Interview tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 391)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

poonamsubudhi in BLOOMINGTON, Minnesota

72 months ago

unixphone in SF, California said: Well, the presentation was an act. You and your partner (one is teller and one is a customer) will do an act. For example, you suggest a existing customer to get a CD or something. Seriously, it is an easy task. Don't even think about it. I had a difficult time because my partner insisted that we do not need to act and I do not want to argue with her.... I am not trying to blame her; i just want you to know I had an extreme case.

Hi unixphone,
thanks for ur reply...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cyntcris in Hayward, California

72 months ago

Yes hopefully.

I still haven't heard anything back from the recruiter or WF... Have you gotten a call or anything?

unixphone in SF, California

72 months ago

I called and the lady was really. She told me it will take 7 days or so. I ask her some questions and ended up interviewing me on the person banker position (applied but never completed :P ). She said I passed and Wells Fargo will send me an email for personal banker position group interview. I don't know this is great or not. But, I will try my best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

What number did you call and who did you talk to?

Oh wow that's great because that's the position you were interested in right?

72 months ago

Ya I really want to a personal banker.
I called the 888 number, the number I receive phone interview.
I don't remember who did I talk to, but it was a recruitment center.

72 months ago

Hi,
I have a question...do i need to wear a blazer for group interview or just a formal dress (for girls)....??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

racecarguy in Elk River, Minnesota

72 months ago

I would wear a blazer...with that you can never go wrong.Where and when are you interviewing?

72 months ago

racecarguy in Elk River, Minnesota said: I would wear a blazer...with that you can never go wrong.Where and when are you interviewing?

Hi,
i am having interview tommorow...at wayzatz.....

72 months ago

racecarguy in Elk River, Minnesota said: I would wear a blazer...with that you can never go wrong.Where and when are you interviewing?

tomorrow at wayzata minnesota...do u have interview for tomorrow ? Can i know where?

72 months ago

I was asked for a salary expection on my phone screen.I am doing the group interview this month.I stated between $60-65k and the phone screen person did not say anything.If I am fortunate to go all the way through this process will someone tell me the slary expection is too high? I don't want to waste their time or mine if they are not willing to go that there.Please advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

for what position u r applying.

72 months ago

I have a BS degree and I am applying for a banker position. I have over 15 years in sales also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

racecarguy in Elk River, Minnesota said: I have a BS degree and I am applying for a banker position. I have over 15 years in sales also.

i have no idea about that but i applied for teller job and expecting 25k......

dawknezz in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

hey guys i just got a call today from a branch manager at WF, and they just asked me to come in for an interview right off the back. they didnt mention anything about it being a group interview? should i assume that it will be a group interview?

72 months ago

Don't assume anything.If you had not had a phone screen this may either be a branch store manager screening you or the actual group interview.In either case be preparred.If you want you can call the manager and ask what do you need to being(resume,salary history,references...)if he/she says to bring all that then it is a group interview.Especially if you have to bring more than one copy of your resume.Good Luck.

72 months ago

I called the recruiter yesterday and asked what is going on with my status. The guy said they do not know anything after the group interview. It is up to the branch to contact me or not.
It has been more than a week.. I am kind of worry..

72 months ago

What number did you call?

I haven't received a call or e-mail either.
I'm worried as well since she did say that she would contact us in a few days either through e-mail or by phone.

72 months ago

I dialed eight eight eight, five three four, five seven five seven.
It is the number for the phone screening. (or phone interview)

By any chance you remember her name? maybe I can find her... somehow..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kinnari Mehta in Portland, Oregon

72 months ago

lilula in California said: I had my group interview yesterday and the interviewer told us that it will take up to 2 weeks to get any information about the next interview, because they are interviewing a lot of candidates and they pass the information collected to a Hiring manager in the branch that you apply for.
I hope this help to someone.if you will have your group interview soon I can tell you the questions that they asked me:

1- Introduce yourself to the group: name, working experience, education..etc.

2-what was your biggest goal?, how did you achieve the goal and what was the challege and your biggest obstacle? any recognition? what did you learn? (the goal have to be sale related)

3- to tell the best example of customer service that you have provided, what did you do? any recognition? and what did you learn?

I think I did pretty well but you never know so today I called the 1-800 number and ask them about which the next step will be and they told me that seem that I did well but I have to wait for them to call me. so I will wait if they don't call me, I will call the 1-800 number again.
I hope this information can help someone that is looking for answers in this long and tedious process..

