How to get a job at Walgreens.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 283 of 283)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

Valonne in Chicago, Illinois

17 months ago

Sort of Confused in Albany, Georgia said: I applied online this past Sunday. I'm a little confused about what I should do next. I've seen several people say that they went in for the assessment or that they were called for an interview. I am wondering if I should call and ask about my application status and then they will call me in for the assessment, or if I'm supposed to go in myself and ask to take the assessment? Someone please help!

I believe you go in yourself. it's probably best to go in instead of waiting for them to call you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Also Confused in Spokane, Washington

17 months ago

Sort of Confused in Albany, Georgia said: I applied online this past Sunday. I'm a little confused about what I should do next. I've seen several people say that they went in for the assessment or that they were called for an interview. I am wondering if I should call and ask about my application status and then they will call me in for the assessment, or if I'm supposed to go in myself and ask to take the assessment? Someone please help!

Did you ever figure out what to do. I just finished the assessment and I wasn't sure if I waited for them to call finish the assessment or what. Instructions aren't very clear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Havana, Illinois

17 months ago

I finished my assessment today. The manager gave me a once over and told me they weren't hiring despite 5 open positions posted online. So, I am sure I will not get a call back. The test is very easy.
I took the second part of my Walgreen's assessment today. I have to say I think I did quite well. However, I do not know if the company is aware that there are mistakes in the assessment. As to the question with flavoring of medications it shows four pictures, The picture that is the answer is not a possible answer. There are questions in which you have to match the generic name of Prevacid to it's brand name. The generic name in the multiple choices that you are given is spelled incorrectly. There are several errors like this and it could make it difficult for people taking your test.

D nef in Los Angeles, California

17 months ago

You are supposed to go into the store yourself and finish part 2 of the assessment. You will not be interviewed without having completed this step.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D nef in Los Angeles, California

17 months ago

Also Confused in Spokane, Washington said: Did you ever figure out what to do. I just finished the assessment and I wasn't sure if I waited for them to call finish the assessment or what. Instructions aren't very clear.

You are supposed to go in to complete the second part of the assessment. It clearly states that after you complete part 1. You will not be considered for employment or interviewed without completing this part. You just go in and tell them you need to complete the second half of it, then ask to speak to a manager after (which it will also mention this when you complete the assessment, to speak to a manager afterward).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AJ Pharm Tech in Tracy, California

17 months ago

So last thursday Jan 22, 2015 I finished my online application for my local walgreens locations. I noticed that the application wouldn't be complete until i go through with the second part (assessment). I called my store to ask what exactly this is, and they told me that I need to just go in and take it (which i did that same day). When i got to the store I think i met with the store manager and he walked me to the room where i needed to take the assessment. He also asked me a few questions on why i'm applying for the Pharmacy Technician position, if i was certified, do i have experience, and etc. The assessment itself wasn't hard. Before I left I was told to leave my Name and Phone number (I also left my email just in case), and I'm not sure what that means. I've been so anxious to hear back from them, given that i left my contact information, but also i'm worried that something i said would remove me from their consideration. I know it hasn't been a full week since that day, but everyone on here saying how they got contacted soon after is making me nervous

AJ Pharm Tech in Tracy, California

17 months ago

AJ Pharm Tech in Tracy, California said: So last thursday Jan 22, 2015 I finished my online application for my local walgreens locations. I noticed that the application wouldn't be complete until i go through with the second part (assessment). I called my store to ask what exactly this is, and they told me that I need to just go in and take it (which i did that same day). When i got to the store I think i met with the store manager and he walked me to the room where i needed to take the assessment. He also asked me a few questions on why i'm applying for the Pharmacy Technician position, if i was certified, do i have experience, and etc. The assessment itself wasn't hard. Before I left I was told to leave my Name and Phone number (I also left my email just in case), and I'm not sure what that means. I've been so anxious to hear back from them, given that i left my contact information, but also i'm worried that something i said would remove me from their consideration. I know it hasn't been a full week since that day, but everyone on here saying how they got contacted soon after is making me nervous

Oh, and i will also wanted to ask if it would be okay for me to call and check? Or maybe call and show more interest for the job? Again i know it hasn't been a week, but this wait is killing me x.x

anonymus in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

16 months ago

AJ Pharm Tech in Tracy, California said: So last thursday Jan 22, 2015 I finished my online application for my local walgreens locations. I noticed that the application wouldn't be complete until i go through with the second part (assessment). I called my store to ask what exactly this is, and they told me that I need to just go in and take it (which i did that same day). When i got to the store I think i met with the store manager and he walked me to the room where i needed to take the assessment. He also asked me a few questions on why i'm applying for the Pharmacy Technician position, if i was certified, do i have experience, and etc. The assessment itself wasn't hard. Before I left I was told to leave my Name and Phone number (I also left my email just in case), and I'm not sure what that means. I've been so anxious to hear back from them, given that i left my contact information, but also i'm worried that something i said would remove me from their consideration. I know it hasn't been a full week since that day, but everyone on here saying how they got contacted soon after is making me nervous

hi ..i applied 15th jan..i got call on 9th feb for interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Aurora, Illinois

16 months ago

I have a little question regarding the Skills Assessment. I tried applying for some jobs at Walgreens, and when I went into the store to take the Skills Assessment, the computer wouldn't let me take the Skills Assessment and the employees in there printed out a paper that said I was unqualified at the Skills Assessment and I don't meet the minimum requirements for the position.

