Wells Fargo Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 466)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

babymikey2005 in Crosslake, Minnesota

39 months ago

EthylLove, sorry to say this but dont waste your time. Literally. I went through 5 interviews which took about 3 weeks just to get offered the job and then my background took almost another 3 weeks and I was denied due to my background, let me tell you exactly what is on my background. I wrote one bad check when I was 18 and it was under $50 so not such a big deal. I got a minor in consumption when I was 18 (which is also not a big deal), what screwed me was that when I was 19 I plead guilty to a false information charge (Class A misdeamnor). If they denied me for lying (back when I was 19) then they will deny you for theft, I guarantee that. Sorry. Also, I told the wells fargo managers (there were two) that hired me about my false information charge and it was also on my application I submitted online and still was denied. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

EthylLove in Poway, California

39 months ago

Hey Mikey, thanks! Yeah, I was just really hoping there's still a slight chance! But grrr. I guess I would need to expunge this Misdemeanor to get it off my back. Thank you! After I expunge my background & reapply after 6 months,

Will they find out that I previously applied though? & find out why I was turned down? I don't want them to drag past info.!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

going4promotion in La Puente, California

39 months ago

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I am currently a wells fargo teller and have been for 2 years. I just got promoted to a personal banker. I have to do the fingerprinting and background check again. My record was absolutely clean until a month ago when I made a stupid decision at a store and got caught for petty theft, but I never stole anything at work being a teller or did any type of fraud or anything. My court is coming up so i have not been convicted yet of anything. I have to consent to my background check and fingerprinting within 2 days. Im scared to death that it will show i got arrested for petty theft and not only will I lose the promotion but my teller job as well. What should i do?? Turn down my promotion??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

I think I would just tell them that you have realized that this is an inconvient time for you right now and that you would like to stay in the position you currently have and then try to expunge it and try again at a later date. By the way, if you know how to expunge something like that give me some advice so I can get my false information charge taken off my record. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EthylLove in Poway, California

39 months ago

To: Babymikey2005 - If you were put on probation for the charges then you will first need to either wait until you finish probation or you can file for early probation termination at the court house. That should be easy if you finished paying all your fines, attended all classes, and have been behaved ever since the conviction. Then AFTER the probation part, THEN you can file for expungement, it should be a piece of cake, if you were granted for early probation termination then you will most likely be granted the expungement.

I hope this helped! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

EthylLove, the only thing I was sentenced to from my conviction was 30 hours of community service and one year unsupervised probabtion to complete the community service. I was finish April 2006 and convicted April 2005. I called the district court house in the county I was convicted and they told me I would have to hire a lawyer. Problem is, I work for minimum wage lol. I cant afford nothing let alone a lawyer. I guess I will just wait another 10 years and maybe they wont see it next time. Thanks for the help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Scrappie in Glen Allen, Virginia

39 months ago

How many years does WF go back on a background check for a contractor role? I was told no-more than 10 years and look for felonies and white collar crimes. What a class 4 misdemeanor 15 years ago prevent hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

promotion2011PB1 in Osseo, Minnesota

39 months ago

Hey "babymikey2005" or anyone else who may know. Ive worked for WF for a little over 1 and half years. About a month before getting my job as a teller I got a false information misdemeanor for lying about my name and age when a cop got me for consumption and carrying a beer bottle outside near my college campus (when I was 19.. I'm now 21) When I did my BG check everything went fine (not sure if the charge was so new that it didnt show up.)

