Westat

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 445)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Thorn Akerue in Oklahoma

71 months ago

I am so excited to find this forum. All this info is awesome! I got the call today and should be getting the email for training soon. Whoo hooo!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kamanthaleighmom in Niota, Tennessee

71 months ago

Can anyone tell me how to access your trainings. I received my trainings but have not been able to get to them. It says they are in my Learning Management System "to do" list, but I haven't received any info on my "Learning Management System" I have e-mailed the LMS help desk and they just told me they resent info, but I haven't received anything. I am feeling very stupid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

71 months ago

Check to see if it went to your spam or junk folder. It should have come from Compliance Wire that is where all of your training material is located.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

71 months ago

natdust20 in North Carolina said: grams, I received the email from compliancewire today for my project training. I signed up for one of the trainings and then about 5 hrs later, I received an email stating that the trainings had been postponed?? Not really getting the best impression here, but I guess I will wait and see what happens. I am a SAHM to a 8 mth old and will just be happy to find something that will allow me to continue to stay home with him (as I have since before birth) and worth late nights. Thanks..

They have been having some technical issues. You will probably hear from them soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kamanthaleighmom in Niota, Tennessee

71 months ago

Thank you. I just finally received the info. Apparently, several individuals did not receive proper instructions. I am working on the training right now. I see also you are fom Barberton. I am transplanted in TN from Wooster. Spent many a weekend traveling to "The Inn" for Barberton Chicken. Have a good day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

71 months ago

So glad you received it. Good luck on training and let me know if you have any questions. I will try to help as much as I can. Yes gotta love that Barberton Chicken! No place like it I have tried them all around here. Know Wooster well my x husband was born there. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Thorn Akerue in Oklahoma

71 months ago

Has anyone here worked for Westat for more than 3 or 6 months? If so how do you like it? Has it been pretty steady? I have been hired but want to talk to someone that has been working for them for a while.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SamanthaR in Finlayson, Minnesota

71 months ago

Thorn Akerue in Oklahoma said: Has anyone here worked for Westat for more than 3 or 6 months? If so how do you like it? Has it been pretty steady? I have been hired but want to talk to someone that has been working for them for a while.

Thanks.

I started in June and in August was taken off a study to train for another one, I waited a month to be notified of this new training and due to a technical difficulty was unable to register for the training class for the study that I was told I would be working on. Now almost 2 months later I am still waiting to be trained into a new study and not working at all. I did like it a lot though when I was working.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dluneke in West Palm Beach, Florida

71 months ago

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida said: O Geez! Lots in common! Let me know if you need any help on project training. Do u know what project you are on yet? I love the work and the people. Good to know u are out there! I am from Barberton, Ohio. suburb of Akron

I just found out I am on the RN Study, 12 weeks, sounds great! This sounds like great company and perfect hours as i have a FT day job. Will u be on that study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

candices

71 months ago

Hi Gramsworkhome, I talked with you about 2 months ago and we were both finishing up our training about the same time. I was just wondering what study you were put on? I am on the NHTS study. Just wondering how everything is going with you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

R Renee35 in San Antonio, Texas

71 months ago

natdust20 in North Carolina said: Ok, thanks. I was just getting kinda worried since everyone says that they heard something in like 3-5 days and it has taken this long. I will let you know as soon as I hear something..

Can anyone tell me how long will it take for me to get started on my training? i sent my paperwork in on today. What is the next step?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

71 months ago

Every Friday and they will direct deposit you pay in your account. Welcome aboard!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

71 months ago

candices said: Hi Gramsworkhome, I talked with you about 2 months ago and we were both finishing up our training about the same time. I was just wondering what study you were put on? I am on the NHTS study. Just wondering how everything is going with you!

Hi Candice
On the NHTS as well and love it. Everything is going pretty good. A little concerned though due to the fact that they cut my hours down a bit. Was told the hours would go up in Sept but they seem to be having some problems adding new states?? Did find a way to make a little more extra money in the daytime it's ChaCha.com. I don't need to be on the phone and can do this while still babysitting my 2yr old grandaughter. Hours are your own just jump on whenever you can. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

71 months ago

R Renee35 in San Antonio, Texas said: Can anyone tell me how long will it take for me to get started on my training? i sent my paperwork in on today. What is the next step?

