Did I just fall for a scam?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

themilnator in North Pole, Alaska

40 months ago

I was looking at the alaska unemployment website for jobs. One job was pallet building, through westaff. It had me go to www.westaff.com in order to apply. On the app, it asked for my social security number. I gave it. Today, two days later, I got a phone call from someone claiming to be from Westaff. They tol me I'd been sent an email so I could do the second part of my application. Clicked the link in my email, which was from SUPPORT@INSIGHTWW.com. The link page it brought me to asked for my email and the passcode they gave me. Did that, it brought me to a page asking for my social and my name. That freaked me out, so I didn't do it. But the application I previously filled out did ask for my social, and I gave it. So...did I get scammed? Should I give thatpage my info? Should I not have given my info on that application?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dietrich in Madison, Mississippi

36 months ago

I've got the same thing applying for a help desk support job. The form says it's required, but I can't imagine why they would need this. The page isn't even encrypted for god's sake!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jberrie33 in Columbus, Georgia

33 months ago

Dietrich in Madison, Mississippi said: I've got the same thing applying for a help desk support job. The form says it's required, but I can't imagine why they would need this. The page isn't even encrypted for god's sake!

I dont doubt ANYTHING no matter how outrageous from Westaff. I understand and relate to your confusion, but if you want a real kick in the gut, my wife got one from them last week. She was actually pulling into the parking lot of the local Westaff and got a message on her phone to not bother to come for the interview. It seems the office manager had found out (from my wifes Facebook page) that she was pregnant... End of process, period. So much for the posted corporate non-discrimination notices huh???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.