How long does the background check take?

Comments (19)

telemarketingscum in Salem, Oregon

31 months ago

Thank you, it was just as I feared, the unknown. I was honest about it on my background check, and the fingerprint guys said not to worry- its so small. Honesty is the best policy, I hope? I had enough money to buy one can, but not the other, and I made a poor decision, and that I have paid for it more dearly than anyone person could know. (I should have not eaten that night. Some Ethiopian kid is flipping me off, I'm sure.)
And Joe, ha ha very funny, but seriously cuffs are a surefire cure for kleptomania.

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

31 months ago

telemarketingscum in Salem, Oregon said: Thank you, it was just as I feared, the unknown. I was honest about it on my background check, and the fingerprint guys said not to worry- its so small. Honesty is the best policy, I hope? I had enough money to buy one can, but not the other, and I made a poor decision, and that I have paid for it more dearly than anyone person could know. (I should have not eaten that night. Some Ethiopian kid is flipping me off, I'm sure.)
And Joe, ha ha very funny, but seriously cuffs are a surefire cure for kleptomania.

You just gotta learn from this one. We have all made mistakes in life. But there is no deleting, just go forward and next time, you'll be twice as smart. You have to look out for you. You're probably a great worker. Don't let the nit-pickers get you down.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

31 months ago

It's funny, a lot of the people who write on Indeed are ok...what I mean is good everyday people.

We are no different than the people who have jobs. But yet the employed, HR included, treat us like we are so very different.

31 months ago

HR is paid to view you as an asset or liability. It would make sense that one would be soaped up, saddled, bit, and bridled to show off assets. It is really nothing personal, and honestly, my current posting is right up there with septic tank cleaners, just slightly below fry cook, and about as warmly received as Jehovah's witnesses knocking on the door during Charles Manson's birthday party. (I think I may have offended myself just now.) We are different. We are adaptable, and highly determined, we unemployed have many untapped skills to explore. We are the steady open hand of middle class america. Work hard, head down, like a fancy workhorse with assets, karma can't deny you forever. Yippie for the dreamers and doers of middle (present company below poverty line included aka me)income. I'VE HAD A LOT OF ROCKSTARS, and am feeling amped!!!!! Gonna go clean, and bake!

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

31 months ago

Remember..."Human Capital"....

“We have it in our power to begin the world over again.”
― Thomas Paine

31 months ago

Backround cleared. Thanks Joe and Believe it. Made time go by faster. :-)

swhmetta in austin, Texas

30 months ago

Here is my concern: I fully disclosed a deferred sentence for a felony larceny (Adj withheld) from 20 years ago. The recruiter has been great and very positive through the whole process. She encouraged me to drive 10 hours for a final interview, regardless of the disclosure. They loved me and offered a manager position contingent on a background check. Keep in mind, I have been a bank manager for over 8 years at various institutions. So now, I wait. I am concerned due to the SAFE Act. I wonder if they will hire me because I was upfront and honest with them? The only person that knows is the recruiter. She felt that it wasn't the hiring manager's business. I agree. It's an HR thing. It has been 2 days. Anybody have any similar circumstances with Adj Withheld and being upfront? I pray that I get the job. I have been quite successful as a bank manager in the past and have even won cruise trips back in the days when banks offered it for successful managers.

waitingsatx in San Antonio, Texas

27 months ago

ROCGOP in Rochester, New York said: Any update regarding your matter? I rec'vd my offer on 11/4/2011. Fingerprinted on 11/8/2011. It's now 12/5/2011 and my background hasn't come back yet. I'm so confused and frustrated.

did you get the job at wells fargo?

nottoworry in Springfield, Illinois

18 months ago

I am completely stressed out because I interviewed for a positon about 2 weeks ago and I am stressed about my background check. I got a DUI in 2007 and it was a misdeamenor, but I am not sure if it will stop me from getting hired as an office assistant. On the application when it asked if you were convicted with anything other than a minor traffic violation I answered no. I have worked in nursing prior and have never been denied employment form my background. I am confused as to what is going on and taking so long because I really need the job. FYI, I have always answered no this question can someone please give me some advice.

Bluetea in Texas

18 months ago

nottoworry in Springfield, Illinois said: I am completely stressed out because I interviewed for a positon about 2 weeks ago and I am stressed about my background check. I got a DUI in 2007 and it was a misdeamenor, but I am not sure if it will stop me from getting hired as an office assistant. On the application when it asked if you were convicted with anything other than a minor traffic violation I answered no. I have worked in nursing prior and have never been denied employment form my background. I am confused as to what is going on and taking so long because I really need the job. FYI, I have always answered no this question can someone please give me some advice.