Once I sent my paperwork in I received an email within the week. The process for me took approx one month from the time I received my paperwork to going live. In the interim though you will go through system training and then project training. You will be paid for all training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

candices

71 months ago

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida said: Hi Candice
On the NHTS as well and love it. Everything is going pretty good. A little concerned though due to the fact that they cut my hours down a bit. Was told the hours would go up in Sept but they seem to be having some problems adding new states?? Did find a way to make a little more extra money in the daytime it's ChaCha.com. I don't need to be on the phone and can do this while still babysitting my 2yr old grandaughter. Hours are your own just jump on whenever you can. lol

Hi Again - That is the same thing that happened to me...they are only scheduleing me about 16 hours per week. Hopefully it will pick up. One thing I am glad about though is I am able to work the 9pm-12am shift while my daughter is in bed. I really enjoy the NHTS also...it is interesting and the people are really nice. What exactly is chacha.com? Just curious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

71 months ago

I am working 7pm to 10pm at the moment. Was working 7pm to 12am but they cut me back. Also working Sat 10am to 4pm and Sunday this week 2pm to 8pm. I have asked not to work anymore Sun shifts as I have committments on Sunday. Chacha is a company that gives people answers to any questions they may have while not @ home to check their computer or yellow pages?? ect ie Where is there a good Pizza place close to 101 S. Golfview in Lake Worth, Fl. They either use their cell phones to text the question or they phone and leave a message. That message is converted to text and sent to a guide. The phone text goes directly to the guide. They in turn look the info up and send a message back. So everything is done on the computer. No phone work at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

R Renee35 in San Antonio, Texas

71 months ago

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida said: Once I sent my paperwork in I received an email within the week. The process for me took approx one month from the time I received my paperwork to going live. In the interim though you will go through system training and then project training. You will be paid for all training.

I got an email that my paperwork was received on the 19th. What is the next step? How long does it take for them to contact you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

71 months ago

R Renee35 in San Antonio, Texas said: I got an email that my paperwork was received on the 19th. What is the next step? How long does it take for them to contact you?

It was ten days from the time they received my paperwork until I received my email for system training. Hope this helps ya! GL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

CONGRATS!!! They will let u work your own hours your first week. Then you will go into their system and set your schedule you want in there. Be sure you give them all the hours you are available plus any weekend hours. Let me know if you have any trouble with it ..good for you on your way!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

You can work different hours. There is a place where you change your schedule if you want every week. Just be sure you change it in time for the following week. You can also work split shifts if you want. I worked a split for awhile on Sat 10-2 then 6-10. You have to work a max of a 3hr shift and 15hrs per week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

R Renee35 in San Antonio, Texas

70 months ago

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida said: It was ten days from the time they received my paperwork until I received my email for system training. Hope this helps ya! GL

I received an email stating that I should get an email for training by tomorrow or the sixth day (it was sent on the 24th). I am so nervous and excited! Will I know what project I am going to be working on? Is the training pretty simple? Can I work on different projects or just that one?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

Once your system training is complete they will send you another email for project training. You will know then what project you will be working on. You will work on a project until it is completed and then you will receive another email for training on a different project. You have to go through training for each project you are going to work on. I have seen where some of the collectors are trained on more than one project at a time. I am going to request training for another project when I see mine beginning to finish up. CONGRATS~! and welcome aboard! I love working for them.......wonderful company..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

specialgrandma in Warren, Ohio

70 months ago

Thanks to all of your comments here! I have been researching at home work for awhile and came across Westat. I came here and read your comments... especially you gramsworkhome! I did my voice audition yesterday and spoke to Beverly today.... looks like I'm one of the new employees!
BTW, gram, I'm up in Warren,OH and doing the same thing. Trying to help the daughter out with the grandbaby! Besides, who can resist not having to get dressed and drive forever and ever?:)
I can't wait to get started (I know it may be a little bit, says nothing's open yet)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

specialgrandma in Warren, Ohio said: Thanks to all of your comments here! I have been researching at home work for awhile and came across Westat. I came here and read your comments... especially you gramsworkhome! I did my voice audition yesterday and spoke to Beverly today.... looks like I'm one of the new employees!
BTW, gram, I'm up in Warren,OH and doing the same thing. Trying to help the daughter out with the grandbaby! Besides, who can resist not having to get dressed and drive forever and ever?:)
I can't wait to get started (I know it may be a little bit, says nothing's open yet)

