Interview tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 392)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

thegame247 in Atlanta, Georgia

45 months ago

PeeBee in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Everyone!
I really appreciate all the comments of past experience everyone has posted. I have an interview scheduled for Tuesday for the teller position. Never have I done a group interview so everyone's comments are very helpful. One question, is everyone decently young in this group interviews?

The group interview I went to had only me and this other guy who were in their early 20's. The remaining 7-8 ranged from 25-30, and we had one old lady in her 50's I think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SB in Trenton, New Jersey

45 months ago

Position Applied: Store Manager

1st interview with Hr.
2nd Interview with 2 Regional Managers.
3rd interview with 2 Regional Managers.
4th interview with 1 Regional Manager.
5th interview with the panel tomorrow (I was told today by the interviewer, that it's going to a team interview with 8 Store Managers in his group!

Can some one advice me about this group interview and wish me good luck?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dnandgls in douglas, Georgia

45 months ago

Just wanted to say a few things. I studied this blog for hours on end and practiced answering the assumed questions. On the day of the interview there were 7 of us for the group interview. It was funny because I'm usually the quiet one but no one there was talking and I was so nervous that I talked the most. ASK QUESTIONS! The group interview lasted about 30 min to an hour. They came in and called people one at a time til it left 4 of us. Then she came in and said you 4 will get a one on one interview today, but everyone will have to talk more, now is the time. The group interview was like a walk in the park compared to the one on one interview. That interview consisted of all the questions that you dred for example: In your last job give me a situation that you showed great customer service. Was there a time when your drawer was short? What did you do about it?, etc. I feel like this, you will look better or worse depending on the other applicants. If they are talkative and genuinely interested in the discussion and you aren't then they will draw more attention than you. My advice is not to stress because everyone there is just as nervous as you. I interviewed on tuesday and was called on saturday with the good news! Training starts Jan 5. The whole interview lasted from 1:30pm-3:30pm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Good Luck SB!! After all of those interviews, you should be well prepared for the final one, lol. Keep us informed on the results. You can do it, you got this.

SB in Mount Holly, New Jersey

45 months ago

Thank you for your comments. The person who interviwed me today also told me that most of the questions, I have already answered on my previous interviews.so he asked me some general questions!

I wonder what else left now? Today, I read about WF Vision and Values.

ufoatemykat in Fremont, California

45 months ago

Study this thread and you will do AWESOME!

I did my group interview for PB today and because of the research I did, really stood out in the crowd (about 12 people- he said they were scheduled for 20.) So expect a decent crowd, but don't be worried, it's not intimidating. They give you paper about benefits and such.. USE THIS TO WRITE ON! It will help you remember when it's your turn to stand and talk, there was no problem in having a reference sheet in front of us, he even said that. I was the only one to use the paper! Which is crazy because he really encouraged us to take time to think about our answer and make sure we know what we want to say.

I'm really hoping for a 1 on 1 next and be offered the job. Has anyone had luck contacting the hiring manager at a branch and being persuasive enough to ask for a 1 on 1 before they were contacted about one?

Linh. P in Modesto, California

45 months ago

ufoatemykat in Fremont, California said: Study this thread and you will do AWESOME!

I did my group interview for PB today and because of the research I did, really stood out in the crowd (about 12 people- he said they were scheduled for 20.) So expect a decent crowd, but don't be worried, it's not intimidating. They give you paper about benefits and such.. USE THIS TO WRITE ON! It will help you remember when it's your turn to stand and talk, there was no problem in having a reference sheet in front of us, he even said that. I was the only one to use the paper! Which is crazy because he really encouraged us to take time to think about our answer and make sure we know what we want to say.

I'm really hoping for a 1 on 1 next and be offered the job. Has anyone had luck contacting the hiring manager at a branch and being persuasive enough to ask for a 1 on 1 before they were contacted about one?

who were you this morning? I was there too

45 months ago

Hey Linh, back left corner of the tables. I had 3 people to my left and then the door we came in/out of.

I had the younger tall kid that wanted Sacramento to my left, and the Asian kid thats sister was in the video to my right.

Linh. P in Oakland, California

45 months ago

That Asian kid is me! Hows it going? have they called you yet?

SB in Trenton, New Jersey

45 months ago

Last Wednesday, I have my 5th group interview with 3 managers. So far no e-mail or phone call! I am keeping my fingers cross! All 3 managers almost asked the same questions like the previous interviews. I am pretty confident that I have answered all the questions. At the end they told me that the HR will get back to me. So I am still waiting....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Good, how are you? Have you gotten a call yet? I haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to try and get in touch with someone tomorrow if I haven't heard anything, but I don't have a number to call. I asked Roger for a business card and he said he didn't have any yet.

