sure my area was always stocked and orderly. I also did my scan outs, periodic counts and rotated the milk, juices and other items that expire.

If your store manager allows you to work 8 days in a row and off one week, I think you can do it. I attained my MBA degree in the 1980s. I cannot understand why I have not been promoted to EXA. But I do not divulge too much information because why should I expend my knowledge when Walgreens will not pay me for it?

To earn extra money, I usually cover some graveyard shifts on my off week. Generally, graveyard MGTs earn a bit more than those who work the morning and swing shifts. Walgreens is in dire need of graveyard MGTs because many do not want to work these unGodly hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

I dont think I would mind working the graveyard shift. From what I understand, you work 7 days on and 7 days off.

Thank you for all the information!! I'm going to interview this Wednesday. Any advice? For the Management Trainee position do you interview with just the store manager?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Walgreen's MGT

90 months ago

Yes, the store manager will ask you about your management background. One warning though. Remember, there will be days you may be working by yourself. This means the pharmacist on duty will be closing the pharmacy to cover for you while you are on lunch or restroom breaks.

Be positive about working the graveyard shift. You must make sure you can prioritize because you will be expected to complete whatever the manager or EXA tells you do on a nightly basis.

The area that you have to keep any eye on is the paper goods (tissue, paper towels, toilet paper) and food items.

If you are interviewing at the District Offices, dress appropriately. You will not have to dress so nice at the store level but you do want to make an impression.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kajol in Alabama

90 months ago

What is the skill test? I mean what sort of questions are asked in it? this will be my first job ever here. So please suggest what to accept at the skill test.

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

robi in Ohio

90 months ago

I remember making change on the skills test. I think I remember quesitons like your purchase was $8.34 cents and you pay with a $20 two quarters. what will your change be?
how many ones, tens, pennies, dimes......
That is really all I rmember about it but I'm sure there was more. I think it is just to check to see if you can do basic reasoning on your own. There were a lot of word problems. I remember reading a lot. If word problems give you trouble, I'd suggest you practice. I think I remember the money problems because I didn't remember doing anything like that since I was in gradeschool or middle school. They took me by surprise. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Matthew in TX in Lubbock, Texas

90 months ago

Does anyone know what kind of pre-employment background check is done?

Thanks for the help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Walgreen's MGT

90 months ago

They will perform a criminal as well as reference from previous employers. If you have a recent felony, you will not get hired.

The skills test is like what Robi says. You will also be tested on how fast you answer the question. When they showed me my skill test, it said I answered each question within 3 seconds. When you answer the question correctly, it will state "Exceptional", "Average" or "Below Average".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

typhoo in Glen Ellyn, Illinois

90 months ago

Test

O in Yorkville, Illinois said: Thanks Walgreens Employee!

I suppose it is possible that I interviewed badly. I’m really not sure. The interviewer asked me what I knew about the field and the position and after I finished my spiel, they had nothing more to add. I didn't have any questions because all the questions I prepared were answered at the beginning of the interview. It felt weird actually, I thought they would ask me more questions; especially the classic ones that are asked to asses what kind of worker I might be.
I do know that the location I applied to did not need anyone at the time. The pharmacist there said that he MAY need someone in a couple of months, because he was thinking about making some changes, as he had just started. Still he encouraged me to apply anyway.
The interviewer asked me if I would be interested in other locations or even a floater position so I thought I would have gotten a call back for a second interview. No worries though, I am pursuing another lead. If it doesn't work out, I will complete certification before I reapply, probably will have a better chance that way, as I will not have to go through the class. Thanks again for your reply!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.