Im currently a star performer at my branch and am constantly getting perfect 5 WOW surveys and all of my managers/co workers really like me... My issue is that i'm pretty sure i'll be getting a PB1 promotion offer this week. Im super scared that this conviction will show up when they re run my background for banker SAFE certification and I'll not only lose the promotion bu my current job also. What do you guys think about this situation or what I should do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

promotion2011PB1, I just received my information from First Advantage today about my background check, apparently I passed everything except the finger printing process because of my false information charge, also found out from a WF HR rep, that WF has zero tolerance for people who even write a bad check. According to her, WF policy states something along the lines that they will not hire anyone who basically makes false statements about anything, also she said that writing a bad check is part of it because you would know if the funds were available or not. My suggestion would be, if you want to keep the job you have, dont let them run another background check. I found out that even if its been 10 or more years they will still find it. The HR rep told me to get a lawyer and have it expundged from my criminal history and then I could re-apply and they wouldnt see it. This is my only suggestion. I completely understand because when I made my stupid mistakes I was 18 and now im turning 26 next week and it will haunt me the rest of my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

promotion2011PB1 in Osseo, Minnesota

39 months ago

I really hope everything works out well for you and I truly thank you for your advice; it may of just saved me my job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zoniusa in Manassas, Virginia

38 months ago

To: Scrappie in Glen Allen, Virginia: I am an IT contractor. I worked with Wells Fargo Advisors in 2009. I had a misdemeanor charge back in 2000 (more than 10 years ago). This time when I got another contract (in March of 2011) with WFA they advised me to go through First Advantage (the background screening agency)for my finger printing. I did my finger prints on April 1st and waited for three weeks and they came up with a adverse action notice becuase of my this misdemeanor charge on my record. So I am not sure that the 10 years bar applies or not but my charge is more than 10 years old and still they've considered it. Did you go for finger prints yets? Let me know what happens?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scrappie in Glen Allen, Virginia

38 months ago

Hey Zoniusa -

Identical story to what happened to me, only I did the finger printing a few days earlier. I guess with FP it goes back your entire life and the WF doesn't care the charge. Never had any issues with a regular background check. It sucks big time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

zoniusa in Manassas, Virginia

38 months ago

Hi Scrappie, did you get the contract with WF or they've also sent you the adverse action notice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JAPrufrock in Zelienople, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

I am a non-licensed client relationship advisor working for a local bank in western Pennsylvania. Back in January I went through the interview process for a relationship manager role with Key Bank in Cleveland, OH. At that same time I went through the interview with my current bank. I was offered the position pending a background investigation with Key. I have no criminal background, my employment and education checked out, however I was left a voice message stating that I had and "FDIC violation" logged against me and that I was disqualified for the position. I asked for more specific information concerning the infraction at hand and they just sent me a copy of my credit report stating that after review of my credit experience I would no longer be considered for the position. I lost my job at another bank in August of 2010 and I was unable to pay my bills and several items were charged off and sent to collections including a bank account with my former employer, PNC bank, which had been over drafted and never corrected.

I read someplace that an "FDIC Violation" would be check fraud, fraudulently passing bad checks, and being prosecuted by law enforcement. I am currently interviewing with 3 major banks and I am trying to determine if I will have the same difficulties getting hired as I did at Key Bank. The position at Key would have been a licensed role and none of the three banks I am currently in talks with are offering licensed positions. I am trying to avoid wasting my time and that of the recruiters and branch managers at these major financial institutions before I contact the FDIC to get some clarification on how to proceed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MondayFunday in Asheboro, North Carolina

38 months ago

I have been waiting on a background check for about 2 weeks now from WF. I got a call from my recruiter today explaining that they are still reviewing my criminal background and will get back to me as soon as possible. I had a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge from 2005, when I was 19. I used pretrial diversion to get this off of my record, but I know that FBI checks still show them. Will a minor drug possession charge keep me from getting a teller position? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

missingyou in Scottsburg, Indiana

37 months ago

BeatKnox in Los Angeles, California said: does anyone know if they require a high school diploma for a personal banker position? I have 6 year proven track record in sales but I wanted to make sure. Also, what about background checks, does anyone know what they check?

