Wells Fargo Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 472)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Sosuccessful in New York, New York

44 months ago

Hello- any insite appreciated. I am up for licensed PB2 position for Wells. I just completed my interviews pending background check. I also just got $20K worth of student loans charged off 3 weeks ago. Any thoughts on this being a problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Danny02 in California

44 months ago

Update: I passed my background check!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

worried help the kid in Pacifica, California

44 months ago

i got a job offer with wells fargo for a teller position but last year july i was arrested for a gun charge and the charges were dropped. i was wondering if im going to pass my test i did the fingerprinting monday and waiting for the results help!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kim08 in Ruidoso, New Mexico

44 months ago

Do they care if you are currently on probation for a minor misdemeanor? VERY minor...not a theft, drugs or anything like that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Danny02 in California

44 months ago

Kim08 in Ruidoso, New Mexico said: Do they care if you are currently on probation for a minor misdemeanor? VERY minor...not a theft, drugs or anything like that!

I doubt it. I got hired and I have 2 misdemeanors. One was for DUI. Good Luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

kim08

43 months ago

Danny02 in California said: I doubt it. I got hired and I have 2 misdemeanors. One was for DUI. Good Luck!!!

Thanks for the response! Were you on probation for either of the misdemeanors at the time you were hired? Not concerned about the charge being an issue...just the fact of currently being on probation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danny02 in California

43 months ago

Kim08: I was on probation but then I got the other misdemeanor and then my probation was revoked. So I'm not sure, I don't even know what "probation revoked" means but I'm sure were on the same boat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim08

43 months ago

Danny, please forgive another question as I am still a bit confused! :) You recently passed the WF background check right? Are you currently on probation... or were you on probation in the past but not at the time of the background check? Perhaps you were on probation...then it was revoked and you served some sentence or whatever at that point but all that was finished with at the time of background check??? Surely if the charge wouldn`t warrant not passing...then being on probation for that charge shouldn`t matter. I HOPE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Danny02 in California

43 months ago

Kim08: I did pass my background check. It took a week. I was on probation until 2012 but my probation was revoked in 2010 and I paid a fine. So when I was going through the B.C my probation had already been revoked. But I know the misdemeanor showed up. I hear that all won't hire people if they have theft or any crime for dishonesty. I hope you pass it!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Krystal in Irvine, California

43 months ago

Danny02: I have a dui also and driving without insurance on my record now, I haven't paid the fine for either of them and I think they were sent to collections. Do you think this erik have any effect on my background check?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danny02 in California

43 months ago

Krystal in Irvine, California said: Danny02: I have a dui also and driving without insurance on my record now, I haven't paid the fine for either of them and I think they were sent to collections. Do you think this erik have any effect on my background check?

Im not sure. I paid all my fines but I really doubt it. Like i said before, all they really care about is any crime that has to do with theft or dishonesty. Seems like wells fargo isn't as strict with their background checks compared to other banks. Trust me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim08

43 months ago

Danny02 in California said: Kim08: I did pass my background check. It took a week. I was on probation until 2012 but my probation was revoked in 2010 and I paid a fine. So when I was going through the B.C my probation had already been revoked. But I know the misdemeanor showed up. I hear that all won't hire people if they have theft or any crime for dishonesty. I hope you pass it!!!

Thanks for the responses Danny! I decided not to apply with WF...not because of background check (I`m sure I would have passed from what you said). Hope you are enjoying your new position!

43 months ago

I just found put my backgrounds ad a minor will be puked also do its going to show I've had 2 DUI S in 2.5 years as well as a misdemeanor driving on suspended. Still think I have a chance?

And i have bad credit on top of it. Lets just say I was am arrogant young adult.
Any one ben hired with multiple dui's????

43 months ago

please excuse the spelling above. Im using swype on my phone and I'm not do good at it yet

Danny02 in California

43 months ago

Krystal in Irvine, California said: I just found put my backgrounds ad a minor will be puked also do its going to show I've had 2 DUI S in 2.5 years as well as a misdemeanor driving on suspended. Still think I have a chance?

And i have bad credit on top of it. Lets just say I was am arrogant young adult.
Any one ben hired with multiple dui's????

I got hired with 1 dui and 1 misdemeanor for also driving on a suspended license so i think you should be good. I wouldn't sweat it. We all make mistakes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Thank you danny02! Im trying to keep my head up! Ill post an update when I find out its day 4 now.

Danny02 in California

43 months ago

Krystal in Irvine, California said: Thank you danny02! Im trying to keep my head up! Ill post an update when I find out its day 4 now.

It took me about 5 days (not including the weekend) for me to find out I passed. But I wish you the best of luck!!

43 months ago

any update krystal?