It depends on the job and how extensive the BG will be. A BG check, if it is done by a 3rd party can take as long as a month. This is even if you got the job.

Misdemeanors usually don't show up but felony convictions will.

Companies don't care if "you really need the job". So unless, you have a written offer, keep applying for other jobs.

Dreezy11 in Front Royal, Virginia

15 months ago

gg in Galveston, Texas said: Really would appreciate some more info on the company "First Advantage"...specifically the types/content of pre-employment screening and background checks they use for new hires. Already been offered and negotiated, accepted a position. Was just emailed a release form from new employer for "First Advantage" to run reports. I would like to see what is there BEFORE I return signed release form. Anyone out there familiar with their reports or whom I can engage in running a personal report for me ASAP? I have never seen my background info and would like to be sure it is accurate and complete. Immediate help will be greatly appreciated!

I called first advantage for Wells Fargo and they said they only check for criminal

Mr Mr in Missouri, Missouri

15 months ago

Dont worry about it. I jst got one back from Wells like 2 days after I sent out my prints and I was fine. I have stuff in my past and have been fingerprinted before for an FA position from a different firm and I spoke to the principle and she said she didnt have anything sent back to her (which I new or I would have been employed their). just relax. If you have stolen or lied than apply somewhere else because your not going to gain employment.

dunnd40 in Sterling, Virginia

10 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: I always chuckle when you nuckleheads worry so much about the background checks.

I'm sorry but it's comical. I can actually see the sweat coming off your words.

I will say Banks bg checks are tougher than others.

I do wish you the best.

It's spelled "knuckleheads" you ....well, you know. Thanks for the chuckle, though.

HopefullyIPass in Napa, California

9 months ago

telemarketingscum in Salem, Oregon said: Respectfully, I am not a knucklehead, Joe, just a telemarketer who cannot support my family on minimum wage. I am not a newbie, still wet behind the ears. I just wanted to know if I was placing too large a bet on a dead horse.

I saw your comment and just wanted to wish you the best. Keep fighting and keep moving forward for yourself and your family!

Rlbxb2 in Denver, Colorado

7 months ago

I got an offer letter on October 1st, 2014 and did my fingerprints and background on October 3rd, 2014. It's October 15th now and I'm going crazy! I need this job belt. Does it taking so long mean it's good or bad?

7 months ago

Rlbxb2 in Denver, Colorado said: I got an offer letter on October 1st, 2014 and did my fingerprints and background on October 3rd, 2014. It's October 15th now and I'm going crazy! I need this job belt. Does it taking so long mean it's good or bad?

They have probably found something on you record. It needs to be verified. IF you were honest with them, you shouldn't have an issue. I once worked my way up through the banking ranks with no experience all the way to a District Manager making a solid 6 figure a year salary. I did it with a felony larceny arrest (not conviction) from 15 years prior, and a misdemeanor pot possession on my record. For 8 plus years, I never had an issue. I was a top performer and won many cruise trips. Granted, that was before the SAFE Act. Now, it's a bit more challenging.

girlmelondy in Stockton, California

7 months ago

RCris in Miami, Florida said: Hey is just a week after my interview, which went great the manager who interviewed me told me he was going to make a decision between candidates and contact them on Thursday (interview took place Tuesday) which he didn't do, however I did get a call from a Recruiter telling me that my interview was great, offering the position and advising me about the next step on the process, background and fingerprinting check, she did tell me a date to start training and never mentioned about the waiting time on my checks. Should I just wait for them to call me? Should I call them to let them know I completed my background application and fingerprinting? What if the date of the training approaches?
Thank you!

I did my background check 6 business days ago. My training classes start monday and today is friday. This ssucks, i cant quit my job and set up babysitting. Impatiently waiting. Going for phone banker position.

7 months ago

girlmelondy in Stockton, California said: I did my background check 6 business days ago. My training classes start monday and today is friday. This ssucks, i cant quit my job and set up babysitting. Impatiently waiting. Going for phone banker position.

Call them and find out what time you should show up. Assume your background went through. Otherwise, they will wonder why you are worried.

financegirl in Blenheim, South Carolina

2 months ago

Was offered a position with Wells did fingerprint and had to answer some questions about bad debt several years ago. Fingerprinted two weeks ago and all information submit to fitness team 1 week ago. The recruiter said she would call as soon as she got word, wondering does anyone know how long this can possible take.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.