I have a question has anyone noticed all the new "personal banker" positions being formed in the big 4 banks. WHAT is going on that they think during this recession, that many people are going to need a personal banker? Isn't that for people with a significant amount of wealth?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

missingyou in Scottsburg, Indiana

37 months ago

nwad in Rocklin, California said: I never understood what your credit rating has to do with working for Wells Fargo - your working for them not applying for a loan

because people who continually find themselves in financial straights, tend to become desperate, dishonest and steal money

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

allysoncap in Minneapolis, Minnesota

34 months ago

hi help! I got offered the job at wells fargo for the phone banker position just waiting for the background check and finger printing process to go through....
Only thing I'm nervous about is a couple years ago my mother took a tcf account out in my name online without me knowing about it and tcf sent the checks and she wrote a bunch of bad checks i got arrested and did the investigating and went to investigators and police and it was all dismissed from me and went on my mother when they found out i did nothing....but I think it shows up still on my record just saying dismissed for dishonored checks and if they see that they I'm not sure if they will want me anymore...or if they will give me a chance to show them the paperwork that it was dismissed ....i am 24 now and ever since i turned 18 my mother took out credit cards, loans in my bank accounts when one time i put her on my account and then i had a wells fargo account and she took a loan in my name and wasn't able to pay it back....this is as close as i got to a job i really want and need and i hope something like this is not going to make me get denied the job from something i haven't done....

jellybean368 in Columbus, Ohio

34 months ago

Hey guys, I recently accepted a position as a Customer Service Rep for Wells Fargo. I just filled out all the consent forms and made an appointment to get my fingerprints done. Here's what I'm freaking out about. My freshman year of college I made terrible terrible mistakes and ended up racking up 4 DUI's in one year. All in all I racked up about 21 charges, all still pending. All in all I will end up pleading to 4 and the rest will be dropped. I have been sober for 1 year and 9 months now and have not gotten in any trouble since. Will all these charges completely ruin my chances of getting this job. I am super excited about my position and this great opportunity and I have been worried sick about getting a dreadful email saying I was denied because all because of my record. Anyone have any experiences, advice, or words of wisdom?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

LOL83 in Miami, Florida

34 months ago

I just got a job offer to work for Wells Fargo as a PB1. I got a decent offer which was more then I was expecting. The interview processes was very strange. I did not have a phone interview instead I was invited to a group interview right of the back. The group interview was a joke because no one showed up except for me and I was 30 min early. That same day I was emailed by the recruiter telling me that I had an interview at one of the branches. I went to the interview and I gave the branch manager a lesson on credit default swaps. When I realized that she had no idea what I was talking about I started inventing names about people who work for the company. I even changed the CEO's name to see if she would correct me but, she did not. She actually went on to say that he was a great CEO. I tried not to laugh but I could not hep myself. I later corrected myself and said wait I am sorry that's not the CEO that's the investment manager for Berkshire Hathaway, she said replied what Berkshire Hathaway? I went on to explain to her who BRK.A was and how it's Warren Buffets company...they own the 2nd largest amount of shares at WF behind Coke...Still nothing, the woman was on cloud 9. At the end of the interview I was told that the recruiter would contact me with there decision. I was called 1 hour later and told that the branch manager believed I was not a go fit for that location and that I was a valuable asset to the company but I need to be a branch with SMARTER INDIVIDUALS.Did she just call herself stupid? About 2 weeks later I got another interview and at very wealth driven location and got the job on the spot. Background, My employment is shady cause I dealt with companies overseas so nothing is reported for employment on my credit history. I have HORRIBLE credit but a perfect criminal background. Do not worry about your credit. they just want to make sure you are not a killer. If you lied on your resume about education and work its fine! It a backwards company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LOL83 in Miami, Florida