What I'd like to ask is how can I possibly fail the Skills Assessment if I wasn't even allowed to take it?

ulla scheik in Vienna, Virginia

14 months ago

gretcha in Baltimore, Maryland said: i went to the interview, i dont know how i did in the assestment but they made me go get a drug test...does that means that i got in?

99% that's a yes unless you fail the drug/background check. I have to go take my drug test and then come back to get set up and do my schedule and get to work.

Pharmacytech85 in Lowville, New York

10 months ago

I had applied at the new Hartford Walgreens for a phar tech position. I had my interview with both the assistant mgr and pharmacy manager at 11:30am I got a call around 5pm of the same day and the job was offered to me. I went the next day to formally accept the position on the computer and go for my drug test. I'm wondering if a misdemeanor on my background check will disqualify me from an official hire? My drug test came back clean but I'm still waiting on the background check. It's been 4 business days since it was submitted. Thanks in advance for any information!

N/A in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

9 months ago

I applied for a couple of Walgreens stores in my area about two to three months ago. Completed my in-store assessment and was told I would be called if they were looking to hire me. Never received a call so I figured I wasn't going to get one. My phone was broken but I actually received an e-mail from a manager last night. I called back today and went in for an interview at 2. During the interview you will be asked 6 questions and expected to answer verbally. Honestly, I couldn't tell you how to "pass" or "fail" this "test" so just answer truthfully, and try to make sure your answers kiss ass as much as possible. I was offered a job on the spot, I believe was only because they are short handed considering I recently turned 18 and have no prior work experience. Told to go in to take my drug test and background check within two days. If you applied for walgreens and you smoke marijuana, stop smoking immediately because they DO drug test and you will only have 2 days to detox which isn't impossible but is very nerve wrecking. I was told I should receive a call within two to three business days of my test if I am to pass. Hope this info is helpful.

N/A in Aubrey, Texas

9 months ago

Pharmacytech85 in Lowville, New York said: I had applied at the new Hartford Walgreens for a phar tech position. I had my interview with both the assistant mgr and pharmacy manager at 11:30am I got a call around 5pm of the same day and the job was offered to me. I went the next day to formally accept the position on the computer and go for my drug test. I'm wondering if a misdemeanor on my background check will disqualify me from an official hire? My drug test came back clean but I'm still waiting on the background check. It's been 4 business days since it was submitted. Thanks in advance for any information!

*It depends on if you have gotten it dismissed or what class of misdemeanor offense it was, and how long ago. I have a misdemeanor that was dismissed from my record and they never pulled it up and that was only 5 years after it happened. Although when applying for my National and State Pharmacy certification I had to disclose it as they do a federal level background check so as long as it was dismissed or expunged from your record then you should be fine.

C-ASMt in Dothan, Alabama

7 months ago

euphoriax3 in SF, California said: Hm.. I applied to Walgreens online like a week ago. And I got a phone call a few days after that, where they asked me one question& told me to go take the skills test. & After I take it, I was suppose to call them back and ask for an assitant manager. I went to a lot of walgreens trying to take it, but I couldn't cus their computers were broken or whatever. So I went to the walgreens that actually called me. & I took it, and the manager said he'd call me the next day. But it's been 3 days and I haven't received a phone call yet. & I haven't called them back like they told me to since the manager said he was gonna call me. So does that mean I didn't get the job? Or should I call them? I don't know what to do. & I really wanted this job.

It probably means that you did not pass the skills test. I gave a girl a chance and had her come in last week and take the test. She bombed it so she was not considered for the position which was a sales floor associate/cashier. I could not understand how she failed the test. I have people in my store who are only 17-23 years old and passed it with flying colors. Don't quote me on it though. It could just be that the ASM is very busy and hadn't had time. We are busy people. And that's an understatement. It depends too on how desperate they are for help. How short handed they are. I would definitely call them and ask them.

