Interview tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (351 to 392 of 392)
Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8   

kere in San Bruno, California

28 months ago

Tiffani in San Ramon, California said: Ok so I just got back from my interview. I think it went okay, but I felt that there were others in the group who were more experienced then i am, so we will see. She asked questions like what was our greatest achievement, when did i set a goal and accomplish it and how, and to give an example of when you provided great customer service . You just go around in a circle to answer the questions, pretty easy. If they want you back for a second interview they will call you that same day.
Good luck to everyone

can i know the address of the interview in concord plzzzzzz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

NERVOUS!! in North Las Vegas, Nevada

25 months ago

HEY GUYS, IVE READ THOUGH THIS THREAD AND IM GETTING MORE CONFIDENT EACH DAY THAT PASSES. I HAVE A GROUP INTERVIEW IN 2 DAYS AND IM EXCITED BUT NERVOUS AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE IVE NEVER DONE A GROUP INTERVIEW BEFORE.. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW SOME UPDATED ADVISE. ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anym in Garden Grove, California

24 months ago

jem girl in Floresville, Texas said: I did the web screening too, Then I recieved another e mail asking me to choose a day and time for a phone interview

how long did it take for them to e-mail you after you passed the screening test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kimxchee89 in Foley, Alabama

24 months ago

I have a phone interview in the morning. I am so nervous. I've never worked out of the basic retail or fast food industry. And I am extremely nervous about having a potential career. I already had an interview with the service manager and branch manager but they told me to wait for my recruiter to call before we can go further into this. I am so nervous yet excited. The branch manager approached me at my current job, which is a fast food place, and told me that I would be perfect for her staff. I am praying everything goes well I am so nervous. Wish me luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

petit mignon in San Diego, California

24 months ago

kimxchee89 in Foley, Alabama said: I have a phone interview in the morning. I am so nervous... I am praying everything goes well I am so nervous. Wish me luck!!!

A bit late, but hope you did well. Surprisingly, WF in-person interviews are VERY long and they have high expectations What position did you apply for?

anym in Garden Grove, California said: how long did it take for them to e-mail you after you passed the screening test?

Hey, how did it go? The screening test is really quick.. I think my turnaround time was less than 1 day, but I deleted the email so I can't really say the exact time frame.

24 months ago

It's fine. I applied for a teller position and I got the job. Passed the background check and fingerprinting. I start my 2 week traing Feb. 5. I'm so ecstatic. How about yourself

24 months ago

kimxchee89 in Foley, Alabama said: It's fine. I applied for a teller position and I got the job. Passed the background check and fingerprinting. I start my 2 week traing Feb. 5. I'm so ecstatic. How about yourself

Congrats! I was a teller a while ago, but only to help get my foot in the door in a financial institution. Found a better job down the line, so I am not longer with WF. :]

24 months ago

Reyy in Palos Verdes Peninsula, California said: hey guys i applied for the teller position about a month ago
it was weird they first sent me an email saying i didnt get it but then later on i got a call for a group interview.
so i went in for the group interview, and it happened to be a huge one. of about 20-22 people.
they didnt ask us any questions really, just about our schedule, a second language, and how many hours we'd like. all we had to do was fill out an application pretty much.
about 3 business days later i got a phone call asking to come into a interview with 3 service manager.
they were sooo nice and made you feel very comfortable.
asked you questions about customer service like "have you ever been in a situation where...." bunch of those! i got a call less than 24 hours later saying i got the teller position! everyone was sooo nice and it was a lot easier than i expected. i went into it very nervous and doubtful. but they really make you feel right at home :]

GOOD LUCK!

Well that's quite genius. I work in the Fastfoods industry. So it's just a better opportunity for me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tolikblumoon in Temecula, California

24 months ago

I went in for my group interview today. I applied a few weeks ago but they cancelled the position I had applied for, but I checked last night and a new one opened and I was able to keep my interview date! I had to travel about 30 miles to get to the location in North County (San Diego) and at first there were only about 8 of us, all about college age kids like myself. We thought that was it but there were 8 more who were lost and came in just before the interview started so we had about 16 give or take a person, I don't actually remember exactly.

We started with introductions, Name, motivation for applying to WF, work history, strengths/skills, and how working at WF would align with our future career. A lot of people wanted to just keep talking and talking so just the interviews took an hour to do. Next was a 10 minute video about Wells Fargo, but it kept freezing so we only watched about 5 minutes before continuing. The recruiter talked about the position (Teller) and gave us time to ask questions. We had to talk about a situation we provided excellent customer service, the details, and the outcome. Like a time we went above and beyond to please a customer.

