WELLS FARGO BACKGROUND CHECK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

Miss T in Houston, Texas

27 months ago

Did my two interviews, did wonderful and now.. i recently got a call from Wells Fargo and got hired, now they told me i had to get a background check and finger print screening, i've scheduled my appointment for the finger prints and i've never did get finger printed in my adult ages. BUT i did get a misdemeanor C theft under $50 when i was 17 which in Texas is considered an Adult. I was offered the deferred but i instead had to pay the $500 and its on my record because they told me it was to late to take my deferred classes, etc. Basically, i'm scared they might use that against me and take the job away from me. My question is.. has anyone been in this situation and ended up getting hired? .. i really look forward to going to training, they have me scheduled to train on Oct 1, 2012. and now i'm scared they will give me that phone call that i didn't make the background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Miss T in Houston, Texas

27 months ago

I'm still waiting for the phone call at the moment! Did my fingerprint screening on Monday, so we'll see!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

msthickness in Florida

27 months ago

So am I!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

choney in Charlotte, North Carolina

27 months ago

From my readings on well fargo site that cannot hire you for anything thats has to do with dishonesty and the section19 takes a few months to complete. The only reason I know that is because I work at a bank now. But if you werent finger printed you should be fine. The recruiter told me it does take atleast a week or so vecause the do a intense background check.

msthickness in Florida

27 months ago

That's true to a certain extent. Under Section 19 of the FDIC there is s clause of "de minimis" basically if you were convicted or pled to a crime of dishonesty as long as it was more than 5 years ago, less than $1,000; no jail time, only one charge, then you will fall under the de minimus rules and you will be cleared. If you notice on some of the postings, some people with misdeameanor thefts have passed the background check.

The regular FDIC waiver does take a little longer, if you do not fall under the "de minimus" rule.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Miss T in Spring, Texas

27 months ago

I actually have a lot of friends that work at banks, & they tell me it should be fine because I was 17. But you never know. All I do now is just wait & pray... & if I don't get the job. Then it is what it is! I'm a college student and work at another job so this extra job at wells would've been nice but once again it is what is !

Miss T in Dallas, Texas

27 months ago

Okay, just for the update. I got the call today & my background did effect me working here. So if you do have a misdemeanor of that sort. You won't get hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

msthickness in Florida

27 months ago

Miss T in Dallas, Texas said: Okay, just for the update. I got the call today & my background did effect me working here. So if you do have a misdemeanor of that sort. You won't get hired.

Wow... Ok. Thanks. Why don't you meet the de minimus laws under Section 19 it seems like you would. You crime was less than $1000 you did no jail time you only have one crime, was it more than 5 years ago?

Choney

27 months ago

O wow....well your in school right now and im sure u have nothing but sucess ahead of u thats just sucks cause it was so long ago. Did they even let u explain?

Miss T in Dallas, Texas said: Okay, just for the update. I got the call today & my background did effect me working here. So if you do have a misdemeanor of that sort. You won't get hired.

Choney

27 months ago

How is your wait going any new word?

msthickness in Florida said: That's true to a certain extent. Under Section 19 of the FDIC there is s clause of "de minimis" basically if you were convicted or pled to a crime of dishonesty as long as it was more than 5 years ago, less than $1,000; no jail time, only one charge, then you will fall under the de minimus rules and you will be cleared. If you notice on some of the postings, some people with misdeameanor thefts have passed the background check.

The regular FDIC waiver does take a little longer, if you do not fall under the "de minimus" rule.

Miss T in Dallas, Texas

27 months ago

No they didn't let me explain. Just said unfortunately I didn't meet the background check requirements. They'll be a letter in the mail of what that offense was that didn't let me get hired & how I can appeal it.
But thank you! I'll get over it, other opportunities out there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

msthickness in Florida

27 months ago

Miss T in Dallas, Texas said: No they didn't let me explain. Just said unfortunately I didn't meet the background check requirements. They'll be a letter in the mail of what that offense was that didn't let me get hired & how I can appeal it.
But thank you! I'll get over it, other opportunities out there!

Miss T.. That's really messed up. You are young, however, apply for your FDIC waiver regardless. It costs nothing and you'll never know when you just may need it.

Choney

27 months ago

Well as for me im scheduled for my last interview next wk for a personal banker well c how it goes..

Miss T in Dallas, Texas

27 months ago

Thanks, I'll do that!

WaitingToHear!! in Marina Del Rey, California

26 months ago

Miss T,

Did you get the Letter in the mail, explaining why?

26 months ago

Had a strong closing interview Friday she told me I had the job without saying it but she did say I was over qualified for the position so hopefully that does not work against me. So waiting now for the final verdict she said almost a week or more wait hopefully not fingers crossed.....

26 months ago

msthickness in Florida said: No word yet.

still no word....

Ineligible for Hire in Saint Louis, Missouri

25 months ago

WFPB in North Wales, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

I got a call to offer me the position PB two days ago, and I did finger print today. But, the problem is my past employment history. I currently work at another bank right now, but in my last two jobs, I usually got a personal check from the past employers. And, one of them is now out of business, and I tried to contact him, but I wasn't able to. Is it going to be a problem for my background check?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kassi Fretty in Texas

25 months ago

choney in Charlotte, North Carolina said: still no word....