Hey Thanks a lot.....I have my interview tomorrow.....These questions will really help :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jendel in Lynnwood, Washington

72 months ago

Hey everyone I have some questions. I have a group interview in 2 weeks for a full time 40 hr teller position at Wells Fargo. Yesterday, I got a call from another Wells Fargo Branch asking me to come in for an interview for a 20 hour position this Monday and I accepted the interview. Im curious if I get offered and accept this 20hr position and I have to cancel the group interview will i get marked down for that? Also, they told me to bring in a list of three professional references ... I only have 2 professional references. Will I not be accepted for that? I can get a friend/character reference.

I do have additional questions if anyone would like to help me out please email me at kenniferdog@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

IK in Albuquerque, New Mexico

72 months ago

Hello all. Here is my recent experience with Wells Fargo, hopefully it sheds some light on the hiring process. The first time I applied to Wells Fargo online I received an email saying that they decided to go with someone with qualifications that more closely fit their needs. I decided to try again a couple weeks later, applying for the same teller position but at a different branch closer to my home. This time I was successful in aquiring their interest. I received an email directing me to call their employment hotline number. This led to an initial phone screening. Questions were very informal and the interaction was very short. At that time the interviewer informed me that she would like to schedule me for another, more in depth phone interview with someone from my area. We scheduled a date for a few days later. I got a call from WF, as expected, and this interview lasted about a half an hour. Question varied, such as: Why do you wish to work for WF? Describe your greatest accomplishment at work. Describe a time where you suggested or sold product above necessary requirements. Describe your greatest team accomplishment. Have you ever received recognition for your acheivements? Why do you feel you will succeed at selling product for WF? Then she went through and described a little bit more about WF as a company and what to expect upon being hired. She asked if I had any additional questions. I asked where the hiring process would take me next and she said that I should get a call by the beginning of the next week from either her or another branch rep. She left me her personal phone number should I not receive a call when expected. And that is where I stand today with the WF hiring process. Hope everyone's journey bodes them well. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask- bread.circus@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

TyBo in Las Vegas, Nevada

71 months ago

racecarguy in Elk River, Minnesota said: I was asked for a salary expection on my phone screen.I am doing the group interview this month.I stated between $60-65k and the phone screen person did not say anything.If I am fortunate to go all the way through this process will someone tell me the slary expection is too high? I don't want to waste their time or mine if they are not willing to go that there.Please advise.

In Las Vegas, personal bankers are making $15 per hour plus incentive pay.

71 months ago

IK in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: Hello all. Here is my recent experience with Wells Fargo, hopefully it sheds some light on the hiring process. The first time I applied to Wells Fargo online I received an email saying that they decided to go with someone with qualifications that more closely fit their needs. I decided to try again a couple weeks later, applying for the same teller position but at a different branch closer to my home. This time I was successful in aquiring their interest. I received an email directing me to call their employment hotline number. This led to an initial phone screening. Questions were very informal and the interaction was very short. At that time the interviewer informed me that she would like to schedule me for another, more in depth phone interview with someone from my area. We scheduled a date for a few days later. I got a call from WF, as expected, and this interview lasted about a half an hour. Question varied, such as: Why do you wish to work for WF? Describe your greatest accomplishment at work. Describe a time where you suggested or sold product above necessary requirements. Describe your greatest team accomplishment. Have you ever received recognition for your acheivements? Why do you feel you will succeed at selling product for WF? Then she went through and described a little bit more about WF as a company and what to expect upon being hired. She asked if I had any additional questions. I asked where the hiring process would take me next and she said that I should get a call by the beginning of the next week from either her or another branch rep. She left me her personal phone number should I not receive a call when expected. And that is where I stand today with the WF hiring process. Hope everyone's journey bodes them well. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask- bread.circus@yahoo.com

Thanks, IK, in Albuquerque! I wrote down the questions you mentioned and my answers.

I just had a phone

71 months ago

Thanks, IK, in Albuquerque! I wrote down the questions you mentioned and my answers.

I just had a phone interview with the recruitment center after applying online for a personal banker position in Nevada. The recruiter described basic duties (involves making sales and being rewarded through incentive, involves inputting data into computer for each customer, etc.) and asked if the duties interested me.