34 months ago

Also, remember that the Number of Americans Suffering from Bad Credit or Late Payments is almost 45%! If you wrote a bad check...WHO HASN'T!!! Everyone has written a bad check at least once! They can not judge you based on that. If they do ask you something about your credit just be honest! Yea I messed up...It was either me having food on the table or paying my credit cards. I am currently waiting on my background check and have to go get finger printed this week. I know people who work for the company that have foreclosures, bankruptcy,DUI,assault and even drug charges on there record and still work for the company. If they are investing the money to do a background check on you VIA FIRST ADVANTAGE (the company they use) which cost about 60 bucks then you can rest assure you are hired. You have to remember, you are working at a RETAIL bank. Your main purpose is to SELL SELL SELL...you basically work at Walmart but get to wear a suit. If you are worried about your background check DON'T BE! They do not judge you based on your credit. If you have a criminal record with stupid charges your still fine! Now if you raped,killed,drug dealer or my favorite sold humane organs then buddy you are screwed. I was a day trader for many years before the market got really bad. I worked at home and never had a real job. When I applied I used my families business as former employment history, I never worked for them. I said I graduated from college on my resume...another lie...I was to busy partying and dropped out...I STILL GOT THE JOB OFFER! Its a matter of being a great con artist in this game. The financial sector is not what it use to be.it lost prestige many years ago due to the overwhelming amount of retail banking that over took the U.S. You will be told that you have to cross sell all products including identity protection to that 90 year old lady who DOES NOT NEED IT! If you want to move ahead in the company you have to have no heart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LOL83 in Miami, Florida

34 months ago

If anyone has bad credit or a criminal record and got got hired please reply to some of the comments. I know how nervous people can get especially in these tough economic times. You guys probably really need the job and want to get your life together and make a career out of the banking sector. Don't be discouraged or much the less feel like crap because you think people are going to judge you based on your past. The important thing is that you are trying to move forward. Like I stated before I know people who work for WF and are store managers and district managers and have horrible credit and a criminal record.All you can do now is relax and STOP worrying about your background check. I currently have offers from Chase and CitiBank. Unfortunately WF is the one that offered the most money. Everything happens for a reason and if for some reason you do not get the job then it probably meant to be. Working for Wells I have heard is very stressful and you have to have no ethics. I want the job because I need it not because I want to work for Wells. If you get hired let them train you, stay with the company for a few month and then try and get a job with a smaller local bank or European bank like HELM, RBC, Credit Suisse. To get into those banks you NEED some bank retailed work experience. I hope this information helps someone and please do not hesitate to ask questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Just Trying To Live Honestly in Birmingham, Alabama

34 months ago

I went lived in a apartment complex and I left my baby's farther, a mutual friend and my 1 year son at the house. I went to the store with my cousin and came right back to the apartment withing ten minutes. When I returned to the apartment I saw about 10 police officers searching and talking to my baby's father. They were in the parking lot between cars. I got out the car and walked to the end of the breeze way and stopped to look. I never approached the officers, I never said anything to them . One of the officers.. approached me an asked me to go in the house. I simply said Sir I'm just trying to see whats going on ... Before I could say another word to the officer another officer said take her to jail for obstruction of justice.... I know the entire situation was wrong on the officers behalf because I didnt do anything wrong .. then when I go to court the judge basically says that she has to take the officers... I've worked for Wells Fargo for the past year and I've worked through a temp. agency -I had a background check then...so I applied for a perm. position as a home preservation specialist and I waited for four weeks for my background information to come back - It finally came back and I did not past because of this one misdeame

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lmetzger in Denver, Colorado

34 months ago

I got a job offer for a personal banker position with wells fargo. Very excited, but also worried. The only thing I am worried about is my background check. I have a misdemeanor from when I was 18 years old, I am now 26. The misdemeanor is because I was in possession of a forged instrument. It is not a felony but it maybe something that could come back and haunt me. Is anyone else in this position or have any helpful comments about what the outcome might be? Thanks everyone. Its been two weeks now and my background check is still pending, especially since it was in another state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LOL83 in Miami, Florida

34 months ago

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give you an update. I did my finger prints for my background check yesterday and the results arrived today. I received a call from my WF recruiter telling me that I passed my background check. Like I mentioned before, what they look at is your criminal record. They never asked me about my credit or chexsystem. They did not even bother looking into my work or education. Rest assure that if you do not have a criminal record you are hired. I start training in 2 weeks and they ill move on to my branch. I hope this is helpful. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

allysoncap in Minneapolis, Minnesota

34 months ago

I just got the call of the HR recruiter from wells fargo and I start training on the 10th in 2 wks!!! I was worried over nothing....my credit is beyond horrible with many debts owed to credit cards, banks, loans etc. and my criminal record has a dismissed dishonered checks on it that was ID theft but i was so worried because i read in one of these blogs if you have one bad check its a bank law they can't hire you but I passed even though I wasn't convicted of the dishonered checks but its still sitting on my record was what i was so worried about...
but if any questions hit me up at allysoncap@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kari in Naples, Florida