Well Hi there specialgrandma and welcome aboard! I am originally from Ohio but now down here in southern Florida. It may not be very long of a wait. They are always finding new projects. Let me know if there is anyway I can help you out. Us grandma's need to stick together! HA GL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

specialgrandma in Warren, Ohio

70 months ago

Thanks! I told the interviewer it was beacuse of you guys here that I was interested. She said she hopes I am able to post some good things here as an employee soon. ME TOO :)
I do have a question, what kind of headset are you using? Is it working out for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

You are on board now it won't be long. I purchased my headset at Circuit City. I don't even remember what it was but it is working just fine. I bought the cheapest one they had. Could not afford an expensive one because I had to have a landline put in and hookup to cable internet and a phone! I had only been using a cell phone. The expensive was alot for me right then. When you go to purchase take your phone with you to be sure the headset will work with the phone you already have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

specialgrandma in Warren, Ohio

70 months ago

Thanks for the input. I bought one like I used at my old call center on Ebay about a month ago with a new phone. It ended up alot less than getting them at a store! I kbow what you mean about the start up! I used to work for a cell company, so I have not had any landline connections at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

I know that can be a shocker! Plus I hate a land line phone get calls all day long ugh Glad to hear you already have a phone and headset I am sure it will work fine. Have a suggestion for you send me an email at my email address if you don't mind me knowing your email. I have another opportunity that I work at that you might be interested in. No biggy but extra money.
gramsworkhome@gmal.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

slewi983 in Warner Robins, Georgia

70 months ago

Grams,

I have been awaiting an email stating that I will begin project training but they said it could take 3-4 weeks. I have been waiting 3 weeks and I stil have not heard anything. I really need to start making some money. How long does it usually take to start project training? I have been working at home for about a year. I use to work for West at Home but I had surgery and was unable to work. I have tried reapply with them but I have been unsuccessful. I am looking for any kind of job working from to make a little extra. If you know of any other company that you can share please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

Send me an email @ gramsworkhome@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

specialgrandma in Warren, Ohio

70 months ago

Well, I'm on my way! I got my email to fill out the all of the forms today! I am going to get them taken care of tomorrow. Did you get the email from me Gram? Sent it out on Saturday after reading your response. I'd definitely be interested in another opportunity. I have TONS of free time:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

No did not receive it. Are u sure u sent it to gramsworkhome@gmail.com? Try again........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle01 in Garland, Texas

70 months ago

I just did the voice audition for Westat yesterday and recieved an email today saying they would call me within two weeks. I have been a stay at home mom now for almost three years and have looked previously for a job I could do from home, but have always been terrified by all those scams out there. I gave it a go and am hoping it turns out that this is legitimate and from what I've seen here it looks like it. I am now reconsidering the hours that I put in for, I was thinking that days would be better, but am now thinking that it might be better if I wait until all the kids are in bed. My original thought was that I'd try to work when the kids were napping and in school, but that is not always a guarantee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

michelle01 in Garland, Texas said: I just did the voice audition for Westat yesterday and recieved an email today saying they would call me within two weeks. I have been a stay at home mom now for almost three years and have looked previously for a job I could do from home, but have always been terrified by all those scams out there. I gave it a go and am hoping it turns out that this is legitimate and from what I've seen here it looks like it. I am now reconsidering the hours that I put in for, I was thinking that days would be better, but am now thinking that it might be better if I wait until all the kids are in bed. My original thought was that I'd try to work when the kids were napping and in school, but that is not always a guarantee.

This company is absolutely legite been working for them since July always paid and on time. They also care about their employees they do not leave you out there on your own. They have meetings you attend once a week and one on one's with your mentor every two weeks or so. If you have any questions in between you can always email your mentor. You can ask for the hours that you want to work you must work at least a three hour shift and 15 hours a week min. Just so you know they will not tolerate any noise at all in the background when you are making calls. They are very strict about that. Very professional company. GL to you and welcome aboard!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ShellyNicole in Baltimore, Maryland

70 months ago

Hi, I am so happy to have found this forum. I got an email yesterday stating I would get my training within the next 5 days. I am so excited. I have a 15 month old daughter and my husband is a electrician and is gone from 4am to 7pm every day so finding a job around his hours has been challenging. We have been really tight lately because he took a pay cut and has a 2 hour commute for work now (4 hours total, sometimes longer) so when I came across Westat they seemed a Godsend! We can't afford daycare so this will be perfect. I am so excited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