Then she asked about out best sales accomplishment. We had to describe it and say if we were rewarded, how we overcame the challenge of it, etc. That was the only things we were asked. The SoCal starting rate for Teller is $11/hr. Most of the people interviewing were from San Diego county, I was one of the two people looking to work more northern. I definitely wasn't the worst interviewee at the table, I think I did alright, I did my best. Hopefully they like me and since I'm not competing for San Diego locations hopefully I have a good chance of getting picked for one of my choices. We are supposed to get a call within 5 business days to tell us we are moving onto the next step (interview with a branch manager) or a rejection email within the same time frame if they don't deem us fit. Fingers crossed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Yea the turnaround time is a week for them to select you for a branch interview. Should be pretty standard.

24 months ago

Did u get the job?! I start my training next Tuesday. I'm so excited.

24 months ago

petit mignon in San Diego, California said: Yea the turnaround time is a week for them to select you for a branch interview. Should be pretty standard.

I was meaning to say that was quite genius. How long did you work for WF?!

24 months ago

tolikblumoon in Temecula, California said: I went in for my group interview today. I applied a few weeks ago but they cancelled the position I had applied for, but I checked last night and a new one opened and I was able to keep my interview date! I had to travel about 30 miles to get to the location in North County (San Diego) and at first there were only about 8 of us, all about college age kids like myself. We thought that was it but there were 8 more who were lost and came in just before the interview started so we had about 16 give or take a person, I don't actually remember exactly.

We started with introductions, Name, motivation for applying to WF, work history, strengths/skills, and how working at WF would align with our future career. A lot of people wanted to just keep talking and talking so just the interviews took an hour to do. Next was a 10 minute video about Wells Fargo, but it kept freezing so we only watched about 5 minutes before continuing. The recruiter talked about the position (Teller) and gave us time to ask questions. We had to talk about a situation we provided excellent customer service, the details, and the outcome. Like a time we went above and beyond to please a customer.

Let us kn

24 months ago

kimxchee89 in Foley, Alabama said: I was meaning to say that was quite genius. How long did you work for WF?!

Less than 1.5 years. I excelled in referred solutions as a teller (was always in top 15 in my market), but didn't want a career in sales. If you want to make a career out of it, good luck.

Momof3 in Marshall, Virginia

24 months ago

I recently applied for a CSSR position with WF. I had my phone interview and am scheduled for a face-to-face with 3 people tomorrow (manager, asst. manager, and DM). Although I do not have much experience in sales, this position requires meeting daily sales goals. My question is, is there anyone out there that landed this type of position without sales experience? Are the goals hard to reach? What shoul I be prepared to answer at my interview? Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

iDOwanttoworkatwellsfargo in Arvada, Colorado

23 months ago

i passed the group interview. got a phone call from the manager to schedule the second interview. but when she called me, i was at work, so she left her phone number and a msg that said to call her back before 6pm. after i got off work at 4 pm i gave her a call. noone answered. i left a voicemail with my info. noone called me back. the next day i tried to call again. noone answered. i was sent to the voicemail again. i called again in couple hours. same situation. then i called to the branch itself. noone picked up the phone. i tried again in an hour. a guy took my phone number and name and said he would give it to the manager. its almost 6pm... and... noone called me. i don't know what to do. i do want this job.and i was so happy when i got the voicemail saying that i passed the group interview...

finere in Orangeburg, South Carolina

21 months ago

i applied for a customner service rep3 postion my interview is today.. anybody have any tips?

andyxramirez in Oxnard, California

21 months ago

Applied for a teller position about 3 weeks ago. passed my group interview then a week later when I received an email, I got called by a branch manager to come in for a interview for today. So now I'm just waiting for a call. Wish me luck:)

Jake J in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

So I had a regular Wells Fargo teller group interview on 6/4/13, I honestly feel that I nailed all the questions perfectly and way better then other applicants. No stuttering, direct eye contact the interviewer etc. It has been over a week now.

I emailed her asking about where my application stood and any advice and reapplying myself for a teller position at Wells Fargo. So hopefully she'll notice and recognize that I really want this job and reply to me.

Any advice? because I really can't believe I haven't heard back from them.... I'm losing hope by the day.

Completely Broke and Broken in Cleveland, Ohio

19 months ago

Jake J, I wouldn't lose sleep over it; there's probably 200-250 applicants for the job. Employers simply may not respond at all, which I still think is rude...but such is the world these days. I'd like to send a copy of Emily Post's quintessential guide to etiquette for every crass potential employer I've come across.

nick93 in El Cajon, California

19 months ago

Hello, I have my second interview today and it will be with a branch manager. Can anyone give me any tips or questions from this interview? I passed the group interview and got a call about a week and a half later asking me to call this branch manager and she scheduled an interview date with me. Please help.

Bluetea in Texas

19 months ago

Completely Broke and Broken in Cleveland, Ohio said: Jake J, I wouldn't lose sleep over it; there's probably 200-250 applicants for the job. Employers simply may not respond at all, which I still think is rude...but such is the world these days. I'd like to send a copy of Emily Post's quintessential guide to etiquette for every crass potential employer I've come across.