33 months ago

Libby07 said: HI YOU GUYS I JUST FINISHED EVERYTHING WITH WELLS FARGO!! I AM OFFICIALLY A TELLER!! ANY ?'s I WILL ANSWER THEM ALL.

How is it? I'm about to start and Im reallly nervous!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

RCH in Keller, Texas

33 months ago

I know that this a site for Wells Fargo background, but does anyone know what the background check consists of for Capital One? Do they do they conduct fingerprinting as well? If anyone knows I would really appreciate it, couldn't find it on the website.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

LOL83 in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

RCH in Keller, Texas said: I know that this a site for Wells Fargo background, but does anyone know what the background check consists of for Capital One? Do they do they conduct fingerprinting as well? If anyone knows I would really appreciate it, couldn't find it on the website.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Yes, Chase does the same. I went to an interview for Chase a day after I accepted the job at WF when my background came back clean. Chase offered me 2k less then WF and wanted me to work weekends. I told them I was not interested in the position unless they could match my other offer or pay me more. The HR lady told me that it was a firm offer. I left the interview I she called me 5 hours later to tell me that I should reconsider the offer because chase has a better 401k then WF....If you read my previous post you will see that I am very familiar with investments so I gave the lady a lecture on why Chase 401k plan sucks when compared to other companies. Long story short please reconsider working for Chase. I have heard stories of PB and Private Bankers leaving from chase after they get licensed to go work at a crap company like BOA. They rather work for BOA then CHASE!!!! thats scary considering BOA is letting going of people left and right but, if you really need the job then take it. Use the company to sponsor you for licenses then go to another financial insinuation. Good luck and let me know what happens

RCH in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

LOL83 in Miami, Florida said: Yes, Chase does the same. I went to an interview for Chase a day after I accepted the job at WF when my background came back clean. Chase offered me 2k less then WF and wanted me to work weekends. I told them I was not interested in the position unless they could match my other offer or pay me more. The HR lady told me that it was a firm offer. I left the interview I she called me 5 hours later to tell me that I should reconsider the offer because chase has a better 401k then WF....If you read my previous post you will see that I am very familiar with investments so I gave the lady a lecture on why Chase 401k plan sucks when compared to other companies. Long story short please reconsider working for Chase. I have heard stories of PB and Private Bankers leaving from chase after they get licensed to go work at a crap company like BOA. They rather work for BOA then CHASE!!!! thats scary considering BOA is letting going of people left and right but, if you really need the job then take it. Use the company to sponsor you for licenses then go to another financial insinuation. Good luck and let me know what happens

The question was for Capital One, not Chase.

OnTheHorizon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

LOL83 in Miami, Florida said: Yes, Chase does the same. I went to an interview for Chase a day after I accepted the job at WF when my background came back clean. Chase offered me 2k less then WF and wanted me to work weekends. I told them I was not interested in the position unless they could match my other offer or pay me more. The HR lady told me that it was a firm offer. I left the interview I she called me 5 hours later to tell me that I should reconsider the offer because chase has a better 401k then WF....If you read my previous post you will see that I am very familiar with investments so I gave the lady a lecture on why Chase 401k plan sucks when compared to other companies. Long story short please reconsider working for Chase. I have heard stories of PB and Private Bankers leaving from chase after they get licensed to go work at a crap company like BOA. They rather work for BOA then CHASE!!!! thats scary considering BOA is letting going of people left and right but, if you really need the job then take it. Use the company to sponsor you for licenses then go to another financial insinuation. Good luck and let me know what happens

TO: LOL83 in Miami, Florida

Your posts are extremely helpful! Good luck to you in your PB-1 job.

