Westat

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 445)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

76 months ago

I have just been hired by Westat I am in the process now of returning all of my paperwork should be completed tomorrow. Was wondering who else out there works from home for them and how they like it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I finished my preliminary training on their system ect. I begin the training for the project that I will be working on 7/12/08. Anxious to get started. They are good for their word I was paid for the ten hours of training I completed. So ........ so far so good. Good luck to u!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hi Kathy
I am Vicki and yes live down here in southeastern Florida. I did live in Ohio all of my life but relocated here last year with my daughter and her two girls. My son, daughter inlaw, and my other two grandchildren had been living here for three years. My daughter is a single parent and cant really afford day care so I am the babysitter during the day and work at night. Havent met anyone really just my mentors that I communicated with during training. Their hours are very flexible and I requested the "night shift" due to being busy during the day with a 2yr old and 6hr old. The reason for my handle gramsworkhome lol A horse hugh? My grandaughter 18 yrs old would love that she loves them. When I was young I had a quarter horse. Won a few ribbons with barrel cutting but that was another lifetime ago. Yes we can stay in touch. Dont want to add my email to a public forum however. I belong to another forum where u can send private emails. Think u would enjoy it try it my username is the same on there. www.wahm.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

catlover in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida said: I finished my preliminary training on their system ect. I begin the training for the project that I will be working on 7/12/08. Anxious to get started. They are good for their word I was paid for the ten hours of training I completed. So ........ so far so good. Good luck to u!

Do you know if we are required to pay long distance charges if we go to work for Westat?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Thanks. I have done everything except get my I-9 notarized and I plan to do that tomorrow and send it in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

catlover in Houston, Texas said: Thanks. I have done everything except get my I-9 notarized and I plan to do that tomorrow and send it in.

Well good luck to you. I start my tutorial and project training 7/10/08. I will be glad to get all of the training over with and start the job. I had ten hours training on the system and now facing around 20 more. I will need to go back into the training modules on the system it was so long ago that I need to brush back up on some of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cambop in Freeland, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Just finished voice audition. How long does it normally take to hear from them? What other procedures do you have to go through? Thanks for the info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

They contacted me by email the next day for a phone interview. Then two days later I received my preboarding email. This is where you are invited to their website to fill out all of your paperwork and printout some to be signed by you and sent back. The I9 form has to be notorized before send back. You also send a copy of your drivers license and ss. After they receive paperwork the training on their system begins.

candices

75 months ago

Hi. My name is Candice and I also recently applied to Westat for the at home data collector position. I have completed the first 10 hours of training and already got paid. I will be doing another 20 hours of training again this weekend and then I should be able to start working. Does anyone know what the hours are like? Are they pretty much flexible? I have a 3 1/2 mo. old daughter, and I need to work st night.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I am going through the process right now. How long did everything take you from the time of your phone interview?

75 months ago

It depends alot on the Project that you will be going on. The project that I am working have hours available 10am till midnight. Good Luck! Congrats!

75 months ago

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida said: Well good luck to you. I start my tutorial and project training 7/10/08. I will be glad to get all of the training over with and start the job. I had ten hours training on the system and now facing around 20 more. I will need to go back into the training modules on the system it was so long ago that I need to brush back up on some of it.

I faxed my I-9, social sec. and dl last Wednesday. They emailed me and asked me to refax my social. Their fax machine was not working for a while and I emailed them to let them know. They did not respond to that email. 2 or 3 hours later I finally got the fax to go through. Again I emailed them asking if the copy was acceptable. No response. I emailed them again last night and they read my email this morning. They still have not responded. 3 emails in a week and no response. Needless to say I am disappointed. I definitely had reservations about sharing my dl and soc. sec. with a company by fax and mail and a company out of state.

