How to get a job at Walt Disney.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 79)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Walt Disney? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Worker in CA in Winnetka, California

98 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Walt Disney? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I used to work at Disney. Jobs are not easy to get at Disney unless you know someone. Although they do advertise available positions, its all for appearences and make sure you do all the follow up emails, thanks yous and other brown nosing. Seriously, some of the most evil people work at Disney so be careful. Great benefits but at a price.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (151) / No (88) Reply - Report abuse

Tech in Orlando in Kissimmee, Florida

98 months ago

I've worked for Disney. The culture is only on their shirt sleeve. The arm underneath is hairy and thick and deceptive. If you have children or family you value your schedule will never be consistant to allow time for them. Disney has lost all it's professionalism and has become little but a fast food job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (97) / No (72) Reply - Report abuse

Catfish in Brooklyn, New York

98 months ago

I know great people who work at Disney.
Then again, the worst sleazeball
I've ever worked with was at Disney.
Disney has a reputation for cheap pay, but
try Rainbow Media for the ultimate sweatshop
experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (64) Reply - Report abuse

Lil Ham in Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida

94 months ago

I participated in the Disney College Program and had a mixture of experiences. You do learn a lot about Disney, and have the opportunity to do good networking. Disney really is all about who you know. Most of the "higher ups" that I've talked with began their Disney careers in the internship program. Disney is not so selective about who they let into the program anymore, it's lost a lot of its reputation and integrity. You will end up working with a lot of people who are not "Disney" people. The pay is crap and the housing is pretty crappy too. But if you really want a shot at working at Disney I would say the internship would be either your ultimate deal maker or deal breaker.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Angela Gilbert in Rantoul, Illinois

93 months ago

Setsunna said: What are you two pre-teens in here bickering for? If you want to work for Disney, do some research; use the internet and get info on exactly what you want to know (i.e. Google: Disney Internships).

And to Angela: it does matter if you have a "potty mouth" or not. My first job was for WDW Orlando and they were big on appearance/personality. Perhaps a disney recruiter visited this website and saw your comments after searching Disney Related websites. Although you have a passion for art and animation with Disney, your attitude and language at your age now could predict your behavior when it becomes time for you to work.

Letting people on the internet bother you is not a good sign. They don't know you. Remember there will always be people trying to crush your dreams. Forget them, work hard, keep your head up and you'll get there.

A dream job is truly what you make it! Good luck!

Yeah I know but I also know I am a very good woker. I usually never use cuss words. I just got so mad over something as stupid as that first comment. I am usually the only one in a group to stay calm and I'm usually never bothered. My dream job is to work at Disney. I know what I did was wrong and stupid. The personality I was giving off was one of a childish fool. I'm a little embarest now. I realize now that so many people could have been reading that and got the idea of me.

SIncerely,
Angela Gilbert

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

TSH0907 in Winter Garden, Florida

82 months ago

No Disney Magic:

Well, Disney does not hire over the phone and if they do not call you then they don't call you. If you hate it so much why do you waste your money on passes? People complain so much about the Disney Parks and still come back. They complain and complain because they know that Disney is about going above and beyond to assist our guests, so they keep complaining until they get things for free and they know it and know how to play the system. Why do you continue to visit our parks? Just to post here and complain.

Yes, Disney does post on Monster.com and in our local paper. Your best bet of getting a job is call the jobline, make an appointment, and fly yourself here to the interview. If you really want to work for Disney you will do whatever you need to make it happen. Like most interviews, they are done in person and not over a phone.

I am being honest and will continue to be. I do not appreciate your doubt of my honesty. I am honest and I have integrity. Something that most people in this world today lack. Disney Casting Scouts can read people, Did I say I AM ONE,and your degree doesn't mean squat if your personality is not there. From your negative attitude toward Disney you would not be hired and maybe you should rethink visiting unless you can truly get into the Disney Magic and be a kid at heart.