7 months ago

N/A in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I applied for a couple of Walgreens stores in my area about two to three months ago. Completed my in-store assessment and was told I would be called if they were looking to hire me. Never received a call so I figured I wasn't going to get one. My phone was broken but I actually received an e-mail from a manager last night. I called back today and went in for an interview at 2. During the interview you will be asked 6 questions and expected to answer verbally. Honestly, I couldn't tell you how to "pass" or "fail" this "test" so just answer truthfully, and try to make sure your answers kiss ass as much as possible. I was offered a job on the spot, I believe was only because they are short handed considering I recently turned 18 and have no prior work experience. Told to go in to take my drug test and background check within two days. If you applied for walgreens and you smoke marijuana, stop smoking immediately because they DO drug test and you will only have 2 days to detox which isn't impossible but is very nerve wrecking. I was told I should receive a call within two to three business days of my test if I am to pass. Hope this info is helpful.

Please tell me you didn't just admit to smoking weed...smh. This is why we have such a bad turnover. Not because we are a bad company to work for because we aren't. We take care of our people and our goal is to advance them as quickly as possible. But j am now discovering why close to everyone we hire fails at stepping up in the company.smh If you do any kind of drugs at all please do us a favor and DO NOT apply in our stores.

Thanks!!!

7 months ago

N/A in Aubrey, Texas said: *It depends on if you have gotten it dismissed or what class of misdemeanor offense it was, and how long ago. I have a misdemeanor that was dismissed from my record and they never pulled it up and that was only 5 years after it happened. Although when applying for my National and State Pharmacy certification I had to disclose it as they do a federal level background check so as long as it was dismissed or expunged from your record then you should be fine.

If you have ANY drug charges on your record at ALL you will not be allowed to work in the pharmacy. You have to be registered with the state board of pharmacy and they will deny you faster than you can say "please don't" if you have drug charges. Naturally we don't want drug offenders working in our pharmacies handling narcotics.

7 months ago

N/A in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I applied for a couple of Walgreens stores in my area about two to three months ago. Completed my in-store assessment and was told I would be called if they were looking to hire me. Never received a call so I figured I wasn't going to get one. My phone was broken but I actually received an e-mail from a manager last night. I called back today and went in for an interview at 2. During the interview you will be asked 6 questions and expected to answer verbally. Honestly, I couldn't tell you how to "pass" or "fail" this "test" so just answer truthfully, and try to make sure your answers kiss ass as much as possible. I was offered a job on the spot, I believe was only because they are short handed considering I recently turned 18 and have no prior work experience. Told to go in to take my drug test and background check within two days. If you applied for walgreens and you smoke marijuana, stop smoking immediately because they DO drug test and you will only have 2 days to detox which isn't impossible but is very nerve wrecking. I was told I should receive a call within two to three business days of my test if I am to pass. Hope this info is helpful.

"Kissing ass" in our interviews isn't going to help you.lol You need to come across confident and competent. And have a positive feedback when asked about your previous employment and employers. If you complain about your previous jobs you will not get the job.

7 months ago

CJ in Havana, Illinois said: I finished my assessment today. The manager gave me a once over and told me they weren't hiring despite 5 open positions posted online. So, I am sure I will not get a call back. The test is very easy.
I took the second part of my Walgreen's assessment today. I have to say I think I did quite well. However, I do not know if the company is aware that there are mistakes in the assessment. As to the question with flavoring of medications it shows four pictures, The picture that is the answer is not a possible answer. There are questions in which you have to match the generic name of Prevacid to it's brand name. The generic name in the multiple choices that you are given is spelled incorrectly. There are several errors like this and it could make it difficult for people taking your test.

If you fail the test we don't offer a position. There are no error in the assessment questions.

7 months ago

needajob757 in Newport News, Virginia said: applied online. called store relentlessly until I got a manager. Was asked to come in for interview. Went yesterday morning. Interview was maybe 2 minutes. Was told not a real opening yet, in spite of advertised opening...projected for end of Feb. Said they are now taking applications and making a "pile" to re-interview in mid-Feb for projected opening. Anyone else heard such a thing?

You probably didn't interview well. And if you took the skills assessment you may have failed it. There a re reasons why jobs aren't offered and we don't have to give a reason.

7 months ago

4c4e1e6b in Louisville, Kentucky said: Walgreen's Infusion Pharmacy sucks, they treated us like morons because we were not from the North. No matter how hard you worked they didn't appreciate any employee. Then they would let you go for no reason!

Why were you let go?

7 months ago

js512 in Katy, Texas said: hey i was hoping someone who's been hired could help me.
i just finished filling out the skills assessment online and it tells me to go a store and finish the in-store part. what is that? and do i wait to see what store has an opening first? any help is appreciated, thanks!

Call the store manager. If it's says to come in then common sense would tell you that you need to do so.

