How to get a job at WinCo Foods.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 66 of 66)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

mirandaperry2005 in Puyallup, Washington

61 months ago

Mrs Sanchez in Tacoma, Washington said: When i went to the orientaion, we just watched a video and they talked about the company.After that they signed us up for interviews..it's good to have no restrictions, just say u can work any day anytime, they like that. the interview was really easy... and im really bad at interviews! I dont really remember all the questions he asked but they were along the lines of "why do you think your good for the position", "what can u bring to this company" stuff like that, it's easy.. good luck! and yes winco is an amazing company to work for..great everything :)

I had a interview already, took a drug test and food class and I have orientation next. I think I am done with interviews at least I hope. I know what the position is, the hours, pay and job duties.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tinamaemartin in Salt Lake City, Utah

61 months ago

I live close to the new store opening on 7200 s. and would like to know how to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

blueyeblonde54 in San Bernardino, California

59 months ago

When does the new winco in hemet start hiring? I work @ a market in Hemet And have exp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

michele in Orem, Utah

59 months ago

I was wondering when the winco in midvale utah was going to start hireing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

michele in Orem, Utah said: I was wondering when the winco in midvale utah was going to start hireing

I was wondering the same thing ,when are they hiring for the midvale, i've been to the location several times, but there is nothing there, please write me so i can apply. tinamaemartimurray

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

I've been on all the websites to try to find out where to apply for the midvale winco store, but i'm having a hard time finding out anything. Would someone please help me. My unemployment is up & i don't know what else to do to get in touch with the people who do the hiring. I really need a job & i'd appreciate any feedback from anyone at all. Thank you very much! Tina martin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ian Mclarney in Hermiston, Oregon

59 months ago

Is there anyone here that got hired on at the new distribution center in Boise ID? I wondering what the pay scale is as well as various positions, benefits and shift schedules thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lx in Winchester, California

57 months ago

Host said: Do you work at WinCo Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Just to give you the ups on Winco in Hemet. I was also told Winco would have a trailer parked on site in Hemet to receive applications. Well, I would drive by everyday in hopes to apply. One day I just happened to be looking on line for jobs and came across Winco stores hiring site. The site stated to log on their site and you could fill out an application. Also, it gave a number you could call and when you called they gave you an appointment. When you showed up for your appointment there was no interview, all jobs were filled. I received a flyer in my mail box a day after I saw it on line. Pretty sad!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bryan N-A in SLC, Utah

57 months ago

Winco wants motivated people, so motivated that they make it hard to apply, well not hard, it just takes some effort. Also being literate and able to write helps(hint to some on here). Plenty of benefits and the pay is just above minimum, so it sucks. But they promote only within and have automatic raises.

To apply: you will must find the site or number, one places that tells people when stores are opening and hiring is their twitter page at: twitter.com/wincofoods ... you have to first take the over phone or online survey, if you pass that you will be invited to a meeting (if the store is not open) if it is open they will invite you in for the application. You will have to fill out the app and bring it back later, then if your schedule is open and you seem motivated they will schedule an interview... Winco wants motivated people so if you can not do all these steps and have an open schedule (they are open 24/7/364) then simply dont even try, you will not get a flexible or stable schedule... If you can not find the info to apply at your local store than you have already failed the first part of your application.

If you can do all that then Winco offers stock, benefits, and vacation and holiday pay... your usual stuff along with promotion within but if you are not motivated to move ahead, this job is not for you. Simply go somewhere else.

Do not ask for an application until you have done the phone survey, or they will simply give you the number anyways. Honesty, and motivation they are very strict on. This company is employee owned and it has been working for them to be this way, as they want hard steady honest workers since everyone has a say in the company! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bryan N-A in SLC, Utah

57 months ago

oh i forgot to mention, the Hemet, CA. Midvale, UT. West Valley City, UT, stores are all done hiring, it was a short hiring and application week, with many applicants, were the motivated and opened were welcomed in. Sorry, it just appears that you have to be quick for this company. I am lucky enough to have gotten in, I hope to make it far!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Abbagail Anderson in Vancouver, Washington

53 months ago

Mrs Sanchez in Tacoma, Washington said: I work at Winco =) i got lucky i guess and was one of the first people to work for the new puyallup store. We go something in the mail, i called the number,did the little questionair, was told where to get an ap,went and got it, had an orientation, set up an interview, got hierd. It it one of the BEST places to work. Great everything. It's hard work tho. But it's worth what comes alot with it.

how long after an interview at winco do you know if you got the job or not?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Abbagail Anderson in Vancouver, Washington

53 months ago

mirandaperry2005 in Puyallup, Washington said: I had a interview already, took a drug test and food class and I have orientation next. I think I am done with interviews at least I hope. I know what the position is, the hours, pay and job duties.

how long after the interview did you know if you got the job? do they ask you to take a drug test after the interview or do you have a second interview and then you take the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

pmalloy03@yahoo.com in Las Vegas, Nevada

33 months ago

A new Winco is under construction in Henderson, Nevada. Has anyone heard of when they will be taking applications for this location? My husband has several years of frozen food and store management experience and wants to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Confused

33 months ago

I just had a job interview today for the freight stocker. Its in California. They said they will notify ,e via-email if I got hired or not because they have more interviews to do? Does this mean I didnt get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lindseylei in Beaverton, Oregon

28 months ago

Mrs Sanchez in Tacoma, Washington said: I work at Winco =) i got lucky i guess and was one of the first people to work for the new puyallup store. We go something in the mail, i called the number,did the little questionair, was told where to get an ap,went and got it, had an orientation, set up an interview, got hierd. It it one of the BEST places to work. Great everything. It's hard work tho. But it's worth what comes alot with it.

How long was the Orientation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Manager In Training in Draper, Utah

21 months ago

Host said: Do you work at WinCo Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Make sure that you have at least two job references, with at least six months of experience with each previous employer.

The pay isn't spectacular, but the benefits are outstanding, and there is plenty of room to grow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.