Waste Management News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 52)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Waste Management stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

J. Smith in Dallas, Texas

89 months ago

Waste Mgt. has been around many years and i see it being around a lot more unless something drastic should take place. It has been through a lot of changes over the years but always came out on top. Waste can go head to head with any competitor i believe. Don't apply though unless you can give 100% and the hours are long and hard. Not exactly a ride in the park!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Bowie, Maryland

89 months ago

I actually have a chance to take a job as an operations trainee, i am wondering if I should take it or not. It seems very demanding especially at first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Marietta, Georgia

89 months ago

Ted in Bowie, Maryland said: I actually have a chance to take a job as an operations trainee, i am wondering if I should take it or not. It seems very demanding especially at first.

It is not demanding at first -- it is demanding ALL THE TIME. Please take a moment to read all the posts about this company. Really think about what you would get yourself into.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Bowie, Maryland

89 months ago

are all these post's about management positions? From what I have read I understand management is treated pretty well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in Mocksville, North Carolina

89 months ago

Ted in Bowie, Maryland said: are all these post's about management positions? From what I have read I understand management is treated pretty well.

No they are not all about management,I found a mechanic position in granite quarry nc and went to the interview only to be told that they weren't actually hiring and from what I've read in these posts this company $#*&$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in Mocksville, North Carolina

89 months ago

Ted in Bowie, Maryland said: are all these post's about management positions? From what I have read I understand management is treated pretty well.

They may treat management good I dont know but the front line people ie(drivers collection people ,mechanics)these people are the ones that can make or break a company.A big degree is nice but EXPERIENCE is how most people pay their bills

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Bowie, Maryland

89 months ago

Well I am getting into management, and nothing I have read is really making me think twice so far.

It is a shame that they treat the "front line" people as they do. But from my persepective, it sounds like I am going to be pretty happy working for them. As everything I have read and heard about getting into management sounds pretty good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Burned in boston in Crozier, Virginia

89 months ago

Dear Ted,

You will fit in well. If you were just a little more mature you would not want to work there. After a while you will be un-hireable because they have such a bad reputation. So even if you dont mind the managemant culture that treats the "front line people" shamefully, in the end you will will hurt your own carear, because people know that they only hire third rate management. So you can look the other way as long as you want, but the awfull conditions you condone will come back to haunt you. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in Mocksville, North Carolina

89 months ago

Ted in Bowie, Maryland said: Well I am getting into management, and nothing I have read is really making me think twice so far.

It is a shame that they treat the "front line" people as they do. But from my persepective, it sounds like I am going to be pretty happy working for them. As everything I have read and heard about getting into management sounds pretty good.

Yah thats what the followers of Jim Jones thought too when he had his followers, I wonder how many of those people wish they had chosen a different path in life.Well god speed in whatever choice you make hope it works out for you in the end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adolf in Shohola, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Well, I know somone who works for WM and guess what!..

They arent hiring anyone but ILLEGAL aliens that walk off the job after half a day of running after the garbage trucks, becuase they are only paying $7.50 an hour.

they would rather go thru mexicans from the temp firms then do the paperwork and hire americans for a respectable wage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Bowie, Maryland

89 months ago

Burned in boston in Crozier, Virginia said: Dear Ted,

You will fit in well. If you were just a little more mature you would not want to work there. After a while you will be un-hireable because they have such a bad reputation. So even if you dont mind the managemant culture that treats the "front line people" shamefully, in the end you will will hurt your own carear, because people know that they only hire third rate management. So you can look the other way as long as you want, but the awfull conditions you condone will come back to haunt you. Good luck.

Not sure why you felt it was necessary to try and insult me, which is kind of funny since it was you who called my immature.

People seem to want to be very critical of how its run, but all I know is that it is a monster of a company who has a strong hold on the industry (that can't be denied no matter how much you hate the company). And everything I hear is how management is paid and treated very well. As I have spoken to 4 or 5 people in management who have said nothing but good things about how they are treated and what it has done for their career. And so far I have not heard anything negative about having a position in management with this company on these boards.

As for your comment "After a while you will be un-hirable because they have such a bad reputation", everything I understand about a management career with this company says the exact opposite. So I wonder how much knowledge you actual have about this topic or if you are just saying anything negative you can think of about a company you obv

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Bowie, Maryland

89 months ago

Adolf in Shohola, Pennsylvania said: Well, I know somone who works for WM and guess what!..

They arent hiring anyone but ILLEGAL aliens that walk off the job after half a day of running after the garbage trucks, becuase they are only paying $7.50 an hour.

they would rather go thru mexicans from the temp firms then do the paperwork and hire americans for a respectable wage.

