How to get a job at Wells Fargo.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 86)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Wells Fargo? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Sarah Thomas in Mission Viejo, California

90 months ago

Hello my name is Sarah Thomas and i would really love to join your crew at the Wells Fargo in San Juan Capistrano. I am hardworking and love to talk with people . I give great customer service and am very easy to train. So please contact me about the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (95) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

Elaina in Vancouver, Washington

88 months ago

You may want to apply on line wellsfargojobs.com. I did receive a 20 minute ph interview followed up by a personal interview the following business day. Give it a try it may work for you also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Moneybags in Crosslake, Minnesota

88 months ago

Here is what I did. I asked a former employer give me a letter of recommendation to send to the hiring manager at the local branch that was hiring. I had a phone interview with a recruiter then I call 3 days later to follow up with the recruiter. I was told that the hiring manager will contact me very soon. Then I went in for an interview and blew it out of the water. You must be self motivated a team player and very very out going. I follow up with the hiring manager 3 more days after my in office interview. I then had a meeting with the district manager and now I will be staring on the 30th of April as a Personal Banker. Just FYI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Congratulations, I am still waiting to hear if I have the job or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Thank you. Best of Luck. Just have good follow up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Chigaco DE/VA Lapp

88 months ago

Perhaps Wells is good outfit out West..The Wells residential in ElkGrove area of suburban Chicago is a mess; I made about 90K and was delighted to leave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

elaina in Vancouver, Washington

88 months ago

I am still waiting to hear from w/f, even though I was have called 3 times and was told the first time they would get back to me. I am getting a little disappointed since I thought it was a good corporation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Elaina - Have you called speak with the hiring manager in the local branch yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Dont know what to tell you any more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

apparently they got busy with more interviews, but after the background check I do start work on 5-21-07

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mondybages in Crosslake, Minnesota

88 months ago

Hey way to go. Good Job. I bet your excited.? So what will you be doing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

POPPY in Hayward, California

87 months ago

i applied last year, and did phone interwiew , and they told me they gonna call me in 7 to 10 days, i did they told me there is no open position on my area , still have to wait, well in 8 months no body call so i called back there again and they told me they changed process and need to go face to face interwiew, we rescheduled, it was a group interwiew and i guess i did fine too, and they told the same 7 to 10 days they gonna call and no body call again and i did 1800 number still in process and they want me wait for 7-10 days again.. May be california office works different, but i am really jealous washington and other wellsfargo offices. I really wanna work this bank and wish they can give a response soon positive or negative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Eric Thompson in San Diego, California

87 months ago

My name is Eric Thompson and i am looking for a position with wells fargo in the loan dept. i have been working finance and loans for appox 12years and am aware of wells fargos excellent
employee programs. i am just asking wells fargo to take a look at my resume or to give me a phone interview after that managers will know what is best for the position available for
there location.
thank you
and good luck to all those in the same position that i am in.

Eric Thompson

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

emd in Vancouver, Washington

87 months ago

Eric, apply on line at wellsfargojobs.com first. It takes about 2 weeks to hear from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tmac in Plano, Texas

87 months ago

well, my friends all got on at W/F pretty easy, and it seems to be going pretty easy for me. I did the online application, then called the recruiter myself the next morning, she had the branch manager call me that same afternoon to do a phone interview, than she called me back and told me to be at a panel interview in 3 days.....pretty simple so far!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

POPPY in Hayward, California

87 months ago

i applied wellsfargo last year , they did phone interwiew then they told me they will call me in 10 days if they wont i should call that 800 number 10 days later, when ever i called them they told me i have to wait 10 days more well , it took couple of month and each time they told me there is no open position in my area, well then i called back that 800 number again this year and they called me face to face group interwiew last month with other 10-15 people, they told the same in 10 days they gonna call me again and same result , negative or positive no response, and i keep calling same number and they keep giving me 10 days more to call them back.May be california office of wellsfargo is like that. I only just wanna know should i still keep hoping to get a job there or not , or look for something else!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

eric thompson in San Diego, California

87 months ago

i have been looking for a reply for almost 3 months now i guess there are no openings in any dept from san diego to los angeles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Austin, Texas

