Interview tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (351 to 399 of 399)
Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8   

finere in Orangeburg, South Carolina

46 months ago

i applied for a customner service rep3 postion my interview is today.. anybody have any tips?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Completely Broke and Broken in Cleveland, Ohio

44 months ago

Jake J, I wouldn't lose sleep over it; there's probably 200-250 applicants for the job. Employers simply may not respond at all, which I still think is rude...but such is the world these days. I'd like to send a copy of Emily Post's quintessential guide to etiquette for every crass potential employer I've come across.

Reply - Report abuse

nick93 in El Cajon, California

44 months ago

Hello, I have my second interview today and it will be with a branch manager. Can anyone give me any tips or questions from this interview? I passed the group interview and got a call about a week and a half later asking me to call this branch manager and she scheduled an interview date with me. Please help.

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

44 months ago

Completely Broke and Broken in Cleveland, Ohio said: Jake J, I wouldn't lose sleep over it; there's probably 200-250 applicants for the job. Employers simply may not respond at all, which I still think is rude...but such is the world these days. I'd like to send a copy of Emily Post's quintessential guide to etiquette for every crass potential employer I've come across.

They would wipe their butts with it. They had an opening for a part-time box office cashier where I work. They had over 300 applicants.

Who needs manners today?

Reply - Report abuse

uvawise03 in Radford, Virginia

44 months ago

POPPY in Hayward, California said: they dont do phone interview anymore, u should call call center and get an appointment date for interwiew!! its a group interwiew , 10-14 people , they ask same questions people and when its your turn you are answering.. Easy!! Mainly customer service questions..

They actually do phone interviews, sometimes you have two interviews

Reply - Report abuse

nikki in Sunnyvale, California

43 months ago

Audrey, S.F.,Ca in Concord, California said: I just applied a job at Wells Fargo. Can anyone kindly provide me some interview tips? (or phone interview quesions)

Thanks

i just two days ago had a group interview. it was 7 of us total. my friend just got abhored a month ago and they asked her group and ym group the exact same questions. "give a example of a time that you had give great customer service" and "tell me a time you went above and beyond your duties to help a customer" and "give us a goal you planned and how you accomplished it and what you learned from it"

Reply - Report abuse

Nenabb23 in Hayward, California

42 months ago

So I applied for wells Fargo yesterday online right away I did an web assessment test, and they send me an email telling me I have a interview next week with them im so scared what should I expect?...I have no experience as a teller,should I expect a group interview
. or a one-on one...and what well they ask me !

Reply - Report abuse

sm1988 in Kyle, Texas

42 months ago

I don't understand. I applied for a teller position which I have 1.5 experience and 8 months in PB experience. I took the assessment test and got I qualify for an interview but there are no times available. They will email me when times are available. I've received two emails and with in 10 minutes I checked the times and nothing! I'm starting to think that I don't want to work for this company if they don't want my experience and knowledge!

Reply - Report abuse

worrynomore in High Point, North Carolina

42 months ago

I just wanted to give a little insight on this for anyone. I know this whole process can be quite nerve wrecking. So, here's my story. I applied for Wells Fargo numerous times for a span of about 4 years all to no avail. Finally, I got to the skills/assessment part of the application and passed it. I received an email saying that "I was qualified for an interview, but there were currently no interview times available. Please wait for another email when more slots become available." About a month later I received an email and immediately went online to reserve a spot for the next Monday. The first interview was a group interview which consisted of the recruiter and about 11 other individuals. She went around the room and gave each person the opportunity to introduce themselves and state their background and why they would like to work for Wells Faro. After that she asked two questions that were both customer service/sales related. This gave each person a chance to kind of brag about their accomplishments. The first interview about about 1.5 hours. At the end of the interview each candidate was told it they were selected they would be contacted in 5 days, if not, they would receive an email. Fortunately, I got a phone call about 3 days later and was told I "qualified to move forward in the interview process". The next interview was that following Monday with the District Manager. He was very friendly and had a very pleasant demeanor. I did notice when he greeted me, he looked from head to toe to ensure I followed the dress code. The second interview took about 30 minutes. I was asked about 6 different questions related to customer service and background. Some of the questions were: "what would you do if your cash drawer was $500 short?" "Name a time when you feel you went above and beyond for a customer" "When learning something new, what is the easiest way for you to do so?" "How would you handle an upset or disgruntled customer?

