trying and trying to get a job at Wegmans

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

josh hammond in Canandaigua, New York

73 months ago

My ame is Josh, i live near Rochester, in Canandaigua, NY. I have applied several times for wegmans, i applied online for an overnight position for stock and someone from Human Resourses called me and i had a phone interview. i recieved a letter in the mail saying my quilifications were impressive were unable to offer me encouragement of employment at this time. (this month i got this). i decided i should apply at my closest store to me (the paper applicaion) and put my resume in it this time (i didnt do that the other time i applied the paper way, hoping maybe the resume MIGHT help.) i also figured i put this in thursday the 24th by the time they get this applicaion reviewed and call me or however they do it, college kids will be leaving so they will need more people (by mid-late auguest.) I put in my applicaion that i have to give my current emplyer 2 weeks notice, because i work for Tops Markets. Does anyone have any advice on how else i can try and get in there? is there a good posibility i can get in even though i am working at tops right now? i applied for a cashier position becasue thats what i currently do at tops. please , advice, comments would help me, i REALLY REALLY want to work at Wegmans.

Thank you,
Josh Hammond

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deb1 in Pennsylvania

63 months ago

Good luck my husband had two interviews so far for the new store in Collegville. Not sure how many you go through before they offer a job.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mylesgray in Rochester, New York

28 months ago

It's been a while. Not sure if you still want the job or not, but for anyone who stumbles on this thread... It took me 2 times at different locations to get a job offer with Wegmans. Having prior background at Tops is a major boost to the application, but the interview makes or breaks your chances. Assuming the store you're applying at has the same hiring practices as a Rochester store, it's safe to say they're not so much looking at your qualifications (though that's important too) as your mannerisms and attitude throughout the interview. The idea is to shine off as a people person, so it's important to be as positive and friendly as possible for the entire interview. They asked me if I ever worked at Wegmans before. I made a joke about working as a Department Manager at the Strong Museum Wegmans as a kid. You don't necessarily need to say that, but a joke really does break the ice in an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.