Wells Fargo Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 472)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

tommy in Ontario, California

33 months ago

Joe S in San Diego, California said: Hi i went tru the first group interview on a Tuesday then the next day a manager called for an interview for a friday. I hope I did good on that last interview. I wasnt offered the job yet,I called after about a week but he said the background check was probably going on. I didnt sign any paper work for a background check or anything. They probably just do it automatically, its almost 7 days (not counting sats and sund's) and havent heard anything back from an HR recruiter back. I hope i can still get the job as a teller. Any one knows the average time a background check takes???

I had the group interview then I had an interview with the branch manager a few days later. A few days after that the HR recruiter called me and offered me the teller position pending the background and fingerprinting check. You have to fill out an extensive background information online about where you have lived the past 10 years then they schedule you for fingerprinting. I am still waiting for the results and it has been over a week. I hope I get hired though. Hope this helps!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amber hernandez in Bakersfield, California

33 months ago

tommy in Ontario, California said: I had the group interview then I had an interview with the branch manager a few days later. A few days after that the HR recruiter called me and offered me the teller position pending the background and fingerprinting check. You have to fill out an extensive background information online about where you have lived the past 10 years then they schedule you for fingerprinting. I am still waiting for the results and it has been over a week. I hope I get hired though. Hope this helps!!

Yes I got a call on Fri and filed out background stuff and did fingerprints yesterday so I'm also waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tommy in Ontario, California

33 months ago

Amber hernandez in Bakersfield, California said: Yes I got a call on Fri and filed out background stuff and did fingerprints yesterday so I'm also waiting.

Your from Bakersfield? I wonder if you know my friend Rachel. She's from Bakersfield

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amber hernandez in Bakersfield, California

33 months ago

I'm not sure. Do u know if a previous bankruptcy can affect ur chance? Or do they not do credit checks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MizzouMama2Two in Saint Louis, Missouri

33 months ago

Do not fret they cannot possibly do a credit check as I have insanely awful credit b/c of my divorce. I do have one DUI (2003) and three speeding tickets. I just received notification my background check cleared...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amber hernandez in Bakersfield, California

33 months ago

So how long did it take to clear? Hopefully mine does soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wells in Berkeley, California

33 months ago

Still waiting for my background check result. I've finished my finger print on 10/27/2011 and it's now Wednesday. I'm just afraid if my offer will be rescinded because i have a criminal case in 2005 (case dismissed in Jan. 2007). My offer was rescinded from Chase in Sept. 2011 because of my criminal case. sigh....I'll update you guys with my status later. wish me luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tommy in Yorba Linda, California

33 months ago

Wells in Berkeley, California said: Still waiting for my background check result. I've finished my finger print on 10/27/2011 and it's now Wednesday. I'm just afraid if my offer will be rescinded because i have a criminal case in 2005 (case dismissed in Jan. 2007). My offer was rescinded from Chase in Sept. 2011 because of my criminal case. sigh....I'll update you guys with my status later. wish me luck.

Good Luck! This Thursday would have been 3 weeks for me. I just emailed the HR recruiter yesterday and I received a reply this morning to let me know that she is hoping she would received it within the next 48 hrs. Im not sure why it is taking so long but maybe because I have moved over ten times within the past 10 years. And my credit is horrible. Wish me luck also. I will keep you updated once I hear something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wells in Berkeley, California

33 months ago

tommy in Yorba Linda, California said: Good Luck! This Thursday would have been 3 weeks for me. I just emailed the HR recruiter yesterday and I received a reply this morning to let me know that she is hoping she would received it within the next 48 hrs. Im not sure why it is taking so long but maybe because I have moved over ten times within the past 10 years. And my credit is horrible. Wish me luck also. I will keep you updated once I hear something.

Thanks Tommy,

Good luck on your result and pls update us with your status later.
I'm worried a lot because I had my offer rescinded from Chase and same thing will happen from Wells Fargo.
I hope my background will clear too.
Thank you for your comment!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tommy in Albuquerque, New Mexico

33 months ago

Wells in Berkeley, California said: Thanks Tommy,

Good luck on your result and pls update us with your status later.
I'm worried a lot because I had my offer rescinded from Chase and same thing will happen from Wells Fargo.
I hope my background will clear too.
Thank you for your comment!

