Wells Fargo Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

IrishEyes4672 in New York

15 months ago

Hi! I'm new to this forum and I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. I currently work for another financial institution, and have recently applied for the personal banker position at wells fargo. My phone interview went great and after a day have already been scheduled to meet with the district manager and store manager this week! I'm really hoping I get hired!! Anyway, I have never been in any trouble- i've never been arrested, have really good credit, and have a perfect driving record. My only concern is, is that last year I was a part of a lawsuit. I was the plantiff suing another party. The case has since been closed, but I was wondering if that will come up on a background check? And if so, could that hurt my chances of getting the job?? I know that it is public record, but would they search for something like that? Any advice would be great!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

IrishEyes4672 in New York said: Hi! I'm new to this forum and I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. I currently work for another financial institution, and have recently applied for the personal banker position at wells fargo. My phone interview went great and after a day have already been scheduled to meet with the district manager and store manager this week! I'm really hoping I get hired!! Anyway, I have never been in any trouble- i've never been arrested, have really good credit, and have a perfect driving record. My only concern is, is that last year I was a part of a lawsuit. I was the plantiff suing another party. The case has since been closed, but I was wondering if that will come up on a background check? And if so, could that hurt my chances of getting the job?? I know that it is public record, but would they search for something like that? Any advice would be great!!

Very doubtful. Usually they search public record for criminal cases not civil ones.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

agree037 in Midlothian, Virginia

15 months ago

I have a 2010 charge of failure to return property misdemeanor. I'm still waiting for my backgry check to come back. Does anyone know if that is grounds for them to rescind the offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

IrishEyes4672 in New York

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Very doubtful. Usually they search public record for criminal cases not civil ones.

I was offered the position today contingent of the backround check and fingerprints! I am going for my fingerprints tomorrow afternoon and I already submitted the paperwork for the background check. Like I said, i've never been arrested or have anything bad in my background, I know that my lawsuit is public record but I just don't want it turning up in the background check. I would hate to have to explain it

Soanxious21 in Hollywood, Florida

15 months ago

IrishEyes4672 in New York said: I was offered the position today contingent of the backround check and fingerprints! I am going for my fingerprints tomorrow afternoon and I already submitted the paperwork for the background check. Like I said, i've never been arrested or have anything bad in my background, I know that my lawsuit is public record but I just don't want it turning up in the background check. I would hate to have to explain it

I'm pretty sure that won't matter. I'm waiting on my background and fingerprinting results as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ArcadiaBob in Houston, Texas

15 months ago

I recently finalized my start date and went through the back ground and finger printing checks with no issue. One question I do have is no where in my documents nor in any discussions was a drug screen mentioned. Is it possible that wells does not do this? Can anyone provide any insight?

15 months ago

No they don't conduct drug testing but can I ask you a question how long did it take you to get your background check completed ? I'm still waiting on mine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ArcadiaBob in Houston, Texas

15 months ago

Thanks, amazing that in this day and age they don't go figure. I knew about my screen in 8 days, I had to ask if everything was complete and they just said I was fine. If anyone can add anymore color for anxious and I please do:)

15 months ago

ArcadiaBob in Houston, Texas said: Thanks, amazing that in this day and age they don't go figure. I knew about my screen in 8 days, I had to ask if everything was complete and they just said I was fine. If anyone can add anymore color for anxious and I please do:)

I just received the call a few hours ago for my start date, I'm excited !

VA2k13 in Fredericksburg, Virginia

15 months ago

Can someone tell me how long the process seems to take? I ask this because I did a phone interview with HR last Tue and she was very optimistic and persistent that I do my face to face w/ the store manager and scheduled it for the next day which was Wed. She stated that they wanted to fill the opening quickly and I didn't hear back from them yet. I think the interview went very well since the manager replied back to email that I did a good job and also introduced me to all of the staff after our interview. I'm just curious what the time frame has been for everyone so far.

BW in San Francisco, California

15 months ago

VA2k13 in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: Can someone tell me how long the process seems to take? I ask this because I did a phone interview with HR last Tue and she was very optimistic and persistent that I do my face to face w/ the store manager and scheduled it for the next day which was Wed. She stated that they wanted to fill the opening quickly and I didn't hear back from them yet. I think the interview went very well since the manager replied back to email that I did a good job and also introduced me to all of the staff after our interview. I'm just curious what the time frame has been for everyone so far.

Unfortunately, Wells does not have an established guideline around timing for interviewing and hiring. It's really all about the hiring manager and when he/she has time to read the resume, chat with the recruiter, schedule meetings, etc. Sometimes they go really quickly and other times, not so much. My best advice is just to be patient. If you gave a good interview and they're interested, then they'll call/email. However, sometimes they cancel positions or will wait for a perceived higher quality candidate. Good luck to you all!

petit mignon in San Diego, California

15 months ago

VA2k13 in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: Can someone tell me how long the process seems to take? I ask this because I did a phone interview with HR last Tue and she was very optimistic and persistent that I do my face to face w/ the store manager and scheduled it for the next day which was Wed.

Hi,

Did you go to a group interview after the phone interview? Usually it goes: phone, group, then branch interview. Also, remember that there may be other current employees who might have applied for that position as well. For example, if you're applying for a teller position, they prefer someone who might already be affiliated with the company and is looking to transfer to a THEIR branch. This has happened in the past.

Since interviews may take a while, if they are quick about it and hire someone internal, the transition is easier/faster, AND they don't have to deal with paying someone new to go to training. Also, anyone who has already go to the group interview in the past, may have a better opportunity of getting the branch interview faster. That's mostly why a position has removed its listing, and when you go to a group interview, that position may not be open any longer. Timing is key.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.