The only advise I can give you about Grumpy, Dopeyk and Cruella DeVil is if you don't say something to a leader then we will not know to take care of the situation. I know your going to say you already have and I assure you that every cast member is reprimanded accordingly. Like I said before. Disney does not hire the right people all the time and we have to weed them out, but usually they weed themselves out. Everyone including yourself, expects Disney to be perfect, but we all know that this world is not perfect and neither is Disney. I really wished people would realize that we make mistakes and we bend over backwards to try to turn the..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Trish1 in Parsippany, New Jersey

82 months ago

I am seeking inforamtion on the hiring process for disney. If someone can provide some insight on thier hiring practices that would be great

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

FLBigman in Orlando, Florida

82 months ago

TSH0907 thanks for shedding light on the issue. i will call the jobline and try to schedule an appointment; i have been applying online. I did stop by the casting offices once and they were kind and courteous enough to let me know that some jobs get posted a few months in advance (due to retirement announcements and other circumstances) I applied for some of the jobs and some got rejected right away while others took anywhere from 2 weeks, 5 weeks to 3 months to get a negative reply back. You can also call the jobline and inquire about the status of your application. Wanted to shed some light on that from my experience. I hope thats helpful.
Also i have had some one-on-one interviews with some other companies where I was told that they will call and let me know about a decision (me being one of about 3 final candidates each time) and never even bothering to call or answer my phones or emails.
that's my 2cents for what it's worth.
To win you first have to lose; but you don't have to lose hope and faith.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Worker in CA in Winnetka, California said: I used to work at Disney. Jobs are not easy to get at Disney unless you know someone. Although they do advertise available positions, its all for appearences and make sure you do all the follow up emails, thanks yous and other brown nosing. Seriously, some of the most evil people work at Disney so be careful. Great benefits but at a price.

Could you please tell me what your hiring experience was like at Disney. what thier orientation is like as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Can anyone shed some light on the hiring process at disney. what the orientation is like, and how long between application date and call back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Eroddick in Arlington, Virginia

81 months ago

To TSH0907
I would like to speak to you about your experience working for Disney. I'm an aspiring writer and a huge disney fan, and recently started doing some research about a new idea for a series of books cenetered in Disney World.
I'm not looking for specifics, but you mentioned casting and I would love an opinion about it, if possible.
Please reply to this thread if we might be able to have a conversation.
Thank you,
Eroddick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Piasa in Melbourne, Australia

81 months ago

Angela G. in Rantoul, Illinois said: I need some help please! I'm 13 years old and for about the past two years I've wanted to work for Disney. This is not a faze or any thing I really want to work at Disney! I would like to know if there is a college for computer animation that Disney prefers there animators from. Also I would like to know what Disney looks for in their employees. If any one has any information on any thing it would really help me.
Sincerely,
Angela

www.AnimationMentor.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gareth in Louisiana

81 months ago

Antonio - did you end up getting that community moderator position? I wanted to ask your advice actually on getting into this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Berlin Seymore in Chino Hills, California

80 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I work weekends primarily as a Fantasmic cast member specializing in guest control plus I have trained and worked in other areas including Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Main St. Parade and Special Events. My experience has been wonderful, I really enjoy working around other cast members and interacting with guests and being a very minute part of entertainment history. My negatives include Southern California traffic and super hot days. Although I am light years away from being a designated spokesperson, I will try to answer a couple of prior questions. Entertainment people such as dancers involved in Fantasmic are paid substantially more and they have to audition for these positions. I am not at liberty to say how much but these talented people earn their pay. Regarding preparing for a future with Disney as well as any other reputable company, keep your record clean since extensive criminal background investigations are conducted prior to being hired so please use good judgment in your every day behavior. Regarding the "Disney Look", avoid getting visible tattoos on your face, arms, hands, etc. Also, if you have those gross looking stretch earrings, you have effectively eliminated yourself from selection. Disney does a terrific job in hiring people of diverse backgrounds, ages, talents and is a great reflection of its fan base. Disneyland in Anaheim has over 20,000 employees and internationally, I believe the company has around 140,000 employees so in all fairness any organization of this size will statistically have a few bad apples and this fact exists in all organizations or large groups such as teachers, police officers, firefighters, military, hospitals, etc. Perhaps the expectations of the company is so high that any infraction is magnified. Contrary to what some have implied, it is not easy to get hired here and trust me, the company is not desperate for potential employees. In fact, 70% of the people who apply are not hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Buqi in Norwalk, California

