Wells Fargo Teller- 37 hours?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

sunshinegirl in Norfolk, Virginia

41 months ago

Hi, I just got offered a 37-hour teller position with WF. 37 seems so odd...just shy of 40...on one hand I feel lucky because it was advertised as a 20-hr position and somehow they decided to give me 37 which means more money obviously, but on the other hand I feel like they're trying to deprive me of some benefits by not giving me a regular 40-hour position and be done with it. What do you guys think the 37-hour deal is about? I've seen 20, 25, 29, 30 but never 37. Just wondering. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kiki in Oxnard, California

41 months ago

sunshinegirl in Norfolk, Virginia said: Hi, I just got offered a 37-hour teller position with WF. 37 seems so odd...just shy of 40...on one hand I feel lucky because it was advertised as a 20-hr position and somehow they decided to give me 37 which means more money obviously, but on the other hand I feel like they're trying to deprive me of some benefits by not giving me a regular 40-hour position and be done with it. What do you guys think the 37-hour deal is about? I've seen 20, 25, 29, 30 but never 37. Just wondering. Thanks.

I have worked at a job with 37.5 hours. I was told they do this to make sure we did not qualify for FT benefits, but they still had us working enought to actually earn something. Also, some people do little things to increase their hours worked like clock in 10 minutes early and if they are helping customers after they are supposed to clock out but can't just leave right on time, there is the time cushioning to allow them to do so without penalty. It may or may not be true, but that was what I was told.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Elk Grove, California

38 months ago

Each branch is given a strict amount of hours to hand out to tellers. We call it FTE. So if one teller goes to school and only can work 22 hours during the week. It leaves a weird amount of hours available to offer another teller for hire. So if you have a few tellers with this issue, like at our branch. You end up with an odd 37hrs. This can also because most stores do not want to hire a full time person. Management tries to keep overtime to a minimum. So if you are at 40 hrs it is harder to avoid this. so it could be either reason. My branch just doesnt hire full time because it is better to have two tellers instead of one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.