Wells Fargo & Background Check (deferred judgment in IA)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 235)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Help in Iowa

56 months ago

Thanks plbible68, I appreciate the response and hope he is right. I do know that because it was deferred that I do not have to say that I have ever been 'convicted', but if I can't get this job with them because of it, then I won't be able to get any job with them, and here in Iowa, they are huge employers. Keeping my fingers crossed for sure!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Stupid in Baltimore, Maryland

56 months ago

Ok, here goes. Unless something has changed, when I went into my interview, I was told I had the job contingent on the background check. I was looked in the eye and told "You can have DUI's, Bankruptcies, Bad credit. The only thing you can not have on your record is a bounced check that ended up going to court." This is a Banking law, not a WF law. You can not have a fiduciary judgment or lien against you. You can have liens and judgments, as long as they are not for bad checks. Believe it or not. This is the was I was hired. I hope this has not changed. Good luck to you. If you have a misdemeanor, I would just leave it as a no. Only worry about Felonies. It was the easiest process I ever went through. One more thing. The hiring manager doesn't even get to see your credit or background. So, no scarlet A running through the office if you get in. They will have no idea. There is a computer generated answer from HR that says Yes or NO within a few day that the hiring manager calls to find your status. Do not lose sleep over this. Take it from me. I have gone through this and have been on the hiring end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

benji1 b in Clive, Iowa

54 months ago

Help in Iowa what happend to your job. did you get it? or did they deny you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Art87 in Rochester, Minnesota

54 months ago

Lorax in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have a possible opportunity with them as well. I have a pending DUI right now, but my license did get suspended and will be reinstated before the interview. What kind of background check do they do? Is it one where they run your SSN or do they actually fingerprint you and send that in to FBI for background check.

it is a thorough background check, with credit check as well...Ive heard DUI affect it, but then also heard it doesnt...I really don't know and have been waiting 3 weeks to hear back..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Help in Iowa

53 months ago

benji1 b in Clive, Iowa said: Help in Iowa what happend to your job. did you get it? or did they deny you?

I went through a 'temp' agency to get into the doors and am about to 'apply' for their position and hopefully become an employee of them. I did pass the background check through the temp agency to get me into the doors. I am not sure what the difference is since the temp agency said Wells did the background check and before I could even start temping that I had to pass it. I obviously did since I have been there since Jan. 11, but am scared that they may do a more thorough one and find that my deferred judgment doesn't qualify me for direct employment with them.

I cannot find any information on my deferred judgment, its essentially like it never existed, but I don't know if it will show up in a nationwide search or not. It doesn't show up under a state search. I told my friend about it, who has worked there for 6 years, and she said if it is expunged, then it shouldn't affect my employment. Unfortunately, it was for a check so I am sure if it shows up my chances are shot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

whoknows in Davenport, Iowa

53 months ago

Help in Iowa said: I went through a 'temp' agency to get into the doors and am about to 'apply' for their position and hopefully become an employee of them. I did pass the background check through the temp agency to get me into the doors. I am not sure what the difference is since the temp agency said Wells did the background check and before I could even start temping that I had to pass it. I obviously did since I have been there since Jan. 11, but am scared that they may do a more thorough one and find that my deferred judgment doesn't qualify me for direct employment with them.

I cannot find any information on my deferred judgment, its essentially like it never existed, but I don't know if it will show up in a nationwide search or not. It doesn't show up under a state search. I told my friend about it, who has worked there for 6 years, and she said if it is expunged, then it shouldn't affect my employment. Unfortunately, it was for a check so I am sure if it shows up my chances are shot!

No worries more than likely you are in the clear. Deferred is not a conviction! Convictions are what stand nothing else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Help in Iowa

52 months ago

whoknows in Davenport, Iowa said: No worries more than likely you are in the clear. Deferred is not a conviction! Convictions are what stand nothing else.

