How to get a job at Waste Management.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 117)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Waste Management? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

joe fitterer in Faribault, Minnesota

91 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Waste Management? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I got my job with no experience, I knew someone in the human resources office. Thats how you get jobs nowdays.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

Withheld in Fredericksburg, Virginia

90 months ago

High stress, long long hours and constant changes. This is the atmosphere at Waste Management. If you are not willing to give up your entire personal life, dont accept employment. They pay well, great benefits but consume your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (102) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in Advance, North Carolina

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Waste Management? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Yea look for a real company thats actually hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in Mocksville, North Carolina

89 months ago

ray battle in Richfield, Wisconsin said: looking resadant colleters in il with wm
i have a class b with airbrakes

what did you say!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

robnaz in palmdale lancaster

86 months ago

driver class a hazmat tanker samie trailer indorsment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Jack Stepongzi in Tampa, Florida

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Waste Management? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I found a glich in the Waste Management system and have contacted them about it. All the onsite ads take you to their HR website which only hires blue collar jobs. All the upper end jobs must be dealt with at the district office. It is hard to get into the office because the people at the desk think all the jobs have to go through the WM website and they don't. Just look at how long they have been advertising some positions and you will know they have a glich in their process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Biggs in Lambertiville, Michigan

86 months ago

Name Withheld in Powder Springs, Georgia said: This is an absolutely terrible company to work for! They treat their employees -- especially non-management like the trash they pick up.

For such a large organization, this company is so mismanaged, unorganized and chaotic. The turnover is extremely high and the culture is very high stressed. If you value your health, DO NOT apply to this company -- you will regret it!

This is the sad truth about Waste Management. This company has found a way to turn such a remedial task such as waste removal into rocket science. I have been with Wasted Management now for 15 years as of this September. I just received my lovely "made in China" 10 year anniversary pin. I suppose I'll get the 15 year pin on my 20th anniversary. I used to be proud to say I was employed by the best company in the industry.....not so much any more. I have 24 years in this industry and I have to say this company has lost touch with it's roots. I have a Devry wanna be that's never seen the cab of a truck telling me how to do my job. I recently filed a complaint with thier integrity ethics division. They say it's anonymous. The crooked HR department discussed my complaint with management before they discussed it with me and threw me to the lions by giving management my name. As the senior driver in my department I am still being made to pay for my complaint. They say the postal service is high stress. They have nothing on anyone employed by this company. Their slogan "Think Green" should be "Think Green when it's convenient" or just plain "Think Brown". The way my division is going these days days,we will soon be thinking blue or another color. They can't keep doing business the way they have been for the last several years. Want proof call their customer service center and pose as a customer. Don't "Think Green" think about another company for employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

terward in baltimore, Maryland

82 months ago

My husband worked for wm for years and they found a way of firing him after his foot was broken on the job.
he was denied unemployment stating that it was (preventable).
they treated him like a slave as well. the story don't change only the location. here in md, they had him working from 4am to 2pm the next day, sometime longer than that. no lunch breaks were taking at all most days.
and when he got a new car, i guess they felt he was making too much money, they sent him to front end and took his pay down a whole 6 dollars.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Agent One in Lambertville, Michigan

82 months ago

terward in baltimore, Maryland said: My husband worked for wm for years and they found a way of firing him after his foot was broken on the job.
he was denied unemployment stating that it was (preventable).
they treated him like a slave as well. the story don't change only the location. here in md, they had him working from 4am to 2pm the next day, sometime longer than that. no lunch breaks were taking at all most days.
and when he got a new car, i guess they felt he was making too much money, they sent him to front end and took his pay down a whole 6 dollars.

As far as the no lunch breaks go, check this out. tdu.org/node/1126

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

PCbuilder in PNW, Oregon

80 months ago

I think a lot depends on which location of WM you work at. I have heard there is a high turnover rate at the WM location just 30 miles from me but at the location where I am employed the rate is much lower. I work 4 days (10 hours per day) and get 3 days off (Sat, Sun, Wed). I have more time off and with family than most people do who work a regular 9-5 M-F job. Starting pay is just a bit under $20/hr and benefits are good. I do my job in the way it is suppose to be done and I do it in a safe manner. That way I stay safe and the big wigs stay happy. I don't believe these type of forums have a lot of merit as it seems that the majority of posters are the ones that have a bone to pick with a company or have a chip on their shoulder. Not just talking about WM but other companies that are discussed here as well.

