Interview tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 378)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

prateek gupta in San Jose, California

81 months ago

Hi

I have a Wells Fargo job interview for teller position on 1 October, 2008. This is my first bank interview, and I am very nervous about it. I heard they organize Group Interview.
If anybody help me out with expected questions and the interview details with details, I will be really thankful to you all.
Reply soon My email address is setpratwet@yahoo.com
Thanks
Prateek

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Okay in Oakland, California

81 months ago

How much the personal banker get paid?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

prateek gupta in San Jose, California

81 months ago

I guess somewhere around 11 to 13 buck per hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Okay in Oakland, California

81 months ago

How much the personal banker get paid

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Okay in Oakland, California

81 months ago

Why do some people apply for personal banker instead of teller? What do personal banker do that teller don't do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Okay in Oakland, California

81 months ago

If the personal bankers get paid $11 or $13, why do people want to apply for personal banker position instead of teller? Do personal bankers have more responsibities?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Okay in Oakland, California

81 months ago

Why do people apply for personal banker instead of teller if the money they get don't much that much different?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Okay in Oakland, California

81 months ago

What position did you apply for? and do you have any advice I should say or not say?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jjohnsonCO in Colorado Springs, Colorado

81 months ago

Well for those of you applying for any of the banking related jobs (Teller, Personal Banker, Loan officer,etc) the best advice is to emphasize your selling skills and skills related to selling (customer service, listening, diagnosing a problem and presenting solutions). Above all, show your initiative in this area. For example, if you set your own sales goals, or went above and beyond what was required for a sale.

In the end, remember this IS a sales job, not a customer service job. Yes you should have some customer service abilities too, but they want sellers above all else.

The commissions and bonuses for your sales are all right from what I saw. I think they are going more towards individual rather than store wide goals now too, which I think is more fair. I don't see why if you signed up 100 accounts and Joe Schmoe only signed 2, you shouldn't receive your bonus.

Anyhow, I'm on the accounting side now, so don't know too much about what's going on with the banking side anymore. But I did interview for that stuff last month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Okay in Oakland, California

81 months ago

When they ask you "why do want to work for Wellsfargo? or why should I hire you? what would be a good answer for this one?

Thanks a lot for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

leeKah in Rapid City, South Dakota

81 months ago

Does anyone know what a PB makes in the Denver area???
Thank you guys for all the comments, this has been super-helpful!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jjohnsonCO in Colorado Springs, Colorado

80 months ago

I've heard about $12 as a base, with commissions and bonuses on top of that (assuming you are good at financial sales).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bradly in Oceanside, California

78 months ago

hey guys i just got finished with my interview today, and i was wondering how long does it usually take for the interviewers to call back reguarding weather you got the job or not? i feel like i did a good job, haha a little shakey but over it was good. the interview process was intimidating, everyone looked like professionals, and u have to remember that all eyes are on you haha. but just suck it up and do what u gotta do, be yourself, show them good qualitites!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jay winters in Beaverton, Oregon

78 months ago

can anyone please tell me the 1800 #, i had it but lost it, i need to call them to complete the phone screening, thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bradly in Oceanside, California

78 months ago

jay winters in Beaverton, Oregon said: can anyone please tell me the 1800 #, i had it but lost it, i need to call them to complete the phone screening, thanks!!

go ahead n send me your email, JAY WINTERS i have the number, but this site wont let me post the number up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

78 months ago

Hey every one i was offered a job with wells farfo 2 weeks ago, they said they were waiting on my background check, but i been here in united states for two and half years, so they need to do international background check do any one know how long it take it's been around 7-8 days. and how does that work. when shuld i expect a call from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

78 months ago

Bradly in Oceanside, California said: hey guys i just got finished with my interview today, and i was wondering how long does it usually take for the interviewers to call back reguarding weather you got the job or not? i feel like i did a good job, haha a little shakey but over it was good. the interview process was intimidating, everyone looked like professionals, and u have to remember that all eyes are on you haha. but just suck it up and do what u gotta do, be yourself, show them good qualitites!

They call when they are done with all the interviews one of my friends gt call a week after, but i gt call the same day but i will suggest you to give them a call back to see ur status it really work do that way, rather than waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

78 months ago

Hey everyone. I had done both group interview and the interview with the 3 managers and they said they would get back to me shortly. A week after my interview (still no call) I called and was told that my interviewer was on vacation and I should hear back on Monday (today). I haven't got a call yet and am starting to get really nervous so I was just wondering in anyone out there had any advice. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

78 months ago

Reener in San Jose, California said: Hey everyone. I had done both group interview and the interview with the 3 managers and they said they would get back to me shortly. A week after my interview (still no call) I called and was told that my interviewer was on vacation and I should hear back on Monday (today). I haven't got a call yet and am starting to get really nervous so I was just wondering in anyone out there had any advice. :)

I am at same Position i been waiting for them almost over two weeks, i am waiting for background check, they offered the job i was hoping to get call today but i didn't. I am getting nervous too. i know it didn't help you but just letting you know u r not the only one, my managers r on vacation too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

78 months ago

kulsoom in Fresno, California said: I am at same Position i been waiting for them almost over two weeks, i am waiting for background check, they offered the job i was hoping to get call today but i didn't. I am getting nervous too. i know it didn't help you but just letting you know u r not the only one, my managers r on vacation too.

