How to get a job at Wells Fargo.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 86 of 86)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Yolale

74 months ago

Ok just go to a temp agency that is how most of the people I work with got a job at Wells. You temp for 90 days and then go full time if you did not miss any days of the 90 show up on time and do your job correctluy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California

74 months ago

what is your job there. I just got hired.

dwan_09@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I am going to be a phone banker in the call center in Sacramento, Ca. I've been trying to find someone in WF who has the job, just curious what they think of it. I guess I'll find out on Monday when I start. Do you like it there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Erwin Liang in Alhambra, California

74 months ago

Hi everyone,

I recently applied for WF's PB Trainee program. I'm set for an interview in 2 weeks, but then I received this letter a couple of days ago.

Dear Erwin,

Thank you for your interest in the Personal Banker Trainee position
(Requisition # 3205401 ) with Wells Fargo. We appreciate the time you've
taken to share your background and experience with us.

After careful consideration, we have selected a candidate whose
qualifications more closely match the requirements of this position.

We encourage you to explore other opportunities with Wells Fargo by
visiting our careers site at www.wellsfargo.com/careers. The
online profile you created has been stored. We welcome you back anytime to
search for jobs of interest to you. If you elected to have your profile
status "Searchable", we may contact you if your background fits our
ever-changing needs. So, please keep your information current.

We appreciate your interest in Wells Fargo and wish you success with
your career pursuits.

Sincerely,
Wells Fargo Recruitment

Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/D/V

Does anyone know what this is all about??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

gasgirl in Surprise, Arizona

74 months ago

dwan_09@yahoo.com of Rocklin, California....

how was the job? what was the application process? and can you give me some tips? i have a phone interview on Monday. nervous. tnx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California said: I am going to be a phone banker in the call center in Sacramento, Ca. I've been trying to find someone in WF who has the job, just curious what they think of it. I guess I'll find out on Monday when I start. Do you like it there?

how was the job? what was the application process? and can you give me some tips? i have a phone interview on Monday. nervous. tnx

74 months ago

have you ever worked in a call center?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yolale

74 months ago

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California said: have you ever worked in a call center?

Yes I currently work as a temp for wells fargo in a call center

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

what do you think about the job? Was it hard to learn? It seems like it might get a little stressful! I'm through my first week of training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California said: what do you think about the job? Was it hard to learn? It seems like it might get a little stressful! I'm through my first week of training.

hi dwan! i just had a phone and face to face interview with wells fargo also as a phone banker... the interview went well i think and i was even given an office tour by the interviewer... it was only me and there were no other applicant. before we parted she said that a recruiter who conducted the phone interview will contact me further... that was yesterday and haven't heard from them yet. is this how your screening went? will it really take some time before i could know the result? thank you. goodluck on your training!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I had a phone interview, then I had the face to face with one person. Then I took the customer
service test on the PC the same day . About a week later I got a call to arrange another phone interview with a manager. After that phone
interview, I would say about a week, I got the job offer over the
phone. Which city are you applying for?

Hi everyone! in Whittier, California

74 months ago

Erwin Liang in Alhambra, California said: Hi everyone,

I recently applied for WF's PB Trainee program. I'm set for an interview in 2 weeks, but then I received this letter a couple of days ago.

Dear Erwin,

Thank you for your interest in the Personal Banker Trainee position
(Requisition # 3205401 ) with Wells Fargo. We appreciate the time you've
taken to share your background and experience with us.

After careful consideration, we have selected a candidate whose
qualifications more closely match the requirements of this position.

We encourage you to explore other opportunities with Wells Fargo by
visiting our careers site at www.wellsfargo.com/careers. The
online profile you created has been stored. We welcome you back anytime to
search for jobs of interest to you. If you elected to have your profile
status "Searchable", we may contact you if your background fits our
ever-changing needs. So, please keep your information current.

We appreciate your interest in Wells Fargo and wish you success with
your career pursuits.

Sincerely,
Wells Fargo Recruitment

Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/D/V

Does anyone know what this is all about??