80 months ago

TSH0907,

I am international student and I really want to get a job in disney. I don't have much concern about the negative opinion of disney, coz i know how can you tell the grape is sweet or not just by looking at it. So I went to Disneyland, Anaheim CA and had a interview. The interviewer told me I got the job , but it will be available until August. So I have been waiting for a month since July I took the interview and I haven't had any reply yet. Is that normal for disney let the candidate wait a "super" long time? There are hundreds of candidates applying the job in casting center everyday, Why does disney interview them months before the job opening? I am still waiting....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Hi TSH0907,

I wish I could help you with this matter but I'm not sure of the most efficient approach. Perhaps you could email, fax or send a letter to the interviewer(if you haven't already). Also do a thorough check of the Disney website. I'm sure you will but I would suggest proceeding with politeness. I'm glad you're not affected by the negative comments but again any and every large organization would experienced such a response in part based on the sheer number of employees, longevity and infinite interactions with the general public, mathematically producing an unlimited possibility of exceptional experiences plus the infrequent occurrence of less than desirable experiences.

Berlin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

junaid zahid in ajman, United Arab Emirates

80 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Walt Disney? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

heloo am trying to have a job in disney i love acting please tell the manager to give me a job please:{

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hi Chucho,

Getting a job with Disney might require applying 2 or 3 times since most applicants are not accepted the first time but some are accepted the second time around. The applicant must pass a background check. Seeking a job through the Disney's job fair is certaily one of the best ways to join the company. Having proficiency in animation or some technical skill related to the movie industry is always a plus. Always be polite. Make sure to dress properly if you go to a job fair or certainly to an interview. Be open minded to jobs you will accept, just remember you can transfer or cross train in another department after you get on with the company. Good luck!

Berlin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DCM1 in Orlando, Florida

79 months ago

Disney has a strong corporate culture and heritage deriving from the days of Walt Disney. I was hired via my college through a recruiter who was visiting the campus. Front-line entry-level jobs are fairly easy to get at Disney as long as you meet basic qualifications, the job is open and available, and you present yourself as a friendly guest-oriented person. Once you begin within the company you discover how the company works and being a "Cast Member" becomes routine along with all the company terminology and procedures you quickly learn.

Now the downside, Disney is a VERY LARGE bureaucratic company, you quickly learn that you are treated as a "number" as there are over 50,000 cast members working just at Walt Disney World and millions for the entire company worldwide. All HR transactions are done through computers so you never see or speak to anyone, a simple tranaction such as a request for a day off is done via an online form that goes to an office with hundreds of clerks who have never met you in their lives and only know you as a number in the system. It is true that there is lots of space for growth within the company, but the higher you go up within the company you discover thick layers of politics and more corporate bureaucracy.

I am not patronizing Disney, I am just explaining my personal experience with the company. Disney is indeed a great company, it is just unique and you must understand the company and accept the facts in order to be happy.

If your interested in working at Walt Disney World you can call the Disney Job Line at 407-828-1000 or stop by the Disney Casting Center in person. The Casting Center is located on Buena Vista Drive in front of the Downtown Disney Marketplace.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stefanie Brown in Viola, Illinois

78 months ago

Hi-
i have submitted the career start program packet and now i just nee dto send in my letter of reccomendation and mail it to florida to the casting center! i want a job at walt disney world more that i want anything in the world! i will do whatever it takes no matter what i half to do no matter where and how far i half to go to get a job there you can count on i will do it. i think i would be perfect for any job at walt disney world because i don't care what i do i loved walt disney land and want to go to walt disney world, i am always on the website learning new things and getting excited about something new every day! i can clean, i can run a register, i can do anything, and you bet if i don't know how to do it that i will learn fast and ask many questions and i am very attentive, i am on time, im a quick learner, i work hard, i am efficient and will work towards any goal! i hope i get a job there so badly!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brighton in Salt Lake City, Utah

78 months ago

Can anyone give me an honest opinion of the College Program? How is the pay, networking oppurtunities, housing costs, benefits, etc.? I don't care what the housing looks like, just if it's affordable or not. How does it compare to other internships, and how is the educational program? Specifics are appreciated. I know there are bound to be positive and negative aspects to every program, I just would like to know more from someone who experienced it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stefanie Brown in Viola, Illinois