I will keep everyone posted as I think I may actually have a job with them. My sup advised that I apply today since they have 'internal' openings. So, I did and we will see what happens from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Parisunderstars in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

Well did you get the job? Bc I am in the same boat. I am awaiting the background check. I did fingerprinting Monday. I have a class B mis for theft of food and I seriously am praying I get this job. The case is dismissed and it reads "No finding of Guilt" so I am seriously hoping they take non-convictions into consideration. And it Was a deffered judgement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Help in Iowa

52 months ago

I don't know yet. I still haven't undergone their inside interview and had to do all of the background check stuff. Let me know how yours turns out so I know whether to start looking for another job if need be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stormy reins in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

Help in Iowa said: I don't know yet. I still haven't undergone their inside interview and had to do all of the background check stuff. Let me know how yours turns out so I know whether to start looking for another job if need be.

The Verdict is in. On friday 4 days after the fingerprint I got the call. And I can not work there. However Monday the FBI sent me my own results and it states on there "If there was no final disposition this person should be treated Not Guilty" So it makes me mad bc the FBI cleared me but just because I had the charge I could not work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Help in Iowa

52 months ago

That stinks. I have my official interview on Tuesday, so I am freaking out! I don't know if state laws differ in how they report it or not, but if they do it the same as Texas then I am SOL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stormy reins in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

Help in Iowa said: By the way, what position were you applying for? I don't know whether it would matter or not though.

I worked there in the past as a Personal Banker and I was comming back in as a Personal Banker. I was supposed to start June 1st. But goodluck and keep me posted. Btw: I may try one more time in a year or so after I seal My record. Once sealed with a court order a company can be charged for still taking it in as a factor. Even chase states they don't Sealments or Expungments. So we got this- It just might take a little longer. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

NervousGuy

51 months ago

My friend has gone through all 3 interviews, was offered a credit manager position and accepted the job. However, he is currently waiting for his fingerprint results to come back in. He has just graduated from college. During his time in school he had a child, and toward the end of his college career he fell behind on his child support. He now has a lein on his bank account, but plans to start getting back on track once he starts w the company. He has not been in any trouble with the courts or law regarding this issue, or has never bounced a bad check. What do you think will happen? Please respond, he is so nervous and I hate seeing him like this.
Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stormy reins in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

NervousGuy said: My friend has gone through all 3 interviews, was offered a credit manager position and accepted the job. However, he is currently waiting for his fingerprint results to come back in. He has just graduated from college. During his time in school he had a child, and toward the end of his college career he fell behind on his child support. He now has a lein on his bank account, but plans to start getting back on track once he starts w the company. He has not been in any trouble with the courts or law regarding this issue, or has never bounced a bad check. What do you think will happen? Please respond, he is so nervous and I hate seeing him like this.
Thank you!

seriosuly i think nothing will happen bc they can just garnish it from his check when he starts working. They only really care about theft charges even if you weren't convicted. Trust me i know bc I failed the finger print. However i know a banker at chase that had the same issue like your friend and he had 2 assaults he's been working there over 2yrs. he'll be fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

NervousGuy in Auburn, Maine

51 months ago

Stormy reins in Dallas, Texas said: seriosuly i think nothing will happen bc they can just garnish it from his check when he starts working. They only really care about theft charges even if you weren't convicted. Trust me i know bc I failed the finger print. However i know a banker at chase that had the same issue like your friend and he had 2 assaults he's been working there over 2yrs. he'll be fine.