Reply - Report abuse

worrynomore in High Point, North Carolina

42 months ago

At the end of the interview I was told he still had a pool of candidates to interview but I would hear something within 5 days. 24 hours I received an email from the recruiter stating that I moved forward in the process and I needed to do fingerprints and fill out paperwork for a background check. I got my fingerprints done the next morning and was very very nervous because I don't have a spotless background. As a matter of fact, I was worried that I would fail it due to my past. A few stupid mistakes, messed up credit, horrible driving record, etc. I was informed that the background check could take anywhere from 4 days to several weeks. Fortunately, it only took 48 hours for all my info to come back. I received a call from the recruiter saying that I passed and she extended me an offer to start in two weeks. It just goes to show that if it is meant to be it will be! God's speed to all!

Reply - Report abuse

noblecharm in Valencia, California

41 months ago

I had an interview for wells fargo and the manager told us to expect an email on Tuesday and its already Thursday. I called the branch I went to but they told me they don't have any information about the person who interviewed me. What do I do??? Its been 1 week

Reply - Report abuse

gma

41 months ago

I got to schedule my own interview for a teller position, but the interview is at a different location from where i originally applied at, is that normal?

Reply - Report abuse

gma in San Jose, California

41 months ago

gma said: I got to schedule my own interview for a teller position, but the interview is at a different location from where i originally applied at, is that normal?

yes! its first your group interview. when you go you will be interview and asked why are you choosing wells fargo and why are you good at what you are applying for. and then a time you went above and beyond and when u had a bad customer service experience. but at the end you ill be givin a paper with your region and you check off all of the locations you will like to work at. i chose all of them only because i wanted the job and i got it. but you get to pick your area of choice on what branch atleast pick three that are close to home or good for you and tell the inerviewer at the end which ones you really prefer. :)

Reply - Report abuse

srikanth9126 in Foster City, California

41 months ago

Hey..I had a group interview like 15 days ago, which went really well according to me !!the recruiter was impressed as well. And she told she would get back in 2 weeks time weather I have been selected or not. So, I am eagerly waiting for my results.
And also would it take this long??

Reply - Report abuse

gma in Las Vegas, Nevada

41 months ago

Do you just show up to your group interview? Or do you have to call and make sure is not fake? Should i take my resume with me?
Im pretty nervous but who knows maybe ill be a good candidate for the position

Reply - Report abuse

srikanth9126 in Foster City, California

41 months ago

gma in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Do you just show up to your group interview? Or do you have to call and make sure is not fake? Should i take my resume with me?
Im pretty nervous but who knows maybe ill be a good candidate for the position

You need not worry or think of it as fake as long as as you received a legit e-mail from wells fargo..And do show up atleast 10 mins before the scheduled time and carry atleast 2 copies of resume and pls be dressed to impress!!

Reply - Report abuse

jade2001 in Deltona, Florida

40 months ago

worrynomore in High Point, North Carolina said: At the end of the interview I was told he still had a pool of candidates to interview but I would hear something within 5 days. 24 hours I received an email from the recruiter stating that I moved forward in the process and I needed to do fingerprints and fill out paperwork for a background check. I got my fingerprints done the next morning and was very very nervous because I don't have a spotless background. As a matter of fact, I was worried that I would fail it due to my past. A few stupid mistakes, messed up credit , horrible driving record, etc. I was informed that the background check could take anywhere from 4 days to several weeks. Fortunately, it only took 48 hours for all my info to come back. I received a call from the recruiter saying that I passed and she extended me an offer to start in two weeks. It just goes to show that if it is meant to be it will be! God's speed to all!

Thank you so much worrynomore! You're post was very uplifting. I have a interview (group) in a week and I was a bit nervous because my my background is the same. What you said at the end " If it is meant to be it will be" made me feel a lot better. God Bless!