7 months ago

Bridget Johnston in Quincy, Massachusetts said: hey, i have an interview on wednesday and i have two facial piercings, i wanted to know if that's an issue there. i hope not /:

Naturally your appearance does effect your first impression. But at Walgreens we believe in diversity. All we care about is you doing the job and doing it well. Going above and beyond and performing well when it comes to customer service. It all depends on the store manager as well. They have a choice on what they want their employees to look like

7 months ago

ReginaM in Los Angeles, California said: I plan take my assesment test at Walgreen's on Monday 3/29. Could you tell me what to expect? I'm studying my brand/gen and calculations.

The assessment test has nothing to do with brand/generic unless you are applying for a pharmacy position.

7 months ago

htownzsos in Sugar Land, Texas said: Hey guys I did the online application, went to the store and the pharmacy manager seemed interested and even mentioned that she was looking for the pharm tech position, I went and took the assessment test and yday and got a call from the pharmacy manager today just before 5 pm asking if i had taken the exam and I told her I did (since the day i was suppose to take it there was someone training on the computer ) and then she was like I'll look at your results and mentioned about coming in for a second interview and drug test and speaking to the manager. She didnt call back, its been two hours. So I'm confused not sure what the next step is, so i'm just going to wait it out maybe it was the end of the day or the manager wasnt in so she didnt call back, Just wanted to know what you guys though about this or any idea whats going to happen. I'd really appreciate feed back

The managers leave at 5. And the pharmacists are super busy. Call her the next day and remind her.

7 months ago

Mariusz in Staten Island, New York said: Hi I just applied for Photo Specialist position, at the end of the application it said something about assessment test. I have to go to the nearest store(that I applied for) to complete it. Is this necessary? I applied for photo specialist position, not cashier position. What will happen if I don't go? Will my application be ignored/ marked as incomplete?

You have to take the test to get the job. It's mandatory for everyone. It tells us if you are qualified or not.

7 months ago

Camscamscams in Longmont, Colorado said: I'm asking because the promotion is only a $2.75 pay raise and I don't want to lose my job over a small pay raise.

So you would rather continue doing drugs and risk failing the test? It really disturbs me to know we have people working for us who are on drugs. Clean yourself up for starters. Having a source of income is more important than getting high. Duh.

Paladin in Taylors, South Carolina

7 months ago

It has been several years since I applied for Pharmacy Technician positions with Walgreen's. I recall the first part being inclusive of personal information, work history, education, any licenses or registrations from boards of pharmacy, and questionnaires regarding preferences, personality and customer and team member situations. The second part, which is completed in store, tests skills from operating a register to pharmacy specific task inclusive of typing out SIG codes, matching brand and generic names and measurements.

Although I had experience working in pharmacy for several years, had and maintained active registration, and had good scores in Walgreen's assessments, I did not meet Walgreen's needs. Several stores preferred state certified pharmacy technicians or had a need for service clerks.

Ariesgirl in Springfield, Ohio

5 months ago

John said: Its a one time deal......

Has Walgreen recently changed their policy on random drug testing? I was just recently hired and passed my initial drug testing but was told there could be random store drug testings by an employee. Is this true?

Ariesgirl in Miamisburg, Ohio

5 months ago

John said: Its a one time deal......

Has Walgreen recently changed their policy on random drug testing? I was just recently hired and passed my initial drug testing but was told there could be random store drug testings by an employee. Is this true?

Paladin in Taylors, South Carolina

5 months ago

Ariesgirl in Springfield, Ohio said: Has Walgreen recently changed their policy on random drug testing? I was just recently hired and passed my initial drug testing but was told there could be random store drug testings by an employee. Is this true?

An employer may reserve the right to conduct random drug testing. If you do not use drugs illegally, you should not have anything to worry about.

Staci P in Johnson City, New York

4 months ago

I've been applying for a lot of jobs for the past few hours, and applied for Walgreens. I did the first part of the test and read that I needed to go into the store to do the second part. I went back to check if there was any information I could add and noticed there was a part 2 available so I went ahead and took it, but after seeing the final message, I'm thinking I messed up.

Am I screwed because I couldn't follow directions? Or can I retake the test in the store anyway.
(I had been doing a lot of applications and they all kind of blurred together after a while.)

Should I call the store and explain my situation?

nyunyuelf in Orange Park, Florida

2 months ago

My husband is waiting for a call back on a job for Walgreens. He's had the interview, he's had the drug test, he's done the assessment and they say that they're waiting on the eligibility screening? What exactly is that?
How long does it usually take? What do they look for? If you have bad credit will they not hire you?

Lovebug

2 months ago

I went in for my interview yesterday and got told I have three job I just need to do the drug test and background check. I know I'm going to pass them both, my concern is I'm terrified of needles and one of my friends said that blood drug blood testing is becoming popular. Will I have to have my blood drawn for a drug test for my job at Walgreens?

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.