Not in managment, because I can assure you I am legal in this country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Bowie, Maryland

89 months ago

Jerry in Mocksville, North Carolina said: Yah thats what the followers of Jim Jones thought too when he had his followers, I wonder how many of those people wish they had chosen a different path in life.Well god speed in whatever choice you make hope it works out for you in the end.

Once again I must ask, did you work in management? I already know the answer because you would have said so previously if you did.

I am just trying to find someone who actually had a management role with this company who can say something negative about it. Because all I keep hearing is possitives, and that includes from many of the people on this forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in Advance, North Carolina

89 months ago

Ted in Bowie, Maryland said: Once again I must ask, did you work in management? I already know the answer because you would have said so previously if you did.

I am just trying to find someone who actually had a management role with this company who can say something negative about it. Because all I keep hearing is possitives, and that includes from many of the people on this forum.

what word was it that the person used in one of the other posts oh yah,MATURE!Oh by the way positive only has one(1)s in it .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Bethesda, Maryland

89 months ago

Not even really sure the point of that last post, I guess when you having nothing intelligent to say the best thing to steal a quote from someone else and then correct spelling (which is very odd for someone who isn't exactly a poet with their grammar). And I am the one called imature, this time in bold letters so it muse be true.

Anyway, is there any chance we can get back to the original purpose of this thread?

Does anyone have any experience in Management around here, and if so what is it really like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Marietta, Georgia

88 months ago

Ted,

Even though they treat management well in the company, you will soon find yourself treating all others below you "poorly" -- it's the Waste way! If you have no conscious and don't care about others except those on the same level as you in management, then you will survive. Otherwise, if you get along with all levels, Waste will train you to think otherwise. Best of luck to you ... you will need it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Burned in boston in Bumpass, Virginia

88 months ago

Ted in Bowie, Maryland said: Not sure why you felt it was necessary to try and insult me, which is kind of funny since it was you who called my immature.

People seem to want to be very critical of how its run, but all I know is that it is a monster of a company who has a strong hold on the industry (that can't be denied no matter how much you hate the company). And everything I hear is how management is paid and treated very well. As I have spoken to 4 or 5 people in management who have said nothing but good things about how they are treated and what it has done for their career. And so far I have not heard anything negative about having a position in management with this company on these boards.

As for your comment "After a while you will be un-hirable because they have such a bad reputation", everything I understand about a management career with this company says the exact opposite. So I wonder how much knowledge you actual have about this topic or if you are just saying anything negative you can think of about a company you obv

Dear Ted,

I could have been gentler with the way I wrote to you, you are correct about that. I hope that as time goes by you will care more about the people who work for you and you will,I hope, not have so much of the "but, whats in it for me attitude?" you seem to have now. Thats what I meant when I said "If you where a litle bit more mature..." I just meant when you are older you will care more about other people. When I said you will fit in well I was being sarcastic and honest. But I suspect you are more likely in your twenties than in your forties, so Iam giveing you the benefit of the doubt that some day you will regret working with the losers who I knew in management at Waste Management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

88 months ago

It's a burn 'um and turn 'um world at WMI. They layoff frequently to meet 4qtr Wall street numbers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

facime ahmed in Palm Coast, Florida

88 months ago

Ted in Bowie, Maryland said: I actually have a chance to take a job as an operations trainee, i am wondering if I should take it or not. It seems very demanding especially at first.

Ted,
stop mentally masturbating on wondering if you should take the job or not! Your showing your youth; be a man-it is a job not a tatoo!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Bowie, Maryland

88 months ago

facime ahmed in Palm Coast, Florida said: Ted,
stop mentally masturbating on wondering if you should take the job or not! Your showing your youth; be a man-it is a job not a tatoo!!

hmm, so getting a tatoo is a bigger decision for you than who you work for? I'm almost embarassed for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ape man in Some Place in

88 months ago

You know Ted you are not going to get a lot of respect by insulting people who have actually worked for WM for some time. You must understand that the people that have replied to are you speaking from their point of view of the company and it is not always going to be positive.

I personally have mixed feeling about the company. I really enjoy working with the co-workers in my department and this includes my supervisor. I feel that my department has come a long way from its beginnings. However I do get a feeling of being distant from management that is higher up. Many times I feel that management is out of touch with the people that make the wheels turn. Because of this I feel that management may meet bottom line figures but often will ignore relationships with certain stakeholders. It is the stakeholders such as front line employees that keep the wheels turning. In the long run when people feel like they are being treated like garbage it will effect the bottom line.