The recruiter then asked basically the questions they asked you:
Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?
How were you successful in a sale in the past and how did you do it?
How did you handle a difficult sale in the past?
Have you ever received recognition/incentives for your acheivements at work?
Describe a major accomplishment in a workplace.
Describe your last two jobs (how long were you there, why you left, what positions you held, describe duties and major accomplishments).
What are your salary expectations? I answered $14/hour because I was told by a Nevada WF personal banker that the base pay is $15/hour.

I don't remember exactly how she worded the questions. She did not ask if I had any questions. She then said that if there will be another interview, I will be contacted by phone or email.

The whole process, including the short time I was put on hold, was less than 10 minutes. It felt like it went great. Nothing too out of the ordinary for basic interview questions.

If any of you will be phone interviewing for a WF personal banker position, it might be a good idea to have answers to the questions that IK in Albuquerque and I were asked during our phone interviews. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Justin J in somewherein, Oregon

71 months ago

hey everyone. so i have my interview tomorrow. They didnt say anything about it being a group one though. its at the branch i applied too, with the branch manager.

I applied about two weeks ago online for the Personal banker position. I got an email the next day telling me to call an 800 #. I called she asked me like 5 sales/work history exp questions. i think it went alright. Then i heard nothing for a week. Then i get a call from the branch manager of the branch i applied at and she set up an interview w/ me.

Ive never had an interview before with a group, or one with 3 differnt managers... either would be intense.

i just hope that i have enough experience. I dont have a college degree (but i have completed a year of it) I have one year of banking experience (as a teller) and 3 years of retail store experience (i was promoted twice though during the 3 years becoming a department manager)

Should i tell them i would be interested in a teller position, if they dont think im a good fit for a personal banker?? you know like at the end of the interview.

RainD in Minneapolis, Minnesota

71 months ago

Hi all! Last week I had a group interview for the position of Personal Banker. I came here for information to prepare myself for my first ever group interview and it went ok. So, thanks everyone! :-)

I'd like to share with you guys how it went.

It took place in one of conference rooms of a branch. There were 11 candidates including me with 3 interviewers (one HR and 2 branch managers). First thing, there was 2 forms for candidates to fill;
1. about the position applied for, expected rate per hour, choices of working locations, specified availability, whether or not you're up for teller positions if not considered for PB and 2-3 professional reference (names and contact numbers)
2. about background check, addresses lived at for the last "10" years, SSN

Then the interviewers started introducing themselves, gave us a 7-8 page agenda including 4 tasks for candidates to complete.

: 1st task : 3-5 minutes to introduce yourself (name, work experience that's related to "selling" and what you expect of yourself in your career in 3-5 years.

: 2nd task : 3 minutes to talk about your greatest achievement in selling products to customers, how you achieved it and what you gained consequently as reward.

: 3rd task : 3 minutes to talk about your "best" customer service experience, what happened, how you dealt with the customer(s) and what you gained consequently as reward.

: 4th task : Candidates are divided into 2 groups and given 10 minutes to brainstorm together as personal bankers to come up with ideas of what to do when it's your 2nd week of the month and you still have individual sales target of 10 and your team still has 30 yet. Each group then presents their ideas.

After that, one of the branch managers talked about what is expected of in a personal banker and HR then presented the company's profile and current status. Then, candidates asked questions. The whole thing took around 3 hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

yikes. that sounds like quite the interview! Im so glad mine was at the branch i applied at, with that branch manager, and no one else! Mine lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked much of the same "selling" type questions though.

71 months ago

Continued >>>

After we left, the HR told us to expect a call or an email within the next 3-4 days. Those who're considered for the next one on one interview with branch manager would get a telephone call from HR. Those who're not considered would received an email saying something like "at this time, we've decided to pursue candidates whose interests and experience more closely match our requirements."

Things I can suggest :

If you're having a PB interview with Wells Fargo, let them know that you're competitive yet a team player and you're looking to be with the company for a long time. A PB is a people person, at your group interview show of your best experience in customer service, tell the interviewers how you went extra miles to make a customer happy. I'd also like to suggest when you're waiting for your turn to speak, watch how you look and show that you're also listening to what other candidates say by nodding and making eye contact. Prepare well so that you will be confident and smiling at your group interview. Good luck!