Like most jobs...it's what you make of it. Have a good attitude, work hard, work safe and follow company policy and things flow a lot smoother. Also it's really not that hard of a job. Moving some cans/dumpsters around is the most physical part and even thats not that bad. Try working a shovel in a ditch for 8 hours straight or taring a roof. This job is easy compared to many blue collar positions.

-out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

suzy in Saint Louis, Missouri

78 months ago

I worked at the WM in STL. They have a large turnover because the staff is completely inept. Every day I saw a new face.
Supervisors do not own up to mistakes they make and instead point fingers at their employees. Communication skills of supervisors are minimal at best. Training for your position is limited, this is if you receive any at all. There is a high amount of nepotism at WM and if you don't click with the right people your job is on the line. You are better off at a different company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Agent One in Lambertville, Michigan

78 months ago

Inept is a perfect choice of words for WM staff. A former car wash manager for a supervisor, a former Fed-Ex route manager for a DM. The later of the two never having seen the cab of a truck, much less held a CDL or picked up a sac of trash. Corporate mandate is slang for miles and miles of red tape or "Think Green" tape. As far as communication skills or lack of, simply the result of the every manager for himself mentality. The who's gonna take the heat for the latest screw up on the morning conferance call? Always the hot question of the day. The most consistant thing at WM the inconsistancy. This company lost touch with it's roots and employees years ago!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

77 months ago

Agent One in Lambertville, Michigan said: This company lost touch with it's roots and employees years ago!

Boy if that isn't the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Agent One in Lambertville, Michigan

77 months ago

Thw WM Customer Service Center has the highest turnover rate of all WM positions. I have witnessed the customer service center in action. It is unorganized and very high stress. Little training of relevance to the job at hand. If you get the gig. Please remember to pay close attention to screen 3! Read the notes! The Service center manager in my market area passes the blame of his/her screw ups on the service reps. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jazz H in Montebello, California

65 months ago

Mesha83 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I applied for a customer service position on their website and received an email today to call in and interview with one of the recruits. I wanted to check this site to see what is said about this company. After reading these post, I dont know if I want to still apply but I am soooooo desperate for a job. I will let you all know what happens.

How did the interview go? And if you did get the job- IS IT REALLY all that bad?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jobhunter in Prospect Heights, Illinois

64 months ago

Mesha83 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I applied for a customer service position on their website and received an email today to call in and interview with one of the recruits. I wanted to check this site to see what is said about this company. After reading these post, I dont know if I want to still apply but I am soooooo desperate for a job. I will let you all know what happens.

Hi did you get the job? If yes can you please tell me how it is? i have an interview tomorrow for a CSR position and i would love some advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mesha83 in Charlotte, North Carolina

64 months ago

jazz H in Montebello, California said: How did the interview go? And if you did get the job- IS IT REALLY all that bad?

I never interviewed with the company. I called to set up an interview after I got the email and I was told that someone would call me if they were interested. I never received a call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mesha83 in Charlotte, North Carolina

64 months ago

jobhunter in Prospect Heights, Illinois said: Hi did you get the job? If yes can you please tell me how it is? i have an interview tomorrow for a CSR position and i would love some advice!

I never interviewed with the company. I called to set up an interview after I got the email and I was told that someone would call me if they were interested. I never received a call.

Good luck on your interview!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jazz H in Montebello, California

64 months ago

I had my last phone interview but the lady that interviewed me was basically asking me WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK HERE WHEN ALL WE PAY IS 13.50 TO START.
I make 18 right now but she didnt have to say it in the way she did!
I was amazed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Agent One in Lambertville, Michigan

64 months ago

jazz H in Montebello, California said: I had my last phone interview but the lady that interviewed me was basically asking me WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK HERE WHEN ALL WE PAY IS 13.50 TO START.
I make 18 right now but she didnt have to say it in the way she did!
I was amazed!

It was a trick question. You were supposed to tell them how you aspired to be just like them. And that you just wanted to be part of the team. WM managers and people of position with no people skills. And lack of knowledge of the industry. It's a company wide problem. Blah! Blah! Blah! Sorry though!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jobhunter in Prospect Heights, Illinois

64 months ago

jazz H in Montebello, California said: I had my last phone interview but the lady that interviewed me was basically asking me WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK HERE WHEN ALL WE PAY IS 13.50 TO START.
I make 18 right now but she didnt have to say it in the way she did!
I was amazed!