45 months ago

I wish you good luck. For me this interview process took, almost 4 weeks now, still no reply,

45 months ago

Yes, but you are interviewing for store manager, correct? We are interviewing for PB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

I have a long journey because of the management position. 4 times after the interviews, I have waited for an answer from WF.

Christopher DeOliveira in Fresno, California

45 months ago

I just had a group interview for a teller and the recuiter said that the next step of the process would be to be contacted by a branch manager. If we failed the group interview we would receive an email stating that we were not qualified for the position and that we could re apply in 6 months. It has now been 2 days since i have interviewed at wells fargo and im hopefull of going through the next step because I haven't received the decling email. I was wondering on average how many days did anyone receive this email? I just want a general idea of how long people waited before receiving the decling email so I can gauge whether or not im going to receive a call from a branch manager. Thank you guys for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jroth in st. paul, Minnesota

45 months ago

if i was looking into get into the mortgage business as a new career.
how would i go about doing so such as: type of schooling,entry level jobs to apply for
while working my way up>

thanks

45 months ago

Christopher DeOliveira in Fresno, California said: I just had a group interview for a teller and the recuiter said that the next step of the process would be to be contacted by a branch manager. If we failed the group interview we would receive an email stating that we were not qualified for the position and that we could re apply in 6 months. It has now been 2 days since i have interviewed at wells fargo and im hopefull of going through the next step because I haven't received the decling email. I was wondering on average how many days did anyone receive this email? I just want a general idea of how long people waited before receiving the decling email so I can gauge whether or not im going to receive a call from a branch manager. Thank you guys for your help.

Don't know how long they take to decline, but they called me for 2nd interview with Branch Manager after almost a week, so sit tight and wait :)

45 months ago

Thanks for your comment it was very helpfull. I sure hope that wells fargo isn't one of those companies that leaves you hanging for a while questioning whether you have the job or not. I would like to know right away whether or not im going to be considered at wells fargo or not you know so I can plan my job search accordingly.

teine samoa in Las Vegas, Nevada

45 months ago

Hello All,

Thanks so much for all your posts. I have an interview with wells fargo next week, teller position, and before I knew about this forum, i was hella nervous, not knowing what to expect, esp with da kind of person dat I am, shy with very less words, not very talkative & all, but this forum has given me an idea of wat to expect now. You all have been so helpful and I pray that i will be as blessed as most of you who have been called back for a 2nd interview. I hope i'll get that far. Faafetai tele lava! (thanks so much!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

I still haven't heard anything back. It's been over a week. No call, no denial email. I wish there was a way to get in touch with someone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Luckily the recruitor at my group interview supplied us with her email address. I emailed her on Monday and i'm hoping that she eventually returns the email because I really want to know at this point if I passed the group interview and they are considering me for a branch manager interview or if I didn't pass the group interview. I've been reading around and alot of people are saying it's a waiting game and to be patient. I sure hope that's all it is.

45 months ago

Where did you interview at? Oakland?

45 months ago

I actually had a group interview in Fresno California. The recuitor did recruiting for all of the central valley and central coast. I have some hope because she told us if we weren't considered we would receive an email. I haven't received the email which is great but I also haven't received a response from the email I sent her either. I'm just sitting here waiting like everyone else on this forum has. I literally wasn't even expecting to be able to make it to the group interview and yet I made it. Soo I still have faith yet im not expecting to get a branch interview but that would be nice.

jas in Fresno, California

45 months ago

i interviewed in fresno,ca for group interview and then got a call back for interview with the branch manager but when i went I had to interview with services manager. Got a call again to go in the next day to interview with the another manager. I am confused as to where the process is taking me. Is it positive or negative that i'm being interviewed so much ? Would be so much better if i get this job. Please comment if you have some information on my situation. Thanks.

44 months ago

The fact that you are getting interviews is amazing. I wouldn't be worried about having multiple interviews at all! I wish I was in your shoes as to being called for a second interview after the group interview. Jas what date was your group interview in Fresno because mine was Tuesday December 28th and I still haven't heard from a branch manager about an interview and I also haven't received the rejection letter that the recuitor said we would receive if they didn't want to consider us anymore. Wish i could help you out Jas but you seem to be luckier then i am. How many days after your group interview did you get a call from the branch manager to do the second interview?

freeme2day in Columbus, Georgia

44 months ago

I'd like to say this forum was extremely helpful I felt very confident today because of the post on this forum. I knew what to expect. The group interview went pretty much as some of you stated. There were managers from different branches there and the recruiter asked everyone to stand up and tell a little bit about ourselves, why WF, where do you see yourself in 5 years, do u speak any other languages and are you looking for FT or PT. We went around the room and everyone spoke after that they asked if we had any questions (& we did) then it was over. The recruiter said she would contact everyone tonight to let us know if we were selected to move forward and thank God, I got my call to move forward!!! I wish you all the best!!!