78 months ago

well in response to brighton, i learned online that for the housing there are the vista and the catham apartments and you can set it up to where the rent for the apartments can be taken right out of your check. i have not experienced it but im hoping to get into the career start program! also if you go to www.disneycareerstart.com on the left of the page there are all kinds of things like benefits,learning, earning etc. that you can click on. it will answere all ?'s/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sunshinegirl315 in Tustin, California

77 months ago

Buqi in Norwalk, California said: TSH0907,

I am international student and I really want to get a job in disney. I don't have much concern about the negative opinion of disney, coz i know how can you tell the grape is sweet or not just by looking at it. So I went to Disneyland, Anaheim CA and had a interview. The interviewer told me I got the job , but it will be available until August. So I have been waiting for a month since July I took the interview and I haven't had any reply yet. Is that normal for disney let the candidate wait a "super" long time? There are hundreds of candidates applying the job in casting center everyday, Why does disney interview them months before the job opening? I am still waiting....

So now are you working at Disneyland? I went to the casting center and they said jobs will be available in December. They asked me to come back on Monday for an interview. Please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

I went to Disney HR for interview. I did really well. The recruiter said I wish I could hire you now. I really want to hire you because you did so well on the interview. But we have no open positions right now, so we will contact you from January after a lot of seasonal people leave. Do you think that this is pretty promising?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

I was told the same thing. The recruiter said she really wants to hire me. And she will contact me when there are open positions.
Do you think that this is pretty promising?

Berlin Seymore in Chino Hills, California said: Hi TSH0907,

I wish I could help you with this matter but I'm not sure of the most efficient approach. Perhaps you could email, fax or send a letter to the interviewer(if you haven't already). Also do a thorough check of the Disney website. I'm sure you will but I would suggest proceeding with politeness. I'm glad you're not affected by the negative comments but again any and every large organization would experienced such a response in part based on the sheer number of employees, longevity and infinite interactions with the general public, mathematically producing an unlimited possibility of exceptional experiences plus the infrequent occurrence of less than desirable experiences.

Berlin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Judging from recent history, I think you have an excellent chance in January and I'm basing this on hire dates of many of my fellow cast members as well as myself. I'm certainly not in a position to give a gaurantee but I think January/February are great months since the new season is upon us, this time is typically an active time for recruiting and I was hired as a result of a job fair I attended this past January.

Good luck and hopefully see you around the kingdom!

Berlin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Thank you so much for your comment.
Well, so should I call them back in the beginning of January? or the end of December?
Since I finished my interview and passed, the HR lady said they will keep my information for 6 months. So for 6 months, am I allowed to keep contacting them?
Please let me know.

Berlin Seymore in Chino Hills, California said: Judging from recent history, I think you have an excellent chance in January and I'm basing this on hire dates of many of my fellow cast members as well as myself. I'm certainly not in a position to give a gaurantee but I think January/February are great months since the new season is upon us, this time is typically an active time for recruiting and I was hired as a result of a job fair I attended this past January.

Good luck and hopefully see you around the kingdom!

Berlin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Hi, I finished my interview last week. and I passed it. My recruiter loved me and she said she wants to hire me right away. BUT since there are no open positions, she said she will contact me from January. I do not know her e-mail address. But I wrote Thank you letter to her. I called the casting center and got her full name.
Also, on the application, I put my friend's sister's name. She has been working there for over 10 years and she is in the higher position.
Do you think that I can do something more?
I am planning to call her back in the beginning of January.

Worker in CA in Winnetka, California said: I used to work at Disney. Jobs are not easy to get at Disney unless you know someone. Although they do advertise available positions, its all for appearences and make sure you do all the follow up emails, thanks yous and other brown nosing. Seriously, some of the most evil people work at Disney so be careful. Great benefits but at a price.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Imagineer in OC

77 months ago

I am an Architect and Electrical Engineer. I applied for a professional position with Walt Disney (Studios) and the said they had two Architect positions one in Burbank and one at Disneyland.

Disney recruiters called me within one day! I went to the interview at the Studios and was given a tour of Walt Disney Imagineering and the Studios.

On my second interview, they asked me to do a quick preliminary drawing of a Disney facade - any design would be acceptable so I drew Mickey and Minnie welcoming Christmas guests to the Magic Kingdom with Sleeping Beauty's Castle in the background. Not too hard to draw - took only 10 minutes to do it.