43 months ago

No not yet still waiting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Ok. Im just entering background check process myself. Im a bit worried since I defaulted on my student loan as of last month. I hate the waiting game. Please keep us updated.

43 months ago

Sosuccessful in New York, New York said: Ok. Im just entering background check process myself. Im a bit worried since I defaulted on my student loan as of last month. I hate the waiting game. Please keep us updated.

what position are you going for?

Blessed in Riverton, Wyoming

43 months ago

Hi I was offered a PB position with WF pending background check. I haven't done anything illegal really, but I have bad credit. I screwed up on my credit cards and medical bills a few years back, and even though I paid it all back, it still shows that I had accounts in collection on my credit report. Does anybody know if they check for that kind of stuff? Do they pull up a credit report? And how long does it take to find out weather I passed or not? I got my fingerprints taken yeasterday and I fedexed them right away. Any opinion or experinces? Thank you.

kgracier in Irvine, California

43 months ago

Here is an update,

Called recruiter and he said my bg check is still pending! And that mine is the last one pending...... I'm really worried....

43 months ago

This is so weird. I did my prints on Tuesday and Fedexed them right away. They got to them first thing Wednesday morning. It is Thursday today just a day after and the branch manager left me a message early afternoon that she wants to schedule my first day. It seems a little too fast for my background check to be in already. Is that possible? Can I get excited? I haven't had a chance to actually talk to her yet.

43 months ago

UPDATE: so for everyone out there who is wondering. I did speak with my branch manager today and got the job! She already got my background check results (it only took 36 hours from when fedex delivered it to them, crazy, right?) They did not pull up my credit report - I know that because I monitor mine on freecreditreport.com. And my bad check civil case judgement had no effect on me being hired. Neither did the fact that wells fargo turned in my overdrawn account to collection a couple years back. They didn't even ask me about it. So, I hope this clears up something for someone, as I didn't find this kind of answer when I was looking for it. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Blessed in Riverton, Wyoming said: UPDATE: so for everyone out there who is wondering. I did speak with my branch manager today and got the job! She already got my background check results (it only took 36 hours from when fedex delivered it to them, crazy, right?) They did not pull up my credit report - I know that because I monitor mine on freecreditreport.com. And my bad check civil case judgement had no effect on me being hired. Neither did the fact that wells fargo turned in my overdrawn account to collection a couple years back. They didn't even ask me about it. So, I hope this clears up something for someone, as I didn't find this kind of answer when I was looking for it. Good luck!

Thank you so much Blessed for updating. It is much appreciated and congrats to you! I read a few times on here that they dont before credit checks which is very surprising to me. But its good to hear you confirm this. Wishing you the best in your new job venture!

43 months ago

Sosuccessful in New York, New York said: Thank you so much Blessed for updating. It is much appreciated and congrats to you! I read a few times on here that they dont before credit checks which is very surprising to me. But its good to hear you confirm this. Wishing you the best in your new job venture!

Thank you! I wish you all the best with your job as well!

joe in Berkeley, California

43 months ago

quick question. i know any theft s a red flag. But will and embezzlement misdemeanor charge from 3 years ago show up? pls let me know

Ernest in Kansas City, Missouri

43 months ago

Carla,
What happened with this? I am in the same situation, I haven't have this hurt me in the past, but I haven't been asked to be finger printed till now. If I knew the SIS would still folow me I never would have agreed to it.

Carla Austin in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I have a question, I was also hired at Wells Fargo pending a background check. Even if I have an suspended imposition of sentence it will still show? My lawyer told me to say no conviction on my application but I am beginning to wonder if I should have mentioned it.

Be all that you can be in Richmond, Virginia

43 months ago

I have recently done a group interview for Wells Fargo and I'm waiting on them to contact me for another interview a service manager. I have a dui, assault, underage possession of alcohol, and a driving on suspended. However the application asks if I had been convicted on of a crime involving dishonesty, fraud, and/or sale, distribution, or trafficking of controlled substances which I do not have, so I answered no on the application. Will this cause a problem on my background check?

kgracier in Irvine, California

43 months ago

update: still waiting. Its almost been a month since I did my prints. Its still pending???? Not sure as to why, but I'm hoping I find out soon! Talked to HR and they said they have seen background checks take longer and they came out fine. Ill update the final response as don as I get it!

Carla Austin in Saint Louis, Missouri

43 months ago

Hi Ernest,this is Carla Austin unfortunately I did not get the job. It is very important to disclose your SIS. Anything you were fingerprinted for will show even if it was expunged. When our lawyers tell us to mark no for a conviction it is true if you are not being fingerprinted for a job.

Miriam28 in Birmingham, Alabama

43 months ago

my name is Miriam and I just got hired by WF for a Personal Banker 2 position.I am waiting on the Background check process.

