Westat Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Westat?

What do you like best about working at Westat? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

TESHA in Grovetown, Georgia

93 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Westat?

What do you like best about working at Westat? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

8.25HR FOR INTERVIEWER POSITIONS AND EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS YOU GET AN EXTRA 2 DOLLARS AN HR.THEY ALSO HAVE A BONUS PROGRAM FOR THE COMPANY DOING WELL IN DECEMBER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Washington, District of Columbia

91 months ago

I use to work for Westat at the headquarters in Rockville, MD. I hated it. I earned $11.25 at first and I earned a 0.25 raise after three months. My job description was research assistant. I was a software tester for the medical expenditure panel survey. Each day I would enter data into the laptops and report errors to the supervisor. It was boring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

riya in Chicago, Illinois

88 months ago

Ann in Washington, District of Columbia said: I use to work for Westat at the headquarters in Rockville, MD. I hated it. I earned $11.25 at first and I earned a 0.25 raise after three months. My job description was research assistant. I was a software tester for the medical expenditure panel survey. Each day I would enter data into the laptops and report errors to the supervisor. It was boring.

Hi- I see that you did not like working at Westat specially your position, But can you tell me more about the people, work culture etc. Do you feel people are over worked there. How are people in general at Rockville location? I might be getting an offer from them, so any comments will be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hannah

83 months ago

$8.25 an hour to start, then a raise to $8.65 but if you only speak English you wont get benefits, you wont get raises and bilingual persons will make $2-$4 an hour more than a person who speaks only English does whether they start the same day as you or 4 years after you do. If you speak Spanish, Hmong, Chinese you will have more hours, get paid more hourly,and qualify for benefits. People are nice to work with but no raises no benefits,even though they tell you there are benefits you are kept just under the hours and pay rate to qualify for them. no Christmas bonuses,or any other kind of bonus. There are "incentives" or "extra hours" ocassionally. You will always be a part time employee so no raise. You will not work 40 hours a week in CA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

KJ in Washington, District of Columbia

58 months ago

I thinking about applying for the Legal Compliance Specialist position at headquarters. I was just wondering what the environment was like as well as the salary range and benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Santa Ana, California

21 months ago

Hannah said: $8.25 an hour to start, then a raise to $8.65 but if you only speak English you wont get benefits, you wont get raises and bilingual persons will make $2-$4 an hour more than a person who speaks only English does whether they start the same day as you or 4 years after you do. If you speak Spanish, Hmong, Chinese you will have more hours, get paid more hourly,and qualify for benefits. People are nice to work with but no raises no benefits,even though they tell you there are benefits you are kept just under the hours and pay rate to qualify for them. no Christmas bonuses,or any other kind of bonus. There are "incentives" or "extra hours" ocassionally. You will always be a part time employee so no raise. You will not work 40 hours a week in CA

Hello, you said that "You will not get 40 hours a week in CA." What is to be expected then? I just got hired on in the Southern CA area and am trying to determine how much I can expect to work and bring in a week. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.