Well Ted I wish you luck in your new position with WM. Good or bad it is going to be a learning experience for you. I feel that once you have been with WM awhile you will at least have an understanding of where all these people who make comments about the company come from.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mack D. in Flint, Michigan

88 months ago

ape man in Some Place in said: You know Ted you are not going to get a lot of respect by insulting people who have actually worked for WM for some time. You must understand that the people that have replied to are you speaking from their point of view of the company and it is not always going to be positive.

I personally have mixed feeling about the company. I really enjoy working with the co-workers in my department and this includes my supervisor. I feel that my department has come a long way from its beginnings. However I do get a feeling of being distant from management that is higher up. Many times I feel that management is out of touch with the people that make the wheels turn. Because of this I feel that management may meet bottom line figures but often will ignore relationships with certain stakeholders. It is the stakeholders such as front line employees that keep the wheels turning. In the long run when people feel like they are being treated like garbage it will effect the bottom line.

Well Ted I wish you luck in your new position with WM. Good or bad it is going to be a learning experience for you. I feel that once you have been with WM awhile you will at least have an understanding of where all these people who make comments about the company come from.

This country is notorious for going along with other people getting mistreated UNTIL "it's their ox getting gored "! I have lost ALL faith in big business after putting in Over 20 years as a "team" member of a Fortune 300 company, and getting kicked to the curb when I hit 55. It isn't just WM, it's ANY of these Godless Corps. that worship quarterly reports. Screw them all, and I hope when this economy finally sinks beyond redemption that the pols and every greedy stockholder realize we could have saved it. It's too late now.Get behind the walls of your gated communities, and wait for the inevitable collapse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in Mocksville, North Carolina

88 months ago

Ted in Bowie, Maryland said: Once again I must ask, did you work in management? I already know the answer because you would have said so previously if you did.

I am just trying to find someone who actually had a management role with this company who can say something negative about it. Because all I keep hearing is possitives, and that includes from many of the people on this forum.

You keep saying you are going into management and I think that that is great but don't you have to go to a big college and get a degree for that kind of a job,and if you have a degree should you not be able to spell first or atleast know how to use spell-check on your computer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ape man in Canada

88 months ago

Mack D. in Flint, Michigan said: This country is notorious for going along with other people getting mistreated UNTIL "it's their ox getting gored "! I have lost ALL faith in big business after putting in Over 20 years as a "team" member of a Fortune 300 company, and getting kicked to the curb when I hit 55. It isn't just WM, it's ANY of these Godless Corps. that worship quarterly reports. Screw them all, and I hope when this economy finally sinks beyond redemption that the pols and every greedy stockholder realize we could have saved it. It's too late now.Get behind the walls of your gated communities, and wait for the inevitable collapse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear that one Mack D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ape man in Canada

88 months ago

Mack D. in Flint, Michigan said: This country is notorious for going along with other people getting mistreated UNTIL "it's their ox getting gored "! I have lost ALL faith in big business after putting in Over 20 years as a "team" member of a Fortune 300 company, and getting kicked to the curb when I hit 55. It isn't just WM, it's ANY of these Godless Corps. that worship quarterly reports. Screw them all, and I hope when this economy finally sinks beyond redemption that the pols and every greedy stockholder realize we could have saved it. It's too late now.Get behind the walls of your gated communities, and wait for the inevitable collapse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It happens here too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

88 months ago

Mack D. in Flint, Michigan said: This country is notorious for going along with other people getting mistreated UNTIL "it's their ox getting gored "! I have lost ALL faith in big business after putting in Over 20 years as a "team" member of a Fortune 300 company, and getting kicked to the curb when I hit 55. It isn't just WM, it's ANY of these Godless Corps. that worship quarterly reports. Screw them all, and I hope when this economy finally sinks beyond redemption that the pols and every greedy stockholder realize we could have saved it. It's too late now.Get behind the walls of your gated communities, and wait for the inevitable collapse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes indeed, I worked for 3 Fortune 100-200 Corps. I was downsized, restructured, mergered out of all 3. Got to keep those qtrly reports looking good, as the screw with peoples lives. It will come back to bit America in the end (literally )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Troy in Naperville, Illinois

87 months ago

WHOW!!!!!!!!!
This all sounds so overwhelming.Is this what's it's all about (management) I'm just trying to get my foot in the door and last time I check this is the reality of working any where you have to eat s?%& to make in this world for the quote little people it's no choice. It look like some of you need to grow up. I don't care where you work how you tread your fellow man or woman and your work ethic determine your fate in a company so if WM is so bad welcome to the real world because where ever you work it could be worse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

87 months ago

Troy in Naperville, Illinois said: WHOW!!!!!!!!!
This all sounds so overwhelming.Is this what's it's all about (management) I'm just trying to get my foot in the door and last time I check this is the reality of working any where you have to eat s?%& to make in this world for the quote little people it's no choice. It look like some of you need to grow up. I don't care where you work how you tread your fellow man or woman and your work ethic determine your fate in a company so if WM is so bad welcome to the real world because where ever you work it could be worse.