75 months ago

That is surprising for me. I also faxed my info and they emailed me to tell me that my dl did not come out on the fax. So I asked if I could scan it and email as attch. They said no problem and let me know they received it. They may be having some technical issues? Dont know. Hang in there I think you will hear from them.

candices

75 months ago

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida said: That is surprising for me. I also faxed my info and they emailed me to tell me that my dl did not come out on the fax. So I asked if I could scan it and email as attch. They said no problem and let me know they received it. They may be having some technical issues? Dont know. Hang in there I think you will hear from them.

Hi. I was just wondering how the job is working out for you. Do you like it so far? How many hours are you getting and were you able to start working immediately after your training was completed?

75 months ago

I just completed my project training and received my "go live" email yesterday. I wanted to go over some more role playing before I actually phoned anyone. Forever the customer service person! lol I did that last night for approx 3 hours. Tonight I will "go live". I do not know yet exactly what hours I will be working. The hours they gave me was 4p - 10p EDT, Saturday 10a - 9p EDT and Sunday 2p – 12a EDT.for the remainder of the week. I think I will like it alot. I really am interested in the project that I will be working on. Good Luck need any help for yell!

Docker in Skokie, Illinois

75 months ago

Good luck. I work in MR and from what I've heard Westat is a good company. I work from home and didn't think I would get used to it, but now I like it. Sometimes I think I actually feel more driven than if I were in an office. I also like the fact that I can really concentrate when working on SPSS to analyze data, or when I'm working on Powerpoint to prepare a report or presentation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

candices

75 months ago

That is great! I am curious to hear how your first day of "going live" went. I start my 20 hours of training tomorrow (thurs.) and will finish it up Monday night. I am hoping that they will be flexible with the hours, because my husband works out of state during the week, and it's just me and the baby. So, i am limited to when I can work. Good Luck and let me know how you made out!

75 months ago

Went live tonight. LOVE IT! The people are soooooo nice and the time goes by so quickly. As for the scheduling dont know much yet about that. I did speak with my mentor this evening though and she says they really need people working nights and weekends. You do have to schedule at least a 3 hr shift. Good luck to ya I will keep in touch. Congrats on the babe! Love Babes! This should work out for you working thro the week at night when the hubby isnt there.

candices

75 months ago

I am so glad that you are enjoying the job...that makes me feel better about starting! The fact that time goes by quickly is also a plus. I am just glad that this is a "legit" job. I had a good job that I just quit due to the fact that I couldn't bear to leave my daughter in daycare everyday. Minus gas ($125 per week) and daycare ($100) per week, I will actually make more doing this and being at home! I start my self-paced tutorials today! Keep me posted on how things are going for you. Take Care!

75 months ago

I will be praying for ya! That's why I am working nights so my grandgirls dont have to go to daycare! Not to mention the fact that my daughter couldnt afford it anyway. She is a single mom with NO help from their father. Wherever he may be? I know u do save working from home as u said plus the money for lunch? clothes expense? (work in your pjs) and the stress of the road!! Good luck again!

catlover in houston in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida said: Went live tonight. LOVE IT! The people are soooooo nice and the time goes by so quickly. As for the scheduling dont know much yet about that. I did speak with my mentor this evening though and she says they really need people working nights and weekends. You do have to schedule at least a 3 hr shift. Good luck to ya I will keep in touch. Congrats on the babe! Love Babes! This should work out for you working thro the week at night when the hubby isnt there.

How is it going? How many hours per week are you getting? Do you still like it?

maconu in Kansas City, Missouri

74 months ago

Hi,
I just filled out the application tonight for westat. Can you tell me if you are an independent contractor or an employee?

candices

74 months ago

Hi. My name is Candice and I am an employee of Westat. I don't believe they hire independent contractors. I started actually working about two weeks ago and I am really enjoying the job so far. Let me know if you have any other questions that I might be able to help you out with. Good Luck!

74 months ago

candices said: Hi. My name is Candice and I am an employee of Westat. I don't believe they hire independent contractors. I started actually working about two weeks ago and I am really enjoying the job so far. Let me know if you have any other questions that I might be able to help you out with. Good Luck!

