How to get a job at Williams-sonoma, Inc..

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Williams-sonoma, Inc.? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

san francisco person in San Francisco, California

69 months ago

I interviewed for internal audit, my interview was at 9:15, I was in reception at 9:13 and was greeted with "I assumed you were going to be a no show" by the interviewer- no hello or anything!

So advice is get there 20 minutes early and just wait!

The questions they asked me were off a checklist they were :
1. Who is the CEO
2 Who is the CFO
3 What do you konw about williams sonoma, who founded the company
4 what are all our brands
5. What has made you most proud in your career

The other thing, the culture is super formal and very hierarchial. The VP of internal audit was wearing a suit and tie so definitely dress up a lot more than you would think for this culture.

Needless to say I did not get the job and bizarrely the interviewer mentioned during the interview that he had just been approached to work in internal audit at PG&E, so I didnt get the sense he was loving his department- most strange?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

erikcmartinez in San Francisco, California

49 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Williams-sonoma, Inc.? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

labor vendor that provides talent at WSI: www.micegroups.com/index.php?section=clients

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

erikcmartinez in San Francisco, California

49 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Williams-sonoma, Inc.? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

For the interview you need to be early, clear, honest, nice, and wear a suit that is appropriate for the position level - if you are applying to be a manager, wear something nicer than if you are applying to be an analyst - dress the part and own it. When you get the job, you probably don't have to wear a suit again. Unless you really want to. Otherwise, the only rule is that you're not allowed to wear jeans - they are an old company, so it's pretty expected. People there are really nice and bend over backwards to accomodate you in your work. No one is ever left hanging there, but performance expectations are very high.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

PandaDancing in Las Vegas, Nevada

23 months ago

I applied to work in the customer care center here in Vegas. Basically a call center. You apply, take a personality test online. I waited a few days and got an email asking me to call HR to schedule a test. Went in, did a data entry test and one for customer service. Passed that, and was scheduled for an interview the next day. The interview was fairly simple, they asked your basic questions about situations at your old job, strengths and weaknesses, etc. At the end of the interview I was told I was hired. Started the next Monday. The customer care center at least, is very casual. You should certainly dress up for your interview, at least some nice black slacks and a nice business appropriate top. Just be prepared for the fact that you're going to be dressed up and the office staff will be in shorts. :P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.