Interview tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 378)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

hellyvin in Hayward, California

76 months ago

Is it one on one with each of the managers or is it all three asking you questions at once?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

unixphone in SF, California

76 months ago

hey guys.. it has been 5 days after the phone interview and Wells Fargo has not called me yet. Do you guys think I should call the 800 number and ask? They told me that they will contact me short and be prepare to check my email and voice messages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sid polam in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

i had a question regarding my resume. I just graduated from college with a masters degree and was applying for teller positions to sustain my self till i find a full-time job in my field. In my resume i included part-time work that i did for my Uncle and he used to pay me informally. Can i include this because i am concerned that it may not show up in the background check. Thank you for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

It will only show up if you paid tax... I personally will include it and put family business in the resume. Of course, I will inform them I work there for free or something.

jackie34r in Corona, California

76 months ago

Hey all! After a long and difficult process, I finally have a group interview this afternoon. This forum has really helped but I'm still a bit nervous. Wish me luck (if anyone is still on this thing) :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

unixphone--call again. honestly, after my phone interview, they gave me the group interview information right then and there and its possible that your answers didn't satisfy their expectations. BUT, take it from me, it is very worth it to call again after a few days to follow up. Try even getting the number of your region's recruiter. Persistence pays off with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Nice! I called them and they said I probably need to wait 7-12 more days for the "face to face" interview. I guess we don't have enough people or something. I wish you luck and please let us know how it went?

76 months ago

wtf I just received an email saying that they got someone who is has more qualification than me. They just told me yesterday that they will interview me asap... Shall I call them?

76 months ago

Firstly, I just got back from my group interview and there are some things that were not mentioned on here that might be helpful. The recruiter gave us all an "applicant profile" sheet that had questions like..."what was your last job like", "what schooling have you done or are you doing", "are you bilingual", and "what makes you unique?" There were two other simple questions that weren't even tough, more like an application. She also gave us another paper basically asking the questions she was going to have us answer out loud and there were only two! (greatest customer service experience, time you set a sales goal and accomplished it). Long story short, we were able to work on all of the questions, write them down, and further gather our thoughts before we actually started. I was fortunate to have gotten a recruiter who made the interview very relaxed but there weren't nearly as many questions as I had expected. It went great!

Unixphone, to this day, i still dont understand their entire hiring process. From the surface, it looks like your answers weren't "right" in the phone interview. The recruitment center is like a customer service center. They only know what is in the system so if they told you something one day, it might not mean a thing. If I were you, I would call your recruiter and see what they can do for you or at least find out where you are in the hiring process because after the phone interview is the group interview and that's when you really have your foot in the door. Let me know how it goes and be persistent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I just called them and they scheduled me a group interview this coming Monday at Oakland. Thank you for your informative posst. Maybe they are changing hiring questions or something. I'm really excited.

I read the email; it says we need to bring salary history and places you lived in 10 years../ do we actually need those?????

76 months ago

thats great! I am so excited for you, Wells Fargo is a great bank (to me) and I'm glad it took you much less time than my 4 months lol. Funny how that happens though. Those e-mails are ridiculous. Anyway, my recruiter didn't ask for those things but you do need to know your past addresses for the background check authorization. Congrats!

76 months ago

Update:
I got a call today from the service manager that was at my group interview and she basically wanted to offer me the position at her branch. I'm driving out there tomorrow to meet the manager and see if the drive is doable (they like their employees to be local). That was fast though :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Nice! I hope I will do well.. All you did was group interview? Do you think I should bring a laptop?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

You will do fine. As many have said, that's the time to sell yourself and the recruiters there are looking to get a feel for your personality and if you'd be a good fit. My recruiter point-blankly said that she would be paying close attention to our speaking skills if that helps. There will be no need for a laptop, trust me. I brought my notebook and some questions and I didn't touch them once. I got lucky--the service manager that accompanied the recruiter at my group interview happened to have an opening and she got to see first hand how I did in the interview so I guess she was impressed ;) I am meeting with the her and the branch manager tomorrow so I am considering that as a final interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

good luck on your meeting and please let me know how it goes. Wells Fargo just called me and reminded me I have interview this coming Monday. I didn't receive it earlier because it's an international caller I'd. I guess they outsource it to India or something.

