Wells Fargo Phone Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

lerolero in Fayetteville, North Carolina

29 months ago

I just had a phone interview with Wells Fargo and I think it went really good, however, I dont get my hopes high anymore. Would like to hear some stories. Did you had a phone interview with Wells Fargo? What's next?
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Mr in Missouri, Missouri

29 months ago

I did and was just offered a job a few days ago. Give it some time, I know its been 20 days since you asked, but I'm guessing you are applying for a charlette advisors. I actually sat down and wrote several examples to questions they would ask and reread them 10 or 15 times each. At least have 10 answers, you will not use them all, but you will be grateful when it comes to it. At the end, the interviewer told me I was going to be recommended because I asked. I said some jokes and made the HR recruiter laugh at the end. Its all behavioral questions like tell me about a time when you had to turn a negative situation into a positive. The recruiter said they would call in 2 weeks they called 3 days later and I was in the personal interview 3 days later. I did the same thing and set aside about 10 hours. I know one of my friends that got rejected after the personal interview and he takes on the "bankers mentality". He spent no time and only money to look nice. I was dressed in a $100 suit and nailed it. I was then introduced to some people following the interview and they even told me they enjoyed speaking with me and I would hear from them very soon. Took about 2 weeks but I got the position. A little about me, I have a B.S. in finance and relative experience but I'm also very young for this role. Just take the mentality that no one is as knowledgeable and just show them that. Good luck I hope you get the job! just remember you have to pass those FINRA exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jeepguy66 in Charlotte, North Carolina

27 months ago

lerolero in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I just had a phone interview with Wells Fargo and I think it went really good, however, I dont get my hopes high anymore. Would like to hear some stories. Did you had a phone interview with Wells Fargo? What's next?
Thanks!

I've had about 10 phone interviews with Wells Fargo in the past few months, and they all seemed to go well. Sadly, you get no feedback as they tend to go from standard behavioral question to question. They get your hopes up by asking if the hours work for you, if the salary is OK and how much notice you need-- then nothing...I am still waiting to hear on positions I interviewed for in January, but I'm thinking I didn't get them at this point. I did have one "in person" interview 3 weeks ago with no response. I always send thank you emails after each, and I ask for constructive feedback each time, but sI till get nothing...The only reason I keep trying with them is that I need a job, and I worked for Wells Fargo in the past. When I gave my notice last years, I was told I could come back anytime because I was well liked, and I did a great job. Still, nothing...It's frustrating to wait, but keep the faith...It WILL happen!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mindybaby14 in Midlothian, Virginia

27 months ago

^^ --continued --

And then left that job for a sales position with cell phones, I then worked there for six months and decided I wanted to try again. I went online and paid to have a really good resume and practiced my interview skills and done my phone interview and rocked it! She said on the phone she wanted me to come for a 1:1 interview with a supervisor and I accepted. She offered to set it up for Thursday and unfortunately I had to work. So she said she would call to reschedule it. She said it could take up to 2 days, a week passed she never called. I emailed her, she called and set another one up. I went to it (the next Thursday) and done excellent. Got a call the following Monday and they asked me if I accepted the positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

krazybonita85 in Egg Harbor City, New Jersey

24 months ago

Jeepguy66 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I've had about 10 phone interviews with Wells Fargo in the past few months, and they all seemed to go well. Sadly, you get no feedback as they tend to go from standard behavioral question to question. They get your hopes up by asking if the hours work for you, if the salary is OK and how much notice you need-- then nothing...I am still waiting to hear on positions I interviewed for in January, but I'm thinking I didn't get them at this point. I did have one "in person" interview 3 weeks ago with no response. I always send thank you emails after each, and I ask for constructive feedback each time, but sI till get nothing...The only reason I keep trying with them is that I need a job, and I worked for Wells Fargo in the past. When I gave my notice last years, I was told I could come back anytime because I was well liked, and I did a great job. Still, nothing...It's frustrating to wait, but keep the faith...It WILL happen!

Sadly i'm having the same issue...I've already had two phone interviews and no response the process for getting a job at wells fargo can be very discouraging but I refuse to give up...im just going to keep applying for every position that opens up until I finally score an in person interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RW in San Francisco, California

3 months ago

1 Phone Interview 1 day right after I applied, and recruiter set up the branch interview for 2 days later. Then, they offered 44,000/yr and they said it's for some people with no banking background. I accepted since it's my first job. Everything is smooth!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.