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Christiansburg, Virginia

39 months ago

Got a phone interview for phone banker 1 Position. It was very hard. Asked a lot of scenario/difficult questions.

Reply - Report abuse

Flex in San Dimas, California

38 months ago

Hello, I am new here and I really enjoy spending time to find out everyone experience with Wells Fargo. Here is my situation, I just have a group interview next week for a teller position, I am little bit scared and I need help about what to expects. What kind of questions and attitude to prepare.

Thank you

Reply - Report abuse

Bee in Florida

37 months ago

If you are not asked to stay back does that mean you are not considered for the position?

Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Medford, Oregon

35 months ago

POPPY in Hayward, California said: they dont do phone interview anymore, u should call call center and get an appointment date for interwiew!! its a group interwiew , 10-14 people , they ask same questions people and when its your turn you are answering.. Easy!! Mainly customer service questions..

They DO phone interviews! Maybe they do them again, if they stopped. I have one this week. I just got an email with several choices of times they will call me.

Reply - Report abuse

Esbaybayy in Bakersfield, California

27 months ago

Hi everyone,
I have a group interview on wed at 10:30.
I already had a one on one interview with the branch manager
and district managers. But they sent me to the group interview process?
Does anyone know why? They told me i had great answers, but I'm very
nervous about this group interview? Does anyone know why this happened?

Reply - Report abuse

steffabie in Stockton, California

25 months ago

I applied online about two weeks ago. I was given an opportunity for a group interview and I went yesterday. The key is to be happy, upbeat, and answer first! They ask you to introduce yourself and your previous job experience. Then she got into the company background and asked questions like "when's a time youve dealt with an unhappy guest and how did you handle that situation and what was the outcome" "name a personal sales goal, how did you achieve it, how long did it take." "Name a professional achievement, what did you learn about yourself" I didn't answer this as a time I dealt with a difficult customer like many did I mentioned how there wasn't a budget for training and I was forced to learn myself. Finally "when's a time you learned a task quickly and efficiently" we were told it would take either 3 to 5 business days for a call back or email but she said she was interviewing a lot of people all week and would call us a week later. I received a call back today from her! She told she was forwarding my information to the branch managers and I'd hear back from them by Monday if I didn't to call her. However 20 minutes later the branch called. They require you bring two copies of your resume. IT'S KEY FOR WOMEN TO DRESS IN PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS WEAR THEIR UNIFORM IS A JACKET OR BLAZER! After I left the first interview I hit target for affordable suit jackets! It's required for the second interview and really should be for the first! Don't allow tattoos to show either look as professional as possible. They key is customer service and speaking clearly and being the first to answer it gives you the upper hand in the group interview

Reply - Report abuse

teresa6138 in Buffalo, New York

23 months ago

I applied for a few positions at Wells Fargo for a mortgage position. 2 were a little above my experience and the other 2 were well suited for my experience. The status changed to declined for the 2 above my experience almost right away. I did get 2 phone interviews for the other 2. I applied for the same position in 2 separate cities within the same state. The question that I have is I applied over a month ago and the interviews were done 3 weeks ago I have not heard anything but my status still says submitted not declined. Is it normal to have that long go by without hearing anything? I did email the recruiter and she said I will hear something by 3/6/15. Then I emailed again and she said they will be making a decision by 3/18/15. I still have not heard anything and I'm afraid to keep contacting them because I feel like I'm harassing them lo. At the same time, I am also worried that if they do give me the job I will only have 3 weeks to move across country I'm not sure if that's even possible. Has anyone had to wait that long to get an offer after a 2nd interview or is that most likely a decline even though the status is not changed?

Reply - Report abuse

Kjohnson0216 in Decatur, Georgia

16 months ago

Does anyone have the 1800 number that is used to set up an appointment/group interview

Reply - Report abuse

irishvintayen in San leandro, California

15 months ago

Is anyone here got an email for 5thday and its a yes?thanks in advance dor whoever will answer my question

Reply - Report abuse

Sofia in Glendale, California

12 months ago

Hi, can you please tell us what questions do they ask during the interview with hiring manager?? I've also passed the group interview and waiting for the dates for the second one now.
Thanks

Reply - Report abuse

headinclouds in Brooklyn, New York

12 months ago

Sofia in Glendale, California said: Hi, can you please tell us what questions do they ask during the interview with hiring manager?? I've also passed the group interview and waiting for the dates for the second one now.
Thanks

I have my first group interview soon at Wells Fargo. How was your experience? Do they ask everyone to answer the same questions?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Well i passed the first interview, which was a group interview:

Questions were about achievements, sales goals and irate customers..

