Just curious to see who going out to state for training.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 149)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

MarialovesTexas in Oregon, Ohio

69 months ago

I was just curious to see who is going out of state for training or they did how did they enjoyed the training? Excited about joining the team as a field interviewer. Just trying to see what the time frame was for the training ect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

funny girl in Warrensburg, Missouri

68 months ago

What WESTAT project are you working on?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

silhouettes in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

62 months ago

MarialovesTexas in Oregon, Ohio said: I was just curious to see who is going out of state for training or they did how did they enjoyed the training? Excited about joining the team as a field interviewer. Just trying to see what the time frame was for the training ect.

Hi I'm interested in applying for the field interview position, I would like to know if you could give me some feedback regarding training and working on the field. Hows the company and the team members. Thank you.

62 months ago

What project will you be working on? I have worked for Westat for about 8 years and I love it. I have had excellent field supervisors and great team members. I always love it when we have a training. There is a great deal of camaraderie among the team members. It is fun to meet everyone and find out where they are from, etc. You will love it...I hope!!! What project did you say you are working on?

62 months ago

I enjoy it so much working for Westat! It is flexable my FS is to the pointe and never curt. Training well when I did it I was in CA for 8 days we trained for 8 hours each day it was intense they provided the room and breakfast and we did get our per diem so it was great! Where you headed for training do you know yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

I enjoy it so much working for Westat! It is flexable my FS is to the pointe and never curt. Training well when I did it I was in CA for 8 days we trained for 8 hours each day it was intense they provided the room and breakfast and we did get our per diem so it was great! Where you headed for training do you know yet?

I am in the Toledo Region! Woohoo team

62 months ago

I just started Jan 30th 2009 love it love it love it!

62 months ago

Well you make your own hours but you need to work a min 20hours nite weekend when work is available. FS are infomrtive and easy to talk to. Training well pay attention and you will go far! I like dealing with the public so this is a good job for someone that likes the public and can work indepedantly!

62 months ago

Thanks for all your responses I really appreciate it. I'm just in the application process, and wanted some information regarding the position, and whats like working for Westat. If you guys dont mind i have a couple of more questions regarding the position.

MarialovesTexas u state that theres a min of 20 hours nites and weekends when work is available. My question in regards to this statement is. I was in the impresion that the position was a fulltime position! Is theres times when I'm going to be without work which mean no paychecks? They have not explain any of theae yet to me.

thank you in advance for your answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Usually that is the way it is....unless you have some paid position that is salary or something. With my current job I have 3 rounds of work and usually the last week or two of each round I have little or no work...so you have to budget for this....Have a great day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

I have about 1 or 2weeks of no work sometimes but during that break I get to spend time with my family. What position are you applying for there are some field interviewers positions that are full time but you may have to travel about 48 weeks or so.The project I am on is called Medical Expenditure Panel Survey household component.

62 months ago

MarialovesTexas in Oregon, Ohio said: I have about 1 or 2weeks of no work sometimes but during that break I get to spend time with my family. What position are you applying for there are some field interviewers positions that are full time but you may have to travel about 48 weeks or so.The project I am on is called Medical Expenditure Panel Survey household component.

Yeah I'm applying for the full time position. Thanks for all your answers they have help me a lot.

solongago in Lyman, South Carolina

61 months ago

" MarialovesTexas" says she's working for Westat in Toledo? Did they reopen in Toledo? I was there when the Toledo office was closed, supposedly permanently, in 2000. Supposedly, I was destined to become a supervisor, then had the rug pulled out from under me. Any of the old crowd back from a decade ago?

61 months ago

solongago in Lyman, South Carolina said: " MarialovesTexas" says she's working for Westat in Toledo? Did they reopen in Toledo? I was there when the Toledo office was closed, supposedly permanently, in 2000. Supposedly, I was destined to become a supervisor, then had the rug pulled out from under me. Any of the old crowd back from a decade ago?

Hi I really don't know who was working here in 2000 I just started in 2009 so I am a newbie. What are you doing now? I love working for Westat. Well thanks

solongago in Lyman, South Carolina

61 months ago

So it has reopened in Toledo? When I worked there, they were on Southwyck Blvd., across from the nearly dead mall. They were subletting from, I think Maritz Market Research.

I rather enjoyed Westat, showed up more regularly than most of the people there, and got several special projects thrown my way. One of them I was the only one working on, and it was such a small project that it was all done on paper -- no computer. I recall the big surveys were the one for the military calling people 16 to 24 or thereabouts, and one for HHS calling retirees.

I don't see any mention on the Westat website that they've restarted the Toledo call center. Their site says:

"To be eligible to work as a telephone data collector at one of our Telephone Research Centers, you must live near one of our five centers located in the following cities:

* Rockville, MD
* Frederick, MD
* Sarasota, FL
* Sacramento, CA
* Merced, CA"

No Toledo there. But if Westat has indeed reopened in Toledo, and if they are paying enough to survive, I just may head back up that way. Anything's better than upstate Carolina.

