Working for Walmart

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Susan Gentry in Tampa, Florida

62 months ago

I currently work for Walmart and i was wondering why do they cut your hours? We have lines upon lines of customers and they send us home. I just don't understand it. The pay stinks and i think i could do better. Does anyone else feel the same? What do you think it is like working at Walmart?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

meltman57 in Nocona, Texas

11 months ago

It sux working for Walmart. The sad part is, it doesnt have to. As far as cutting your hours although customers are waiting. I was told by a Walmart manager that even if customers get mad they will return, because Walmart is the only game in town. If that is how they feel about paying customers how do you think they feel about you? They call this "Keeping prices low by keeping the overhead down"? Although they want total dedication and I have had some really hard jobs, but this one is the worst. Assistant managers screaming at sales associates in front of customers. I could go on but I wont. What they call good business I call greed. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

11 months ago

meltman57 in Nocona, Texas said: It sux working for Walmart. The sad part is, it doesnt have to. As far as cutting your hours although customers are waiting. I was told by a Walmart manager that even if customers get mad they will return, because Walmart is the only game in town. If that is how they feel about paying customers how do you think they feel about you? They call this "Keeping prices low by keeping the overhead down"? Although they want total dedication and I have had some really hard jobs, but this one is the worst. Assistant managers screaming at sales associates in front of customers. I could go on but I wont. What they call good business I call greed. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

Wal-Mart doesn't care. They are THE largest private employer in the United States.

Where are their customers going to go? Nordstroms? Saks Fifth Avenue?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cooldudefromsd in Jackson, Michigan

16 days ago

I boycott walmart and shop kmart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.