No response after initial interview?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

bizlady13 in Columbus, Georgia

15 months ago

I am so confused as I'm trying to figure out what exactly is going on with the job I applied for at WellPoint. I applied on Aug 1st, had initial interview 10th, and was told I'll hear back within 7-10 days, and today is 28th, I sent a follow-up inquiry letter to talent acquisition which was acknowledged that it was forwarded to the person handling this job position a week ago, aug 21st. Now, its 28th, still no communication whatsoever from WellPoint and I'm stuck trying to figure out what this all is suppose to mean. Am I to take a hint that they're not interested? Or are they so busy that they just can't possibly find time to reach out to me yet? Anyone have experience with WellPoint, works there, or knows someone who can give me some insight? I was really hopeful about this job and my spirit is getting crushed with each passing day. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but I was realllllllly looking forward to this job. Is this their way of saying forget about it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

sedtransfer in Chicago, Illinois

15 months ago

I have been hired by WellPoint 2x and have interviewed for about 5 positions there. A delayed response means nothing. It could mean they are too busy, or that they are not interested, or that they have decided not to fill the position. My only advice would be to keep looking and not wait on them getting back to you. One time they actually sent me a "Sorry, you aren't being considered any longer" letter about 2 months after I had been hired for that position and was working at the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

bizlady13 in Columbus, Georgia

15 months ago

Thanks, I've been doing just that, started looking at other places but still hoping to hear back from them. I was expecting to hear back especially after sending a follow-up to them, but nothing (yet).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lilredridinghood in Decatur, Georgia

12 months ago

did u ever hear back from well point. I went through the same issue only to find out my file was overlooked!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dh in Valrico, Florida

12 months ago

lilredridinghood in Decatur, Georgia said: did u ever hear back from well point. I went through the same issue only to find out my file was overlooked!!

Yes, 2 months later!!! i received an email that the position i applied for is no longer available. However, i already moved elsewhere and found a job so it didn't break my heart much anyway. Good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

simonrunner@yahoo.com in Ventura, California

8 months ago

bizlady13 in Columbus, Georgia said: I am so confused as I'm trying to figure out what exactly is going on with the job I applied for at WellPoint. I applied on Aug 1st, had initial interview 10th, and was told I'll hear back within 7-10 days, and today is 28th, I sent a follow-up inquiry letter to talent acquisition which was acknowledged that it was forwarded to the person handling this job position a week ago, aug 21st. Now, its 28th, still no communication whatsoever from WellPoint and I'm stuck trying to figure out what this all is suppose to mean. Am I to take a hint that they're not interested? Or are they so busy that they just can't possibly find time to reach out to me yet? Anyone have experience with WellPoint, works there, or knows
who can give me some insight? I was really hopeful about this job and my spirit is getting crushed with each passing day. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but I was realllllllly looking forward to this job. Is this their way of saying forget about it?

You are not the only one ,I went to an interview on 2/28/14 scheduled by my staffing agency .I was told by the hiring supervisor whithin a week ,She will come back to me ,She never did .I know the training for the customer service position started
on March 23rd. Be aware there many people who had worked on temporary basis for WellPoint in the past are applying for customer service positions again,The have an advantage over candidates who have no knowdlege of this company's culture, because is less costly for then to re-train then.However, there no reason for then to be unprofessional and notify candidates of their final decision. Unfortunately,this is an employer's market
which has the tendency to disregard professional manners.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mirstro2@aol.com in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania

7 months ago

I am an Rn in Pa. I am seeing all these comments, so is it not even worth wasting my time to apply for this job in another state?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.