Just to update you! I received a phone call about 30 mins ago from the HR Recruiter and my background check came back clear so I start on monday. Good Luck to you and I hope you do get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wells in Berkeley, California

32 months ago

Congrats Tommy! Good to hear that you got the job!
I'm still waiting on mine. It's been 2 weeks now since I did my finger print.
I'm very stressed out and can't do anything because I read some comments related to my crime conviction not getting the job.
I'm praying everyday and hope I will get a call soon. wish me luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

banker85 in Menifee, California

32 months ago

Ok I past all my interviews to become a Personal banker1 at wells and went and had my fingerprints and they started my background. how long does it take I'm supposed to start November 28. . I'm scared a lil to hear the results because I checked NO and had a felony over 7 years ago when i was in college. the charge was dismissed and sealed in 2010. I have never had any other altercations and my charge has nothing to do with stealing or any type of dishonesty. Should I be worried

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wells in Berkeley, California

32 months ago

banker85 in Menifee, California said: Ok I past all my interviews to become a Personal banker1 at wells and went and had my fingerprints and they started my background. how long does it take I'm supposed to start November 28. . I'm scared a lil to hear the results because I checked NO and had a felony over 7 years ago when i was in college. the charge was dismissed and sealed in 2010. I have never had any other altercations and my charge has nothing to do with stealing or any type of dishonesty. Should I be worried

Did my finger print on 10/27/2011, got my consumer report from First Advantage on 11/2/2011 (since you live in California you'll be able to receive your report if you selected yes), and First Advantage mailed me a letter on behalf of Wells Fargo on 11/9/2011 (which i got the mail today 11/14/2011) saying that my offer was rescinded. They don't tell you the reason. And I think this is case by case but I didn't get any calls from my recruiter regarding my offer being rescinded. So to answer your question, it took 8 business days for them to mail me the decision.

Hope you get the job. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christig83 in Surprise, Arizona

32 months ago

I was told the background check can take up to 60 days (possibly 90?) since it is a federal background check. I was suppose to start on 11/28, but my recruiter called me on 11/23 informing me that it has yet to be complete and I wont be able to start till 1/9/2013 if it is clear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

needhelp in West Sacramento, California

31 months ago

tommy in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: Just to update you! I received a phone call about 30 mins ago from the HR Recruiter and my background check came back clear so I start on monday. Good Luck to you and I hope you do get the job.

Hi tommy, my situation is like yours with multiple dui. I did background check two weeks ago. ive been waiting for someone to call. its already been two weeks. how long did it take them to call you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

needhelp in West Sacramento, California

31 months ago

Can someone reply. Does anyone know if 2 dui will cause you to not get the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brittany in WA in Washington

31 months ago

needhelp in West Sacramento, California said: Can someone reply. Does anyone know if 2 dui will cause you to not get the job

Im waiting on my background check to clear. I have two MIP minor in possession and or consumption of alcohol. Mine are gross misdemeanors, but I think they are mainly looking for theft and fraud related crimes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

needhelp in West Sacramento, California

31 months ago

Brittany in WA in Washington said: Im waiting on my background check to clear. I have two MIP minor in possession and or consumption of alcohol. Mine are gross misdemeanors, but I think they are mainly looking for theft and fraud related crimes.

How long have you been waiting? Let me know when you hear from them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brittany in WA in Washington

31 months ago

needhelp in West Sacramento, California said: How long have you been waiting? Let me know when you hear from them

I gave my fingerprints yesterday! I'm hoping it doesn't take too long. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

needhelp in West Sacramento, California

31 months ago

Brittany in WA in Washington said: I gave my fingerprints yesterday! I'm hoping it doesn't take too long. Good luck

Ive been waiting for almost 3weeks now so im just cocerned about the bsckground. But like you said they are prob looking for theft and fraud. also do you have 2 duis

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brittany in WA in Washington

31 months ago

needhelp in West Sacramento, California said: Ive been waiting for almost 3weeks now so im just cocerned about the bsckground. But like you said they are prob looking for theft and fraud. also do you have 2 duis

No I have two MIP's.. Have you tried calling the recruiter? Maybe they can assure you sometimes it takes a while to do these background checks. It all depends. I'm sure it'll be fine!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unneccesarily Stressed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

I was offered the teller position pending a background check. I submitted my finger prints Monday 12/19 but have been stressing. I have a misdeameanor 3 yrs old that was expunged. I was afraid it would come up, but I just got the call that my background check cleared and when I start training. If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Scared in Mcdonough, Georgia

31 months ago

I have an offer from wells Fargo pending a BC, I'm a little nervous because in 1996 I wrote some bad checks. I paid the fine and checks off, I was young and in college, the case was later dismissed. Do I have anything to worry about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

unneccesarily worried in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

If your case was expunged I wouldn't worry, I've read comments about ppl who had bad check cases and were still hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Scared in Mcdonough, Georgia

31 months ago

Okay, I don't remember if it got expunged. I was thinking by it being soooo old I should be okay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unneccesarily Stressed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

I'm not sure if it wasnt expunged it will still show up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dedatt2000@hotmail.com in Irvine, California

31 months ago

Does anyone know about peoples bank and their backround checks . i just applied and i have a small theft misdameanor going back over 15 years ago and was wondering how far do they go back also if i will get hired for the position . I did report it on application of employment however my concern now banks are so strict and ruthless when it comes to credit or past criminal history

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cjw0524 in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

Did you get the job ?

aznebraskan in Mesa, Arizona said: dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California said: I don't think they do. In fact, I know they must not have done a credit check as my credit is bad. I got offered the job. What position were you applying for?

I am applying for Credit Manager- my credit is bad too..