86 months ago

Just wondering what all you have to do to get a personal banker trainee position. I was recently called to schedule a phone interview. I assume this is the first line of business. Once the phone interview is over what should I expect? Any advice on how the phone interview will be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Austin, Texas

86 months ago

I was contacted for a phone interview, and it seems the position is mostly sales related. I am looking to gain experience in the banking industry so I think this is a good start. Supposedly their is a 9 month training session. The lady said she would contact me towards the end of the week to give me a verdict.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony in Oakland, California

86 months ago

Kevin, how long did it take you to get the phone interview? It has been two weeks for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Austin, Texas

86 months ago

It took about 2 or 3 weeks before I received a call from HR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Thanks a lot Kevin. I have been waiting for about two weeks now. I hope I get a call sometime this week. Hope all goes well with your progress. I will update this site on mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Austin, Texas

86 months ago

They sent me a email telling me that they were going to move forward with candidates that were more qualified. Guess ill have to keep looking. I dont like that they couldnt even call me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Sorry to hear that. That's probably what's going to happen to me. I really don't like how they recruit at all. They need to respond back faster. I also applied to Washington Mutual this week so you should look into it. It's almost the same position. And if you really want wells than apply for their CSR positions. I heard within a year you can move up to becoming a personal banker. I might go that direction if I don't get either job. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ladiee in Vancouver, Washington

86 months ago

When you get your phone interview that person should schedule you for an interview with one of the supervisors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

no one in Dallas, Texas

86 months ago

WF employees from texas are scammers - they lie to managers to get other fired so that THEY can move into their spots! really. they are LIARS big time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

PETE LIVERPOOL in Baltimore, Maryland

86 months ago

I HAVE A PHONE INTERVIEW FOR THE SECURITY ANALYST INTERNSHIP WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT. SOMEBODY HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bank Teller in Victorville, California

86 months ago

Mondybages in Crosslake, Minnesota said: Hey way to go. Good Job. I bet your excited.? So what will you be doing?

[ Quote who="Bank Teller in Victorville Ca."] I have apply for bank teller and have not heard from then yet [/Qoute]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Carola in Mexicali, Mexico

86 months ago

Do you have the phone number for the phone interview??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eva in Beaverton, Oregon

86 months ago

emd in Vancouver, Washington said: Eric, apply on line at wellsfargojobs.com first. It takes about 2 weeks to hear from them.

I have impressive resume in Sale/Marketing/Costumer services from my country.Now I'm official resident for seven months and apply in Wells Fargo on line from day one. Recently I applied even for the lowest positions in the area and at last they scheduled me for a phone interview. Immediately after the interview i received e-mail "there are candidates whose qualification is more matching the requirements"?!? Next day I received e-mail /negative/ for similar position, part-time. Do you think I'll never be invited for an interview in this bank no matter what I apply for?Or may be I'm overqualified for this low jobs? Please advice how to proceed with Well Fargo in this situation?Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

angie in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

Ok so i applied with wells fargo as a PB the lady seemed to like me
but it has been a wk and I hve not recieved a call back.
Is this bad?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Riverside, California

86 months ago

Yes, as a former hiring manager, I know how you can get interviews at any company in about a week.

1. Use Indeed to find a job that you want
Then, do these five steps: www.careermarketingonline.com/get-hired-perscription.shtml

Host said: Do you work at Wells Fargo? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Anna D in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

How tough is it to get hired as a teller position w/Wells Fargo?? Also, what's their starting pay for tellers?? I'm actually thinking about going to a local branch, to drop off my resume. I did apply online a week ago and still no reponse from the recruiter.
Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Dalia in Forest Hills, New York

83 months ago

I met with a recruiter from WFF and they want to interview me. Can anyone tell me a little bit more about the credit manager position at Wells Fargo Financial? What are the actual day to day responsibilities? Is there a lot of cold calling? pressure from the management? Is it all about selling?
How is the interview process? appx. salary?