Welcome aboard! So glad to have you! You will find Westat a wonderful company to work for and they pay you for training. That is a rare find. Be sure to let them know the hours you want from the beginning and they will schedule you accordingly. GL Need any help just yell..........
grams

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ShellyNicole in Baltimore, Maryland

70 months ago

Aw thank you so much, it is so nice of you to offer your help. I just may take you up on the offer. I do have one question, how much is training paid at? I home is in pre foreclosure so we need money fast and I read that after the initial training it could take 2 to 3 more weeks for the progect training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

You will be paid at the day rate for training. I believe $8.60? Yes it could take awhile before you begin Project Training. I was lucky and started right before a new project was starting therefore my project training came within 3 or 4 days of my system training. Send me an email at the address I have given in the forum and I can tell you about my on the side internet job I do during the day while I am babysitting my grandaughters. No phone talk just all internet. You will not make a bundle of money but it can give you cash right away.
grams

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

YEP But just the daily rate of 8.25. You will receive a raise to after six weeks. email me @ gramsworkhome@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

specialgrandma in Warren, Ohio

70 months ago

Well, all my preboarding paperwork had been faxed and mailed in, should just be a matter of time now before I start the training. I'm excited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

Good for you! On your way!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JC in Sun City, Arizona

70 months ago

Grams Rule! You should look into bein a mentor or team lead. You are an awesome leader and provide great motivation for the forum!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JC in Sun City, Arizona

70 months ago

I was emailed saying I would be considered for a project once I returned my background clearance. I have not heard anything. I was not sure which email address I should write to follow up...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

JC in Sun City, Arizona said: Grams Rule! You should look into bein a mentor or team lead. You are an awesome leader and provide great motivation for the forum!

Why thank u kindly! I truly believe in this company and the projects that you are working on for them. Also love to help people guess that goes with the years I was a supervisor and then manager. I enjoy helping. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

JC in Sun City, Arizona said: I was emailed saying I would be considered for a project once I returned my background clearance. I have not heard anything. I was not sure which email address I should write to follow up...

Send an email to trcjobs@westat.com they will send an email back. Hope this helps ya!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JC in Sun City, Arizona

70 months ago

I sent a follow up email last week response: Westat?s staffing department is aware of all employees who are currently employed and not assigned to a project. As new trainings are scheduled you will receive an email from compliance wire with information on the training agenda.

Thank you for your interest.

TRC JOBS

I'm getting discouraged I really need an income asap. I failed my chacha for guide :-( Is their anything else. I don't like to leave anything incomplete so I would hate to start training elsewhere when Westat does offer me a project. Just a little frustrated that I rushed to complete everything asap to get ahead of the game and nothing...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

JC in Sun City, Arizona said: I sent a follow up email last week response: Westat?s staffing department is aware of all employees who are currently employed and not assigned to a project. As new trainings are scheduled you will receive an email from compliance wire with information on the training agenda.

Thank you for your interest.

TRC JOBS

I'm getting discouraged I really need an income asap. I failed my chacha for guide :-( Is their anything else. I don't like to leave anything incomplete so I would hate to start training elsewhere when Westat does offer me a project. Just a little frustrated that I rushed to complete everything asap to get ahead of the game and nothing...

So Sorry to hear that! Westat may have a full house right now? Don't know. Have heard that teletech is hiring? Might want to try it?
grams

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JC in Sun City, Arizona

70 months ago

Has anyone had a progress? Being assigned a new project? I got excited for a moment when I got an email from Compliance Wire, it's the Wireless Policy. Darn, Again, Thanks Grams for all the feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gramsworkhome in Lake Worth, Florida

70 months ago

JC in Sun City, Arizona said: Has anyone had a progress? Being assigned a new project? I got excited for a moment when I got an email from Compliance Wire, it's the Wireless Policy. Darn, Again, Thanks Grams for all the feedback.

Hi JC hang in there just looked at the Wiki looks as though there is a new project coming up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JC in Sun City, Arizona

70 months ago

Even though I do not have a project should I be reading the Wiki daily? I want to keep on I'm very eager (obviously, lol) to start and learn. I applied to Teletech as well I've read mostly bad things on this site. Have you heard anything?It seems like a reputable company...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.