Hi Candice. I am new to Westat. Couple of questions. I finished all my self paced training, passed the acp test. I now have registered for my web training and role play. Can you give me some idea of how this is? Don't quite understand the web training. Thanks in advance.

candices

74 months ago

Hi. From the time I did my voice test to the time I actually started working on my own took about a month. They will notify you by email regarding your voice audition, then they will call and interview you, then you will fill out employee paperwork (you have to get one of the papers notarized), then finally, you will begin your training. The training takes about 30 hours total. The first 15 hours are self-paced, so you can do them on your own time. The second 15 hours are classes you must attend. You will choose the training hours from a list of when the classes are being conducted. They should have one to fit your schedule. I did most of my training on the weekend when my husband was home to watch the baby. Any other questions, let me know. Good Luck!

candices

74 months ago

cambop in Freeland, Pennsylvania said: Hi Candice. I am new to Westat. Couple of questions. I finished all my self paced training, passed the acp test. I now have registered for my web training and role play. Can you give me some idea of how this is? Don't quite understand the web training. Thanks in advance.

Hi again. During the web training, you will learn how to move through the surveying screens on the computer. You will be on the phone with the class and watching your computer screen at the same time. You will then do role-play - you will be paired up with another person in the class, and you will practice reading the scripts together.

74 months ago

Thanks so much for the info. When I first signed up with Westat I did not have a full time job, but I just accepted a full time job yesterday. So, I was concerned about the training at Westat. I am REALLY looking forward to making some extra money working nights and weekends. I did my voice audition last night (08/07/08), so I will keep an eye out for the email from them.

Rachael D in Tallahassee, Florida

74 months ago

How long does it take for Westat to contact you once you have submitted your resume?

74 months ago

Rachael D in Tallahassee, Florida said: How long does it take for Westat to contact you once you have submitted your resume?

I was contacted in about five days once I submitted an application for a voice audition.

Massiel Brown in Wallington, New Jersey

74 months ago

Hello... i am also a new employee at Westat.. and i am training for my first study on 8.21.2008.. I cant wait... i just have one question.. when the pick u for a study how does picking the hours work... You pick your own hours, they assign the hours? how is that?

By the way all your messages have been very helpful.. i am a single mom of two who works full time during the day.. trying to make a little extra money... and i am soo exited about this job....

Massiel Brown in Wallington, New Jersey

74 months ago

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

candices

74 months ago

Hi. It just depends on the study you are working on. The one I am on I have the option of working anytime M-F from 4-10 pm and anytime on the weekends. As of 9/1 they will also be adding 9pm - 12am. You have to at least work a 3-hour shift. What they really want you to do is develop a permanent schedule. Once you "go live" you will be able to submit a schedule with the hours you want.

74 months ago

Hi Westat employees! Havent been on here for awhile only one little blurp yesterday. Been away for a week visiting my mother in Ohio. Still going strong on Westat and they scheduled me the hours that I requested before I left. I will start them tonight. So far still loving it! I also especially like the project I am working on. It is interesting and nothing like the usual telemarketing calls. Good luck to all and keep at it.

jperham in Goodyear, Arizona

74 months ago

Hi. I just finished my voice recording a few minutes ago and then found this forum - awesome!!
You are all so sweet and helpful.

I do have a couple of questions. Is the training difficult? Also, how flexible are they? I read about the 3 hours shifts. Can you take a week vacation or can you work less than 15 hours/week?

Thanks again!

Rachael D in Tallahassee, Florida

74 months ago

Did you apply for the Data Entry Position if not which position did you have apply for? When you applied with Westat how long did it take for them to contact you for the voice interview?

candices in Hadley, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

Hi. I applied for the at-home telephone data collector position. It took only a day or two before they contacted me by email for the voice audition.

74 months ago

jperham in Goodyear, Arizona said: Hi. I just finished my voice recording a few minutes ago and then found this forum - awesome!!
You are all so sweet and helpful.

I do have a couple of questions. Is the training difficult? Also, how flexible are they? I read about the 3 hours shifts. Can you take a week vacation or can you work less than 15 hours/week?

Thanks again!