Hey ummm Wells Fargo is a domestic bank right? I am trying to think of a good answer on "why wells fargo and not B of A?" question

76 months ago

I have just completed the group interview. I think I did pretty good on the three questions, but not so well on the presentation. (my partner insist that we don't need to do the "act" and I do not want to argue...)
Nevertheless, I was told that the next interview will meet three managers about customer services, sales, and appliance. (if I pass)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

poonamsubudhi in BLOOMINGTON, Minnesota

76 months ago

Hi,
i am having interview on monday...so can i know what was the presentation about....can u plz send some interview questions also...thanks in advance....

lilula in Erie, Colorado

76 months ago

Hello,
Unixphone
I am having my group interview on Tuesday and I am very nervous too, I would like to know more about what the presentation, do you have to make a presentation? about what? please tell me about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Hmmm - strange that you even had a presentation because we didn't. We weren't told that we would have another interview with three managers either, just straight to the branch for an interview there but good luck! Let me know if you pass. As far as my little situation, it was actually an interview and not a "meeting" but the service manager sure didn't make it sound like that lol! It's okay though because I came prepared. Once I was there however, they were mainly concerned if my personality would fit in with their branch which is a big thing at a branch interview (from my experiences). They will be letting me know if I get the job by the end of this week!

76 months ago

The presentation was pretty east. You just need to play an act with your partner. I'm sure everyone will do fine.

Hey jackie
Can you be more specific on the questions he or she asked? I'm really nervous and would like to have a core idea...

76 months ago

In my interview with the branch or my group interview?

76 months ago

Branch interview.. thanks

Kinnari Mehta in Portland, Oregon

76 months ago

I have a group interview with wellsfargo....can anyone help me as to what they ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Kinnari, if you read through this forum, you will find tons of possible questions.

unixphone, my interview there was a bit different considering that the service manager that interviewed me at the branch (along with another manager) was at my group interview so honestly, it was more laid back and they already knew me and my friend worked there ;) Nonetheless, I had to do a mock sales presentation of the calculator on the desk. They also asked about my work experience, school/career goals, and the "what makes you different" question. That was pretty much it, they did most of the talking.

Kinnari Mehta in Portland, Oregon

76 months ago

Thank you so much....

76 months ago

unixphone in SF, California said: The presentation was pretty east. You just need to play an act with your partner. I'm sure everyone will do fine.

Hey jackie
Can you be more specific on the questions he or she asked? I'm really nervous and would like to have a core idea...

Hi unixphone,
Thanks for ur reply....But can i know some specific info about the presentation..(like what is it about)..it will be help full for us ....i have no idea about the group interview....thanks

lilula in Colorado

76 months ago

unixphone in SF, California said: The presentation was pretty east. You just need to play an act with your partner. I'm sure everyone will do fine.

Hey jackie

Thank you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

poonamsubudhi, towards the end of page 3, you'll find my very lengthy recount of the group interview I experienced. Apparently, they really differ. I didn't have to do a presentation. Hope that helps!

76 months ago

jackie34r in Corona, California said: poonamsubudhi, towards the end of page 3, you'll find my very lengthy recount of the group interview I experienced. Apparently, they really differ. I didn't have to do a presentation. Hope that helps!

thanks jackie for ur quick reply...thanks a lot....

76 months ago

Well, the presentation was an act. You and your partner (one is teller and one is a customer) will do an act. For example, you suggest a existing customer to get a CD or something. Seriously, it is an easy task. Don't even think about it. I had a difficult time because my partner insisted that we do not need to act and I do not want to argue with her.... I am not trying to blame her; i just want you to know I had an extreme case.

75 months ago

I have just posted this on the personal banker thread, but I hope someone here can answer me too.

Hi guys
I graduated from my university(with economics degree) last month and I plan to be a licensed personal banker.
I am interested in the personal banker trainee program in Wells Fargo. I fear I am not qualify for that position yet.

Can someone tell me what does "successfully pass the Security Industry Assessment" means?