Thank you :) it does help a little. Do you think they would do a background check without asking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

78 months ago

Reener in San Jose, California said: Thank you :) it does help a little. Do you think they would do a background check without asking?

Did they took your social security than they might,They took my social security and some other datas and ya one form of ID ,but believe me if they choose some one else they would have emailed you, but they didn't so u have a chance.Just donot leave ur present job as I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

78 months ago

Reener in San Jose, California said: Thank you :). I don't have a job. Actually this would be my first job :) But i did deny an offer because of this one haha. And thank you. I've been checking my email for a rejection mail and like you said still none. So I am just waiting.

As for the background check info, they haven't asked me for any info. So I guess they can't be doing that :) So I'll just keep waiting. Maybe call back in a couple of days.

Thank you again =)

Ha Ha thts allright :) I will do the same I am planning to call on 1st of jan, I will keep writing here though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

78 months ago

Sounds great :). Keep me updated haha.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

77 months ago

Reener in San Jose, California said: Sounds great :). Keep me updated haha.

U know what i am starting tommorow :)woooohooooo now i know international background check take 3 weeks and 4 if itis holiday season mann what a relief. wats up with you did u get the call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

kulsoom in Fresno, California said: U know what i am starting tommorow :)woooohooooo now i know international background check take 3 weeks and 4 if itis holiday season mann what a relief. wats up with you did u get the call.

I actually haven't got the call yet and I tried to call and the lady wasn't in the office. So I'm still waiting...we'll see +) Congratulations on geting the job :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

I didn't get it. Somehow they say I didn't pass the "initial" screening, even though I had 2 different interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

77 months ago

OHHH, U know what i applied at 8 places than gt this one. u can apply again but let me tell you what one of friends did she caled in when she gt rejected and asked what qualities she lacked for job. than after 2 months they called her and higher her for another opening. If u want u can try it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

You know what I don't get though? Why would they call it "initial" screening when it was 2 interviews already. Because I would think that initial would mean the first one but not after the 3 managers interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

77 months ago

Reener in San Jose, California said: You know what I don't get though? Why would they call it "initial" screening when it was 2 interviews already. Because I would think that initial would mean the first one but not after the 3 managers interview.

Hmm, Okay in my case two people interviewed me at the same time. And tht was it, but i did applied for teller may be tht is why. If u want i can ask some one at my work about the whole process. What position did you applied for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

I applied for teller. First I had a group interview where there was 8 people interviewed by a recruiter or head of the recruitement. And then I had my second interview where 3 managers interviewed me. And a lot of people here posted that after that interview you are pretty much guaranteed a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

77 months ago

That is strange. I mean i think every place have it's own process. Call them and ask them what qualities you lacked it will lead a good impression it do work. And in my case i was the only one interviewed there was one girl before me and they had another one after me. but i did not had gp interview or anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

I replied to their email that I just got. Asking which qualities I lacked. Here is the email I got:

Thank you for your interest. We value the time you've taken to share your background and experience with us. The initial screening indicates there was not a match between your background and our needs.

You will be eligible to reapply 6 months after your original screening date. Until then, we encourage you to explore other opportunities with Wells Fargo by visiting our careers site at www.wellsfargo.com/careers. The online profile you created has been stored. If you elected to have your profile status "Searchable," we may contact you if your background fits our ever-changing needs. So, please keep your information current.

Thank you again for your interest in Wells Fargo. We wish you success with your career pursuits.

Sincerely,

Wells Fargo Recruitment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

77 months ago

Ohh OKAY it is 7:48 so wells is closed and recruiters are gone home this is an automated message. what u gt is an rejection email tht was what i gt in my previous application. If i would be you i will personally call. You donot have to. You seem pretty smart u can get another job for sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

Where should I call though? I have that 1-800 number that they sent in the initial email and then I also have the number of a personal recruiter. And if it's an automated message why would they take so long to automatically send it haha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

77 months ago

WELL when u applied there has to be an the store name and location. As u were screening for job at that store. google it and find the local store number. Call and ask for manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

77 months ago

This was what i gt like 3 days from my present job interview. Believe me no recriter have time to ans each and every messege unless it is buiseness wise it was automated.
Thank you for your interest in the Teller: 30 HRS position with Wells Fargo. We appreciate the time you've taken to share your background and experience with us.