Steve..
Reply to solongago@vfemail.net

Working in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Just accepted a MEPS interviewer postion, wondering if any of you are still working for Westat? Hope if you are that you are still happy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Yes I still work for Westat I love it the Company! Love the job I do as as an Interviewer and I believe in what we are doing here! Have fun at training! I know you will enjoy it take notes and just follow as it goes alongs! Good luck and welcome!

Data Collector in Citrus Heights, California

43 months ago

I just applied for a data collector position in Ca. I have tons of questions!
Where is training usually held- they said "out of town" in the job description.
What is the pay? What is the Wiki people are referring to in the forums?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Irene in Granite Bay, California

42 months ago

Data Collector in Citrus Heights, California said: I just applied for a data collector position in Ca. I have tons of questions!
Where is training usually held- they said "out of town" in the job description.
What is the pay? What is the Wiki people are referring to in the forums?

Hi Data Collector in Citrus Heights. Did you get the job from Westat? I applied for a job back in 2009, and out of the blue they called me three days ago asking if I was interested in a job as a field intervier. I had two phone interviews within 24 hours and they hired me.. Said training is in LA. Are you going? Did you have the same experience as me??? I feel so blessed and surprised... I never even applied for this job...

Data Collector in Citrus Heights, California

42 months ago

No, I never heard from them. I have since found a better job (I think) I start in 2 weeks. If they call me in 2 years, I will be surprised. I don't know what to make of things right now. I have been unemployed almost a year and suddenly the resume I am sending out is getting responses. Lots of them. It's the very same resume, maybe the economy is improving.

Irene, in Granite Bay, California

42 months ago

Hi, I just accepted a job with Westat and I was hoping you could answer some questions for me...

1) I have to attend training in LA in May. What was your training like? What hotel did you stay at?

2) Do you enjoy working for Westat?

3) After you were told you were hired, what happened after that. They informed me that they are sending a packet for me to fill out.

Any information you could provide would be wonderful!!

Thanks Again, Irene

42 months ago

Irene, in Granite Bay, California said: Hi, I just accepted a job with Westat and I was hoping you could answer some questions for me...

1) I have to attend training in LA in May. What was your training like? What hotel did you stay at?

2) Do you enjoy working for Westat?

3) After you were told you were hired, what happened after that. They informed me that they are sending a packet for me to fill out.

Any information you could provide would be wonderful!!

Thanks Again, Irene

I stayed in Sheraton in La 2009!~
I love working for WestAT it is awsome!
The packet is for payroll and for your id badge.
Good luck have fun take good notes and smile!
Welcome aboard
Maria
piernas419@aol.com

Working in San Jose, California

42 months ago

What job did you get?

I started in January, my training was at the LAX Marriott. Training was all day 8-5. They provided bfast and lunch and you were on your own for dinner. Lots of stuff nearby and shuttle service if you wanted to go out. They made the training very interactive, I thought it was really good.

I like the job I do for the most part. It is a great part time job, set your own hours and all.

Good Luck!

42 months ago

I was hired for the NHATS position. Training starts in April and May. I am really looking forward to training :-)

42 months ago

Irene in Granite Bay, California said: Hi Data Collector in Citrus Heights. Did you get the job from Westat? I applied for a job back in 2009, and out of the blue they called me three days ago asking if I was interested in a job as a field intervier. I had two phone interviews within 24 hours and they hired me.. Said training is in LA. Are you going? Did you have the same experience as me??? I feel so blessed and surprised... I never even applied for this job...

What project will you be working on? I will be at the NHATs training. Is that the project?....actuallly I see that it is...I worked on the pilot part of this and it was awesome. Are they having two training sessions? I was not sure. I think I go May2-7 but I also work for the MCBS Medicare survey so that training is a few days before the NHATs for me.... Hope you enjoy it....I really do...

42 months ago

Hello....

What project are you training for? When are your dates of training?

42 months ago

I am training for NHATS. There is yep training sessions. I will be attending the May 2-7 session.

Etta in Chatsworth, Georgia

39 months ago

Hello , I just accepted a job with Westat as a Field Interviewer. The training starts in mid August and will be in California. They will be sending me a packet next week. I am aware the project is temporary but was wondering if there are other projects the company considers you for when a project finish ? Thank you in advance for your time.

paula in Matthews, North Carolina

38 months ago

Etta in Chatsworth, Georgia said: Hello , I just accepted a job with Westat as a Field Interviewer. The training starts in mid August and will be in California. They will be sending me a packet next week. I am aware the project is temporary but was wondering if there are other projects the company considers you for when a project finish ? Thank you in advance for your time.

