How to get a job at WinCo Foods.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 65)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at WinCo Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Booboo in Salem, Oregon

91 months ago

I did work for Winco Foods. Not any more. Couldn't handle it. I can say that it is possible to get in only if you know someone working there. Only this way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (122) / No (72) Reply - Report abuse

Greg Bowden in Reno, Nevada

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at WinCo Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Would like to try and work for Winco Foods as i'm a student and need an extra job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (95) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

Edith Dorn in Apple Valley, California

84 months ago

How do I apply for a job at the new location of Apple Valley, CA., I am interested in working for your company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (121) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

Glenda Perry in Apple Valley, California

84 months ago

Is Winco a Union shop?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Gillispie in Apple Valley, California

83 months ago

Interested in how to apply for WinCo Foods in Apple Valley. Is it a good job as far as pay and benefits?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

M Thoza in Rocklin, California

83 months ago

Winco is not union. Pay rate is usually a small % over that of local unions and health benefits are equal to if not better than union.

Getting hired is a lot like winning the lotto. Applications are gone over by hand so the ones on top are most likely to be interviewed.

For new store openings check out the local EDD, they usually have applications.

Oh, and the work is demanding. It's not like most retail work, it's more like warehouse work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Sanchez in Tacoma, Washington

83 months ago

I work at Winco =) i got lucky i guess and was one of the first people to work for the new puyallup store. We go something in the mail, i called the number,did the little questionair, was told where to get an ap,went and got it, had an orientation, set up an interview, got hierd. It it one of the BEST places to work. Great everything. It's hard work tho. But it's worth what comes alot with it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Jim Gillispie in Apple Valley, California said: Interested in how to apply for WinCo Foods in Apple Valley. Is it a good job as far as pay and benefits?

it really is, depending on where you live, i live in wa, so i started off at 8.81 been working there for 6 months and now make almost 10. benifits are realy good. just got my teeth cleaned, and cost me nothing. would have cost me well over 200. my advise, if u can get in, stay in. Its a great place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at WinCo Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

The best chance to get in is during a mass hire. the store i was hired had just a lil under 200 ppl. were ALOT less now, but alot of people stayed, cuz its such a great place to work. We didt have to many 'let go's' i dont think.. alot of ppl left cuz they were late to many times, and had to many points. We work on a point system, you get 15 point a year, if your late, thats 2 points, if u call in thats 3. if u have a dr note then you dont get points which is nice. I think the system is good, it sure as hell makes you think twice about calling in, just to call in. Or walking out your front door a few min late. It really makes ppl actually be on time. and show up to there shifts. anyway i really love my store. At times it's hard work. but its a great job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nazbrat in Aple Valley, California

82 months ago

What does this Point system Affect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

if u get i think it's 9 points u get takled to, there just letting u know your reaching the 15 point mark, cuz if u get 15 points, your gone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Victorville, California

80 months ago

Edith Dorn in Apple Valley, California said: How do I apply for a job at the new location of Apple Valley, CA., I am interested in working for your company.

Edith, did you ever get the job at Winco in Apple Valley?
Renee Apple Valley, CA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Gillispie in Apple Valley, California

80 months ago

I made it to the interview and thought everything went well, but I received a letter saying I did not get the job. I was greatly disappointed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Victorville, California

80 months ago

Ohh I'm sorry! Winco & every other business up here in this desert is difficult to gain employment!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa Petersen in Victorville, California

78 months ago

I would like a job at winco what do i need to do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

meredith11 in Vancouver, Washington said: I applied for winco, im going for job orientation tomorrow..I really want this job, i hear its a great company to work for. can anybody give me any inside tips on interviewing, as to what are they looking to hear? What kind of questions do they ask?

When i went to the orientaion, we just watched a video and they talked about the company.After that they signed us up for interviews..it's good to have no restrictions, just say u can work any day anytime, they like that. the interview was really easy... and im really bad at interviews! I dont really remember all the questions he asked but they were along the lines of "why do you think your good for the position", "what can u bring to this company" stuff like that, it's easy.. good luck! and yes winco is an amazing company to work for..great everything :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

meredith11 in Vancouver, Washington

78 months ago

Give Thanks my friend..The orientation was exactly as you said..I have an interview for monday @ 1:30. Hopefully i get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

meredith11 in Vancouver, Washington said: Give Thanks my friend..The orientation was exactly as you said..I have an interview for monday @ 1:30. Hopefully i get the job.

good luck! what position are you applying for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

im applying for checker/grocery floor..which position do you work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Thank You so much i need all the luck i can get:D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

cool just be posative and you will get it no prob

78 months ago

meredith11 in Vancouver, Washington said: im applying for checker/grocery floor..which position do you work?

i started cashierng first then moved to floor.. i love the floor its the best place to be cuz your always moving.. you get more hours on the floor too.. plus time goes by hella fast too! all u do it stock all the LRQT's.. eather all the Deli stuff..'meats cheeses, ect' or the frozen.. its easy, but alot of work.. and remember you get 50 cents more after 10.. i like the 4-12:30's because of that... more money!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cameron vargas in victorville, California

78 months ago

Greg Bowden in Reno, Nevada said: Would like to try and work for Winco Foods as i'm a student and need an extra job.