It started a month ago, when I was fingerprinted...1 month !I thought it would take like a week. My criminal and FBI records are clean - never been arrested, DUI, or nothing at all, you could say I am a perfect citizen -and so is my credit report - never been late in a payment, my FICO is close to 800. That being said, why on earth it's taking so long? I am also licensed for investments, but never had any investment-related complaint either.

Every time I call my recruiter he keeps telling me that I am not cleared yet and that he can't give me a date...which is very frustrating to me since, as I said, I have a pristine criminal and credit record. I also can give them any info they need about previous employers or addresses, no problem.

the only issue I had is that I was fired from another bank around a year ago - I have been working for another financial institution ever since - because they made up I sold a credit card to a customer against his will, which was a complete lie...but it was the customer's word against mine and unfortunately they believed him. But I told WF about that - to both the recruiter and to my new manager and DM - and they told me that shouldn't be a problem. I even showed them a letter from FINRA - the Financial / investments industry watch dog- saying that they didn't find me responsible for what my former employer accused me of.

Also, I am not from here and I just became a US citizen - have been in the US for many years now, always as a permanent resident, always legal. Do they have to check my immigration status too? If they do that's fine, I was wondering if that will delay the process even more.

So please give me your advice and tell me if it's normal for the BKC of a Licensed banker ( PB2 ) to take so long bc it's driving me crazy. thank you.

43 months ago

Hi Duke.I am applying for a PB2 as well. I am already licensed and now i am just waiting on my background check. I had my fingreprints taken a month ago...a month !!! My criminal report is clerr - never had DUI, arrest...nothing -and my credit is excellent, never had a late payment on anything.

So I wanted to ask you how long your BKG check too..because I think 1 month is way too long. The job will be with wachovia, which hasn't converted yet to WF in Florida, where I got the job. i don't know if that has an effect or not.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Hi Charles,

It seems like you work for wells fargo in FL ( still wachovia ). I recently was given a PB2 position pending on BKG check. My credit score is excellent and so is my criminal / police record - never been arrested, dui, nothing..you could say I am a prefect citizen. I ama lready licensed for investments. I never had any problem there either. I had my fingerprints taken a month ago..a month !! any idea on why it's taking so long..it doesn't make any sense to me..and every time I ask my recruiter ne keeps telling me he can't give me a date as whn i'll be cleared..what are they exactly looking for that makes the process so slow? thank you.

43 months ago

my name is Miriam and I just got hired by WF for a Personal Banker 2 position.I am waiting on the Background check process.

It started a month ago, when I was fingerprinted...1 month !I thought it would take like a week. My criminal and FBI records are clean - never been arrested, DUI, or nothing at all, you could say I am a perfect citizen -and so is my credit report - never been late in a payment, my FICO is close to 800. That being said, why it's taking so long? I am also licensed for investments, but never had any investment-related complaint either.

Every time I call my recruiter he keeps telling me that I am not cleared yet and that he can't give me a date...which is very frustrating to me since, as I said, I have a pristine criminal and credit record. I also can give them any info they need about previous employers or addresses, no problem.

the only issue I had is that I was fired from another bank around a year ago - I have been working for another financial institution ever since - because they made up I sold a credit card to a customer against his will, which was a complete lie...but it was the customer's word against mine and unfortunately they believed him. But I told WF about that - to both the recruiter and to my new manager and DM - and they told me that shouldn't be a problem. I even showed them a letter from FINRA - the Financial / investments industry watch dog- saying that they didn't find me responsible for what my former employer accused me of.

Also, I am not from here and I just became a US citizen - have been in the US for many years now, always as a permanent resident, always legal. Do they have to check my immigration status too? If they do that's fine, I was wondering if that will delay the process even more.

So please give me your advice and tell me if it's normal for the BKC of a Licensed banker ( PB2 ) to take so long bc it's driving me crazy. thank you.

43 months ago

Hi. did you get the job ? i am up for PB2 but my BCK process is taking forever..over a month now since I was fingerprinted ? how much did yours take ? thanks.

kgracier in Snoqualmie, Washington

43 months ago

Over a month now for me too..

I do have two dui's one as a minor one as an adult. I don't know what if going on, but it is taking forever.

Recruiter said he will check back with me weekly.. So we'll see...

I'm traveling in washington now compared to irvine, ca.

43 months ago

Guys, it really might take this long if you have never been checked thru the fbi database before.
I am a recent immigrant so they did an fbi check for me in April, which at that time they warned me that it might take a few weeks or even months. And when they do an fbi check they go off of few different things not just finger prints. They do a name check too. And if something pops up with ur name or similar name in any files, and by any I mean any, they have to manualy investigate them all.
Since that was done for me in April (and that is just my assumption) my WF background check took only 36 hours or so.
I hope urs will be completed soon too.
Best of luck to you.