Thanks a lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mshalamar in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

hi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

hinton in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

82 months ago

Looking to join your sucessful company and bringing more customers to your team. I'm a loan officer for Alpha Mortgage.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Henry in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

Do you have any info on the base salary Wells offers their LO's and lead source info?

Jim Henry in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

Chigaco DE/VA Lapp said: Perhaps Wells is good outfit out West..The Wells residential in ElkGrove area of suburban Chicago is a mess; I made about 90K and was delighted to leave.

What kind of base did they offer and what kind of leads did you get?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cy Pierce in Olympia, Washington

81 months ago

I am Cy Pierce and I have been a Loan Originator for different Mortgage Brokers for 4yrs. With all the many changes in the Mortgage industry, I am ready to work for a reputable Bank.
I bring experience, customer service, teamwork and the willingness to learn!!

Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nswtd in cambridge, Illinois

81 months ago

i can be either a private mortgage banker or an HMC with Wells. I have a lot of mortgage exp so it is my choice. Does anybody have any insight to which is better in terms of commissions and what a certain department can or can't do. I have been a broker and use to being able to do it all. I know with either of these options, I will have to refer out some of my deals.thanks

The Godfather in San Diego, California

80 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Wells Fargo? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Your best chance at working with Well's is by already knowing someone there to refer you in. That's what I did and now my friend who reffered me in is my manager. I used to be in wholesale mortgage lending but obviously that fell through. I am an individual with financial smarts and extreme sales ability, yet I got this job with no high school diploma, and no college education whatsoever. I simply taught myself the business and proved myself to Well's. Now 7 months in, I've been promoted, and already given a raise, and now I'm on the brink of managing my own branch. It's all about who you know and how good you are. Well's has great expectations of their employees, so be prepared to work long and hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Prospective Employee in Colorado

78 months ago

Does anyone know from experience about Wells Fargo drug testing in Colorado? Specifically for a PB position. I read they test in Oregon and another state but not sure if that is all. Also, if they test, how much advance noticedo they give you? A day or so?

Thanks

ldehart in Kansas City, Kansas

78 months ago

I am a very hard worker, reliable , honest trust worthy. a good employee . looking for a fullfiling job with a challenge .i hate being late. and like to learn new things .i am the kind of employee that you dont half to wonder if the job has been done , or half to check on . i miss 2-3 days a year . come to work sick or not employer would half to send me home .in need of full time position , because i own my home .and i have a house payment to make . i just want a fair chance to do do a good job .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

nez t in plano, Texas

78 months ago

hi ..

just a quick question is the interview with the district manager the final one or with the branch manager?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

seema arondekar in Plano, Texas

77 months ago

what questions do they ask for teller interview in wells fargo?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TOMIKO THOMPSON-PARKER in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Thank you for giving me this chance to become a member.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ranjana in Oakland, California

76 months ago

I have been looking job for teller.So what are the interview questions? Actually my background is not in finance so I am confused... any advice

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California

75 months ago

angie in Los Angeles, California said: Ok so i applied with wells fargo as a PB the lady seemed to like me
but it has been a wk and I hve not recieved a call back.
Is this bad?

did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California

75 months ago

Moneybags in Crosslake, Minnesota said: Here is what I did. I asked a former employer give me a letter of recommendation to send to the hiring manager at the local branch that was hiring. I had a phone interview with a recruiter then I call 3 days later to follow up with the recruiter. I was told that the hiring manager will contact me very soon. Then I went in for an interview and blew it out of the water. You must be self motivated a team player and very very out going. I follow up with the hiring manager 3 more days after my in office interview. I then had a meeting with the district manager and now I will be staring on the 30th of April as a Personal Banker. Just FYI

how do you like it? I start June 2nd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.