Oh, I was not considered for the next step. The next day, the very same HR called me and suggested that teller position will be a very good start for me for the personal banker position in the future, how long? is up to my performance. So, I was asked to do the web screening and phone interview with the 1-888 recruiter this time for the teller position. Then the HR herself will set up an appointment for me with a branch manager. Shell let me know tomorrow what branch I'm having the next interview with.

71 months ago

Justin J in somewherein, Oregon said: yikes. that sounds like quite the interview! Im so glad mine was at the branch i applied at, with that branch manager, and no one else! Mine lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked much of the same "selling" type questions though.

Hi Justin,
I can see why you didn't have to go through group interview. I think you have had a lot experience in retail (they like that a lot), plus you have teller experience already. That's awesome! How did it go with that branch manager. Do you feel he/she liked you? If you do, I'm sure you'll get the job. I tend to believe that at the end, branch manager will pick their own people, the team he/she believes that has tendency to reach target every month. I have a bachelor degree but not so much experience in selling. And I only had a couple of short term retail jobs. I want the personal banker position badly because I know I'll love it, it's challenging and rewarding. I'll take the teller job as a good start. :-) Hey, Justin, how did you like the teller job?

71 months ago

Yeah i think the interview went well. She said she would call me by this Friday to let me know the next step (i had my interview last friday). I know i will stand out in her mind though...beause her husband is a store manager for the retail store i use to work out (not my location but a differnt one) and she use to work as a banker with the bank i currently work for, so that was very strange to have so many things in common!

I like my current postion as a teller, but the bank i work for always hires outside for PB's and i just want something more.

So did anyone in your group have banking experience or were they mostly just retail? Id like to know the type of people i'm up against :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bayareaj in bay area, California

69 months ago

had my group interview this past monday and took detailed notes so i could report back on this website since it was so helpful with my interview so i thought i'd give back. this is for the teller position.

the 1st thing was introductions. it consisted of three questions: 1) your name 2) why banking & why WF? 3) how does your background fit?

the 2nd question was to give an example of customer service you provided in a difficult situation and tell how you made the situation better and what you learned from the experience.

the 3rd thing was to talk about your most significant sales accomplishment by 1) describing your accomplishment 2) describe what obstacles/challenges you faced 3) describe how you overcame those obstacles/challenges & 4) describe what you learned about yourself in that accomplishment.

the last thing we did was act out different scenarios with the person sitting next to us by picking them out of a basket (they were on a piece of paper), discussing it with our partner and then acting it out in front of everyone. the scenarios were typical possible banking situations, but weren't too difficult for the average person to figure out what to come up with for acting them out.

overall, it was a pretty pleasant experience and out of a group of 11 people, i'd say the majority of them were young, mostly in retail and had not too vast of job experience--although some claimed to have previous banking/cash handling experience.

i was so incredibly nervous and i'm thankful i had this website to refer to. hopefully i contributed well enough to help people with my own experience!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AcEXBOX in Salinas, California

69 months ago

Here is the only interview tips you need. You need to talk about how much you LOVE sales. That's really what managers are looking for so they can meet their DDA and solution goals. Trust me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

alicekeij in fort worth, Texas

68 months ago

Can anyone tell me whats the interview process like for a phone banker position. is it any different from the other positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nano in Des Moines, Iowa

68 months ago

can anyone tell me what kind of question they would ask for collector position please?? thnks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LA CHICK in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

I had my group interview for Wells Fargo last week and received an email this past Friday for the 2nd interview which requires me to do a presentation on selling 3 of theu products on June 18th. I am really nervous about the presentation and have the slightest clue where I should get started. Has any one else had to do a presentation and can you give some advice or suggestions.examples?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ornella in Tucson, Arizona

68 months ago

I applied for a teller job with Wells Fargo and not long after got e-mail saying "At this time, we've decided to pursue candidates whose interests and experience more closely match our requirements". I am so sad...I wanted this job so badly...I know I can be an excellent teller... I used to work in sales and
was paid in commissions. I know how to sell... I know how to provide an outstanding customer service...I also have experience with a Fortune 500 financial company... Well, I do not match their requirements.. Maybe because I do not have a cash handling experience? Is it so hard to learn? I think it is not harder than to learn how to sale or how to deal with customers problems with a smile.
Recently I took some my financial firm's checks to Wells Fargo. There was a teller helping me - a very young girl; might of been just out of High School ... She was looking over my checks....She was so confused, she had no idea what to do with those checks. She said "I do not understand..." and went to get help. She could not understand a difference between a payor and a payee....I see now preferences in hiring... It is all about the luck... I was crying over my failure yesterday and today I am thinking "too bad for Wells Fargo". I know I will get a job with an other bank and I will help that bank to grow .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Ornella in Tucson, Arizona