Hi. In my opinion, the training was pretty simple. As long as you know your way around the computer, you should be fine. The hours are flexible and you get to create your own schedule, pretty much. I am going on vacation this weekend and will be gone for 7 days. They did not have a problem with that. I just submitted a temporary schedule change for the time I will be gone. I think they want you to work at least 15 hours per week, but if you have something planned, I think they would be lenient (sp?). Just so you don't make a habit of it! Good Luck!

kbemom2000 in Baldwin City, Kansas

74 months ago

I just saw an ad for this company and was wondering if it was cold calling or are people notified that they will be contacted for a survey. I want to get my ducks in a row before applying. Thanks for all the responses, they have helped.

74 months ago

Thank you so much for your answers - they are very helpful! I was hoping to only have to do around 10 hours a week right now.
Could someone also tell me if I get hired will I be working as an independent contractor and have a 1099 or as an employee with taxes taken out? If it is as an independent, does that mean I automatically have to take 15% out for self-employed?

SamanthaR in Finlayson, Minnesota

74 months ago

I work for Westat and I really like it. But out of the blue I get a call telling me I am being moved to a new study and that training starts soon but not sure at all when. I hope it is not to long because I bought a car thinking I had work to go to. Has this ever happened to anyone and how long did you wait between studies?

74 months ago

Hi. This has never happened to me, although I have only worked for Westat for about a month now. I am curious as to why you bought a car. I work at home from my own computer.

Rachel P in Elk Creek, Virginia

74 months ago

Hi, Just applied and did the phone interview. Went well though not sure how much work I will get being stuck on dial-up. Any Clues? It sounds like a great opportunity.

Thanks for the input

SamanthaR in Finlayson, Minnesota

74 months ago

candices in Hadley, Pennsylvania said: Hi. This has never happened to me, although I have only worked for Westat for about a month now. I am curious as to why you bought a car. I work at home from my own computer.

I work at home also. I should have said that I thought I had steady work so I bought a fuel efficient car that I now have a payment for and I would not have done that if I had known that I was not going to be working for a while. Hopefully it won't be for long.

Rachel P in Elk Creek, Virginia

74 months ago

Hi Candice, you seem pretty Happy with your new venture:) Could u answer me a couple of questions? I live in a rural area where DSL or Cable is not a reality and am on dependable Dial-up. After I applied they sent me the Voice Sample yesterday(which I did). They know I'm on dial-up..Do You think I'll get in? Also does anyone know if this company offers benifits to the At-Home Data Collectors? Also can u work as many hours as u want like 40? Thanks for all the help! Seems like everyone has some great input.

slewi983 in Warner Robins, Georgia

74 months ago

I just finished the interview last night. I awaiting to hear about training. I do have a question if anyone knows if you get paid weekly or biweekly?

74 months ago

Hi Everyone!
I just received my email stating that they would call me for a phone interview! I am excited, yet apprehensive.

Quick question about time zones. AZ doesn't change times ever, so 1/2 the year we are PST and 1/2 we are MST. What are the earliest and latest hours we are able to call? I kept thinking I could work 9-12 PM when everyone was in bed, but with the time change I'm thinking I'd have to work very early in the morning to no interfere with the rest of my family??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Appraise in Meridian, Idaho

74 months ago

opportunity

74 months ago

Hi Rachel. I'm not really sure about the dial-up question. Since they contacted you for the voice audition, I don't think that it will be a problem. They do not offer benefits for the at home data collector position. You have to work at least a 3 hour shift and you can work no more than 40 hours per week. Good Luck and if you have any more questions, I will try my best to answer them!

74 months ago

slewi983 in Warner Robins, Georgia said: I just finished the interview last night. I awaiting to hear about training. I do have a question if anyone knows if you get paid weekly or biweekly?

Hi. Westat pays weekly. They will also pay you for your training! Good Luck to you!

74 months ago

Hi all. How long does it take to be contacted after a voice audition? Does anyone know if they will contact you and let you know if you DIDN"T get the job?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.