I wonder if that is all they pay out here in their Chicago office. I had a phone interview today and they said i qualify for a second phone interview but there weren't any appt's available. What does that mean???? Oh well, I guess I wait and see, I make more than 13.50/hr too so that won't work for me anyway! I will keep you all posted...that's if they even call me back for a 2nd interview....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Agent One in Lambertville, Michigan

64 months ago

One thing on the WM positive, though they are very few between. They do have great benefits. Keep that in mind. So if your more than 13.50/hr does not have a great insurance? You might want to consider. WM insurance is money on top of the 13.50/hr. Then again theres that high WM turnover!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Trucker in Homestead, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

They definitely do NOT pay well. If you're a driver and want to make REAL money, get your doubles and hazmat and go to Con-Way, PJAX/Vitran, UPS, or FedEx!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wastedmanagement in Rochester, New Hampshire

63 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Waste Management? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in? If you like being treated like crap then w/m is the place to go,the so called management has no clue as to what they are doing. I worked there for 6 years and it is by far the worst place I ever worked. when management tells you something, you know it's a lie.it's one of those places where you have to kiss butt, if your not one of the good old boys then forget it your out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jane whitaker in monroe, New Jersey

60 months ago

i am seeking employment in scale operator or scrap inspector i'm a hard worker and i know i can do the job. if you have anything or an opening i'll send you my resume if your interested. i do have 25yrs experience and the pay is flexable.thank you.my e-mail address is coolncranky@aol.com. wherever you have a opening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

fastbenzo in Savage, Minnesota

47 months ago

PCbuilder in PNW, Oregon said: I think a lot depends on which location of WM you work at. I have heard there is a high turnover rate at the WM location just 30 miles from me but at the location where I am employed the rate is much lower. I work 4 days (10 hours per day) and get 3 days off (Sat, Sun, Wed). I have more time off and with family than most people do who work a regular 9-5 M-F job. Starting pay is just a bit under $20/hr and benefits are good. I do my job in the way it is suppose to be done and I do it in a safe manner. That way I stay safe and the big wigs stay happy. I don't believe these type of forums have a lot of merit as it seems that the majority of posters are the ones that have a bone to pick with a company or have a chip on their shoulder. Not just talking about WM but other companies that are discussed here as well.

Like most jobs...it's what you make of it. Have a good attitude, work hard, work safe and follow company policy and things flow a lot smoother. Also it's really not that hard of a job. Moving some cans/dumpsters around is the most physical part and even thats not that bad. Try working a shovel in a ditch for 8 hours straight or taring a roof. This job is easy compared to many blue collar positions.

-out

you just have a easy route and a buddy in management ....be real

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

PCbuilder in PNW, Oregon

47 months ago

fastbenzo in Savage, Minnesota said: you just have a easy route and a buddy in management ....be real

Amazing that you think you know me and my route from the earlier post I made. In fact I don't have a "buddy" in management...I avoid them as much as possible. You know...keep a low profile. As far as an easy route, well that's all relative now isn't it. What might be an easy route to one person might seem difficult to another. It all depends on what a person is use to and what they perceive as "easy".

There is one job that you would definitely be BAD at fastbenzo in Savage, Minnesota and that is being a Psychic because what you determined about me is 100% wrong.

Keep guessing and good luck to you and your career...as long as it doesn't involve a deck of tarot cards and a glass ball.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jerrykant in Tempe, Arizona

45 months ago

I was talking to the Hr and she hung up on me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jose in Phoenix, Arizona

44 months ago

Does anyone know what this job pays and if it's worth applying for?
Proactive Inside Sales Rep

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

job seeker in Southfield, Michigan

44 months ago

u

jobhunter in Prospect Heights, Illinois said: I wonder if that is all they pay out here in their Chicago office. I had a phone interview today and they said i qualify for a second phone interview but there weren't any appt's available. What does that mean???? Oh well, I guess I wait and see, I make more than 13.50/hr too so that won't work for me anyway! I will keep you all posted...that's if they even call me back for a 2nd interview....

Had second interview followed up no response, was looking forward to it but not sure now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

44 months ago

Jose in Phoenix, Arizona said: Does aanyone have an idea what a "sales specialist" can expect to make?

I'm thinking right in the door...$38-40K

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Carlos Hernandez in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

Trucker in Homestead, Pennsylvania said: They definitely do NOT pay well. If you're a driver and want to make REAL money, get your doubles and hazmat and go to Con-Way, PJAX/Vitran, UPS, or FedEx!