My expertise was drawing site renderings (water color and charcoal) with people, cars and trees so it was really easy for me to do this.

Within one week, I received an offer for which I am still considering. My ideal job would be to work in the Imagineering division of Disney because I am more interested in the concept design, engineering and building of the sets and rides at the theme parks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake13 in Salt Lake City, Utah

72 months ago

Imagineer in OC, did you just apply via the Disney website? how did you first get in touch with Disney Imagineering? I have been building a portfolio and resume specifically for disney Imagineering since I was in High school. I know work as an art director, but have never heard back from anyone about how to equate real world experience to Disney Imagineering. As a professional, I am not really interested in either the Internship options or the part-time work side of Disney. Did you start with either of those first?
Thanks for any info....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

wi in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

I've been wanting to be a Disney lawyer for the past two years, and i'm 16 now. Does anybody know what's required to be accepted as their lawyer? What schools to go to, who to contact after that, basic stuff? Or if they need even an In-House lawyer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin P in Northridge, California

62 months ago

I guess it's just better to come as a customer then work as an employee. I've had friends who were inspired from a very young age to work for Disney, unfortunately after a terrible experience doing so at the resort parks here in California, their entire perception of the company has changed. As a matter of fact, they've become very cynical, and I guess for good reason, of Disney. I hope your endeavors of working at Disney come true, but hopefully you won't regret doing so once you experience what it's like for yourself. GL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Kerin in Germantown, Maryland

61 months ago

Hey Everyone. I submitted an online application to work at Disney World a week ago and they sent me notice saying to schedule an appointment for an interview. I did schedule it for 3/10/10. I applied for front desk and bell services. Does anyone know what I should expect for the interview (ie. What to bring and what questions they will ask)

Thanks

Serp in Orlando, Florida

61 months ago

Jason Kerin in Germantown, Maryland said: Hey Everyone. I submitted an online application to work at Disney World a week ago and they sent me notice saying to schedule an appointment for an interview. I did schedule it for 3/10/10. I applied for front desk and bell services. Does anyone know what I should expect for the interview (ie. What to bring and what questions they will ask)

Thanks

How did it go? Did they give you an interview or just an appointment for an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cmoniz in Somerset, Massachusetts

61 months ago

So glad I found this! Lately, I have been telling myself that I will do whatever it takes to get a job at Walt Disney World. I am a recent college alum, trying to figure out what kind of job is the best for me. Working at Walt Disney World has always been a dream of mine.

I've seen many of you talking about a jobline you can call. Where can I find this?

Jason Filbert in Tonganoxie, Kansas

60 months ago

I am looking to relocate and would like to know if anyone has ever found one of the fishing guide jobs at Disney (they have paid excursions that guests can take on the various water bodies). Any information would be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

choijonah in Harbor City, California

44 months ago

Hi my names jonah and my dream job is to work at disneyland but it says that i have to be at least 17 years of age ,but im 15. If there's a way please reply. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

choijonah in Harbor City, California

44 months ago

Hi my name is jonah and my dream job currently is to work at disneyland, but the problem is i have to be at least the age of 17, but I'm 15. So if anyone can answer or reply to this please do reply. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Gerry in Corona, California

43 months ago

I remember working for Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. back in 2006 doing Ride Operations. The hiring process takes about a week to get in. But later after a month of working there, there were some problems I had commuting from Corona to Orange County later since i had to move there so I had to leave the job. I now am planning to move back to Orange County and going to school to do Audio Production. But because I am trying to RE-apply at Disney, I keep getting emails for any position. Especially from the college program saying this:

Our records indicate that you are a former employee of an affiliated company of The Walt Disney Company and you are not eligible for rehire. Because of this, we cannot consider you further for employment opportunities.

If you feel this status is in error, please contact the Employee Relations office at the affiliated company at which you worked and follow their process to have this status reviewed.

We wish you well in your endeavors.

