questions about Changing Careers within the company....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

indeed forums in Florida

37 months ago

I am a PB 1 and relatively successful. I know I don't want to stay in the retail division of the bank but I'm looking to transfer to another division. I dont necessarily want to be a financial advisor either.

There are some fantastic job opportunities out there for RECENT college GRADS and current undergrads.. which i dont understand such as this listed below.

www.wellsfargo.com/downloads/pdf/careers/College_job_descriptions/WU_WFS_IBCM_Analyst.pdf

my question is. has anybody ever transitioned from a personal banking position to another position within the bank? I've emailed managers in teamworks, asked my direct manager and area manager, and ordered some books to study for personal knowledge on different topics from the corporate library. None of the aforementioned people have been able to provide me the slightest bit of help and my emails have gone unasnwered. Any input would greatly help!

thank you in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeepguy66 in Charlotte, North Carolina

5 months ago

indeed forums in Florida said: I am a PB 1 and relatively successful. I know I don't want to stay in the retail division of the bank but I'm looking to transfer to another division. I dont necessarily want to be a financial advisor either.

There are some fantastic job opportunities out there for RECENT college GRADS and current undergrads.. which i dont understand such as this listed below.

www.wellsfargo.com/downloads/pdf/careers/College_job_descriptions/WU_WFS_IBCM_Analyst.pdf

my question is. has anybody ever transitioned from a personal banking position to another position within the bank? I've emailed managers in teamworks, asked my direct manager and area manager, and ordered some books to study for personal knowledge on different topics from the corporate library . None of the aforementioned people have been able to provide me the slightest bit of help and my emails have gone unasnwered. Any input would greatly help!

thank you in advance!

I tried to transfer internally for a similar reason, and I was blocked by my manager's manager for "business necessity". I was told by my manager that it would be better to leave and post externally and I could always come back as I was well liked and did a great job. DO NOT fall for this if you are told the same. I have been trying to get back since I left, and I cannot even get interviewed for lower levels of the same position I held. Very discouraging!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.