WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET A JOB AT WHEATON FRANCISCAN?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

TRACY MCMORRIS in Hinsdale, Illinois

89 months ago

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET A CNA JOB AT WHEATON FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS NOW. THATA WHEN I FIRST GOT MY CNA CERTIFICATE. AND EVERY TIME I APPLY I ALWAYS GET TURNED DOWN. I DONT EVEN GET CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW. SO THEY CAN TALK TO ME FACE TO FACE AND GET TO KNOW ME. AND SEE WHAT TYPE OF PERSON I AM. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET IN THERE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Hamburg, Michigan

88 months ago

I applied for an office position there, after about a month went by they finally called to set up an interview...only it was a telephone interview, so I never got to see anyone face-to-face anyway. About two weeks later I received a letter that basically said the found someone else for the position. I don't know if this is SOP for them or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brenda in Brookfield, Wisconsin

87 months ago

kathy in Hamburg, Michigan said: I applied for an office position there, after about a month went by they finally called to set up an interview...only it was a telephone interview, so I never got to see anyone face-to-face anyway. About two weeks later I received a letter that basically said the found someone else for the position. I don't know if this is SOP for them or not.

I tried to get a job here also, was told that I do not have enough experience with 7 years of accounts receivable to do cash handling. It doesn't even help if you have contacts that work there. I am not sure what they are really looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SL in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

87 months ago

I used to work for them in high school and even though I often worked double shifts and over 20 hours a week, I was really sick a lot and was written up for too many sick days ( including time I spent in the hospital). I was on the 504 disability program in high school and it wasn't until three years after I quit that I was finally diagnosed with a medical condition; even with a medical excuse, they refused to hire me after I graduated from college in a health care field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

86 months ago

TRACY MCMORRIS in Hinsdale, Illinois said: I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET A CNA JOB AT WHEATON FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS NOW. THATA WHEN I FIRST GOT MY CNA CERTIFICATE. AND EVERY TIME I APPLY I ALWAYS GET TURNED DOWN. I DONT EVEN GET CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW. SO THEY CAN TALK TO ME FACE TO FACE AND GET TO KNOW ME. AND SEE WHAT TYPE OF PERSON I AM. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET IN THERE?

I don't know, but don't feel alone. I am an RN trying to get a job there. I think it is because it a large institution with some process flow issues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sky Milwaukee

85 months ago

I got the same treatment, last year with 20 years of experience in the field I applied for, and with top credentials, they told me I was not qualified.
This year I got an interview, they seemed to approve than abruptly closed the door on me. The way I look at it it is their lost, because I know what I can do and I would be an asset to the unit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Newport Beach, California

84 months ago

It's really hard to say what's going on there, except that money is tight and they want to hire in people as cheaply as possible. I interviewed for a position for which I was totally qualified, judging by the questions asked by the director. I was dismissed from the running rather quickly. I know people who work at other locations and they said someone who doesn't have near the experience, has worked only at this one location and is young, perky, thin and would most likely be cheaper to hire is still in the running for a supervisor job. They cast me off to another hiring manager who has been having me rearrange my schedule several times, coming back for interviews for a job I'm not even sure I want. No wonder money is tight. They want cheap up front and don't care about the consequences.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy McMorris in Racine, Wisconsin

84 months ago

I finally got called for an interview im real nervous about it I hope they hire me i;ve been trying to be apart of there team for 8 years now. i thank God that i finally get this opportunity to talk to them face to face.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

James Varese in Mexicali, Mexico

37 months ago

I also interviewed with them. I applied on line, got a call and did the in person interview. They checked my references...and they were all positive. Nonetheless, they never hired me...not sure why.

Regardless, the SAME position I was applying for has been reposted consistently on indeed for the past year. It seems like it isn't the employees or interviewees that are the problem but the hiring managers...either they don't know how to pick them or people aren't happy there. For a position to be open for over a year...in this economy...says more about the company. I also think it is better I didn't get hired, something must be really wrong with that hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JSP CMA in Tacoma, Washington

15 months ago

I have been trying over about 2 years to get on as a CMA at Franciscan here in Tacoma WA..I see people hired that I went to school with but do not have the maturity that I do nor the general work experience aside from our schooling. I know I am qualified. I get the same thing as all of you. I asked my friend how she got on and she was kinda snarky and said, "I guess I just had what they were looking for!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.