44 months ago

I interviewed with two service managers on two consecutive days. I wonder how long do they take to get back to you. I think the interviews went well but I still want to make sure if i got it or not as soon as possible so that i can plan accordingly.
Please reply about how long will it take after interviewing with the branch managers. Thanks.
Thanks Christopher for your replies and thanks for the encouragement. I had group interview in first week of december in fresno,ca.You should wait for sometime.
Good luck.

44 months ago

Oh wow Jas so you have been waiting a couple of weeks longer than I have. Because like I said my first group interview was on the 28th of December thats a couple of weeks after yours. This just seems to be a big waiting game and the excitment of working for Wells Fargo makes it difficult to wait. I sure hopeI get a call back from a branch manager. If you go to the career section of the wells fargo website there are teller positions still opening in Fresno Ca which gives me some hope I will get a call back. Lets just hope Jas we can nail this.

44 months ago

Wow, guess I just got my denial e-mail. I felt like I did amazing, guess not.

44 months ago

I am soo sorry to hear that. Did you ever get a chance to interview with a branch manager or did you receive the denial email after going to the group interview? How many days passed before you received the denial letter? The reason I ask is I too felt like i did a really good job at the group interivwe. I'm hoping they plan to call me for a branch interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Hey Chris,

It took 12 days to get the e-mail. It was after the group interview.

Hopefully you make it farther than I did!

44 months ago

@ufoatemykat ... I'm sorry to hear that.
Keep trying as you are in the system for six months. Apply to as many positions as you can ! Don't give up...good luck with your job search !

44 months ago

@chris ... Hey thanks a ton for your encouragement ! I have another interview with another branch manager ! Please pray for me and hopefully I will get it this time. The branch at which i interviewed earlier couldn't agree with my availability. i really need this job, hopefully you'll get a call soon !

44 months ago

For those of you that have went to the training class, how was it? can anyone give some details?

john1980 in fresno, California

44 months ago

I apply for a bank teller, this is how it went.

1. apply and got phone interview

2. group interview,Be yourself and dont be afraid. the only tip i can give you is be the 2nd or 3rd person to answer. If your last, lots of answer at the same time your nervous build up. i was the last one and i was so nervous i mess up bad. lucky i got a call. question varies from places to places. mine was, Tell me about your self, why wells fargo, strength and weaknesses. oh and the main thing they want to hear is SALES! SALES! SALES!

3. 4 hours after the group interview, i got a call for a 1 on 1. I was less nervous since it was a 1 on 1. interview question was more indept about yourself and work experience. I been waiting for my 3rd interview. wish me luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

azee in Van Nuys, California

44 months ago

hey guys i have an interview this wednesday and i not nervous but i really want this job any tips/

and how many people o they usually choose?

Yvette Carter in Dallas, Texas

44 months ago

Hello there, I applied for a Teller position at wells fargo and I just had an interview this past wednesday the 18th jan, 2011 in Dallas. We had just one recruiter and she said something like they will call us back the following week Wednesday for a one-on-one interview with the managers if we qualify. I am so scared because many applicants had alot of experience and professional degrees, I was the only person with no professional degree and 1yr sales/customer service experience. Is it possible that we all are going to be called or can I be really considered for this position? Help plzzz Thank u!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Annie in Oroville, California

44 months ago

Yvette Carter in Dallas, Texas said: Hello there, I applied for a Teller position at wells fargo and I just had an interview this past wednesday the 18th jan, 2011 in Dallas. We had just one recruiter and she said something like they will call us back the following week Wednesday for a one-on-one interview with the managers if we qualify. I am so scared because many applicants had alot of experience and professional degrees, I was the only person with no professional degree and 1yr sales/customer service experience. Is it possible that we all are going to be called or can I be really considered for this position? Help plzzz Thank u!

When I went in for my group interview, my recruiter said we were not competing against each other. The group interview is just to see if you are qualified enough to have a branch interview. I don't have a professional degree, just a few years of retail experience. 2 days after my group interview, I received a call for a branch interview. So, good luck to you. :P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yvette Carter in Dallas, Texas

44 months ago

Annie in Oroville, California said: When I went in for my group interview, my recruiter said we were not competing against each other. The group interview is just to see if you are qualified enough to have a branch interview. I don't have a professional degree, just a few years of retail experience. 2 days after my group interview, I received a call for a branch interview. So, good luck to you. :P

WOw, now I am honestly scared. Most pple said they called or emailed them after few days or so, but ours is a little different. I hope this is going to be good for me. Thank you Annie! Will keep u updated if something good happens..