Second interview was with hiring manager in a branch and there was also one more person:

Questions were: what will i do if i'm 500 short in the end of the day, sales goals etc...nothing new.

Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Sofia in Glendale, California said: Well i passed the first interview, which was a group interview:

Questions were about achievements, sales goals and irate customers..

Second interview was with hiring manager in a branch and there was also one more person:

Questions were: what will i do if i'm 500 short in the end of the day, sales goals etc...nothing new.

GOTCHA! Thanks for responding, is everyone given the chance to answer the same questions though? or is everyone given a specific question?

Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

During the first group intervew everybody had to answer same 3 questions

Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Sofia in Glendale, California said: During the first group intervew everybody had to answer same 3 questions

ooh okay, thank you!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Sofia in Glendale, California said: Hi, can you please tell us what questions do they ask during the interview with hiring manager?? I've also passed the group interview and waiting for the dates for the second one now.
Thanks

Hey any updates on the job? I just had my second interview today.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

kim117 in Birmingham, Alabama

10 months ago

Update I didn't get the job so if you have bad checks don't waste your time I had four they were paid off happen 25 years ago still coming up til this day bummer....

Reply - Report abuse

Leeeedin in Phoenix, Arizona

10 months ago

I had my group interview on april 11 i was a little nervous but I was prepared. We were about 10 candidates. I have work experience of customer service, sales and cahsiering. Second year college student majoring in accounting, time availability is almsot full open and also I have a referral( meaning I know someone who works at wells fargo) today is april 16 and didn't get any news whether i will get a chance for a second interview or not. And I'm not sure if I should call them to follow up I have heard that they will not respod or that would be a negative sign against me, so I don't know, i hope I get this job

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

Leeeedin in Phoenix, Arizona said: I had my group interview on april 11 i was a little nervous but I was prepared. We were about 10 candidates. I have work experience of customer service, sales and cahsiering. Second year college student majoring in accounting, time availability is almsot full open and also I have a referral( meaning I know someone who works at wells fargo) today is april 16 and didn't get any news whether i will get a chance for a second interview or not. And I'm not sure if I should call them to follow up I have heard that they will not respod or that would be a negative sign against me, so I don't know, i hope I get this job

Send a thank you letter for the opportunity, I was called the second day for my second interview & when I was called, I was in the process of sending my thank you email. From there you should know if you're being considered. Good luck!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

headinclouds in Brooklyn, New York said: Send a thank you letter for the opportunity, I was called the second day for my second interview & when I was called, I was in the process of sending my thank you email. From there you should know if you're being considered. Good luck!

Thank you. But I have no personal email or number to send them a thank you letter. All I have is this automatic email that says don't reply back. It's been a few days I don't know if it's the right time for a thank you letter, what do you think?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

Who emailed you regarding the interview? I know you schedule your own interview but usually you get a confirmation email.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

headinclouds in Brooklyn, New York said: Who emailed you regarding the interview? I know you schedule your own interview but usually you get a confirmation email.

All the emails were automatic. There were no personal emails, they probably don't want candidates to contact them

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

I have a question. What does the "screen" mean under status? In my wells fargo account in my activity section, does that mean anything? Should I be worried?

Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

Leeeedin in Phoenix, Arizona said: I have a question. What does the "screen" mean under status? In my wells fargo account in my activity section, does that mean anything? Should I be worried?

Screening usually refers to being interviewed.

Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

headinclouds in Brooklyn, New York said: Screening usually refers to being interviewed.