Yes I agree, however, it is coming up on a month, he hasn't heard back, he also has a misdemeanor on his record as well, should he just give up? Is it a bad sign he has not heard back after this long?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stormy reins in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

well as long as the mis is not for theft or anything like that he will be fine. I would call the recruiter. The FBI finger print will mark him for anything but if it was anything but bad checks, theft he will be fine. Then the finger print will come to your house explaining what they found. I got my results and sadly the FBI stated since I was not convicted I should be treated as not guilty but bc i didn't seal it and the bank saw it I was arrested for it they didnt hire me even though I was NEVER convicted and it stated "No finding of guilt"
Keep you head up and call that recruiter. Check your mail too, they will send you a letter if you were denied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Help in Iowa in Earlham, Iowa

51 months ago

Well, I finally was offered a position with them, after temping their for 5 months. I went in for my fingerprints on Friday, so we will see what happens. I would find it quite ironic if they don't hire me based upon my deferred judgment, even though I am and have for the last 5 months done the job that they offered to me. It would seem pretty hypocritical for them to deny me the position, but who knows they are a major corporation who is not very personal to say the least. Does it matter whether it is at wells fargo bank or home mortgage?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lt in Lehi, Utah

51 months ago

Are you guys even sales people? Can you stand the pressure of meeting and making monthly quota's? If not, I don't think this is the right position for you. Everything in finance has to do w/ selling. If you are there for just a paycheck, go work at wal mart or something. I've worked commission-only for 7 years and was successful until the the Lending industry started to crack in 06. I was fortunate to be offered a base-pay plus the ability to make commission. Ask what you can do for your company, not the other way around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

lt in Lehi, Utah

51 months ago

We need to get rid of people who can't sell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

lt in Lehi, Utah

51 months ago

counterfit1121 in Flagstaff, Arizona said: so i have fingerprinting on monday. but when i was eighteen i stole $15 worth of razor blades. my hiring manager and his manager told me since its a misdemeanor to not worry about it. but reading all these comments makes me worried. the charge was set aside but i was told that the fbi can still see it. when it asked me if i have ever been convicted of breach of trust; theft, money laundering, etc i said no because one of the clerks at the court told me legally i can answer that way. was i wrong to answer that way? do you think i will get denied the job? i am kinda mad because today was my last day at my current job and if i dont get the job with wells fargo, i am royally screwed. i think its wrong that they made me quit my current job if they werent 100% sure i was going to get this one. I have two degrees one in finance and one in accounting. if i dont get this job i feel as if i went to college for nothing. well tell me what you guys think please. I am stressing so hard over this[/Q

Try and get your other job back. Degree's in college isn't a guarantee for success.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

iowasb in Central, Iowa

49 months ago

Help in Iowa said: I have accepted a position pending a criminal background check. I did have a deferred judgment and was wondering if this will disqualify me from the position. This is in Iowa. I am really stressing out about it, so if anyone has some info please let me know asap. I have read that it could and i have read that won't. Any info?

What happened? did you get the job with Wells Fargo?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

iowasb in Central, Iowa

49 months ago

lt in Lehi, Utah said:

what happened? did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Help in Iowa in Earlham, Iowa

49 months ago

Yes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Bristow, Virginia

49 months ago

I have applied for a PB position. Is a credit check part of the background check? I have filed Bankruptcy in the past (recently-discharged) and have horrible credit. Will that preclude me from employment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Bristow, Virginia

49 months ago

Also, I applied online and am waiting for the link to take the PB assessment. Can anyone tell me what is on it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jem4909 in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

Can someone respond ASAP because I have an interview with Well's Fargo in a few days.....My problem is I have 3 DUI's and because of that Im a felon. It's really hard for me because I have a Bachelor's degree and have a strong work background but have this hanging over my head all the time. Im worried I will not be hired because of this. Does anyone know if that will disqualify automatically from employment. I want to know because I don't want to waste their's or my time going in for the interview if they do not hire felons.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

counterfit1121 in Flagstaff, Arizona

49 months ago

as long as you don't have a felony related to theft you will be fine. also don't hide it. if your boss if cool and he likes you, he will prob look the other way. hope all works out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

