Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

stifmyster in Saint Paul, Minnesota

53 months ago

Hi everyone, I recently was offered a position a teller position at wells fargo. I am really nervous about the new finger printing system. Does anyone know if they do a national search or statewide search when they run your prints?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nnnn in Apopka, Florida

40 months ago

haileygirl said: I recently applied for a teller job with wells fargo. they did a finger printing on me about 3 days ago. 27 years ago i was finger printed for writing a bad check but was never charged with the offense and it is not on my record. does anyone know if this will prevent me from getting job?

yes, the if the bank is FDIC insured, they will be fined a million dollars a day for every day you worked=if the charge had anything to do about money (theft, bad checks, etc...)they will not hire you unless you get a section 19 waiver from the FDIC which states that you're allowed to work for any banks (they won't proceed w/ the fines if you received a job at a bank)...since it's been so long since you've received the charge and you haven't received any other convictions since then, you would be a great candidate...trust me you will get the approval...although i heard the process is a hassle but well worth it...just read the previous cases on the FDIC website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nnnn in Apopka, Florida

40 months ago

you do realize the FBI shows everything even arrest dates, sealed and expunged cases

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

des8mon

40 months ago

I just got a offer for a teller position...but I got a charger for contributing to a minor having them out after curfew....will that stop me from getting a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nnnn in Apopka, Florida

40 months ago

des8mon said: I just got a offer for a teller position...but I got a charger for contributing to a minor having them out after curfew....will that stop me from getting a job

I got a DUI, and was still hired w/ Chase bank, just as long as you're honest about it and it does not have to deal w/ a breach of trust (theft, or anything money related) than you will be perfectly fine...I promise you that, i can bet on that that's how sure I am. Let us know how it goes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

WF Newbie in Georgia

40 months ago

nnnn in Apopka, Florida said: you do realize the FBI shows everything even arrest dates, sealed and expunged cases

They absolutely do not show expunged cases....not sure where you got your information. An expunged record means it's gone...erased, and you don't have to report it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nnnn in Apopka, Florida

40 months ago

Ummmm....Do you realize what shows up on an FBI background check?? Evidently NOT! do your homework, before you run your mouth...and I do know what an an expunged/ sealed record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

WF Newbie in Georgia

39 months ago

nnnn in Apopka, Florida said: Ummmm....Do you realize what shows up on an FBI background check?? Evidently NOT! do your homework, before you run your mouth...and I do know what an an expunged/ sealed record.

Folks, speaking from experience as someone who has been hired (recently) with WF...and I DO have something expunged on my record....it doesn't show up. Don't listen to this kid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KJH in North Las Vegas, Nevada

39 months ago

I am glad Wells Fargo is strict on criminal convictions when hiring.

When tellers are caught stealing or embezzling funds, there is no way to track their movements, other than their criminal convictions.

Most recently, I was in a bank in south Los Angeles and conducted a withdraw from my checking account for $400.00. I always make a habit of immediately going to the ATM machine outside the WF bank and check my balance. Can you believe it? There was $400.00 missing from savings. The teller I used apparently withdrew an additional $400.00 from savings account at the same time she was doing the checking withdraw for me and probably thought I would miss that or become confused. I immediately went inside and pulled a bank manager aside and reported my findings and provided the withdraw and ATM slip. There was alot of rushing around inside and they asked me to go inside an office to provide a statement. They asked me to review their video tape of the teller and I transacting earlier and profusely appologized. They were very polite and brought me coffee and a snack while we waited for a security person and manager to meet. I was reimbursed the money back into my savings and left.

So, that is why they go to the trouble of careful screening and why I have done banking with WF for more than 20 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sue in Carson, California

30 months ago

WF Newbie in Georgia said: They absolutely do not show expunged cases....not sure where you got your information. An expunged record means it's gone...erased, and you don't have to report it.

hi, will you reveal what type of conviction you got expunged?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jcampbell954 in Montrose, Colorado

20 months ago

WF Newbie in Georgia said: They absolutely do not show expunged cases....not sure where you got your information. An expunged record means it's gone...erased, and you don't have to report it.

they DO show expunged records and juvenile records, and FBI search shows everything. Expunged wont show up on a standard background check but most certainly will on an FBI check

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

candy in Montgomery, Alabama

12 months ago

I did my fingerprinting today, and I am worried that a arrest will come up from DEcember 2010, where I was questioned about my ex-husband cashing a check from fraud of 2005, the case was dismissed and closed in February of 2011, but will it come up on FBI printing, I wasn't finger printed or anything.. just arrested by US marshalls, with no convictions.. please help.. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rde in Arizona

12 months ago

jcampbell954 in Montrose, Colorado said: they DO show expunged records and juvenile records, and FBI search shows everything. Expunged wont show up on a standard background check but most certainly will on an FBI check

Jcamp is correct. FBI searches will show expunged records. Expunged records don't show up on regular backround checks. I know this for a fact since i have gone through an FBI background check for a security clearance for a government company i worked for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rde in Arizona

12 months ago

candy in Montgomery, Alabama said: I did my fingerprinting today, and I am worried that a arrest will come up from DEcember 2010, where I was questioned about my ex-husband cashing a check from fraud of 2005, the case was dismissed and closed in February of 2011, but will it come up on FBI printing, I wasn't finger printed or anything.. just arrested by US marshalls, with no convictions.. please help.. thanks

The easiest way to find out is call the police station you were brought into and give them your info and ask if it shows up in their system or if you went to court you can look up the courts name online or call the court and tell them your situation to find out if it's in their system.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

12 months ago

Rde in Arizona said: Jcamp is correct. FBI searches will show expunged records. Expunged records don't show up on regular backround checks. I know this for a fact since i have gone through an FBI background check for a security clearance for a government company i worked for.

They "may" show up on positions involving "the public trust" as well. School teacher, airline pilot, police officer, etc.

I worked as a stockbroker and they ran one on me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.