68 months ago

LA CHICK in Los Angeles, California said: I had my group interview for Wells Fargo last week and received an email this past Friday for the 2nd interview which requires me to do a presentation on selling 3 of theu products on June 18th. I am really nervous about the presentation and have the slightest clue where I should get started. Has any one else had to do a presentation and can you give some advice or suggestions.examples?

La CHICK, practice with your friends. Practice a lot... Follow a simple scheme: greet -learn client's needs/ask questions-present a product -overcome obstacles -close the sale. It takes time to learn how to deal with customer's "no" or "not today". Good luck..
Sorry for my misspellings, English is my second. In my previous message I wrote "how to sale" instead of "how to sell"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ppmd in Auburn, California

68 months ago

Ornella in Tucson, Arizona said: I applied for a teller job with Wells Fargo and not long after got e-mail saying "At this time, we've decided to pursue candidates whose interests and experience more closely match our requirements". I am so sad...I wanted this job so badly...I know I can be an excellent teller... I used to work in sales and
was paid in commissions. I know how to sell... I know how to provide an outstanding customer service...I also have experience with a Fortune 500 financial company... Well, I do not match their requirements.. Maybe because I do not have a cash handling experience? Is it so hard to learn? I think it is not harder than to learn how to sale or how to deal with customers problems with a smile.
Recently I took some my financial firm's checks to Wells Fargo. There was a teller helping me - a very young girl; might of been just out of High School ... She was looking over my checks....She was so confused, she had no idea what to do with those checks. She said "I do not understand..." and went to get help. She could not understand a difference between a payor and a payee....I see now preferences in hiring... It is all about the luck... I was crying over my failure yesterday and today I am thinking "too bad for Wells Fargo". I know I will get a job with an other bank and I will help that bank to grow .

Consider yourself lucky. It is a thankless job, I did it. It doesn't really matter what kind of customer service you give, all they (WF) are interested in is the sales you make (i.e credit cards, rewards, loans of any kind. I am sure you will make a great contribution and be much happier somewhere else. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

bo0 in El Paso, Texas

68 months ago

Hi everyone! I just applied for a teller position throughout last week and my group interview is this coming Thursday. I am really nervous! Can anyone give me a detailed explanation of how the interview develops so that I can be prepared?? I would really appreciate it. I read through the whole forum and I copied some questions to kind of rehearse alone but I can't find a way to control my nerves and the anxiety that I feel. It could be my first important or significant job since my other two were at a fast-food restaurant and with the Abercrombie and Fitch company.

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

r anonymous in San Antonio, Texas

68 months ago

call this number...seven on three five seven seven two five five four.
ask for the hiring manager.

Shake and Bake in San Francisco Bay Area, California

67 months ago

I have a Personal Banker Post ion interview on Monday and a little nervous. I have a clean background record, no drugs, great personality, B2B wholesale banking experience selling financial products and services but no retail banking experience. I have wanted to work for Wells Fargo for over a year now, I hope I interview well and get the job.

I have been to other interviews at other banks in the past, walked out confident and answered every question on point. I never got the position. A friend in banking once told me that I might have been over qualified and that's why they didn't hire me. The truth is that I will never know. Another friend told me that they ended up hiring internally so that they didn't have to train a new employee?

I don't mind staring at a lower position becuase I believe in myself and know that I would do great in a PB or BB position, especially since I have a book of business to bring on board with me.

Any advise from those that have been fortunate enough to land a position at the bank is highly appreciated. How has the company and position treated you since your initial employment? What was the process (e.g. hand written application, drug test/background check, offer letter, etc)?

Thank you in advance for your input!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

topnotchsales in azusa, California

67 months ago

Shake and Bake in San Francisco Bay Area, California said: I have a Personal Banker Post ion interview on Monday and a little nervous. I have a clean background record, no drugs, great personality, B2B wholesale banking experience selling financial products and services but no retail banking experience. I have wanted to work for Wells Fargo for over a year now, I hope I interview well and get the job.