There are two of screening where I looked. One in "my activity section" and another in "view screening" section. I was talking about the one in my activity, i remember the interviewer said I can check my status there, does it mean that I am about to be called?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

I recieved an email from wells fargo saying: (We invite you to submit job application(s) for the following job opening(s)) and they have given me a few jobs to choose that I marked them in the group interview last week. So I applied to all of three jobs thay told me. Can anyone explain what is happening ?? Thanks in advance

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Phoenix, Arizona

9 months ago

It's been 2 months since I group interviewed, since then I interviewed at 3 different branches and was declined one after another. And I am well qualified I have work experience in sales, costumer service and cashiering. I'm finishing my second year in college majoring accounting, and above all that I had an employee referral. Not a normal employee referral the person I know who works at 15 branches at wells fargo and for almost 8 years. Yet they declined me. I talked to a seevice manager and she said keep applying, that's what I can only tell you. I don't know what they want I did very well in all the interviews i was on time and dressed very well. I showed interest and they knew I have been applying all this time. isn't just that enough prove that I am interested??? In all the interviews they asked me the same exact questions i can't take it anymore lol if i do another interview it's gonna be the exact questions which i'mtired of

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

petit mignon in San Diego, California

9 months ago

Lee in Phoenix, Arizona said: I'm finishing my second year in college majoring accounting, and above all that I had an employee referral.

Seriously, why the heck are you applying to Wells Fargo as a teller (or banker?) if you're majoring in accounting? You can get internships that pay more hourly (literally double), are more flexible, and provide legitimate experience that will "take you farther" (see what I did there?) in your accounting career.

The only valuable experience that Wells Fargo consumer banking gives you are:
- how to smile even when you're passed a note from a robber,
- how to sweet talk innocent victims - I mean customers
- how to be punctual because if you're 1 minute late, you're written up. Silver lining?!
- how to count money quickly if you can't already. Card tricks are better, of course

I've done my time at Wells Fargo, and I'm glad they gave me a chance (I've got a clean record). I learned very little, if any at all, but it was a paycheck while interviewing for other jobs. Attrition is high every 6 months. Trust me, accounting/finance experience is so much more lucrative if you're looking to go farther in your accounting career.

Reply - Report abuse

Torresstephanie16 in El Paso, Texas

3 months ago

So I recently went for my one on one interview. It was last Wednesday and haven't heard anything yet. Do they run your background before they let you know if you get the job or what happens next ?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jubar in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

2 months ago

Torresstephanie16 in El Paso, Texas said: So I recently went for my one on one interview. It was last Wednesday and haven't heard anything yet. Do they run your background before they let you know if you get the job or what happens next ?

Any update? I had my one on one around the same time you did and nothing still.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jubar in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

2 months ago

Anyone remember how long after the one on one with the branch manager did it take to get a cal back? I know they said they had more interviews to go through as I was the first one but it's been over 15 days and Idk what's going on. I have even emailed the branch manager with an update.

Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

amani in Canton, Georgia

1 month ago

Meez in San Francisco, California said: Hi everyone,

Here is a summary of my quest to get a job with Wells Fargo as a Teller so far:

6/16- I submitted an online application at WellsFargo.com.

6/17- I got a phone call from them for a phone interview. Simple questions, I did very well.

6/18 and 6/19 - I called them frequently and asked if there were any appointments/group interview slots available. They had nothing available but I kept on being persistent.

6/20- I called them again and this time, they scheduled me for a group interview for the coming Tuesday.

6/24- I went in for the group interview. 8 people, mostly young and inexperienced (but then again so was I). Paperwork, then introductions, then "skit" (selling a checking/savings account ), then biggest accomplishment in life so far, then bounce...it took roughly 2 hours. We were told we would be getting a phone call if they were interested.

As of 6/28, no call yet. I'm pretty worried since I've invested so much time and energy in this whole journey, but then again, it's only been 4 days...I will keep you all updated!

If there is a lesson learned from my process so far, it's to be very very persistent and not to wait for them to call you. In a matter of 8 days, I was able to submit an application, get a phone interview, and go in for a group interview. If all goes well, I could start training sometime next week!

Hopefully, they will contact me soon. Wish me luck everyone!

Peace!

hi, what kind of question they asked you in the interview day. thank you

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.