deffered adjudication in Dallas, Texas

49 months ago

I was wondering if anyone could help? wells fargo dealer services(call center) offered me a job in customer service I did my fingerprinting about 2wks ago and signed all the consent forms and I still havent heard anything I have a class c misdemeanor theft by check on bckground from about 6 yrs ago but I receieved deffered adjudicaaton I called my recruiter today and still nothing does anyone know how and if my bckground will affect this job offer its racking my brain waiting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

keosha1013@yahoo.com in Austin, Texas

48 months ago

I received an offer for wells fargo on the mortgage side.I have a misdeamenor "theft of services" that happened 7 years ago. It was less than 100 dollars.it was a situation that happened with a cab driver.has anyone got hired for theft? I was so young! I have to do my finger printing today! I really jus want to tell them so they can go ahead and say no.i don't wanna waste my time.after reading all these comments it looks like you never know until they pull the offer away from you. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

keosha1013@yahoo.com in Austin, Texas

48 months ago

deffered adjudication in Dallas, Texas said: I was wondering if anyone could help? wells fargo dealer services(call center) offered me a job in customer service I did my fingerprinting about 2wks ago and signed all the consent forms and I still havent heard anything I have a class c misdemeanor theft by check on bckground from about 6 yrs ago but I receieved deffered adjudicaaton I called my recruiter today and still nothing does anyone know how and if my bckground will affect this job offer its racking my brain waiting!

did you get the job? I have the same issue!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MPLS in Minneapolis, Minnesota

47 months ago

lt in Lehi, Utah said: Are you guys even sales people? Can you stand the pressure of meeting and making monthly quota's? If not, I don't think this is the right position for you. Everything in finance has to do w/ selling. If you are there for just a paycheck, go work at wal mart or something. I've worked commission-only for 7 years and was successful until the the Lending industry started to crack in 06. I was fortunate to be offered a base-pay plus the ability to make commission. Ask what you can do for your company, not the other way around.

So, Lehi, you did well in a commission only environment "until the industry started to crack in 2006." So what? Anyone with a pulse could make money hand over fist in anything real estate or lending related until the end of 2006. That, my friend, is not a test of your sales skills. I would believe more in your abilities if you would have been able to adapt to the changing market conditions after 2006, instead of falling back on a job with a salary. I on the other hand, have been able to succeed in a commission only environment BEFORE AND AFTER 2006. So, Mr Preacher, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Gainesville, Virginia

47 months ago

I love your reply. You tell them!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Worried in Colorado Springs, Colorado

47 months ago

I have been given an offer letter for a mortgage job for wells fargo subject to a background check. In 2003 I was put on a defferred sentence on a felony drug possession and was deferred and dismissed in 2004. I am worred I will get turned down because of this?? Can anyone help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

joev5630 in San Antonio, Texas

47 months ago

I recently was offered a position as a Call Center Planning Analyst in San Antonio. Apparently I don't have to worry too much about credit. But the back ground is what concerns me . I have been convicted of two misdemeanor DWI's. I have two assaults that were dismissed and a theft that was dismissed as well. The theft I didn't do and apparently when going to get my license there was a warrant from when I was a juvenile, of course now an Adult I went to jail and once again had it dismissed. I'm currently work for JP Morgan Chase but still am a little concerned because companies are different. The theft goes back about 10 years and the Assaults' about 4 years. From the guys comment above there is doubt but then again he stole the petty thing, I didn't. For Chase I had to send documents showing it was dismissed, would Wells give me the same chance or just say 'NO'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

joev5630 in San Antonio, Texas

47 months ago

also what scares me is they sent me an offer letter and it said I would start 10/25/10 now the recruiter calld and said that it was being changed to 11/01/10 since they want to fly me out to Iowa and since there has been no descision they cant make travel arrangments. But now that i think about it I havent got a new offer letter with a new start date.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Worried in Colorado Springs, Colorado

47 months ago

Worried in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I have been given an offer letter for a mortgage job for wells fargo subject to a background check. In 2003 I was put on a defferred sentence on a felony drug possession and was deferred and dismissed in 2004. I am worred I will get turned down because of this?? Can anyone help