Hi my name is Cameron Vargas and im going to school and trying to support 12 siblings and i need some income to help me out with a lot of things car, food , books etc. id appreciate if I could get hooked up with a job at the new Winco opening in victorville near stater brothers

you can contact me at <Edited by Host: contact info removed> i hope u get back to me soon

sincerly ,
Cameron Vargas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

U shoujld get something in the mail with a phone # on it, and u have to take the phone interview first, just depends tho. If theres a trailer in the parking lot of the winco thats being built i would talk to them, and they could set you up for the orientaion. thats all i can think of to do that what i did.its pretty easy to get in,if the store is just opening. good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tereon smith in spanaway, Washington

78 months ago

Tereon smith

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

martys in spokane, Washington

77 months ago

spokane wa.is building a winco store here.i am tryig to get a app.to called a number once,got hung up on.any body know who to contack?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

martys in spokane, Washington said: spokane wa.is building a winco store here.i am trying to get a app to. called a number once,got hung up on.any body know who to contack?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

That will be nice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

want to know who to contack.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

yeah.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

your not telling how to get the app.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

new to this site

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Yes,I dont really know what sit is. I was just looking for online one day and click on this site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Liz Floyd in Victorville, California

77 months ago

Mrs Sanchez in Tacoma, Washington said: U shoujld get something in the mail with a phone # on it, and u have to take the phone interview first, just depends tho. If theres a trailer in the parking lot of the winco thats being built i would talk to them, and they could set you up for the orientaion. thats all i can think of to do that what i did.its pretty easy to get in,if the store is just opening. good luck.

I am also trying to apply at Winco. There is no information about how to get an application or how to apply even. I have gone online and looked at their website and there is no information provided there either...not even a phone number available. I have heard that there is another Winco being built here in Victorville, CA and I desperately need a job to support my family. I am wondering if anyone has a phone number or any way at all to contact Winco to find out how to apply for a job there. Thank you for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

deanna blocksom in Victorville, California

77 months ago

thank you for your time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

no one said how to go about,getting a app.or phone number.not much help out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

elnor flores in Sacramento, California

77 months ago

this site is very helpful. it provides feedback from people who's been there. it's a good sharing site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Mrs Sanchez in Tacoma, Washington said: When i went to the orientaion, we just watched a video and they talked about the company.After that they signed us up for interviews..it's good to have no restrictions, just say u can work any day anytime, they like that. the interview was really easy... and im really bad at interviews! I dont really remember all the questions he asked but they were along the lines of "why do you think your good for the position", "what can u bring to this company" stuff like that, it's easy.. good luck! and yes winco is an amazing company to work for..great everything :)

What do you mean by " what can u bring to this company". Can yopu give me an example? I'm planning to apply for job at WINCO. Thank you for sharing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Well, just think about what you CAN bring to the company.example: im a hard worker,dependable, motivated,always willing to learn something new, wanting to grow with the company,ect.. stuff like that. one of my questions were, what do u epxect from your manager.. good luck.. just go in with confedence..let them know your exited to have a chance to work for such a great company.. good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

thank you for the input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ronnabay in Cheney, Washington

75 months ago

martys in spokane, Washington said: spokane wa.is building a winco store here.i am tryig to get a app.to called a number once,got hung up on.any body know who to contack?

You might want to try updating your spelling skills before you apply for a job anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

maggie may in Hemet, California

73 months ago

I was hired two months ago. No grocery experience but major customer serive skills. As long as you can work your butt off you are an in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Indy in Lincoln, California

69 months ago

Hi, I went to orientation, went home to do the online survey. How long does it take from there to get an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Indy in Lincoln, California

69 months ago

SORRY, I meant to say that I went to the information meeting on a Friday, went home and did the online survey where they basically test your honesty. How long after that do they call for an interview?

Brad Sims in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

What kind of store is this...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

catie0 in Hemet, California

68 months ago

does anyone know when the winco in hemet will be hiring??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

catie0 in Hemet, California

68 months ago

maggie may in Hemet, California said: I was hired two months ago. No grocery experience but major customer serive skills. As long as you can work your butt off you are an in.

hey, i was just wondering if u knew when the winco hemet will be hiring?? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mirandaperry2005 in Puyallup, Washington

67 months ago

Mrs Sanchez in Tacoma, Washington said: When i went to the orientaion, we just watched a video and they talked about the company.After that they signed us up for interviews..it's good to have no restrictions, just say u can work any day anytime, they like that. the interview was really easy... and im really bad at interviews! I dont really remember all the questions he asked but they were along the lines of "why do you think your good for the position", "what can u bring to this company" stuff like that, it's easy.. good luck! and yes winco is an amazing company to work for..great everything :)

I had a interview already, took a drug test and food class and I have orientation next. I think I am done with interviews at least I hope. I know what the position is, the hours, pay and job duties.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.