Do they ask about felonies at an interview for waste management?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

kjk4734 in Mundelein, Illinois

91 months ago

I applied online and they asked if I am ok with them doing an extensive background search and I said yes, then I had to call a number and answer more questions where they asked if I had any felony DUI or DWI convictions in the past 3 years, I said no which is true. But I do have a different felony that is not motor vehicle or violence related. Will I be asked about this? It seemed they were only worried about the DUI stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (84) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

kjk4734 in Mundelein, Illinois

91 months ago

also the job I applied for was landfill laborer not a driving position

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tommy in Chelsea, Michigan

12 months ago

God bless america

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Craig in Snellville, Georgia

8 months ago

kjk4734 in Mundelein, Illinois said: I applied online and they asked if I am ok with them doing an extensive background search and I said yes, then I had to call a number and answer more questions where they asked if I had any felony DUI or DWI convictions in the past 3 years, I said no which is true. But I do have a different felony that is not motor vehicle or violence related. Will I be asked about this? It seemed they were only worried about the DUI stuff.

If you been arrested and not convicted of anything will that stop waste management from hiring you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Burt Lange in Albany, New York

8 months ago

Craig in Snellville, Georgia said: If you been arrested and not convicted of anything will that stop waste management from hiring you.

I think IF any company somehow finds out you were arrested for something serious there's a good chance they will not hire you EVEN if you weren't convicted. It's just human nature.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Burt Lange in Albany, New York

8 months ago

Think about it Craig. 2 candidates. 1 does well at interview and has no arrests and the other does well at interview but was arrested for armed robbery.....but never convicted. Who do you think will get hired here?

What's your felony?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Craig in Georgia

8 months ago

I have know felony conviction. Arrest because somebody used my name. Never new it was on my record until recently. It says charges dropped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.