A philosopher who talks with a gutter mouth and needs to learn to spell, must be a portolet driver.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Troy in Winfield, Illinois

87 months ago

you are quite the philosopher yourself my freind to be downsized,merged,and restructured from 3 fortune 1,2,3 ABC company's that say's alot about your leadership roll good luck. You'll going to need it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Troy in Winfield, Illinois

87 months ago

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California said: A philosopher who talks with a gutter mouth and needs to learn to spell, must be a portolet driver.

you are quite the philosopher yourself my freind to be downsized,merged,and restructured from 3 fortune 1,2,3 ABC company's that say's alot about your leadership roll good luck. You'll going to need it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Once_Wasted Twice_Shy in California

87 months ago

Leadership role ? who said anything about a 'leadership' role ? You continue to show you a*s........its unattractive so pull up your pants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Silver Spring, Maryland

87 months ago

Well, I just starting working with WM for and although it is very demanding so far I must say I recommend it. I have basically lived out of a hotel for the last month and will continue to do so for another 8 or 9 at least. But I have been treated very well so far and the benefits are awesome.

I have only been there a little while but its pretty obvious that if your willing to work, you will do very well. If you just want to coast, this is not the place for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Silver Spring, Maryland

87 months ago

I also should say that I now understand why there is turnover with this company. Because anyone can do the job. It takes little skill, just a lot of hard work. If your not willing to put in the hours and do the work its very simple to find someone who will.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sunnydayz in Winfield, Illinois

87 months ago

Once_Wasted Twice_Shy in California said: Leadership role ? who said anything about a 'leadership' role ? You continue to show you a*s........its unattractive so pull up your pants.

Now who has the gutter mouth you are so predictable it's shameful a person can be so lost WM REALLY WHIPPED YOU to have such an attitude. I'll pull my pant's up as soon as you let'em go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sunnydayz in Winfield, Illinois

87 months ago

Ted in Silver Spring, Maryland said: I also should say that I now understand why there is turnover with this company. Because anyone can do the job. It takes little skill, just a lot of hard work. If your not willing to put in the hours and do the work its very simple to find someone who will.

Thanks for the comment that was very helpful to me. That's what I see here in illinois. it just take a little hard work and determination and you will thrive here.I asked around and all the workers plus management are pretty happy of course there are problem's but what company big or small that doesn't have problems overall. Do your eight plus hour's and you can go back home simple.

Thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Just Interviewed in Virginia Beach, Virginia

87 months ago

Hmm, not sure what to make of all these comments. I just interviewed a couple hours ago and heard what most are saying. This company demands hard workers. The person I interviewed with was up front about the hours, and made it a point to say over and over again that a dispatchers position was very stressful and not for the faint of heart! Maybe I got a good one...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in Mocksville, North Carolina

87 months ago

Ted in Bethesda, Maryland said: Not even really sure the point of that last post, I guess when you having nothing intelligent to say the best thing to steal a quote from someone else and then correct spelling (which is very odd for someone who isn't exactly a poet with their grammar). And I am the one called imature, this time in bold letters so it muse be true.

Anyway, is there any chance we can get back to the original purpose of this thread?

Does anyone have any experience in Management around here, and if so what is it really like?

who cares about poetry,Oh I'm sorry you said you were going in to management,for a moment there my brain quit functioning(that means working for you management types) I would get into this spelling and grammar argument but I wont fight an un-armed person

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

87 months ago

Sunnydayz in Winfield, Illinois said: Now who has the gutter mouth you are so predictable it's shameful a person can be so lost WM REALLY WHIPPED YOU to have such an attitude. I'll pull my pant's up as soon as you let'em go.

Goodness please don't tell you have red hair and will momentarily bust out singing "Tomorrow"
Sunnydayz what a charming handle, I assume you wear rose colored spectacles too, carry on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sunnydayz in Winfield, Illinois

87 months ago

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California said: Goodness please don't tell you have red hair and will momentarily bust out singing "Tomorrow"
Sunnydayz what a charming handle, I assume you wear rose colored spectacles too, carry on.