I interviewed for that job in PA. I did the background on-line application and had my fingerprints done on Monday 9/26.

Still waiting to hear from recruiter whether they want to hire me or not.

My background should be fine and same with fingerprints.

I have no idea how long it takes to hear back. Did they tell you how much the position pays? Does anyone here know, because I was never told in my interview so I have no idea. Did anyone negotiate?

Were you only told about the training class dates when you were offered the job or did you inquire about that before hand?

I hope I hear back soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LOL83 in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

OnTheHorizon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: TO: LOL83 in Miami, Florida

I interviewed for that job in PA. I did the background on-line application and had my fingerprints done on Monday 9/26.

I have no idea how long it takes to hear back. Did they tell you how much the position pays? Does anyone here know, because I was never told in my interview so I have no idea. Did anyone negotiate?

Were you only told about the training class dates when you were offered the job or did you inquire about that before hand?

I hope I hear back soon.

Hi,

Well let me start off by saying that I was told about my salary at group interview. the offer was 32k a year plus commission.The 32k offer is very firm unless you have prior banking experience or have licenses. You should have been told by your recruiter immediately what your salary is going to be. The only reason I excepted this job was because I will be working at a very busy branch in the heart of the financial district in Miami. I know for a fact I will have no problem meeting my sales goals and generating an additional 10-15k a year on commissions. Remember, commissions are paid quarterly and you will receive your commission check 45 days after the quarter ends.There are a lot of bitter employes that currently work for the company that came over from Wachovia and will tell you that this is a horrible job. Believe me that out of the big 4 this is the lesser of all evils. My background and fingerprints took 1 day to get the results. Are you sure your background is clean?

LOL83 in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

OnTheHorizon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: TO: LOL83 in Miami, Florida

I hope I hear back soon.

Training Dates;

They told me when the next date would be but you need to have all your info completed including background check before you can start. If you were told that the next class would be on XYZ date and you still have not heard back from the recruiter forget about getting into that training class. They also have to send you your agreement letter that has your salary and start date that you have to sign and fax over so that you are officially a WF employe. realistically speaking if you have not heard from your recruiter by today and the next training class is in less then 1 week assume that you will not be attending that class. Call your recruiter now so you know whats going on.

33 months ago

LOL83 in Miami, Florida said: Training Dates;

They told me when the next date would be but you need to have all your info completed including background check before you can start. If you were told that the next class would be on XYZ date and you still have not heard back from the recruiter forget about getting into that training class. They also have to send you your agreement letter that has your salary and start date that you have to sign and fax over so that you are officially a WF employe. realistically speaking if you have not heard from your recruiter by today and the next training class is in less then 1 week assume that you will not be attending that class. Call your recruiter now so you know whats going on.

Your feedback is helpful. I have nothing that would appear on any report, so I am to assume that all is fine since they called to tell me I have another interview at a different branch this time. They wanted to assign me to a prior place, but the branch manager quit and now they're reorganizing.

What are the qualifications for a Personal Banker-2. Do you know if they hire anyone at that level who doesn't have the Series 6, 63 licenses coming in the door?

Sosuccessful in New York, New York

33 months ago

OnTheHorizon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Your feedback is helpful. I have nothing that would appear on any report, so I am to assume that all is fine since they called to tell me I have another interview at a different branch this time. They wanted to assign me to a prior place, but the branch manager quit and now they're reorganizing.

What are the qualifications for a Personal Banker-2. Do you know if they hire anyone at that level who doesn't have the Series 6, 63 licenses coming in the door?

Hello I am a PB2. I do believe you have to be licensed for the title Reg PB2. I have not seen an unregistered PB2. They normally have 1-2 registered banker per branch. I work in NJ. I think you need to be licensed only. I know a few registered bankers who have no prior banking experience but are licensed.

33 months ago

Sosuccessful in New York, New York said: Hello I am a PB2. I do believe you have to be licensed for the title Reg PB2. I have not seen an unregistered PB2. They normally have 1-2 registered banker per branch. I work in NJ. I think you need to be licensed only. I know a few registered bankers who have no prior banking experience but are licensed.

