Personal Banker 2nd Interview Tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

jon Smith in Huntington Beach, California

68 months ago

Anyone have any inside on the 2nd interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (116) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

How long does it take to report back to you after the first interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Interview tips

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BeckyF in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

jon Smith in Huntington Beach, California said: Anyone have any inside on the 2nd interview?

I heard back 1 week after the interviews were complete.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lwells in San Jose, California

66 months ago

Hi
I applied for the Personal Banker 2 position at Wells Fargo and received an email asking me to call an 888 number. I called and the lady asked me a few questions about customer service, and how I handle a conflict situation. She also asked me if I received any awards or recognition after I spoke of a situation where I helped a client as well as close the deal. As soon as I answered that I did not receive any recognition, she cut me off as I was trying to explain that I did close the transaction yielding a commission of $27k.
The lady was very short, unfriendly and seemed very unhappy about her job. When I talk to people like this, I have to remind myself that we are all different and she is probably a wonderful human being.

Anyway, at the end of the conversation, she said someone will be contacting me to setup an interview.

My question is, I saw some replies on this site where the appt is set immediately by the recruiter after the screening questions. Did I goof on the screening and lost my chances of a position at WF?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leeKah in Denver, Colorado

66 months ago

No you didn't goof up. They will call you as soon as an interview appointment is available. But call frequently so they know you are still interested. In my case, I wasn't able to go in the first time they called me and I had to wait a month before they asked me to come in for the interview. I'm not sure if they were testing me to see if I still wanted the job... Well I called them often and they kept telling me I was at a good status. I had applied for several locations, so when I started receiving e-mail saying "thanks for applying, we found someone else" I became concerned and called wanting explanations. The second time I called the girl said that they were just going to call me to invite for an interview.
The group interview went OK, now I am waiting for a second interview. The recruiter said she needs to ask me additional questions, and judging from the other people here in the site, this is not common, so I am worried...

Anyone has any info on what they ask on the second interview? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lwells in San Jose, California

65 months ago

To leekah in Denver or anyone else who can help.
I spoke to a recruiter over the phone. She said someone will contact me for an interview. After 10 days, I called the same 888 number and they scheduled me for a group interview.

Does anyone know what this group interview is like and what sort of questions do they ask? Is it held by the recruiter and how many people are there trying to get the same PB job?

Hope yal can help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gallup in miami, Florida

47 months ago

lwells in San Jose, California said: Hi
I applied for the Personal Banker 2 position at Wells Fargo and received an email asking me to call an 888 number. I called and the lady asked me a few questions about customer service, and how I handle a conflict situation. She also asked me if I received any awards or recognition after I spoke of a situation where I helped a client as well as close the deal. As soon as I answered that I did not receive any recognition, she cut me off as I was trying to explain that I did close the transaction yielding a commission of $27k.
The lady was very short, unfriendly and seemed very unhappy about her job. When I talk to people like this, I have to remind myself that we are all different and she is probably a wonderful human being.

Anyway, at the end of the conversation, she said someone will be contacting me to setup an interview.

My question is, I saw some replies on this site where the appt is set immediately by the recruiter after the screening questions. Did I goof on the screening and lost my chances of a position at WF?

Consider yourself lucky and the woman's treatment of you is INDICATIVE of life in the Wachovia/Wells world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

banker in san jose in San Jose, California

43 months ago

I had applied for several Personal Banker Positions in the Bay Area and had received an email from WF to contact a recruiter at the 800# for a phone interview. I immediately called the 800# and spoke to a recruiter who asked me a few questions. He said he was trying to see when an opening for the next group interview will be and later replied they have no appts. available. He said I will receive an email or call from them when there is availability for the group interview in my area. It has been one month now and I never heard back from the 800# although he said I passed the phone screening.
Do you know how long the wait time is for a group interview now?
I asked him if the Branch Location that I checked off during the online assessment procedure had anything to do with where my group interview would be held (Cupertino vs. Fremont Branch). He said no.
I spoke to another recruiter at the 800# when following up on when the next group interview will be held and this recruiter and his supervisor said it has everything to do with the location of the group interview. I asked if I could change my branch preference to a San Jose Branch so I could attend a group interview in San Jose as opposed to Oakland (for EAST BAY Branches including Fremont, etc.) and I was told by the supervisor that he would request it.

Does anyone know how long it is currently taking to be scheduled for a group interview in East Bay, San Jose or Peninsula areas?

Thanks for your assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.