Hi there! this means that they went and hired someone else. and you should still
apply and see what other jobs they have available. Make your profile "searchable" so companies can look you up. Good Luck, im going in for 2 different interviews for 2 different positions

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California said: I had a phone interview, then I had the face to face with one person. Then I took the customer
service test on the PC the same day . About a week later I got a call to arrange another phone interview with a manager. After that phone

wow! that was a long process... we both applied for a phone banker position right? the one for their call center? I am applying for their center here in Phoenix, AZ. So employers do really call when they say huh? i just thought that the "we will call you" thing already means no. But anyway, i still have a long way to go... and i believe the training starts on june 23 so another doubt for me. I screwed up big time when i failed to ask for the interviewers business card ... i couldn't even send a thank you letter... thank you for your reply!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kristina Reyes in Riverside, California

72 months ago

hi

i just wanna know about the background check i mean how long does it take and what are they mainly looking for can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Oceans11 in Aliso Viejo, California

72 months ago

Background checks normally consist of checking the usual criminal records, DUI's, they'll verify the info on your resume/app to see how consistent the job titles & time were with their findings & lastly & most controversial is they'll check your credit.

If you have a few minor blips no problem but if you have some massive problems like BK, foreclosure, repo's they just may pass you by. They don't want anyone in a position that will have any direct connection on making credit decisions to have any sympanthy or empathy for a borrower with like credit.

Kristina Reyes in Riverside, California said: hi

i just wanna know about the background check i mean how long does it take and what are they mainly looking for can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!

s survivor in Oakland, California

60 months ago

I'm someone with a financial background and credentials; clean credit/background and will pass a drug test- I know WF won't give me the time of day. I'm personally not too hip on the banking industry in California but regardless...something is up.

I KNOW people with NO finance/banking history that get hired over more experienced candidates with stronger resumes. I never understood that.

EVERY company has a hiring secret. Ie. they only look for someone whose worked in a big company. Or they only look for someone who has a long term stable work history. If you don't have "that (certain thing)" on your resume gets tossed in the trash regardless of how good it looks. Wells Fargo has that secret and I think that's what the OP is looking for.

I wasn't impressed with their staff. As a professional, I lose respect for an institution with loud make up, sloppy dress&additude, big jewelry and tight fitting clothes worn by people who work in their HR department. I know, I once worked down the hall from the WF HR dept in San Francisco.

Hiring companies are jerks often when they don't mention exactly what they want. Why do we bother sending them a resume and a cover letter; it's a waste of time.

I think there's a chance that a suit can be filed against their hiring practices. Does it sound extreme? No. They can't ask for experience on the job ad, then discriminate against experience and there is ample proof that they are.

However it's funny that most of their recruits don't have a degree, experience in that industry, credentials... they're one of the very few banks that does not perform drug test.

We don't know if they're only recruiting their friends and tossing everyone else's resume in the garbage.

I'm only writing this to say that most of you who might have been qualified and good candidates that applied with this firm, there's a good chance that there's nothing wrong with you or your background.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ppmd in Auburn, California

60 months ago

Just be thankful you didn't get hired. I worked at WF for a very short time and it was an awful experience. Just like you say, it doesn't matter if you are qualified, as long as you can make the almighty dollar for them (i.e. sales for credit cards, loans, etc) your as good as gold.

Stormy reins

59 months ago

Question:::
I worked for wells fargo as a PB and had to leave now I'm in the interviewing process again and know I can get the job. Problem is I was just put on defferred ajudication for Mis B theft of grocies.... I pled no contest and I'm only on defered for 6 months so... you think I can still work there with this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

johnbc in San Diego, California

59 months ago

I applied online for the teller position. I did the phone interview, and on the third day I called to check the status of my application. The rep just ask me if my phone number and email is correct and i was told that if i get the job a recruiter will call me. On the same day I got an email saying there was no match between my backround and their needs. I reply to the email asking them to reconsider aha, i really want the job what can i say =).