Oh, that's cool. What products do you sell that are different than the PB-1?

Is it hard for a PB-1 to get promtoed to a PB-2?

Do they have to wait an entire year?

IF a PB-1 does get promoted, then they are coming in to a PB-2 without the licenses.

Therefore, I can conclude the bank provides training for the licenses.

What is the staring pay for PB-2?

33 months ago

There are not as many PB2 openings as there are PB1. I think the company is starting to move away from licensing bankers as the banker does not sell the product. Under Wachovia the bankers used to be able to sell the investment product. Wells is requiring a 6, 63 license for banker in order to talk about investments and refer them to the advisor because you must be licensed to talk about investments. Its very ridiculous to license a banker if they are not selling the investment. However its good to come in with a license because they do pay you for it. PB2 starting is 56K-63K . If you meet you numbers consistently in 2-3 quarters you can be promoted. Plenty of growth oppportunity

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LOL83 in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

SoSuccessful is correct. In order to become a PB2 you need to be licensed. WF requires a series 6 or 63 to get into trading/investments. PB2 make a lot more money then PB1 at WF. The goal of a PB should be to obtain licensing in order to become a PB2 only and only if you are interested in eventually getting into trading and investments. If your goal is to get to become a manager or assistant branch manager then just meet your goals and when the position become available apply for it. A PB1 can get promoted to a PB2 withing 6 month to a year depending on if you have had 2 consecutive quarters where you have met your sales goals. If you do meet your goals WF will sponsor you so you can take the test. Please do not take these test lightly as they are very difficult. I took the Series 7 practice exam without studying and failed horribly. It was the hardest test I have ever taken in my entire life. You have to study and you have to be prepared.

33 months ago

If you want to work with investments being a PB2 is not the job for you. As a PB2 you will have little to no experience working with investments as it is not needed. THat is what the advisor is for. Someone looking to get into investments should start out as an advisor trainee at Wells Fargo Advisors Merrill Lynch, SMith Barney or Edward Jones. They will pay you a starting salary and then eventually you will be fully commissioned. Bottom line PB2 has higher sales goals than a PB1 and a PB2 gets paid on the money that clients invest with the advisor that the banker referred. That is the only difference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

LOL83 in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

Sosuccesful ill agree with what you are saying but I also disagree. As a licensed banker with a series 7 under your belt you have a much easier way of transferring over Wells Fargo advisor. If your goal is to get into investments (at least here in Florida) most investments firm are only looking to hire licensed bankers. There are no trainee position available in Miami available and what they are looking mostly for is interns that will eventually get paid. I think you will agree with me that to get your foot in the door with a Smith Barney etc...you should have a some pb2 experience and be licensed to be a stock broker. If your new to the banking sector being a PB is a great way to get your foot in the door.

33 months ago

Interesting- here in NY as well as NJ there are plenty of trainee advisor programs- mostly are looking for a BA or a few years sales experience. They then will sponsor you for your exams. Spoken from experience as I have a 7 and 66 from a trainee program with a firm. But nevertheless nothing wrong with getting licensed through Wells retail side but definitely not the only way.

FAWealthManager in Boca Raton, Florida

33 months ago

Sosuccessful in New York, New York said: Interesting- here in NY as well as NJ there are plenty of trainee advisor programs- mostly are looking for a BA or a few years sales experience. They then will sponsor you for your exams. Spoken from experience as I have a 7 and 66 from a trainee program with a firm. But nevertheless nothing wrong with getting licensed through Wells retail side but definitely not the only way.

Do you have any suggestions getting licensed with any other firm other than Wells?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Sosuccessful in New York, New York said: Interesting- here in NY as well as NJ there are plenty of trainee advisor programs- mostly are looking for a BA or a few years sales experience. They then will sponsor you for your exams. Spoken from experience as I have a 7 and 66 from a trainee program with a firm. But nevertheless nothing wrong with getting licensed through Wells retail side but definitely not the only way.

Any other firms to get licensed other than Wells?