The Recruitment Team

So does this mean I am never able to go back to working fir Disney ever again? I really want to work here but I got this email Twice already! for different positions... anything helps please! thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alejandra in AsunciĆ³n, Paraguay

41 months ago

Hi everyone! My name is Alejandra and I'm from Paraguay. I must confess I love Walt Disney World, the very fist time I visited the place I felt in love with the magic founded there, “El sitio me atrapó. En ese momento supe que un día trabajaría aquí”, dije con una sonrisa tan amplia como la del ratón Mickey.
My dream was vistit Disney again, but now my dream is work there. I will study Industrial Engineering, I hope that with that college degree I coul work in that amazing place and make my dream come true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim B. in Latrobe, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

After reading these comments on this subject, truth be told, I have to side with TSH. I'm sorry but Disney has over 69,000 cast members, in Florida alone! They don't have time or resources to hold everybodies hands and make sure they have a good day, nor do they have time to make sure that all 69000 employees are top tier all the time. I'm a nursing student right now, and my Wife is an Early Childhood Education major, our plans after graduation are to call the job line and see what happens. Key word being see what happens... you can't apply for a position with a company like Disney and expect to just be handed the keys, so to speak, because you knew who to call, your in a competition every day of your life anymore. If your a good fit, or more importantly a better fit than someone else, you'll get the job. I intend to, upon graduation, try and prove to The resorts HR department that they need me, and I expect everyone else who applies to do the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

younes in Agadir, Morocco

41 months ago

hii everyone ,,
my name is younes akherraz i'm 18 years old soon to be 19 , i'm working on very famous restaurant in morocco, the thing is i'm very interested on want diseny and i would love to be as member with this company ,but the problem is i don't know how ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MoeDisney in Bend, Oregon

39 months ago

Let me just say that I have read almost every comment on here and i am so sad to hear all the negitive things that people are saying. I have a strong passion for Disney ever since I could remember (I am 20 years old) I went to Disneyland two summers ago and had the best time of my life. I love people and stood in line to see the characters more than standing in line for the rides. I think that I will do more research but the Disney Collage program seems so awesome! I hold game nights at my house and all we pplay is "Disney Scene It?" and you know who wins? ME! I have also watched all the documenteries on Disney and Pixar.. Ever since I was litte I wanted to animate for disney and I am not going to let some neggitive comments get in my way! It seems like a great oppertunity and when you look at it everyone has their ups and downs at a job and I am sure that this will be a challange but I am willing to fight to make my dreams come ture. I was a Girl Scout for 13 years and have great people skills and I have the most respect for the people who work for there dreams! I am the biggest Disney fan that I know and because of the movie "Cinderella" and "Tanged" and many many others I will be a Disney fan for life!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Hi MoeDisney in Bend,OR,

I just love your comment and I have no doubt that you would be an asset to the company. Although I am no longer with the company, I do have the opportunity to return and hopefully I will. Just keep in mind that any huge organization and Disney is huge in every way, will have some 'ups and downs' or negatives. I know plenty of cast members who love working certain attractions but not other attractions. Some really enjoy guest control while others would rather not work those shifts. Following are just a few of my enjoyable moments: signed autographs for kids on several occasions, assisted Leonardo DiCaprio and his group while I was working at the Haunted Mansion, enjoyed some of the world's best snack food, worked the Pirates premiere in May and ended up in the background of Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz, Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens' photos. Saw and briefly worked with many other celebrities, enjoyed some of the greatest fireworks displays in history, worked at Davy Crockett Canoes. I could go on and on. I left the company to devote more time to my very time consuming insurance job otherwise I would still be there and it was a fun 3.5 years working with a lot of good people and assisting many of the best guests in this part of the universe. Consider this, I'm no longer with the company and I have no reason to 'sugar coat' something I find negative. Overall, I would rank my experience working at Disneyland as 90% positive, 9% indifferent and 1 per cent negative, not a bad combo!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cast Member in Chicago, Illinois