Hi Etta,
I am from Charlotte, NC and will also be in California Aug 17. Maybe we can meet up!
paula@somallc.com

Etta in Chatsworth, Georgia

38 months ago

paula in Matthews, North Carolina said: Hi Etta,
I am from Charlotte, NC and will also be in California Aug 17. Maybe we can meet up!
paula@somallc.com

I hope so ! That would be great Paula !!

Cindy Lou in Northport, Alabama

21 months ago

Going to MD for training on the NAHS January 8-12-13. New to company, excited. Anyone else going out of state for training?

JH in Lincoln, Nebraska

21 months ago

I am headed for training on MEPS next month. Is each training session for a different survey? In the evenings are we able to get out and stretch our legs? I am looking forward to this survey and the training

Previous Westat Worker in San Jose, California

21 months ago

When I did the training a few years ago it was from about 8am-5pm. Your nights are free to do what you want! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gee in Smyrna, Georgia

20 months ago

I am going to training for the NAHS in MD 01/08/13 also.

Cindy Lou in Northport, Alabama

20 months ago

Gee in Smyrna, Georgia said: I am going to training for the NAHS in MD 01/08/13 also.

Excited, I believe I have all the info if you want to send me am email, we can swap info so we are both better prepared. Have you got your lap top yet? Mine is due to be delivered on the 31 st. cindyapperson72@gmail.com

Gee in Smyrna, Georgia

20 months ago

That sounds great. My email is pghol@bellsouth.net. I received a calendar/journal on yesterday. My laptop is scheduled for the 31st also.

Dr. Tikki in Glassboro, New Jersey

20 months ago

JH in Lincoln, Nebraska said: I am headed for training on MEPS next month. Is each training session for a different survey? In the evenings are we able to get out and stretch our legs? I am looking forward to this survey and the training

Hi I am going to LA California for training on MEPS. Is this where you are going?

jh in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

20 months ago

Dr. Tikki in Glassboro, New Jersey said: Hi I am going to LA California for training on MEPS. Is this where you are going?

Yes, that is where I'm headed.

cloz14 in Gladewater, Texas

16 months ago

Just accepted a Job as an Interviewer for Westat and will start in August with my first training course. does anyone know where the training course will be in August 2013 and Sept 2013?

sbx in Kew Gardens, New York

15 months ago

cloz14 in Gladewater, Texas said: Just accepted a Job as an Interviewer for Westat and will start in August with my first training course. does anyone know where the training course will be in August 2013 and Sept 2013?

I was just accepted for the same position. I was wondering the same thing, about where the training will take place. Hopefully we will receive an answer soon.

larutan in Zachary, Louisiana

15 months ago

I was accepted for a field interviewer and begin training in July; in albuquerque new mexico and again in Sept in Newport Calofornia. I am looking forward to it.

Jman86 in Brentwood, New York

14 months ago

Hey guys, I have an interview coming up this week, Does anyone know the rate of pay?

larutan in Louisiana

14 months ago

Jman86 in Brentwood, New York said: Hey guys, I have an interview coming up this week, Does anyone know the rate of pay?

It varies depending on the part of the country you are in, but you receive milage reimberstment at .566
per mile.

sbx in Jamaica, New York

14 months ago

$12 or $13 an hour, a little less depending on experience

Cloz1406 in Longview, Texas

14 months ago

Jman86 in Brentwood, New York said: Hey guys, I have an interview coming up this week, Does anyone know the rate of pay?

In our area it's closer to 10.50-11.00

slimgoody in Lake Mary, Florida

14 months ago

cloz14 in Gladewater, Texas said: Just accepted a Job as an Interviewer for Westat and will start in August with my first training course. does anyone know where the training course will be in August 2013 and Sept 2013?

I just got a email saying my training is in in and my online training begans in

Phoenix-Bound

14 months ago

Hi all: Just got an email RE:NSHB PATH Training in Phoenix AZ in September 2013; anyone know the actual training site location yet? Thank You in advance for any help :0)

slimgoody in Lake Mary, Florida

14 months ago

Phoenix-Bound said: Hi all: Just got an email RE:NSHB PATH Training in Phoenix AZ in September 2013; anyone know the actual training site location yet? Thank You in advance for any help :0)

Hi! Yea I got an email as well telling me training dates on sept 11...if you find out the training spot please let me know..TY

GGK in Cortlandt Manor, New York

14 months ago

I just firmed up with travel office for training in Phoenix. No location, just hotel. :)

Jackie P in Orlando, Florida

13 months ago

slimgoody in Lake Mary, Florida said: Hi! Yea I got an email as well telling me training dates on sept 11...if you find out the training spot please let me know..TY

I bet we are on the same team! I'm going to that training from Orlando, FL. I'm excited about it for sure. Just wish it was someplace cooler :-) see ya in Phoenix on 9/11. Jackie P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.