Well I just found out that my back ground cleared for wells Fargo. My drug possession charge was March of 2003 and it wasnt dismissed until July of 2004 and so only 6 years ago, and got my phone call yesterdaday saying to start workon the 1st. Yay!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Worried in Colorado Springs, Colorado

47 months ago

Bummed Underwriter in Goodyear, Arizona said: I can tell you from personal experience almost any criminal conviction will keep you from getting hired with Wells Fargo. I had a misdameanor Petty Theft conviction from 1998 that has been expunged for over 10 years. I have tried, and failed, 4 separate times to get hired by Wells Fargo. Two of those times I had the support of upper management fighting for me and they still couldn't get it done. The issue is actually with the FDIC. They see anyone with a criminal background as unhirable trash, whether or not the conviction has been expunged. Unless the conviction has been COMPLETELY, and I mean COMPLETELY removed from your records, you will not get hired with any kind of crime of dishonesty in your background.

The only relief that you can try for is to apply directly for "Section 19" www.fdic.gov...relief with the FDIC. This process takes a very long time (I was told about 1 year). Find the number for the FDIC in San Francisco, ask for Edmond Wong. After you submit the required paperwork, they will evaluate you individually and isuue a ruling stating that you are eligible to work for an FDIC insured institution. This is still no guarantee of a job, but it's the only way you will get in at most big banks as more and more of them are going to mandatory fingerprinting for new hires. This means a check of FBI database, which will show any and all criminal history. Best bet is to find work with a non-FDIC insured institution and try to get clearance from the FDIC. I tried holding my breath and hoping, that didn't work.

Well I just found out that my back ground cleared for wells Fargo. My drug possession charge was March of 2003 and it wasnt dismissed until July of 2004 and so only 6 years ago, and got my phone call yesterday saying to start work on the 1st. Yay!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joev5630 in San Antonio, Texas

47 months ago

Congrats, Im stressing mine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ColeyCol

46 months ago

joev5630 in San Antonio, Texas said: Congrats, Im stressing mine

I'm totally stressing out! I was offered a position pending a background check and I have an expunged misdemeanor. I'm scared that I will not get the job. Does anyone know if this will show on the background check? I have a cop friend who ran my background and he said it showed no warrents or arrest so does this mean I'm cleared? Please help!!! I feel sick to my stomach about this. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Worried in Colorado Springs, Colorado

46 months ago

I had a felony drug possession charge from 6 years ago and mine cleared with them and I know it shows up cuz I ran my background myself. I think you will be fine, please keep me posted. I have my fingers crossed for you. Good Luck and try not to stress too hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ColeyCol

46 months ago

Thank you. I'll keep you posted. I'll try not to stress out but I know it won't happen until they tell me my start date. Do you know how long it takes for them to tell you that it's cleared?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

joev5630 in San Antonio, Texas

46 months ago

Thats what sucks for me, Ive had a start date three times and it changed due to the background is still pending. DAMN IT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ColeyCol

46 months ago

joev5630 in San Antonio, Texas said: Thats what sucks for me, Ive had a start date three times and it changed due to the background is still pending. DAMN IT

did you find out about the job yet? Did you get it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

joev5630 in San Antonio, Texas

46 months ago

No nothing yet, I'm trying to stay positive and I'm thinking they would say no a lot faster than yes. I currently work for a bank so they can see my long work history and maybe say "OK". But we will see. I ran into a friend today that I started Chasse with and he asked me if I'm still there. After a long talk he said that it can take 1 week up to a month( he's there currently). So it eased my mind a little; 3 weeks tomorrow. I talked to the recruiter Tuesday and she said she talked to them on Monday and she was told 24-48 hours and it 96 hrs tomorrow. So we will see. Good luck to all who have posted on this and Congrats once again Colorado.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joev5630 in San Antonio, Texas

