Wells Fargo and misdemeanor DUI

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

JAY80 in UNKOWN

71 months ago

Hello,

Does anyone know if Wells Fargo rescinds offers for PB positions if the candidate has a misdemeanor DUI from 2 years ago? Please let me know.
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Presley Elvis in Memphis, Tennessee

70 months ago

No. You can have bankruptcies, DUI's, Bad credit, you just can not have ever bounced a check that went to court. Not even for 25 bucks. As a matter of fact, you hiring manager just calls an 800 HR number that says yes or no you passed. They never share the reasons. So rest well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wholesale52 in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

WF applicant in Mission Viejo, California said: Jay, did you get the job?

I'm not that guy but I do have a sketchy background, and I did pass the background check. Here's the short list DUI three years ago, destruction of police property, and bad credit. I did have a great interview though. Anyways, what I was told was that felonies and criminal records involving dishonesty will get you automatically eliminated from eligibility. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cerenity in Van Nuys, California

35 months ago

JAY80 in UNKOWN said: Hello,

Does anyone know if Wells Fargo rescinds offers for PB positions if the candidate has a misdemeanor DUI from 2 years ago? Please let me know.
Thank you

i got the job with misdimeanor for lying to the police

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mikey in Geneva, Minnesota

28 months ago

JAY80 in UNKOWN said: Hello,

Thank you

People, Wells Fargo don't care about DUI or bankruptcy. But they won't give you a job if you have driving after revocation due to DUI which i got like 10 yrs ago. I am cleaned for last 10 yrs but didn't get the job because of one DUI and driving after revocation that i got in 2002. So if you have one dui but no driving after revocation, i am very sure you will get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Fresno, California

25 months ago

Listen,

DUI's whether 1 or 4 will not hurt you for a job. I got a job and still on probation, taking the classes, community service, etc and I am a rather upper rank employee. It comes down to your qualifications-meaning you are selected for the job. You don't need to disclose to the hiring manager of this. Actually, HR doesn't even ask-DUI related stuff....they want to know honesty related crimes. Sleep easy...I was there like you worried....I have 2 DUI....but.....stayed current with court orders too....my bigger problem personal obviously....but relax, be an asset to our company!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

job seeker in fl in Gulf Breeze, Florida

25 months ago

Does anyone know if wells fargo's bg checks are the same nationwide. I am in the south, we seem to be more judge mental. I have dui and poor credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

GageC in Denton, Maryland

18 months ago

wholesale52 in Los Angeles, California said: I'm not that guy but I do have a sketchy background, and I did pass the background check. Here's the short list DUI three years ago, destruction of police property, and bad credit . I did have a great interview though. Anyways, what I was told was that felonies and criminal records involving dishonesty will get you automatically eliminated from eligibility. Hope this helps.

Do you know what "misdemeanors of dishonesty" include? Does that include a DUI? Because my application says to only report "misdemeanors of dishonesty" or felonies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

agree037 in Richmond, Virginia

18 months ago

I have a 2010 charge of failure to return property misdemeanor. I'm still waiting for my backgry check to come back. Does anyone know if that is grounds for them to rescind the offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

number49 in Austin, Texas

17 months ago

Hello. On a simliar topic. I was offered a position at GE in Houston, TX. I disclosed to them that I had a Mistermenor on my record prior to the background check. In my explanation: "Apart from an otherwise clear record, you may find that I have an arrest for a DUI. I have not been charged but I can assure you that I have taken the necessary steps to make sure I will not be in that situation again. This should not affect my performance for XXX position."

Does anyone know if this will cause GE to recind my offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lt in San Diego, California

10 months ago

Chris in Fresno, California said: Listen,

DUI's whether 1 or 4 will not hurt you for a job. I got a job and still on probation, taking the classes, community service, etc and I am a rather upper rank employee. It comes down to your qualifications-meaning you are selected for the job. You don't need to disclose to the hiring manager of this. Actually, HR doesn't even ask-DUI related stuff....they want to know honesty related crimes. Sleep easy...I was there like you worried....I have 2 DUI....but.....stayed current with court orders too....my bigger problem personal obviously....but relax, be an asset to our company!!!!!

What do you do? I got a DUI last December and am having trouble finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.