I have been to other interviews at other banks in the past, walked out confident and answered every question on point. I never got the position. A friend in banking once told me that I might have been over qualified and that's why they didn't hire me. The truth is that I will never know. Another friend told me that they ended up hiring internally so that they didn't have to train a new employee?

I don't mind staring at a lower position becuase I believe in myself and know that I would do great in a PB or BB position, especially since I have a book of business to bring on board with me.

Any advise from those that have been fortunate enough to land a position at the bank is highly appreciated. How has the company and position treated you since your initial employment? What was the process (e.g. hand written application, drug test/background check, offer letter, etc)?

We'll i know the company is highly talked about...Everyone i know that works there has high morale about WF. I applied for a PB. Went through all 3 interviews. Each time I didn't think I would get a call back and last minute i did, until this last time with the presentation interview. I think i overthought it. With only 1 day notice i stay up all night,invested money in visual aids and had no time to prepare. Ended up having to wing it. I have been waiting about 2 weeks and still no answer. All i can say is sell your A** off.Think,talk, and preach sales..They say just be patient. But in Sales its about being persistent and aggressive.

topnotchsales in azusa, California

67 months ago

topnotchsales in azusa, California said: We'll i know the company is highly talked about...Everyone i know that works there has high morale about WF. I applied for a PB. Went through all 3 interviews. Each time I didn't think I would get a call back and last minute i did, until this last time with the presentation interview. I think i overthought it. With only 1 day notice i stay up all night,invested money in visual aids and had no time to prepare. Ended up having to wing it. I have been waiting about 2 weeks and still no answer. All i can say is sell your A** off.Think,talk, and preach sales..They say just be patient. But in Sales its about being persistent and aggressive.

in Socal its phone interview,group interview,manager interview presentation. Bottom line be quick on your toes and ready for anything...just think overcoming objections...You will do fine especially since you have sales background...

67 months ago

Awesome, thank you for the information. Like you, I once had a interview with a company called Administaff where I had to create and deliver a presentation. I personally created a presentational binder that concisely spoke about the company, it's mission and the benefits of using them. After making it to the last interview and presentation day, I never got the chance to use any of the collateral I created which took the entire weekend to create. It wasn't the collateral or a power point presentation they wanted, they simply wanted me to create a quick introduction speech as if I was sitting in front of a CEO.. "What would you say to an impatient CEO within a minute in order to grasp his/her attention?" They were not clear on what kind of presentation to develop and practice before I interviewed with a senior manager and did not get the position. I would definitely take a different approach if I was given a second chance.

As for WF, I read that they like "Hard Workers" but not very competitive people? As a Organizational Behavior & Leadership student, I assume that they were speaking about competing against your peers at work? otherwise from past experience, sales positions are very competitive and appropriate for savvy, driven, energetic and polished people with great multitasking, communication, sales and organization skills.

The qualifications asks that you only have a high school diploma, I have a lot more academic accomplishments than just a high school diploma. I am worried about being too knowledgeable! I read in a online blog to not go into a WF interview being too knowledgeable? I don't want to come off as "over qualified" for the position or intimidate the hiring manager. I am far from being arrogant but I am highly confident in my sales skills and abilities from working in sales for 9 years.

My game plan is to come off as I know enough, not as much as the manager, and that I have the ability and qualities to grow with their direction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Justin J in somewherein, Oregon said: Yeah i think the interview went well. She said she would call me by this Friday to let me know the next step (i had my interview last Friday). I know i will stand out in her mind though...beause her husband is a store manager for the retail store i use to work out (not my location but a differnt one) and she use to work as a banker with the bank i currently work for, so that was very strange to have so many things in common!

I like my current postion as a teller, but the bank i work for always hires outside for PB's and i just want something more.

So did anyone in your group have banking experience or were they mostly just retail? Id like to know the type of people i'm up against :)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I was a top producing B2B wholesale Account Executive at Bear Stearns in 2007 and a prior Senior B.D.O. in commercial banking for another firm. I can tell you exactly what to say to get that job! I wish they were offering it in the San Francisco Bay Area. If there is a safe way to leave you my number to discus this I would. Are you on LinkedIn, FaceBook, etc? I love B2B sales, field sales, and product/relationship management! At Bear Stearns our minimum monthly production goal was $5MM. Prior to working at Bear Stearns from 2000 to 2006, my monthly expected production/new business development goal was $3MM to $5MM, I produced $10MM to $20MM on average. I did well back when the business was there (smiling). I am very goal-driven and have developed a strong book of business" that I can take anywhere with me. The market took a major turn in 2007 and in 2008, all hell broke loose. Today, I am just trying to get in the door at a successful and reputable bank like WellsFargo where I can work up the ladder again. There are a lot of outside-sales questions to ask during your interview: training, tools, expectations, goals, culture, compensation structure, etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

- On the questions, "on a scale from 1 to 5, how competitive are you?" What's the correct answer?
Initially I would say 5, but after reading a online blog posting on the Vault, a good answer might be 3?