Here is the copy of the letter:

Thank you for your interest in the Teller position position. We value the time you've taken to share your background and experience with us. The initial screening indicates there was not a match between your background and our needs.

You will be eligible to reapply for the Teller position position 6 months after your original screening date. Until then, we encourage you to explore other opportunities with Wells Fargo by visiting our careers site at www.wellsfargo.com/careers. The online profile you created has been stored. If you elected to have your profile status "Searchable," we may contact you if your background matches our ever-changing needs. So, please keep your information current.

Thank you again for your interest in Wells Fargo. We wish you success with your career pursuits.

Sincerely,

Wells Fargo Recruitment

johnbc in San Diego, California

58 months ago

Do they even read the emails sent to them if you reply?

Oceans11 in South OC, California

58 months ago

For WF don't even bother trying to apply directly through their website. They only hire through staffing agencies. Well, at least on the mortgage side that's the only way the hire. Tellers may be a little different. But no they don't look at replies either. Those "Thank you for applying" emails are normally auto generated & any reply would go to a junk email that no one checks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Art87 in Rochester, Minnesota

52 months ago

I am waiting on a background check, how long does it usually take? and if someone has a Not a drop underage drink and drive on their record will it affect them? I have been waiting 3 weeks to hear back on background. any help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Nocturno in San Francisco, California

37 months ago

Hi guys,

I know there has been probably a lots of discussion on this and I hope you don't mind me asking if already explained before.

I applied for Teller position with WF some ten days ago I would say.
I already had phone screening and I was scheduled for group interview for next Monday June 20th.

Would you guys please tell me what I should expect and what kind of questions they usually ask?

I am little bit nervous as I would really love this job.

Thank you all so much and have a wonderful weekend!

Dusan

Mel in Elk Grove, California

37 months ago

Nocturno in San Francisco, California said: Hi guys,

I know there has been probably a lots of discussion on this and I hope you don't mind me asking if already explained before.

I applied for Teller position with WF some ten days ago I would say.
I already had phone screening and I was scheduled for group interview for next Monday June 20th.

Would you guys please tell me what I should expect and what kind of questions they usually ask?

I am little bit nervous as I would really love this job.

Thank you all so much and have a wonderful weekend!

Dusan

They look for really outgoing happy people. You want to stand out. So you want to be remembered. Not annoying though. This is exactly what you want to do...See online what stores in your area are hiring for the position you want. Stop by the branch, ask for the Service Manager. Introduce yourself, smile and be professional. Let them know you applied online, you have a group interview coming up. You just wanted to let them know so they can keep you in mind. Sometimes the service managers actually stop by the group interview to check people out. so you want them to know you. Just be real and be you. Pay attention to questions and answer loud enough and clear. They look for eye contact as well. WF is big on customer service and WOWing customers. So you want to WOW them. They do not want to know personal things, age, marital status etc. They want your work history and customer service history. They want to see how you interact with people. Every group interview is a little different. Tske a few resumes too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

to tell the truth in Florida

35 months ago

What impact with this have on those who DON'T work for BofA and would like to work for WF?
www.forbes.com/sites/halahtouryalai/2011/08/19/struggling-bank-of-america-slashes-thousands-of-jobs/?partner=yahootix

ujwala in Cupertino,, California

30 months ago

Elaina in Vancouver, Washington said: Congratulations, I am still waiting to hear if I have the job or not.

Did you get the job? I have passed the interview with the HR but none of the managers have accepted my resume. Not sure if they are every going to give me an interview with a bank manager

Kathryn in Elk Grove, California

23 months ago

POPPY in Hayward, California said: i applied last year, and did phone interwiew , and they told me they gonna call me in 7 to 10 days, i did they told me there is no open position on my area , still have to wait, well in 8 months no body call so i called back there again and they told me they changed process and need to go face to face interwiew, we rescheduled, it was a group interwiew and i guess i did fine too, and they told the same 7 to 10 days they gonna call and no body call again and i did 1800 number still in process and they want me wait for 7-10 days again.. May be california office works different, but i am really jealous washington and other wellsfargo offices. I really wanna work this bank and wish they can give a response soon positive or negative.
First off, read, read and read again your post here. If you are in fact speaking the way you write you may not get hired. I don't know if you have to do any writing for this interview but if you do, you are in a world of hurt unless you get it together. I am not trying to be mean, just telling you like it is.