After careful consideration, we have selected a candidate whose qualifications more closely match the requirements of this position.

We encourage you to explore other opportunities with Wells Fargo by visiting our careers site at www.wellsfargo.com/careers. The online profile you created has been stored. We welcome you back anytime to search for jobs of interest to you. If you elected to have your profile status "Searchable", we may contact you if your background fits our ever-changing needs. So, please keep your information current.

We appreciate your interest in Wells Fargo and wish you success with your career pursuits.

Sincerely,
Wells Fargo Recruitment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

kulsoom in Fresno, California said: This was what i gt like 3 days from my present job interview. Believe me no recriter have time to ans each and every messege unless it is buiseness wise it was automated.
Thank you for your interest in the Teller: 30 HRS position with Wells Fargo. We appreciate the time you've taken to share your background and experience with us.

After careful consideration, we have selected a candidate whose qualifications more closely match the requirements of this position.

We encourage you to explore other opportunities with Wells Fargo by visiting our careers site at www.wellsfargo.com/careers . The online profile you created has been stored. We welcome you back anytime to search for jobs of interest to you. If you elected to have your profile status "Searchable", we may contact you if your background fits our ever-changing needs. So, please keep your information current.

We appreciate your interest in Wells Fargo and wish you success with your career pursuits.

Sincerely,
Wells Fargo Recruitment

See for you they said they chose someone else. For me they just typed something that didnt make much sense. The location I applied for was "San Jose" so I don't have a specific store. My application just said San Jose

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

77 months ago

Oh OKAY than i am confused, when i went to provided wells site i selected california, central valley, fresno it than gave me all the positions opened in the fresno. and when u click the job it do give you the store location also tht is how i know where i was applying. May be you did different way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

I went to their website, clicked careers, and did what you did, but for some reason they did not have the specific locations. However, before my phone interview I did fill out the online thing and I selected the location inside Safeway in San Jose. But they did not ask me about htat location specifically at any of the interviews..they've always said San Jose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

kulsoom in Fresno, California said: Oh OKAY than i am confused, when i went to provided wells site i selected california, central valley, fresno it than gave me all the positions opened in the fresno. and when u click the job it do give you the store location also tht is how i know where i was applying. May be you did different way.

After you got that email, you called them back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

77 months ago

Okay THE email was for one of the locations called kingscanyon so ya i did called them, but luckily i gt call from other location in 3 days. But last week i did get call from kings canyon location too for another interview, tht is why i feel pretty sure it works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kulsoom in Fresno, California

77 months ago

Okay now i am not trying to push you to do it, but If u want the location u went for interview, should be a wells fargo location, in my area they always call people for interview in location where they hire. u can ask there where u did interview. ofcourse if it was not a phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

See I was interviewed (from what I understood) from the general headquarters (type of thing) which is actually located in downtown for us. I went to that location 2 times. But the thing I'm thinking is that I'll call the 1-800 number and ask about their general interview process and stuff to find out what they meant by "initial" and then maybe find out where to call from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

unixphone in SF, California

77 months ago

I just applied wells fargo teller position.
I applied online and completed online screening. I called the 800 number and had a phone interview. He told me that they will contact me shortly. Shouldn't he tell me the group interview date?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

He will probably tell you after he calls you back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

hellyvin in Hayward, California

77 months ago

Hey Reener. Can you give me some info about the questions they ask you in the second interview with the three managers. I have my interview tomorrow and wanted to know what to expect. If you can give me some info that would be great. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

unixphone in SF, California

77 months ago

so umm.. I know it has only been 2 days.. but I would like to know what am i suppose to do if they did not call me back for group interview.
The 888 number and press 3 to speak with the recruiters?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

unixphone in SF, California said: so umm.. I know it has only been 2 days.. but I would like to know what am i suppose to do if they did not call me back for group interview.
The 888 number and press 3 to speak with the recruiters?

You could try that..unless they said when they'd get back to you. If they didn't say then yes go ahead and call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reener in San Jose, California

77 months ago

hellyvin in Hayward, California said: Hey Reener. Can you give me some info about the questions they ask you in the second interview with the three managers. I have my interview tomorrow and wanted to know what to expect. If you can give me some info that would be great. Thanks!

One manager will ask you about customer service, the other about sales and I forget what the other one asks about. But it's not a hard interview just sell yourself and be confident.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

solo175 in Atwater, California

77 months ago

Hey, I applied to a teller position online on monday, and they sent me an email saying they would send me an email within 24 hours so that I can go through online screening and then get a phone interview. It's been two days and I havent received anything. I called the recruitment call center and they said they would call me within 24 hours because there was no third party recruitment available. I really want this position, but is this normal or has anyone else heard of this?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.