What is your doubles? and hazmat? and how do you get those?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

43 months ago

Carlos Hernandez in Los Angeles, California said: What is your doubles? and hazmat? and how do you get those?

I believe he is talking about " double"-tractor trailers, and Hazmat training-so you can haul hazardous loads >big money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jose in Phoenix, Arizona

42 months ago

I applied for a Public Sector Sales Rep.
Does anyone have any feedback on this position or what it pays?
Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

john wagner in Rochester, Michigan

38 months ago

If I could explain every detail about my experience at wm you would not want to work there. I was there for over a year and it was the worst i have ever been treated at any job and if you watched undercover boss that is exactly not how it is I worked in the north florida market in venice florida where the district manager is known for all the wrong reasons and in my twenty years of driving trucks I never have seen worse trucks the pay is not near what it should be and the benifits are not what you have heard and it is a corporate culture where the front line people are always in the wrong .
and on a personel note I was fired for attendance the very day I was released from work comp for an injury as far as i am concerned the upper management is filthy like garbage and I only hope that they get what they deserve one day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

djcaples

36 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Waste Management? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I worked for Waste Management for 10 years and then they just eliminated my position. I was in Operations and even traveled to other sites to relieve their dispatchers, etc. when they needed time off. I busted my butt for this company and they did not appreciate it at all!! I would not recommend working for them at all. They treat their employees like dirt!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wastedmanagement in Rochester, New Hampshire

36 months ago

Amen brother, I worked there for 6 years and they treat the trash better than they treat the employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

fastbenzo in Savage, Minnesota

36 months ago

PCbuilder in PNW, Oregon said: Amazing that you think you know me and my route from the earlier post I made. In fact I don't have a "buddy" in management...I avoid them as much as possible. You know...keep a low profile. As far as an easy route, well that's all relative now isn't it. What might be an easy route to one person might seem difficult to another. It all depends on what a person is use to and what they perceive as "easy".

There is one job that you would definitely be BAD at fastbenzo in Savage, Minnesota and that is being a Psychic because what you determined about me is 100% wrong.

Keep guessing and good luck to you and your career...as long as it doesn't involve a deck of tarot cards and a glass ball.


easy ...because your a resi boy...try commercial swing drivin..i see you resi boys fall flat on your face when attempting that job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

StarvnMarvin50@Gmail.com

36 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Waste Management? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Well now day is different have to use your computor online to set up on Resume to get in and also have to use phone call out of state take four time to get an interview ask too many Question what one guy told me at the gas station he got in with no experience he work there now four month or better now as residental Driver i have twenty five year experience with different company in the past with clean record so on Felt like discrimated againt from this company need to communicated with us Better than that Short and simple now day come on need good Driver like us Right there you go there too many turn over now day so on What your feedback Hello

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rcl85 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

35 months ago

fastbenzo in Savage, Minnesota said: easy ...because your a resi boy...try commercial swing drivin..i see you resi boys fall flat on your face when attempting that job!

Whatever, truck driving isn't what it used to be, garbage truck drivers work for there money, sounds like you are another steering wheel holder, or seat warmer. The old boys of truck driving are long gone, the majority of what's left are rejects, who couldn't check their own oil, without calling a service truck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

golfgod00 in Wichita, Kansas

33 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Waste Management? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

apply online, takes about a month before you get an offer and than another 2 weeks after that because of background and all that, think I applied a month ago and just now starting on jan 30th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

golfgod00 in Wichita, Kansas

33 months ago

gasman in Union City, New Jersey said: I applied from an ad on craigs list. I completed an online application and remitted an online resume. They contacted about 2.5 to 3 weeks later asked me to come in for an interview, I completed the interview, and about another 3 weeks past and I recieved a second call if I could come in for a second interview, I came in, they offered me a position and me respond to a medical office for a drug test and physical, gave a packet and welcomed me aboard. That was a week and half ago. They called me tonight to report to Trenton, NJ for training on Monday, I guess it has been a 2 month process at least so far. I think he said I'll spend the week training then I guess it's official start time after that.

goodluck!.......I start Monday jan 30th, it will be new to me, been driving for fedex the last 5years working for contractors and it sucked with no benefits so I look forward to working for a company again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gasman in Union City, New Jersey

33 months ago

golfgod00 in Wichita, Kansas said: goodluck!.......I start Monday jan 30th, it will be new to me, been driving for fedex the last 5years working for contractors and it sucked with no benefits so I look forward to working for a company again.

