Wic Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Wic?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Prescott, Arizona

21 months ago

For my area, there are two parts to a WIC interview for a Breast Feeding Peer Counselor. At the first interview, the two lactation consultants interviewed me. The first question was "Please tell us about yourself, and then tell us about your breastfeeding experience." The best answer is to be honest with this question and give them a sense of who you are, your personality, and your experience. They asked me some follow up questions about particular supports and opportunities for my while breastfeeding. They also ask you about your experience with the WIC program. They want to know why you want the job, where you see yourself in the program, how long you are looking to be around. Are you willing to commute? Are you willing to be in charge of yourself and make your own schedule as well as put in extra hours if needed by clients? Those are the questions I got asked. Some follow up questions to particular answers I gave, however it will vary upon your answers so not worth mentioning. They were friendly, and professional. I dressed business casual (somewhat hard due to the fact that I was 7 months pregnant at the time) and I secured a second interview so I must have answered the questions well enough! Good luck to any one applying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tango Charlie in Lumberton, Texas

16 months ago

So far I have completed a panel interview for a nutritionist (non-RD) position. The panel consisted of three interviewers. There were no specific nutrition related questions. Some of the questions asked:

- Why is teamwork important?
- How have you resolved conflict?
- What do you feel has been your biggest accomplishment?
- Based on the job description, what do you feel are the most important skills to have for the position?
- How much experience do you have using Microsoft Office?
- Why do you feel you would be better than other applicants?

Those are examples of most of the questions I can remember.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.