- "What is your greatest profess. accomplishment?"
Initially I would say being acknowledged and promoted for surpassing my employer's expectations...

-"Name a difficult situation you had with a Coworker and How did you resolve it?"
Initially I would say I communicated with them and came to an agreement.

-"What motivates you?"
In sales, usually they want to hear money or else they move on immediately to the next candidate. Sales people are in it for the money, bottom line. This shows that you will work hard to make as much money as you can. I don't know about WellsFargo and what they want to hear?

I am sure that they will ask me a bunch of other questions as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

cactus39 in San Francisco, California

67 months ago

Shake and Bake in San Francisco Bay Area, California said: I have a Personal Banker Post ion interview on Monday and a little nervous. I have a clean background record, no drugs, great personality, B2B wholesale banking experience selling financial products and services but no retail banking experience. I have wanted to work for Wells Fargo for over a year now, I hope I interview well and get the job.

So was your interview yesterday? Was it a group interview? I have one coming up for a teller position on Friday in South San Fran. I never did a group int. before. What did they ask you?

67 months ago

The interview was not as bad as I thought. Having a successful background in sales helped me out during the interviewing questioning process. Yes, it was a group interview, we had one person interview for a teller position, the rest were pursuing PB positions. I was told by an associate that if I get picked there will be a second interview process where I watch a video, etc? They told me that we will all know something within 2 weeks time. They asked us: 1. for 3 methods on how to acquire daily/monthly goals 2. Name a time where you had a upset customer, what happen and how did you resolve the situation 3. Tell a little about yourself & your background, 4. the hr-mngr asked if we had any questions, make sure to ask a few questions. WF like people with good social skills & personalities, people who smile but yet aggressive in sales & goal driven. The goals for PB's are demanding which creates high turn around! Get to the interview 30 min early, bring a bottle of water, be calm and if you start to get nervous, remind yourself to take deep breathes without anyone else noticing. One main thing I noticed with others was that they didn't smile much, too serious or they talked to much (rambled) which made them seem too anxious to me. Be positive and believe in yourself. If they as you for your customer service background & you don't have any then improvise, don't say I have no experience in doing this or that, make something up. A good sales person who knows how to sell will come up with something to say as if they were speaking to a potential client or at least they wold state that they will find out and get to the customer. Make sure to stay quiet when the hr manager speaks. When they ask for scenarios, try to create one that sounds similar to examples they give you, if they do. This is how my interview went. I am confident that I did well but you never know. WF mainly hire within the company so they don't have to train outside people. Lets see what happens. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

TroyJ in Auburn, California

67 months ago

I had a group interview with about five other persons today who were all looking for teller positions but a few were trying for a different branch. I would say to make sure you are there on time because one person was not allowed to come to the interview since she had already started. The questions are really simple and of course relevant to your position. They want someone with a great smile who has goals, is competitive, enjoys a job in sales, and of course provides great customer service. She asked questions like why WF for work? What would be your dream job? How many people would it take to sell 7 products or 7 accounts? Where do you see yourself in two years? Etc. We didn't do any role playing or anything. The interview wasn't very long due to only 6 people actually showing up so expect longer than an hour if your group is more than that. Go in, be yourself, answer the questions thoroughly but don't be long winded. They want a competitive, friendly, and listening interviewee so just go in there and do that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Awesome, thank you for the info and good luck! I have not heard back anything regarding my interview. We did role playing in the first interview I went in for but I was ready to answer the question you mentioned they asked you. I think that I will get a call sometime this week. The interviewing manager was a lady and stated that they would contact us within two weeks from our interview day. I was told by one WF manager that there will be a second interview if I am chosen. Something about watching a video of some wort? By the way, what was your answer for the questions; Why WF for work? What would be your dream job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.