46 months ago

Coley as well Good luck bro. I hope we post something soon saying everything is good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joev5630 in San Antonio, Texas

46 months ago

Good news. I got my confirmation today and Ill still start on 11/01. To confirm it i got my travel arrangements and Im flying to Iowa for the first week of training. Once again good luck Coley and youll be good; especially if they took me. LOL. Keep us posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ColeyCol in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

joev5630 in San Antonio, Texas said: Good news. I got my confirmation today and Ill still start on 11/01. To confirm it i got my travel arrangements and Im flying to Iowa for the first week of training. Once again good luck Coley and youll be good; especially if they took me. LOL. Keep us posted.

congrats on the job! What position did you apply for? I'm still waiting on my background to come back. It'll be a week on Tuesday. I hope I can post some good news too! I'm not putting in my 2 weeks until they tell me I'm good to start. Congrats again I'm happy for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shakes in Denver, Colorado

45 months ago

I'm another one biting my nails whilst waiting on this freakin' background check. I had a misdemeanor petty theft charge 9 years and 11 months ago but it was dismissed for lack of evidence. Anyone know if that will bite me in the ass here?

Also I read somewhere upthread that bad checks are a big red flag. I have one of those as well, like 6 years ago. It was a miscalculation on my part for a $5 Chipotle burrito that snowballed into a $600 judgment. Even their lawyer admitted it was insane but it's still there nonetheless.

I did my fingerprinting and the online background stuff ten days ago. A friend got hired and said it only took them 3 days to get hers back. Should I be worried that it's taking so long? I know it's all out of my hands at this point and there's nothing I can do to influence the outcome but I haven't been looking for work once I was offered this position which probably caused me to miss out on the seasonal opportunities for Christmas. I'm desperately in need of a job here so if they refuse me, I'm screwed. Like dropped-soap-in-a-federal-prison-shower screwed. I don't like the way they do this at all. Why offer the job if they're not totally sure I'm eligible? To make sure I don't try to get something elsewhere? Kinda selfish if you ask me... which you didn't... but I'm maintaining it all the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shanae.f in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

45 months ago

Shakes in Denver, Colorado said: I'm another one biting my nails whilst waiting on this freakin' background check. I had a misdemeanor petty theft charge 9 years and 11 months ago but it was dismissed for lack of evidence. Anyone know if that will bite me in the ass here?

Also I read somewhere upthread that bad checks are a big red flag. I have one of those as well, like 6 years ago. It was a miscalculation on my part for a $5 Chipotle burrito that snowballed into a $600 judgment. Even their lawyer admitted it was insane but it's still there nonetheless.

I did my fingerprinting and the online background stuff ten days ago. A friend got hired and said it only took them 3 days to get hers back. Should I be worried that it's taking so long? I know it's all out of my hands at this point and there's nothing I can do to influence the outcome but I haven't been looking for work once I was offered this position which probably caused me to miss out on the seasonal opportunities for Christmas. I'm desperately in need of a job here so if they refuse me, I'm screwed. Like dropped-soap-in-a-federal-prison-shower screwed. I don't like the way they do this at all. Why offer the job if they're not totally sure I'm eligible? To make sure I don't try to get something elsewhere? Kinda selfish if you ask me... which you didn't... but I'm maintaining it all the same.

I RECENTLY GOT HIRED AT WELLS AND I HAD SOME THIEF ON MY BACKGROUND IT TOOK ABOUT TO WEEKS FOR MY "BGC" TO COME BACK ALSO. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO JUST KEEP THE FAITH AND TRUST IN GOD AND PRAY EVERYTHING WILL COME BACK FINE! THATS WHAT I DID.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Shakes in Denver, Colorado

45 months ago

17 days after completing the screening, I finally got a call from my hiring manager and I passed. So to everyone still waiting, keep the faith. I had some things in my background that I was worried about (bad check, dismissed theft charge) but they didn't matter. Time to do the happy dance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.