Does Wells Fargo do pre-employment drug testing for Tellers?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Davaadtron in California

77 months ago

I recently applied to Wells Fargo online and went through the 1-800 Number screening for the teller position. They called me this morning and scheduled an appointment with a recruiter.

I was wondering what happens during that appointment. Is it an interview?
And I'm also wondering if they do pre-employment drug tests. Don't say "they probably do," I want to hear it from somebody who has worked there and knows for sure.

I need to know if I need to quit smoking Marijuana and detox for a few weeks or not. Please don't try to give me crap about smoking or try and debate whether or not the company should drug test; I just want to know if they do. Yes or no, period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Luke54 in Long Beach, California

77 months ago

Dude, first like I tell my boy... If you want a job you really shouldn't be smoking, it's just common sense. Second naw they don't pre drug screen test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (64) Reply - Report abuse

Davaadtron in California

77 months ago

Well yeah, it's common sense not to smoke during the job hunting process, but I want to be sure just in case there is any residual THC in my system that I'm unaware of.

But even so, I'm extremely punctual; I never come to work late and I never just don't come to work, and I'd never be high on the job because I personally feel like that wouldn't be professional of me. I feel that I can still smoke in moderation and be responsible about my job, so I'm glad that Wells Fargo doesn't pre drug test because they're not going to have any problems with me if I end up working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

MamaC625 in carnegie, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

Davaadtron in California said: I recently applied to Wells Fargo online and went through the 1-800 Number screening for the teller position. They called me this morning and scheduled an appointment with a recruiter.

I was wondering what happens during that appointment. Is it an interview?
And I'm also wondering if they do pre-employment drug tests. Don't say "they probably do," I want to hear it from somebody who has worked there and knows for sure.

I need to know if I need to quit smoking Marijuana and detox for a few weeks or not. Please don't try to give me crap about smoking or try and debate whether or not the company should drug test; I just want to know if they do. Yes or no, period.

Did you ever find out if they perform Pre Employment Drugs Test to work for Fells Fargo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jumpin in Meriden, Connecticut

33 months ago

Anyone care to update this? The last update was over a year ago!

I just finished my interview with the branch and store manager for a Teller position and I'm curious if I will be drug tested in the background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tommy in Ontario, California

33 months ago

I just did a background check with fingerprinting but no drug test! I am still waiting on my results and its been over a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anjelmanning in Broomfield, Colorado

33 months ago

1000%. Smoke up. Just don't mix your highness with your work, you don't wanna be that guy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Gilbert, Arizona

25 months ago

Are there anymore updates on this? Does fingerprinting at Fist Advantage include a drug test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Renatodd in Santa Barbara, California

24 months ago

Does anyone know the answer to this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hyfrmathews in Clute, Texas

22 months ago

I am going thru the hiring process right now. I've only had to do the finger printing and the background check. I just sent an email to my recruiter asking about drug screening but she hasn't gotten back with me. I don't have any drugs in my system but I just wanted to know if that was yet another step I'd have to go thru before I can finally start working. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Anniieboii in Garden Grove, California

3 months ago

hyfrmathews in Clute, Texas said: I am going thru the hiring process right now. I've only had to do the finger printing and the background check. I just sent an email to my recruiter asking about drug screening but she hasn't gotten back with me. I don't have any drugs in my system but I just wanted to know if that was yet another step I'd have to go thru before I can finally start working. Good Luck!

So have you found out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fight For Your Rights in California

3 months ago

First American does drug test, they take blood.
Even for office positions.

Just a heads up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

beeks in League City, Texas

2 months ago

I'm going thorough the wells fargo hiring process right now and would like to know if its true if they drug test because i take meds that show up as "controlled substances" for weight loss and ADD. If they do drug test i need to know so i can get my prescriptions from my doctor, so they don't think i take that stuff for fun. All they have said at the interviews is that they do a background check and credit check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.