Ok...so I've been reading the comments listed on this website and none have been reassuring.... I've recently applied for a collector position at wells fargo financial ....seriously...does anyone know for sure if they run a credit report...mine is seriosly not good.... I just need to know...this is driving me crazy...I received the letter stating I got the position...but they said it was pending on the background check... please help me with this one....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

despeeate in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

I received an offer for employment but I'm worried they do credit checks please please help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unneccesarily Stressed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

They dnt do credit checks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

30 months ago

Will a Felon drug possession charge eliminate me from working at WF?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

30 months ago

sicktomystomach in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: This post has made me feel better thanks I hope I get the call today with a start date thanks again

What about Felony drug possession can that knock you out of the running for a teller position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

30 months ago

Reese 510 in Hayward, California said: I have a group interview scheduled for tomorrow and I was wondering if a misdemeanor DUI convicition, and a domestic arrest with no conviction would prevent me from getting hired at Wells Fargo?

what about felon drug possession over 5 yrs ago? Will that keep a person out of the running?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

30 months ago

Libby07 said: HI YOU GUYS I JUST FINISHED EVERYTHING WITH WELLS FARGO!! I AM OFFICIALLY A TELLER!! ANY ?'s I WILL ANSWER THEM ALL.

do you know if a felon drug charge from 5yrs ago will knock you out of a position at WF to be a teller?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

despeeate in Stone Mountain, Georgia

30 months ago

Aww congrats I just got hired too :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Fountain, Colorado

30 months ago

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: do you know if a felon drug charge from 5yrs ago will knock you out of a position at WF to be a teller?

HI MIKE , I have question? I went to the interview with the manager. NOw, am anxious cus he told me to sell something and I dont think I did well. How was ur interview with the branch manager. ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

30 months ago

See this for regulation considering FDIC bonding and past criminal history FDIC STATEMENT OF POLICY FOR SECTION 19 OF THE FDI ACT. Answers all of the questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

CBoom1 in Los Angeles, California

30 months ago

Okay so after this long process i was called and offered a job contingent on my background check. Now i don't have any criminal convictions or anything like that but i was fired from 2 jobs in the past. Will they find this while oding the background check???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Fountain, Colorado

30 months ago

Please, I need help!!! I was offered a 20 hours job as a Teller for Wells Fargo, then I was offered a 39 hours job as sales bank rep for TCF Bank, pay almost same but I am so confused. I do not know what to do. I do not think I can hang on 20 hrs because of the $ issue but I truly think I Wells Fargo may be a better company !? ANY HELP?? THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

30 months ago

Nikki in Fountain, Colorado said: Please, I need help!!! I was offered a 20 hours job as a Teller for Wells Fargo, then I was offered a 39 hours job as sales bank rep for TCF Bank, pay almost same but I am so confused. I do not know what to do. I do not think I can hang on 20 hrs because of the $ issue but I truly think I Wells Fargo may be a better company !? ANY HELP?? THANKS

Has wells fargo called you with a start date yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

30 months ago

Nikki in Fountain, Colorado said: HI MIKE , I have question? I went to the interview with the manager. NOw, am anxious cus he told me to sell something and I dont think I did well. How was ur interview with the branch manager. ??

Wen well got an offer !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Fountain, Colorado

30 months ago

Yes, I got an offer for 20hrs...starting this week , but am wondering cus just 20hrs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

30 months ago

when did u do your background check? Is it the circle and platte location?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Fountain, Colorado

30 months ago

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: Wen well got an offer !

Did you get full time or 20hrs??? I am just wondering it will be hard to live of 20 hrs...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

30 months ago

Congrats Nikki! I got 40hr offer pending pending background clearing....when did u do you background and when did they call u with a start date and is it the Platte and Circle location?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Fountain, Colorado

30 months ago

Well, my background come back in 2 days...was on the S Cascade location

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nikki R in Fountain, Colorado

30 months ago

Mike43 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: Congrats Nikki! I got 40hr offer pending pending background clearing....when did u do you background and when did they call u with a start date and is it the Platte and Circle location?

MIke43- Did u get job?? We gng orientation...hope see u then

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Titan871 in West Des Moines, Iowa

30 months ago

Anyone know if a Misdemeanor stalking conviction will disqualify me from employment at WF?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nikki R in Fountain, Colorado

30 months ago

Titan871 in West Des Moines, Iowa said: Anyone know if a Misdemeanor stalking conviction will disqualify me from employment at WF?

Almost 100% possibility of getting u disqualified, if it is less than 10 yrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bri Caldwell in Birmingham, Alabama

30 months ago

I had an interview with WF last week through a temp service. I got a call from my recruiter yesterday saying that I made it to the background process. While I am excited I am very nervous. I have had background checks before but none that have included fingerprinting. I have some questionable things going on like I have a license from another state, I can't get one in the state I live in now. My credit is crap but I have never been arrested. Does anyone know what they look at? I have tried to find some info on First Advantage but can't find anything. Any info provided would be appreciated, thx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.