Ashton Lopez in plams, California

44 months ago

Audrey, S.F.,Ca in Concord, California said: I just applied a job at Wells Fargo. Can anyone kindly provide me some interview tips? (or phone interview quesions)

Thanks

As Wells Fargo is a Banking sector company, so they will ask some finance related questions. They will check your knowledge related to banking sector like bank policies/ schemes/ charges/ interest rates etc.they will also ask related to current banking sector scenario.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Lawrenceville, Georgia

44 months ago

I have an interview with the branch manager tomorrow...I am so nervous! my question is, the e-mail that my recruiter has have been locked (from yahoo with too many wrong password) and that is where she sent the links and communicate with me. can i asked her to resend the links to another e-mail address? will that effect my hiring process? thanks!

Jko in Diamond Bar, California

44 months ago

Ashton Lopez in plams, California said: As Wells Fargo is a Banking sector company, so they will ask some finance related questions. They will check your knowledge related to banking sector like bank policies/ schemes/ charges/ interest rates etc.they will also ask related to current banking sector scenario.

They don't. At least not for Teller positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jko in Diamond Bar, California

44 months ago

azee in Van Nuys, California said: hey guys i have an interview this wednesday and i not nervous but i really want this job any tips/

and how many people o they usually choose?

Were you at the group interview at the Wells Fargo on Barranca street in West Covina? I was there yesterday, they had a group interview session.

They don't really have a set number of people that they want to hire in mind; I heard that if you qualify then they will put you in one of the five locations that you picked from the list.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

id.clever

43 months ago

W

Ann89 in California

43 months ago

Always have questions to ask at the end of the interview. For example, "On your website, it states that Wells Fargo has contributed over millions of dollars to support local schools and nonprofits. Is there an opportunity at this particular branch to be a part of this great service?" Basically just showing that you're interested in the bank and that you've done your homework. During your interview, don't forget to smile. That's what tellers are all about. They are the face of the bank and managers want tellers that are pleasant and polite with their customers. Tell me about yourself question is not a personal question. Try to avoid I like to go out and have fun, I enjoy drawing pictures, blablabla you get the idea. This is the chance for you to tell them how you are qualified for the job. For example, "I have had experience dealing with customers. I am great with numbers and I have always had in interest in math. blablabla."

I didn't have time to write a thank you note because the manager who interviewed me said she will let me know within like 3 days if I got the job or not. I lived out of town and by the time she received my letter in the mail, I would have known if I got the job or not already so yea...I didn't send a thank you letter to my interviewer. They offered me the teller job but I took another offer. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

mariecuevas in Phoenix, Arizona

42 months ago

I have an interview today at 6...is it usually that late? I'm super nervous!

sai in Arlington, Virginia

42 months ago

hi there,

does anybody know how the web screen simulator works at WellFargo?
i actually have applied 5 days ago and I'm very nervous since my English is my second language. I arrived from eastern Europe a year ago with many experiences costumer services in my country.

I want to know if i have any chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

petit mignon in San Diego, California

41 months ago

Ah, I'm so nervous! Had a recent group interview (9 people!) for a PT Teller position at WF and my mind drew a blank. I basically repeated a sentence that I started twice, but I was able to finish it. I feel horrible about it. I was able to answer all the questions until the end because truthfully, I wasn't exactly where this job would align with my future goals. I did mention experience and knowledge and my goal for an MBA.

I wish I had read this forum beforehand! I'm glad I found this thread - better late than never! Out of the 9 of us, only 4 (including myself) wore a full suit and dress professionally. I'm waiting for a call back - the interviewer told us we would either get a personal call from here within a week or get an email of rejection.

In terms of interviews, I did wear a full, coordinating suit. I'm worried about my looks because even though I am 23, my last employer asked me "are you over 18? You must be over 18 to work this job". Apparently, I look very "youthful", despite wearing makeup (minimal to look professional).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mizzkarisasue in Fergus Falls, Minnesota

41 months ago

Hi! I applied for a teller position via internet about a week ago. I had received a phone call about 3 days later that basically asked about my work history and examples of sales I made. Then they set me up for a phone interview which I did today. They basically asked me most of the same questions as they did the first time they called. Well, now I have a face to face interview next week! Is the face to face interview considered the group interview or do I not have to do the group interview here. Also, I'm really nervous because of my background. I had a possession charge felony but it was recently sealed. I heard that they can still see that on the background check...Will this keep me from getting the job? Also, what about credit checks? I am so nervous and I really want this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mizzkarisasue in Fergus Falls, Minnesota

41 months ago

petit mignon- You don't have to wear heels neccesarily but you should wear dressy shoes...You can find a pair of flat dressy shoes-the ones that look like ballet shoes I think..Also you could wear wedges maybe. Hope that helped!

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.