Whow!!!!!!!!!!!

brubambi0yarder (you again?) as alway's your wrong my looks is quite the opposite but flattery will get you no where.
it must be the food in california because everyone has Paris Hilton syndrom. I quess you don't understand sarcasim. I guess that's why you can only get by in a 100-200 fortune company whatever that means stick to what you know and let real people talk about real issue's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cjn in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

Why is everyone scared of a bit of hard work? At every company there is such a thing as the "boys club". Nobody who works hard, puts in the hours and is truly dedicated to making something of themselves is going to get walked on.

Work hard = membership to the boys club.

Think about sports stars...They train morning, noon and night, have a limited social life but show TRUE dedication to becoming the best they can. Low and behold, they get good results.

Waste management must be doing something right with a $19bn turnover.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

81 months ago

cjn in Phoenix, Arizona said: Why is everyone scared of a bit of hard work? At every company there is such a thing as the "boys club". Nobody who works hard, puts in the hours and is truly dedicated to making something of themselves is going to get walked on.

Work hard = membership to the boys club.

Think about sports stars...They train morning, noon and night, have a limited social life but show TRUE dedication to becoming the best they can. Low and behold, they get good results.

Waste management must be doing something right with a $19bn turnover.

Spoken like a true PR Rep for WM, 19bn turnover rate, lol , wonder what their employee 'turnover'rate is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cjn in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

Haha. Good comment. I'm not, however, a PR Rep, but having re-read my post, it DOES sound like it I guess. Not sure what the turnover is, but the reason I got the job there was due to 3 people being promoted. My manager promoted one guy after 6 months of being an inside sales rep to a slaes manager. Not bad really.

Every job has ups and downs, thats all I can say. I wouldn't fancy lifting the trash, selling the service is fine though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

new bee in Little River, South Carolina

63 months ago

Ted in Bowie, Maryland said: I actually have a chance to take a job as an operations trainee, i am wondering if I should take it or not. It seems very demanding especially at first.

What is the hourly rate for a new WM driver that has a B cdl in North Carolina?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ray in Pinehurst, North Carolina

62 months ago

new bee in Little River, South Carolina said: What is the hourly rate for a new WM driver that has a B cdl in North Carolina?

I am a rear end loader with WM in NC. I say stay away from this company. They do not treat their employees well. I make $13.00 hr. and I am on a residential truck. I was offered at the interview $13.00 hr. and in 01/09 I would move up to 15.50 hr. When 01/09 came up my Route Manager started making up reasons why he could not give me the money discussed at the interview. This happens often. At least in my district it does. The pay also depends on if you are hourly or incentive. Even the incentive drivers are not getting their promised raises.
Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ray in Pinehurst, North Carolina

62 months ago

I drive a rear end loader ( Correction to above reply)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

breaksg1 in Brandon, Florida

62 months ago

man I wish i was getting paid by the hr instead of getting paid by the day :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

New Bee in Little River, South Carolina

62 months ago

Thanks, this helps and if they make me a offer by the hour, I will make sure I get something in writting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ray in Pinehurst, North Carolina

62 months ago

New Bee in Little River, South Carolina said: Thanks, this helps and if they make me a offer by the hour, I will make sure I get something in writting.

Good Luck to you. As long as your DM is not Kathy then you may be alright. I know WM just lost a lot of accounts in SC and they just got fined $15000 dollars for not keeping up their end of a contract they have with the town of Southern Pines(NC). They actually closed a shop in SC and a few of the drivers now have to drive an hour to work up here in Pinebluff NC. It is a mess here out of the Pinebluff shop. All due to the RM Paul McCrimmon.

My advice would be to move on away from WM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

gval nj in Harrison, New Jersey

59 months ago

Mack D. in Flint, Michigan said: This country is notorious for going along with other people getting mistreated UNTIL "it's their ox getting gored "! I have lost ALL faith in big business after putting in Over 20 years as a "team" member of a Fortune 300 company, and getting kicked to the curb when I hit 55. It isn't just WM, it's ANY of these Godless Corps. that worship quarterly reports. Screw them all, and I hope when this economy finally sinks beyond redemption that the pols and every greedy stockholder realize we could have saved it. It's too late now.Get behind the walls of your gated communities, and wait for the inevitable collapse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so agree with you.As they said in my hometown,we are like the sugar
cane that we cut,after you squeeze it we are just bagasse(sugar cane mash),disposable.Tha's why i have no loyalty for any company.It's just
a job,get your paycheck and go home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.