Signed up, full of hope, whatta dope

Comments (5)

Jack in Ventura, California

99 months ago

I went in, signed up, passed all the tests with flying colors, was told I would be placed within a week. 8 months later, they won't return my calls.

GH in Stockton, California

99 months ago

Jack said: I went in, signed up, passed all the tests with flying colors, was told I would be placed within a week. 8 months later, they won't return my calls.

Typical! I can't tell you how many temp companies I signed up with only to be told the job I was applying for was already gone. And then you get the old "but wait we get those jobs all the time so keep calling in" BS!!!

job seeker in MN in Hopkins, Minnesota

99 months ago

Jack said: I went in, signed up, passed all the tests with flying colors, was told I would be placed within a week. 8 months later, they won't return my calls.

I have a sister working in management and she tells me she doesn't have time to review resumes she receives. She hires people who are recommended by others

ChiTown Chica

99 months ago

GH said:
Typical! I can't tell you how many temp companies I signed up with only to be told the job I was applying for was already gone. And then you get the old "but wait we get those jobs all the time so keep calling in" BS!!!
Typical "BAIT & SWITCH" schemes. If these were any other type of business,it would be called FRAUD/FALSE ADVERTISING.These co's should be regulated.They fill people with false hope & watse their time, gas, $$$, etc. Not to mention the trouble of "getting all dressed up w/ nowhere to go". I've found that applying DIRECTLY to the co for a job has gotten me more ph calls/interviews than any agency has.Big surpise there.....

ChiTown Chica

99 months ago

ChiTown Chica said: Typical "BAIT & SWITCH" schemes. If these were any other type of business,it would be called FRAUD/FALSE ADVERTISING.These co's should be regulated.They fill people with false hope & watse their time, gas, $$$, etc. Not to mention the trouble of "getting all dressed up w/ nowhere to go". I've found that applying DIRECTLY to the co for a job has gotten me more ph calls/interviews than any agency has.Big surpise there.....
ooops....forgive the typos.....

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.