My goal is achieve series 7 and series 66, but it seems like I need someone sponsor me or something.
I applied Wells Fargo teller position, but I doubt they will sponsor me for getting series 7 and 66.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cyntcris in Hayward, California

75 months ago

hi unixphone.
I also had an interview that same day.

I'm trying to remember if she said she would get back to us in a few days???
because I think I remember her saying that the next part of the interview process would be on thursday (tomorrow?)
she said that if she didnt call us with information about the interview that we would receive an email saying that we werent qualified for the job.... i havent recieved a phone call or an email :/
i'm just wondering if youve recieved any sort of notification?

75 months ago

Small world.. hey .. do u think I did ok or bad on the group interview? You are the WM personal banker?
Anyway, I believe she said it will take 3 days. I don't think she mentioned any Thursday interview..She did say we will be notify..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Are you the one that said you want to have a career in Wells Fargo and you graduated from San Jose?
If so I think you did a very good job in the group interview and the fact that you added that WF is one of the only banks that is doing fairly well in our economic state.

No I'm not the WM personal banker. I'm the double major student that goes to cal state east bay. I used to work at Mervyn's

75 months ago

heh ya. I'm that guy. I remember you did pretty well on your sales goal example. Hopefully, we will get hire and train together.

75 months ago

unixphone in SF, California said: Well, the presentation was an act. You and your partner (one is teller and one is a customer) will do an act. For example, you suggest a existing customer to get a CD or something. Seriously, it is an easy task. Don't even think about it. I had a difficult time because my partner insisted that we do not need to act and I do not want to argue with her.... I am not trying to blame her; i just want you to know I had an extreme case.

Hi unixphone,
thanks for ur reply...

75 months ago

Yes hopefully.

I still haven't heard anything back from the recruiter or WF... Have you gotten a call or anything?

75 months ago

I called and the lady was really. She told me it will take 7 days or so. I ask her some questions and ended up interviewing me on the person banker position (applied but never completed :P ). She said I passed and Wells Fargo will send me an email for personal banker position group interview. I don't know this is great or not. But, I will try my best.

75 months ago

What number did you call and who did you talk to?

Oh wow that's great because that's the position you were interested in right?

75 months ago

Ya I really want to a personal banker.
I called the 888 number, the number I receive phone interview.
I don't remember who did I talk to, but it was a recruitment center.

75 months ago

Hi,
I have a question...do i need to wear a blazer for group interview or just a formal dress (for girls)....??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

racecarguy in Elk River, Minnesota

75 months ago

I would wear a blazer...with that you can never go wrong.Where and when are you interviewing?

75 months ago

racecarguy in Elk River, Minnesota said: I would wear a blazer...with that you can never go wrong.Where and when are you interviewing?

Hi,
i am having interview tommorow...at wayzatz.....

75 months ago

racecarguy in Elk River, Minnesota said: I would wear a blazer...with that you can never go wrong.Where and when are you interviewing?

tomorrow at wayzata minnesota...do u have interview for tomorrow ? Can i know where?

75 months ago

I was asked for a salary expection on my phone screen.I am doing the group interview this month.I stated between $60-65k and the phone screen person did not say anything.If I am fortunate to go all the way through this process will someone tell me the slary expection is too high? I don't want to waste their time or mine if they are not willing to go that there.Please advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

for what position u r applying.

75 months ago

I have a BS degree and I am applying for a banker position. I have over 15 years in sales also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

racecarguy in Elk River, Minnesota said: I have a BS degree and I am applying for a banker position. I have over 15 years in sales also.

i have no idea about that but i applied for teller job and expecting 25k......

dawknezz in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

hey guys i just got a call today from a branch manager at WF, and they just asked me to come in for an interview right off the back. they didnt mention anything about it being a group interview? should i assume that it will be a group interview?

75 months ago

Don't assume anything.If you had not had a phone screen this may either be a branch store manager screening you or the actual group interview.In either case be preparred.If you want you can call the manager and ask what do you need to being(resume,salary history,references...)if he/she says to bring all that then it is a group interview.Especially if you have to bring more than one copy of your resume.Good Luck.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.