They would wipe their butts with it. They had an opening for a part-time box office cashier where I work. They had over 300 applicants.

Who needs manners today?

nyeisha.taylor@yahoo.com

19 months ago

I recently went to my group interview for teller, I passed my first interview but I don't know,what to expect for my second interview. The lady mentioned to us before we left that if we were to be called back for a second interview the interviewer looks at how hard we prepared for the interview. What should i review before going to the second interview to win them over.

uvawise03 in Radford, Virginia

19 months ago

POPPY in Hayward, California said: they dont do phone interview anymore, u should call call center and get an appointment date for interwiew!! its a group interwiew , 10-14 people , they ask same questions people and when its your turn you are answering.. Easy!! Mainly customer service questions..

They actually do phone interviews, sometimes you have two interviews

nikki in Sunnyvale, California

18 months ago

Audrey, S.F.,Ca in Concord, California said: I just applied a job at Wells Fargo. Can anyone kindly provide me some interview tips? (or phone interview quesions)

Thanks

i just two days ago had a group interview. it was 7 of us total. my friend just got abhored a month ago and they asked her group and ym group the exact same questions. "give a example of a time that you had give great customer service" and "tell me a time you went above and beyond your duties to help a customer" and "give us a goal you planned and how you accomplished it and what you learned from it"

Nenabb23 in Hayward, California

17 months ago

So I applied for wells Fargo yesterday online right away I did an web assessment test, and they send me an email telling me I have a interview next week with them im so scared what should I expect?...I have no experience as a teller,should I expect a group interview
. or a one-on one...and what well they ask me !

sm1988 in Kyle, Texas

17 months ago

I don't understand. I applied for a teller position which I have 1.5 experience and 8 months in PB experience. I took the assessment test and got I qualify for an interview but there are no times available. They will email me when times are available. I've received two emails and with in 10 minutes I checked the times and nothing! I'm starting to think that I don't want to work for this company if they don't want my experience and knowledge!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

worrynomore in High Point, North Carolina

17 months ago

I just wanted to give a little insight on this for anyone. I know this whole process can be quite nerve wrecking. So, here's my story. I applied for Wells Fargo numerous times for a span of about 4 years all to no avail. Finally, I got to the skills/assessment part of the application and passed it. I received an email saying that "I was qualified for an interview, but there were currently no interview times available. Please wait for another email when more slots become available." About a month later I received an email and immediately went online to reserve a spot for the next Monday. The first interview was a group interview which consisted of the recruiter and about 11 other individuals. She went around the room and gave each person the opportunity to introduce themselves and state their background and why they would like to work for Wells Faro. After that she asked two questions that were both customer service/sales related. This gave each person a chance to kind of brag about their accomplishments. The first interview about about 1.5 hours. At the end of the interview each candidate was told it they were selected they would be contacted in 5 days, if not, they would receive an email. Fortunately, I got a phone call about 3 days later and was told I "qualified to move forward in the interview process". The next interview was that following Monday with the District Manager. He was very friendly and had a very pleasant demeanor. I did notice when he greeted me, he looked from head to toe to ensure I followed the dress code. The second interview took about 30 minutes. I was asked about 6 different questions related to customer service and background. Some of the questions were: "what would you do if your cash drawer was $500 short?" "Name a time when you feel you went above and beyond for a customer" "When learning something new, what is the easiest way for you to do so?" "How would you handle an upset or disgruntled customer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

worrynomore in High Point, North Carolina

17 months ago

At the end of the interview I was told he still had a pool of candidates to interview but I would hear something within 5 days. 24 hours I received an email from the recruiter stating that I moved forward in the process and I needed to do fingerprints and fill out paperwork for a background check. I got my fingerprints done the next morning and was very very nervous because I don't have a spotless background. As a matter of fact, I was worried that I would fail it due to my past. A few stupid mistakes, messed up credit, horrible driving record, etc. I was informed that the background check could take anywhere from 4 days to several weeks. Fortunately, it only took 48 hours for all my info to come back. I received a call from the recruiter saying that I passed and she extended me an offer to start in two weeks. It just goes to show that if it is meant to be it will be! God's speed to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

noblecharm in Valencia, California

16 months ago

I had an interview for wells fargo and the manager told us to expect an email on Tuesday and its already Thursday. I called the branch I went to but they told me they don't have any information about the person who interviewed me. What do I do??? Its been 1 week

gma

16 months ago

I got to schedule my own interview for a teller position, but the interview is at a different location from where i originally applied at, is that normal?

gma in San Jose, California

16 months ago

gma said: I got to schedule my own interview for a teller position, but the interview is at a different location from where i originally applied at, is that normal?