39 months ago

I got into the Disney company VERY easy, I did the Disney College Program which only required an online interview and phone interview. If you sound happy and bubbly, you basically get in, I know this bc a few of my friends and I did this. The Disney College Program was one of the BEST experiences I've ever had in my life. The pay wasn't great, the minimum wage isn't very high in Orlando, but at Disney you get UNLIMITED overtime and double pay quite often. You can pick up shifts so if you are needing more income, it is usually available. Also, basically anywhere in Orlando gives Disney Cast Members a discount, this is from fast food chains to cars to airline tickets. Once in the Disney College Program, which you can apply with just being in good standing and enrolled in a college (I did this from a community college and didn't have to take classes while working in the program) if you work well in the company, they usually ask you if you want to stay seasonal (which is at least 40 hours in one year)or you can try to stay part-time or full-time. Typically, this works out if you don't get a lot of reprimands which are for common things (being late, calling out too much, blah blah...) Disney gives you great bonuses like free admission to the parks at anytime, discount on merchandise, passes for friends and family, the list goes on and on. As for the housing with the college program, it ISN'T bad at all. There are 3 to choose from, Vista, Chatham and Patterson. All have pools and work out facilities as well as you don't even need a car because Disney provides free transportation to the mall, grocery stores, all Disney locations including your job. You do pay rent but it is as low as 60 a week, which they take right out of your pay check (you don't even notice it) and you can have either 1-7 roommates. Now don't get me wrong, not everyone at Disney is wonderful but that's real life. The experience is amazing and having Disney on your resume looks fantastic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Childhood Disney in Gainesville, Florida

38 months ago

Hello! Like few comments above, I aspire to be an animator for Disney! Disney has been my childhood studio, including movies like Lion King and Aladdin. Disney never fails to inspire me with life and my future! Working at Disney would be a dream come true and like I have already said, I want to be one of Disney's animators. For some Disney animators in here, will you please tell me what universities/colleges would be helpful for me to learn how to animate? It would be really helpful! Thank you so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Audio Production Major

38 months ago

Childhood Disney in Gainesville, Florida said: Hello! Like few comments above, I aspire to be an animator for Disney! Disney has been my childhood studio, including movies like Lion King and Aladdin. Disney never fails to inspire me with life and my future! Working at Disney would be a dream come true and like I have already said, I want to be one of Disney's animators. For some Disney animators in here, will you please tell me what universities/colleges would be helpful for me to learn how to animate? It would be really helpful! Thank you so much!

For some reason, where I go to school at, there are majors like: Fashion, Gaming Design, Graphic Design, Video Production, and of course Animation and Media Arts. What i do is Audio Production. I go to school at The Art Institute of California-Inland Empire. It is a College/University and you do get either an Associates or Bachelors Degree of Arts or Science. Most grads that I collaborated with in Animation and Sound Design, have already graduated and went to already work for Buena Vista Home Studios (Burbank, CA.), Pixar, and Disney Interactive Media. Usually, a school like mine, are good schools to attend because they always supply you with kits and use what everyone mostly uses in the industry. The bad thing tho is that they can be pretty pricey tuition can be pretty tough. But where is it not like that these days. Plus theres even Housing and all that. So i hope i helped you in any sort of way. oh yeah, and you can get your degree in less than however long it would take than if you were going to go to a University of blablabla. But do whatever you feel is best. GOOD LUCK!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SWR in Davenport, Florida

38 months ago

Does Disney World actually ever hire from outside of the Company, other than CP roles? I have recently heard that if you are not in the College Program, then they are not even going to look at your application and resume. This information was relayed to me by CM's in the Disney Store at the airport, and also by some CP CM's in Epcot and MK. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I know that there are jobs that have been posted on their site since at least August of 2011, and when you call or e-mail the Casting Center, all they will tell you is that they keep your application on file for 6 months, and if a role comes up that you are qualified for, they may be in contact. Does anyone know of any way to get an application and resume looked at by one of the recruiters?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Hi, I can tell you I got hired at Disneyland 4 years ago after attending a job fair. This job fair was just ahead of a busy season. So the company uses full time, part-time and seasonal employees. A seasonal approach might get you in the door. Another means of getting hired from outside the company is to have experience working within a park. For example, I knew quite a few cast members who had worked at Knotts Berry Farm so they already had exposure in handling large crowds, operating attractions, etc. Another way is to possess a skill or talent that is in demand such as certain computer, animation, acting, singing, dancing and other skills. Even having a unique look or appearance can help some. For example, the casting of Bert(Mary Poppins' friend) requires a male who is around 6' 4" in height whereas to be cast as Mickey or Minnie Mouse, I believe the height limit is 5' 1". I would suggest to keep your application updated. If you know someone there, try to use them as a reference. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.