Did you get the job

Kassi Fretty in Texas

25 months ago

Miss T in Houston, Texas said: Did my two interviews, did wonderful and now.. i recently got a call from Wells Fargo and got hired, now they told me i had to get a background check and finger print screening, i've scheduled my appointment for the finger prints and i've never did get finger printed in my adult ages. BUT i did get a misdemeanor C theft under $50 when i was 17 which in Texas is considered an Adult. I was offered the deferred but i instead had to pay the $500 and its on my record because they told me it was to late to take my deferred classes, etc. Basically, i'm scared they might use that against me and take the job away from me. My question is.. has anyone been in this situation and ended up getting hired? .. i really look forward to going to training, they have me scheduled to train on Oct 1, 2012. and now i'm scared they will give me that phone call that i didn't make the background check.

When this happen you were 17 , how you now in have 5 years past since then, also when you did you app did you mention this when doing the background question

Cheryl in Sonora, California

25 months ago

Does a misdemeanor, class B, in another state effect a job at Wells Fargo in California? It was almost 5 years ago. It happened in Uatah and I did serve jail time. Thank youin advance for any help!!

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington

24 months ago

Cheryl in Sonora, California said: Does a misdemeanor, class B, in another state effect a job at Wells Fargo in California? It was almost 5 years ago. It happened in Uatah and I did serve jail time. Thank youin advance for any help!!

Cheryl,

I hate to be negative but want to encourage you to use your energy to get something you are more likely to get.

Seriously, if I was a bank and someone had a criminal record, I wouldn't hire them. It isn't that I think felons are bad, by any means. We all make mistakes. But when it comes to dealing with money, can you blame anyone for only wanting someone with a clean record?

I'm not saying you won't get it. I am simply saying that I'd balance that search out with other places that don't require such sensitivity to money matters.

Kassi Fretty in Katy, Texas

24 months ago

Hey

amy in Port Angeles, Washington

17 months ago

msthickness in Florida said: That's true to a certain extent. Under Section 19 of the FDIC there is s clause of "de minimis" basically if you were convicted or pled to a crime of dishonesty as long as it was more than 5 years ago, less than $1,000; no jail time, only one charge, then you will fall under the de minimus rules and you will be cleared. If you notice on some of the postings, some people with misdeameanor thefts have passed the background check.

Is this the case most of the time? My dismissed convition falls under this de minimus rule and im very nervous how this works!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hpaz00 in New Orleans, Louisiana

17 months ago

I have a question... I have been offered the PB position at Wells Fargo with a start date the 16th of August- all this pending the background check... I have been reported to the state attorney for writing a bad check... It is a criminal offense that has been taken care of with them, I have not been convicted or anything since the case has been paid and closed. Would this come out on the background check?

amy in Port Angeles, Washington

17 months ago

Hpaz00 in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I have a question... I have been offered the PB position at Wells Fargo with a start date the 16th of August- all this pending the background check... I have been reported to the state attorney for writing a bad check... It is a criminal offense that has been taken care of with them, I have not been convicted or anything since the case has been paid and closed. Would this come out on the background check?

mine is very sinilar. only my case is from 8 years ago.

Hpaz00 in New Orleans, Louisiana

17 months ago

amy in Port Angeles, Washington said: mine is very sinilar. only my case is from 8 years ago.

Does anyone know if this is a cause for not hiring, although not convicted, there is a criminal case which is closed.

Mjulietg in Albuquerque, New Mexico

16 months ago

I recently passed the groupd interview and went on to the one on one interviews. HR called me a say later telling me that I was being offered the position as teller, all I had to do was pass the background check and fingerprints. I'm hoping I get this job but I'm a lil scared because a couple of months ago I was dismissed with prejudice on a shoplifting casa. It was a small amount, and I never paid anything, the store never showed up to court and I didn't get community service or anything?

How badly can this affect my chances of getting the job ?

Hpaz00 in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

Hi,
I'm not exact sure, but I think that if the case was dismissed you may get away with it, but also, it was for sho
p lifting, that's a breach of trust and I don't know if they'll surpass that.

Hpaz00 in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

By the way, I was hired, but mine was just for writing a bad check and I was never convicted.

JustHired in Buffalo, Minnesota

5 months ago

Hi.
I just wanted to provide my experience so that others who are worrying may have some clarity. I went through both ny interviews with Wells Fargo and was hired pending my background check, credit check, and fingerprint check ( I was hired as a personal banker).
I have a misdemeanor possession of marijuana on my record, 2 driving without insurance, and a reckless driving charge that showed up. Also, my credit score is 550, with about $5,500 in medical bills on my record. I had to report addresses in Arizona, Virginia, and Minnesota, so my background check took some time.
After waiting 2 weeks, I got a call saying I was approved for hire, and will be starting training soon :)
Good luck to everyone who made it through the interviews, and hopefully that helps provide some insight!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.