Background check question?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

nervoussss in Aberdeen, Washington

16 months ago

A week ago I had an in person interview at Wells Fargo, they really liked me and said they would call back soon to let me know if I got the job. I'm really concerned because two years ago I was with my friend (who I'm not friends with anymore) when she got caught shoplifting at the mall. I didn't take anything, but they accused me of giving her my things when we walked out and charged me with shoplifting as well. My sister works for a lawyer and she was furious and in court after my situation was explained they dismissed my charge. I was never convicted, and the charge was dismissed, but will this affect my chance at employment still? Will they give me a chance to explain before they just cancel my chance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Debra in Minneapolis, Minnesota

15 months ago

no worries! dismissed means no issue - this is America, people can sue or say whatever they want. . . Good luck!

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

nervoussss in Aberdeen, Washington said: A week ago I had an in person interview at Wells Fargo, they really liked me and said they would call back soon to let me know if I got the job. I'm really concerned because two years ago I was with my friend (who I'm not friends with anymore) when she got caught shoplifting at the mall. I didn't take anything, but they accused me of giving her my things when we walked out and charged me with shoplifting as well. My sister works for a lawyer and she was furious and in court after my situation was explained they dismissed my charge. I was never convicted, and the charge was dismissed, but will this affect my chance at employment still? Will they give me a chance to explain before they just cancel my chance?

No. They are just looking for convictions.

Remember what Ted Bundy said when he was asked "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?"

Bundy said, "Convicted? No, never convicted". He got the job.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.