33 months ago

Look into Edward Jones. They will sponsor you and pay you a salary for the six moths that you study from home to pass the 7 and 66. The send you a laptop and also your study material. You have only 1 time to pass the seven or they let you go. You have 2 times to pass the 66. You study for the 7 first,/ If you pass they fly you out to St. Louis for 5 days all expenses paid to learn more about sales. You go back and study for the 66 and then fly back out again for another 5 days for more sales knowledge- after you have passed the 66. You then are licensed to sell. You must open a certain amount of account and earn a certain gross commission in order to move on the the next stage called PDP. You have 17 weeks to get to your numbers. If you do after 17 weeks you fly back out for 3 days. Keep your numbers up and within a few months you will qualify for your office- built at a location of your choice. It is truly like running your own business. I went through it but did not have enough numbers to qualify for PDP. You MUST be comfortable with DOORKNOCKING! or you will FAIL.

33 months ago

Sosuccessful in New York, New York said: Look into Edward Jones. They will sponsor you and pay you a salary for the six moths that you study from home to pass the 7 and 66. The send you a laptop and also your study material. You have only 1 time to pass the seven or they let you go. You have 2 times to pass the 66. You study for the 7 first,/ If you pass they fly you out to St. Louis for 5 days all expenses paid to learn more about sales. You go back and study for the 66 and then fly back out again for another 5 days for more sales knowledge- after you have passed the 66. You then are licensed to sell. You must open a certain amount of account and earn a certain gross commission in order to move on the the next stage called PDP. You have 17 weeks to get to your numbers. If you do after 17 weeks you fly back out for 3 days. Keep your numbers up and within a few months you will qualify for your office- built at a location of your choice. It is truly like running your own business. I went through it but did not have enough numbers to qualify for PDP. You MUST be comfortable with DOORKNOCKING! or you will FAIL.

Sosuccessful...thank you for your advice!!!
I like to build my book of clients and want to offer all financial advisory services. I am also thinking about adding tax advice. I like to work under pressure but it has to be healthy and constructive. When I look at the numbers from EJ the 25 contacts per day are doable if I had more marketing tools available than only door knocking. Any other great companies to work for to get licensed within 2 month?

33 months ago

Jones will set you up with an endless supply of mailers with your face in it- sent out monthly as well as tons of stamps. They also give you an allowance to use towards marketing like newspaper billboards or fees to join business clubs. Its good. It's just hard as it would be at any firm. Merril and Smith Barneys training programs are great as well. I would go to one of the three. Do you have sales experience?

33 months ago

You'll need 2 months to study for the 7 with no distractions! There are many companies that will sponsor you but will not pay you while you study or for the exam i.e. Metlife. One of the reasons I liked Jones

33 months ago

Sosuccessful in New York, New York said: Jones will set you up with an endless supply of mailers with your face in it- sent out monthly as well as tons of stamps. They also give you an allowance to use towards marketing like newspaper billboards or fees to join business clubs. Its good. It's just hard as it would be at any firm. Merril and Smith Barneys training programs are great as well. I would go to one of the three. Do you have sales experience?

Thanks a lot that was very useful. The problem I see with EJ is that I dont own the client book. I like to be in control and independent. Sure in the beginning I need the support and would agree to pay back for training and expenses the firm had to own the book of business I work hard especially during the first year.

I also thought about Merril and MSSB but need to find out more about their culture and how they handle the book of business. Do you have any insights?

I have some experience in sales but need more sales training and especially for the specific products these firms offer.

tommy in Albuquerque, New Mexico

33 months ago

I got offered a teller position and just submitted my background check and fingerprints a week ago and still have not heard from WF. I currently work for Citibank and I have had 2 dui's since 2006. I have horrible credit due to lost of job and reduction in income and had a car repo a year ago. I dont have any felony. Does anyone know if I have a chance getting hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amber hernandez in Bakersfield, California

33 months ago

Hi i was wondering if i filed for bankruptcy a year ago will it affect me getting a teller position at wells fargo?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.