goldgod00.. Training has been going well, infact our trainer is also a past Fed Ex emplyee. Friday will complete the training, Thursday & Friday will be hands on I believe, Actually driving and pre-tripping and learning the on-board computer I believe. We have already been notidified to report to Fairview depot (Not our home depot) on Saturday to work, I guess we'll be riding along and working for some hands on experience, hey it's Saturday and time and half, it's ok by me.. Good luck to you also, so far it seems to be a good job. Waste Management has spared no expense in our training and really emphasizes safety first and foremost. I think we are incharge of our destiney and it should be what we make it? at least I hope. Again, Good luck to you. Be well

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

gasman in Union City, New Jersey

33 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Waste Management? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I completed Training today in Trenton, The instructor was a teriffic guy, spent allot of time with us. It is instantly obvious that Waste Management spends a great deal of money and time on training it's new employees. We had 3 days of class room and 2 days of hands on. Safety is the first and foremost concern. I like that, I have a family to return to every night. I owned my own bussines for over 30 years, I was very cautious and had allot of concerns for working for someone else, but I think this is going to work out well. I start Monday at my home terminal in Hillsdale. I'm looking forward to a good experience. Thanks and good luck all, I think Waste Management will prove to have been the correct choice.. Be safe All..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

gasman in Union City, New Jersey

33 months ago

gasman in Union City, New Jersey said: I completed Training today in Trenton, The instructor was a teriffic guy, spent allot of time with us. It is instantly obvious that Waste Management spends a great deal of money and time on training it's new employees. We had 3 days of class room and 2 days of hands on. Safety is the first and foremost concern. I like that, I have a family to return to every night. I owned my own bussines for over 30 years, I was very cautious and had allot of concerns for working for someone else, but I think this is going to work out well. I start Monday at my home terminal in Hillsdale. I'm looking forward to a good experience. Thanks and good luck all, I think Waste Management will prove to have been the correct choice.. Be safe All..

I applied from Craigslist, then was directed to the Waste Management site to complete an application. Be saue to take your time and complete the application fully, CDL Class A endorsements will get better attention I am sure then the B's.. but send along a resume of your experience and your past work history, the more information you have the better chance of a call back. Good luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

golfgod00 in Wichita, Kansas

33 months ago

gasman in Union City, New Jersey said: I applied from Craigslist, then was directed to the Waste Management site to complete an application. Be saue to take your time and complete the application fully, CDL Class A endorsements will get better attention I am sure then the B's.. but send along a resume of your experience and your past work history, the more information you have the better chance of a call back. Good luck...

I got on with a Class B, they put me in Residential, start monday, not sure how long training will be, guess I will find out. I only went in for 1 interview beside the phone screening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

golfgod00 in Wichita, Kansas

33 months ago

gasman in Union City, New Jersey said: I completed Training today in Trenton, The instructor was a teriffic guy, spent allot of time with us. It is instantly obvious that Waste Management spends a great deal of money and time on training it's new employees. We had 3 days of class room and 2 days of hands on. Safety is the first and foremost concern. I like that, I have a family to return to every night. I owned my own bussines for over 30 years, I was very cautious and had allot of concerns for working for someone else, but I think this is going to work out well. I start Monday at my home terminal in Hillsdale. I'm looking forward to a good experience. Thanks and good luck all, I think Waste Management will prove to have been the correct choice.. Be safe All..

glad it went well for you, hope It goes well for me lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gasman in Union City, New Jersey

33 months ago

golfgod00 in Wichita, Kansas said: glad it went well for you, hope It goes well for me lol

I'm sure it will. Good to hear you got the call. If you got the call for training your already in. That means you passed your drug and alcohol screening and unless something unforseen happens you should have the job. Is your area Union? As long as you pay attention and do as asked> You should be fine. Good Luck and be safe..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

golfgod00 in Wichita, Kansas

33 months ago

gasman in Union City, New Jersey said: I'm sure it will. Good to hear you got the call. If you got the call for training your already in. That means you passed your drug and alcohol screening and unless something unforseen happens you should have the job. Is your area Union? As long as you pay attention and do as asked> You should be fine. Good Luck and be safe..

Yep I'm in, passed everything, they sent me today to get my boots and start monday. i'm going to be residential driver,rear load, my area isn't union, all i know is i start at $13.50 and $14.00 after 90days. I'm hoping my training is short, I like to work on my own lol......so have you been getting any overtime?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.