Tat in Las Vegas, Nevada

19 months ago

Eric Thompson in San Diego, California said: My name is Eric Thompson and i am looking for a position with wells fargo in the loan dept. i have been working finance and loans for appox 12years and am aware of wells fargos excellent
employee programs. i am just asking wells fargo to take a look at my resume or to give me a phone interview after that managers will know what is best for the position available for
there location.
thank you
and good luck to all those in the same position that i am in.

Eric Thompson

I think it would help if you had good grammar and wrote Wells Fargo instead of wells fargo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Glendale, California

13 months ago

Hi,

On Thursday I had a group interview for the Teller position, the interview went great, we were told to expect a call by Monday (yesterday) with the outcome...its tuesday night now and I haven't heard anything back..should i be worried?

Andie Monroe in Knox City, Texas

11 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Wells Fargo? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Yes indeed. Get your LinkedIn account as one of the highest ranking for real estate and mortgages in your area and you will have not only Wells but a million others beating a path to your door offering you LO jobs. Easy-peasy. Get them coming to YOU instead of the other way around. Also, get your score up on www.naymz.com since many HR people look at your score on here to assess your influence in social media. Simple as pie. Do those two things and make sure you have a stellar looking LinkedIn and you will have more offers than you know what to do with if you are a licensed LO since those who are licensed are few and far between to begin with.

amdavadione@yahoo.com in Marietta, Georgia

5 months ago

The Godfather in San Diego, California said: Your best chance at working with Well's is by already knowing someone there to refer you in. That's what I did and now my friend who reffered me in is my manager. I used to be in wholesale mortgage lending but obviously that fell through. I am an individual with financial smarts and extreme sales ability, yet I got this job with no high school diploma, and no college education whatsoever. I simply taught myself the business and proved myself to Well's. Now 7 months in, I've been promoted, and already given a raise, and now I'm on the brink of managing my own branch. It's all about who you know and how good you are. Well's has great expectations of their employees, so be prepared to work long and hard.

Impressive! I have a phone interview tomorrow for the teller position. Can you guide me as to what to expect during the interview? Do they ask about the race or ethnicity? Previously my application was declined even without being contacted at all. FYI, I am an American with South Asian origin. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California said: I had a phone interview, then I had the face to face with one person. Then I took the customer

Hi Dwan!
So, what did they ask you during the phone interview? I have one tomorrow for the teller position. Your response will be of great help.
Thanks

Kahs in Polska, Poland

5 months ago

Mykindergarten.co.uk - I think that you should visit this site.

5 months ago

ujwala in Cupertino,, California said: Did you get the job? I have passed the interview with the HR but none of the managers have accepted my resume. Not sure if they are every going to give me an interview with a bank manager

Hi Ujwala!
Did you get the job?

Enna in Conroe, Texas

14 days ago

Elaina in Vancouver, Washington said: You may want to apply on line wellsfargojobs.com. I did receive a 20 minute ph interview followed up by a personal interview the following business day. Give it a try it may work for you also.

Hi im enna i also did a phone screen interview with the recruiter... She told me to wait for the link that she's going to send to my email but until now she didnt send any, did they send you an email from
Them after the phone interview? Thank you

LynnK in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

8 days ago

Hi-
I applied with Wells Fargo about a month ago and had a phone interview within 3 days.
Not even 2 days later I was called by the branch manager to have a face to face interview.
That was 3 week and I still have yet to hear anything. The interview was great( I thought)
I have place a call and email to the hiring manager but no response.
Is this typical? Should I assume I didn't get the job?

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.