43 months ago

Hello all. I did get the Licensed Banker position. My background check took 24 hours. Very fast. I did however take a week to hear back from their licensing department to check my licensing. I dont know why it is taking so long on your side. However I can say that they def do NOT do a credit check.

42 months ago

Thank you. FBI checked my bkg before when I worked for my previous employer and also with my current bank, since both jobs implied investment licensing. So that shouldn't be an issue. I just keep wondering why it's taking so long.. afriedn of mine got a job with the Fed Govt and his FBI check took 5 weeks..that makes me feel better.

42 months ago

ok, thank you. They can check my credit, it's excellent...i just don't know why everything elase is taking so long..

Help in Minneapolis, Minnesota

42 months ago

Libby07 said: HI YOU GUYS I JUST FINISHED EVERYTHING WITH WELLS FARGO!! I AM OFFICIALLY A TELLER!! ANY ?'s I WILL ANSWER THEM ALL.

Will a Theft charge from 1995 show up on criminal background check? It is 16 years ago for writing some bad checks. It is a misdemeanor. I'm interviewing for a teller position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

kgracier in Long Beach, California

42 months ago

SO HERE IS THE UPDATE....
After almost two months of waiting on a background check.... I PASSED AND AM NOW OFFICIALLY A PERSONAL BANKER!!!!!

For those of you out there that are freaking out, worrying daily about you b.g check like I was... don't worry about bad credit, DUI's, Driving on Suspended, Informal Probation, or working at a job under the table... I passed and cleared. Thankfully and with WEEKS OF PRAYING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RoyalPriestess00 in Carmel, New York

42 months ago

Good Evening Everyone:

I just got a job offer as a commercial insurance Account Manager in the New Jersey location.
As with everyone else, the job offer is subject to the background check.
Is this a comprehensive background check? What is the process?
Is the background check procedure the same if you are in the WF Insurance Services vs WF Banking or Loans/Investments?

Please advise. I am also concerned.

Thank you all for sharing. This is a really great forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

going4promotion in Fontana, California

41 months ago

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I am currently a wells fargo teller and have been for 2 years. I just got promoted to a personal banker. I have to do the fingerprinting and background check again. My record was absolutely clean until a month ago when I made a stupid decision at a store and got caught for petty theft, but I never stole anything at work being a teller or did any type of fraud or anything. My court is coming up so i have not been convicted yet of anything. I have to consent to my background check and fingerprinting within 2 days. Im scared to death that it will show i got arrested for petty theft and not only will I lose the promotion but my teller job as well. What should i do?? Turn down my promotion??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

babymikey2005 in Crosslake, Minnesota

41 months ago

EthylLove, sorry to say this but dont waste your time. Literally. I went through 5 interviews which took about 3 weeks just to get offered the job and then my background took almost another 3 weeks and I was denied due to my background, let me tell you exactly what is on my background. I wrote one bad check when I was 18 and it was under $50 so not such a big deal. I got a minor in consumption when I was 18 (which is also not a big deal), what screwed me was that when I was 19 I plead guilty to a false information charge (Class A misdeamnor). If they denied me for lying (back when I was 19) then they will deny you for theft, I guarantee that. Sorry. Also, I told the wells fargo managers (there were two) that hired me about my false information charge and it was also on my application I submitted online and still was denied. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

EthylLove in Poway, California

41 months ago

Hey Mikey, thanks! Yeah, I was just really hoping there's still a slight chance! But grrr. I guess I would need to expunge this Misdemeanor to get it off my back. Thank you! After I expunge my background & reapply after 6 months,

Will they find out that I previously applied though? & find out why I was turned down? I don't want them to drag past info.!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

going4promotion in La Puente, California

41 months ago

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I am currently a wells fargo teller and have been for 2 years. I just got promoted to a personal banker. I have to do the fingerprinting and background check again. My record was absolutely clean until a month ago when I made a stupid decision at a store and got caught for petty theft, but I never stole anything at work being a teller or did any type of fraud or anything. My court is coming up so i have not been convicted yet of anything. I have to consent to my background check and fingerprinting within 2 days. Im scared to death that it will show i got arrested for petty theft and not only will I lose the promotion but my teller job as well. What should i do?? Turn down my promotion??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

babymikey2005 in Crosslake, Minnesota

41 months ago

I think I would just tell them that you have realized that this is an inconvient time for you right now and that you would like to stay in the position you currently have and then try to expunge it and try again at a later date. By the way, if you know how to expunge something like that give me some advice so I can get my false information charge taken off my record. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.