yes! its first your group interview. when you go you will be interview and asked why are you choosing wells fargo and why are you good at what you are applying for. and then a time you went above and beyond and when u had a bad customer service experience. but at the end you ill be givin a paper with your region and you check off all of the locations you will like to work at. i chose all of them only because i wanted the job and i got it. but you get to pick your area of choice on what branch atleast pick three that are close to home or good for you and tell the inerviewer at the end which ones you really prefer. :)

srikanth9126 in Foster City, California

16 months ago

Hey..I had a group interview like 15 days ago, which went really well according to me !!the recruiter was impressed as well. And she told she would get back in 2 weeks time weather I have been selected or not. So, I am eagerly waiting for my results.
And also would it take this long??

gma in Las Vegas, Nevada

16 months ago

Do you just show up to your group interview? Or do you have to call and make sure is not fake? Should i take my resume with me?
Im pretty nervous but who knows maybe ill be a good candidate for the position

srikanth9126 in Foster City, California

16 months ago

gma in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Do you just show up to your group interview? Or do you have to call and make sure is not fake? Should i take my resume with me?
Im pretty nervous but who knows maybe ill be a good candidate for the position

You need not worry or think of it as fake as long as as you received a legit e-mail from wells fargo..And do show up atleast 10 mins before the scheduled time and carry atleast 2 copies of resume and pls be dressed to impress!!

jade2001 in Deltona, Florida

15 months ago

worrynomore in High Point, North Carolina said: At the end of the interview I was told he still had a pool of candidates to interview but I would hear something within 5 days. 24 hours I received an email from the recruiter stating that I moved forward in the process and I needed to do fingerprints and fill out paperwork for a background check. I got my fingerprints done the next morning and was very very nervous because I don't have a spotless background. As a matter of fact, I was worried that I would fail it due to my past. A few stupid mistakes, messed up credit , horrible driving record, etc. I was informed that the background check could take anywhere from 4 days to several weeks. Fortunately, it only took 48 hours for all my info to come back. I received a call from the recruiter saying that I passed and she extended me an offer to start in two weeks. It just goes to show that if it is meant to be it will be! God's speed to all!

Thank you so much worrynomore! You're post was very uplifting. I have a interview (group) in a week and I was a bit nervous because my my background is the same. What you said at the end " If it is meant to be it will be" made me feel a lot better. God Bless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Christiansburg, Virginia

14 months ago

Got a phone interview for phone banker 1 Position. It was very hard. Asked a lot of scenario/difficult questions.

Flex in San Dimas, California

13 months ago

Hello, I am new here and I really enjoy spending time to find out everyone experience with Wells Fargo. Here is my situation, I just have a group interview next week for a teller position, I am little bit scared and I need help about what to expects. What kind of questions and attitude to prepare.

Thank you

Bee in Florida

12 months ago

If you are not asked to stay back does that mean you are not considered for the position?

Susan in Medford, Oregon

10 months ago

POPPY in Hayward, California said: they dont do phone interview anymore, u should call call center and get an appointment date for interwiew!! its a group interwiew , 10-14 people , they ask same questions people and when its your turn you are answering.. Easy!! Mainly customer service questions..

They DO phone interviews! Maybe they do them again, if they stopped. I have one this week. I just got an email with several choices of times they will call me.

Esbaybayy in Bakersfield, California

2 months ago

Hi everyone,
I have a group interview on wed at 10:30.
I already had a one on one interview with the branch manager
and district managers. But they sent me to the group interview process?
Does anyone know why? They told me i had great answers, but I'm very
nervous about this group interview? Does anyone know why this happened?

steffabie in Stockton, California

4 days ago

I applied online about two weeks ago. I was given an opportunity for a group interview and I went yesterday. The key is to be happy, upbeat, and answer first! They ask you to introduce yourself and your previous job experience. Then she got into the company background and asked questions like "when's a time youve dealt with an unhappy guest and how did you handle that situation and what was the outcome" "name a personal sales goal, how did you achieve it, how long did it take." "Name a professional achievement, what did you learn about yourself" I didn't answer this as a time I dealt with a difficult customer like many did I mentioned how there wasn't a budget for training and I was forced to learn myself. Finally "when's a time you learned a task quickly and efficiently" we were told it would take either 3 to 5 business days for a call back or email but she said she was interviewing a lot of people all week and would call us a week later. I received a call back today from her! She told she was forwarding my information to the branch managers and I'd hear back from them by Monday if I didn't to call her. However 20 minutes later the branch called. They require you bring two copies of your resume. IT'S KEY FOR WOMEN TO DRESS IN PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS WEAR THEIR UNIFORM IS A JACKET OR BLAZER! After I left the first interview I hit target for affordable suit jackets! It's required for the second interview and really should be for the first! Don't allow tattoos to show either look as professional as possible. They key is customer service and speaking clearly and being the first to answer it gives you the upper hand in the group interview

Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.